Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
roselee_gw

WANTED: Rat tail radish ...

I never heard of rat tail radish until I read about it on the container garden forum. On the outside chance that someone here might have seeds I thought I'd ask.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rat tail radish -- aims to please in a pod ....

Comments (9)

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I guess by now everybody is tired of seeing the title of this post ... LOL ... so will bump it down. Just keep me in mind if you see seeds anywhere.

I can buy them on line, but don't need enough other things to make up a big enough order for it to be worth the expenditure. Maybe I will order them next year and have some seeds to pass around if anyone is interested.

• merrybookwyrm
    14 years ago

roselee, long story short, have rat tail radish seeds. Do you still want them? The green malabar spinach are coming up nicely, thank you!

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Wow -- you got some! :-) Yes, I would appreciate some seeds. Never got around to ordering them from Johnnies yet.

Thank YOU!

btw, enjoyed your art work on the t.y. card!

• merrybookwyrm
    14 years ago

They're in the mail. Enjoy!

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    Original Author
    14 years ago

They came! Thank you SO MUCH! Also thank you all the information about them you provided. I'm so happy to have them. Never dreamed I'd have some seed to plant this year :-)

• merrybookwyrm
    13 years ago

Hope your rat tails are growing great. Mine were, until something ate them to pieces yesterday. :-(

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    Original Author
    13 years ago

So sorry to hear that. I planted the seeds you sent to me in pots. Just like the regular radishes do they came up very quickly. I haven't transfered them to the ground yet. I saved some seeds back. Do you need some of them to get you started again?

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I was reminded of a neat tip for protecting seedlings that was on the Butterfly Forum this morning. I'm going to do this when I set my rat tail radish seedlings out.

Here is a link that might be useful: 'On site' seed planting ... Butterfly Forum

• merrybookwyrm
    13 years ago

Thank for the tip about protecting seedlings. Will try that. I've enough seed to get going again. :-)