Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

o
wanted: sa swap

Posted by rock_oak_deer 8a TX (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 3, 12 at 18:48

SPRING SAN ANTONIO PLANT SWAP -- MARK YOUR CALENDERS

DATE: Saturday April 14, 2012

TIME: 9:00 to noonish

LOCATION: Rogiers Park, 209 Pleasant Dr., Balcones Heights, Texas. Same location as last fall.

Everyone welcome, we enjoy meeting new folks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wanted: sa swap

This is an absolutely awful ,...or great day for an austin based gardener to come. LBJwildflower Biannual Plant sale and th Austin C&S Sale is that day. What is a girl to do! I need to clone myself.

o

Yes, but you have to buy plants there. The swap means free plants :-) Besides you've never attended a SAPS.

Maybe you could do both San Antonio and Austin. Our swap starts early and most of the swapping is done the first hour. The rest of the time we just hang out. So swap a bit, hang out a bit and be back in Austin before noon.

How about that -- until you learn the art of bilocation?

o

Oh that isn't so you, I was hoping you could make it this time Mara.

I'm looking for Xanthisma texana seeds also known as Sleepy Daisy or Star of Texas Daisy.

o

Umm, don't know what I wrote there Mara, but I meant to say that I was looking forward to meeting you!

o

Ok, I will try to make it...I have a lot going on. My husband is having a reunion of high school buddies from Germany the next weekend and our place is a mess

I wood love some seed for sleeping daisy also. I don't have that one and I have been looking for it.. I thought I had it but now I do't think so. OK. I am going to try. I am going to list a bunch of stuff, But I will only bring what people ask for and a little extra. These are seedlings so they will need to be mothered. They are sprouting as we speak.

Standing cypress, 4 wing salt bush seedlings, calyophus berlandieri, callirhoe involcrata or alcaoedes,, egrigon, blackfoot daisy (maybe), 4 nerve daisy,Heteratheca villosa (great low mounding drought tollerant yellow aster like), dasylirion wheelerii seedlings.

Salvia roemeriana, Salvia madrensis, Salvia augusta duelberg, Salvia farenacia, Salvia chiquita, savia gregii pink perfection,

sedum palmerii, Scutelaria ovata, Plox pilosa Buhdleia lindleyana (Wheeping butterfly bush), Pedelanthus macrocarpus, Cylindropunta imbricata, Cylindropuntia whippleii, opuntia aciculata, aloe glauca, aloe striata hybrid, agarita, asclepias asperula, some dark green agave (looks like a medium sized Green goblet), maybe a small year old seedling of Agave parryi huachensis

I might have flame flower (talinum calycinum) if they come back. I do have gobs of seed from Cactusgarden.

I will bring my seed box for the intrepid . I need to update the lists. This list might grow as I see what survived the drought.

I am available by email through my page also if you would like me to send a seed list..

o

Wow, what an awesome list Mara. You have so many wonderful plants.

All the online sources for Sleeping Daisy seem to be out right now but I'll keep looking. If I find it I'll let you know.

I'd love Salvia Augusta duelberg

I need to get a list up, but waiting to see what's growing.

Anything you are looking for?

o

If you like sleeping daisy and xerics , I would recommend the Heterotheca villosa for you also.. I collected them from the Wichitaw Mountains. They bllomed through most of the drought , un watered.

o

If they bloomed through the drought then I'd certainly give them a try.

o

I will get up early to reserve the pavilion. Will we have lunch? If anyone owns a cat, please bring a little bag of food, just in case that little fella is still there. Barbra

o

Barbra thanks for getting the location for us and being willing to go early to reserve it! I guess we need to take a little vote on lunch. How many want to bring food this time? Whatever we decide on that I'll bring something for the cat.

Mara, I'm so happy to hear that you're coming. I'm interested in the Heterotheca villosa also and anything similar that would survive and bloom with little water. The fact that you collected the seed yourself makes them all the more special.

So far I have a few pots of:

Fanick's phlox
Fruit cocktail shrimp

I can dig:

Red Shrimp plants, (two kinds)
Winter blooming honeysuckle bush
Coral vine

I'm trying to root:

Night blooming jasmine
Wooly bee brush

Some of the roses I rooted may be mature enough to bring, but you have to sign adoption papers for those ;-) (Just kidding!)

At the moment I'm interested in cold hardy succulents.

o

We should have a discussion about the food for the swap. We have $20.91 in donations that can be used either for door prizes or lunch/snacks. I don't have a strong opinion either way so everyone chime in and we'll make a decision based on input.

It looks like a great swap shaping up this year with the mild weather making it easier to have plants to swap. Meeting Mara and others I haven't met yet will be a highlight for me.

o

I could bring catfood. BTW, after last year's swap, I left, but bought a little catfood and then went back to the park later that day to feed that cat. Yes...honestly, I'm THAT much of a chump! Is there a Cat Lovers Anonymous somewhere I can join?
Roselee, is that Coral Honeysuckle or another kind? Was thinking about getting a Coral Honeysuckle. I've still got a hummingbird feeder out. LOVE those hummers!

o

Linda, that is so sweet not a chump at all.

o

Roselee and Rock Ok, I will have some Heterothecas for you. Roselee, I would be interested in your winter blooming honey suckle and/or the coral vine. I will be posting a more complete list as my garden recovers. But I will have lots of flowering xerics and the sedum palmerii is quite cold hardy. I also will have some texas sedum. I do not have the scientific name for it. And I have lots of cold hardy opuntias, Opuntia grizzly bear (a pad), bunny ears Prickly pear (plant), O. scheeri (pad). Echeveria runyonii ( tiny rosettes are rooting) is also hardy to Z 7 I think. Email me if you are interested.

o

Hi Everyone!

I'm comming too! I have the date saved in my phone so I will remember to take it off when I make the work schedule for April :)

So how does this work? Do I list plants that I have and bring them and some extras? I have a bunch of stuff sprouting right now and could get a few extras going if there are flowers, herbs or vegis in particular. I work tomorrow(well today) but I will inventory and list seeds that I could plant out to bring (I will update my 'trade list' in the next week or so).

Plants I can root right now are:
dragon fruit (red, purple and yellow)
munstead lavender
mandevilla 'red parasol'
pink jasmine vine
umbrella grass
agave pups
purple iris
water primrose (which has been surprisingly drought tol)
spineless prickly pears
sago palms
and pineapple sage
blueberry'powder blue'...dormant so they may be cuttings
same with grapes 'relliance' and hibiscus 'flame'
huckleberry and sunberry seedlings and the peachvines are already up and going thanks to all the rain and mild temps. Wooohooo!!!!

Also, I am not sure if anyone is interested but my husband has made me some plant stands and a bird bath out of granite and tree stumps...they are heavy but really pretty and very solid. We have a lot of granite 'scraps'in different colors so I could bring some for anyone interested. He will cut them to table shaped pieces and we have access to stumps.

Brunch /no brunch???? I am definitely good for a cooler with some bottled water and sodas either way, just let me know! So excited! Hoping this year isn't as hot or dry as the last!
Rebecca:)

o

Hi Rebecca! Welcome! You have an interesting list of plants for me to ponder. I'll be looking some of them up.

Another plant I'll be bringing if there if there is any interest in them is little seedling

TENAZA tree

which were potted up from seeds that sprouted around the mother tree. It's a Texas native, a very graceful multi-trunked tree with very fragrant blooms, and one of the interesting things about it is it stays evergreen in winter here in San Antonio. Well, it did lose most of it's leaves in the winter of 2011, but that was the first time.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tenaza tree ...

o
RE: Antigonon leptopus

The coral vine I can dig and bring is what my grandmother called "Queen's Crown" Antigonon leptopus.

Sorry that I don't always take time to look up the latin names which it's best to use to avoid confusion.

Rebecca, about how this works -- most of us do pre-trades here in the forum or in private emails and bring plants already labeled for those that want them. We also bring some extras if we have them for trading at the swap.

The granite and tree stump bird baths sound fabulous. Do you have any pictures of them to post?

o
RE: Pomegranate?

Does anyone have root sprouts of pomegranate trees to trade?

I can bring cuttings of:

UNCLE NAP'S HONEY FIG
DWARF BLACK FIG

o

Roselee, I'm not yet certain that I can come, but if I do, I've rooted several pomegranates this winter that I can bring.
Jim

o

I have several pomagranates that I am trying to root right now, not sure how they will go by then or not-

Mara I would like the cypress seedling

rebecca- I would like madevilla

I will try and work on a list of what I can bring later on this afternoon. It does not matter to me, if we do lunch or not.
Gina

o

Thanks Jim and Gina for the possibility of getting a pomgranate! Jim, I sure hope you can come.

I just divided a bunch of:

FUSCHIA PINK FIRESPIKE

And dug seedlings of what I call:

VINE CASSIA

It's tall and lanky so it needs to lean on something. It has been hardy in the worst of winters probably because it is planted by the back brick wall of the house.

Will bring seeds of:

PINK PENTAPETE
SCARLET PENTAPETE

More to come ...

Sugguestion: When tagging your plants put your name along with the name of the plant in case we have some questions.

o

Hi Rebecca! So glad you plan on joining us at the swap. Your plant list looks great. The water and sodas are a great idea. We usually each bring a lunch and share deserts or other goodies. We'll have more info about that in a few days. --Shirley

Following is information about how the swap works. Patty/castrogardener put this together and I found it very helpful before attending my first swap. So for all the new folks we hope to see and those of us who will want a reminder, here are Patty's tips....

When you arrive, please seek out the hostess if we don't greet you first. Especially if you haven't been before. Any of us will help you with any questions you might have. Get a name tag, sign up for door prizes, and if we have one, sign the list for future notifications of swaps.

Don't forget to bring a sack lunch. We'll need sustenance for continued swapping !

We will have door prizes. If you'd like to donate to our stash, please bring a new or gently used gardening item. We usually include things like fertilizer, gloves, tools, outdoor decorations, books, etc.

Garden Junk and Garden Art is also welcome for trading. Hoses, trellises, rusty buckets, signs, you name it ! We've had people bring homemade soap, mosaic pots, and other great items.

In the past, we welcomed your donations to help pay for the rental of a park pavilion. We are happy that this swap will be held at what may be our new regular location, and at no cost (for now). If you ever attend a swap that asks for donations please drop a few dollars in the jar to help cover the cost -- which is usually covered out of the pocket of the hostess. Please consider that you're leaving the swap with plants that would have cost so much more at a nursery. A little money in the jar will go far to help these great swaps continue.

You may want to bring cardboard boxes to haul home your booty. You may end up taking home more than you bring, and it's not always easy to get it all back in your car. Packing in boxes will allow you to stack them and keep your plants safe.

Bring something to use for labeling the plants you receive. Old window blinds are excellent for this purpose ! They last forever and they're kept out of landfills.

On that note, please label your plants for others. It saves a lot of time at the swap. You don't have to tell everyone what each plant is, since they already have names on them.

Another helpful hint, which takes more time, but is great to have: consider putting a notebook together of your plants. Add pictures and descriptions of each plant you bring. Over time, you can add to it as you accumulate different types of plants. This also saves time at the swap. Others can view your notebook to see what a certain plant will look like.

While swapping, please do not take plants off another's table without asking. They may be across the room promising that same plant to someone else. Please find the owner and ask permission. Everyone's different, of course, and may bid you take whatever you like. But it's good to err on the side of caution, and ask anyway. It's a good idea for all of us to put our name on our table so that everyone knows who to find when they see a plant they'd like.

Plants under the tables are not for swapping. This is where we place the plants we're taking home.

Some plants are special or rare and the swapper may want something special in return. This is understandable. On the other hand, some of us don't always need something in return. Please consider everyone's feelings while swapping.

You may notice above and below this post that people are talking about the plants they have. If you are new to this and wonder what's going on, this is what we call pre-arranged swapping. You can list what you have and others can either post here what they would like from your list or they can contact you by email (if you make sure you add your email to your preferences). You can check their lists to see if you'd like to make a swap. Keep track of each swap and bring the plants to the event for that person, and they will bring what you liked from their list. This is not necessary, of course. You can just bring your plants to the swap and trade in person. But if you pre-arrange swaps, it's kind of like reserving a plant that you really want. If you wait until the swap, someone else may get it before you do. And that can be a bummer !

Last but not least, have a good time. Make new friends ! I've met really great folks at the swaps and we're still swapping many years later !!

If you can't make the San Antonio swap, consider the swap just up the road in Buda.

o

I'd like to come! I'm new new new to gardening, so I wouldn't have much to swap. If I just bring seeds and cash, would that be OK?

o

Thanks for posting the etiquette, Shirley. I got that, with permission, from Sylvia who usually takes care of another Texas swap. Good things to know !

I went through the greenhouse this weekend to get a list together, but I could add things later. I didn't really think about walking through the yard for other ideas. Here's what I have so far:

Pink Trumpet Vine (Podranea ricasoliana)
American Pillar rose - this is a rambler of epic proportions
maybe hyacinth bean vines
maybe clitoria vine
variegated plectranthus (cuban oregano)
Vick's plant plectranthus
salvia coccinea red, white, and maybe dreamsicle
firecracker plant / russelia
bilbergia
crag lily echeandia
coleus
rain lily pink or white
canna
crinum
ruellia squarrosa
carolina jessamine (only have 1)
birdnest sanseveria
Mother in Law's tongue sanseveria
Old Man's Pipe / callisia fragrans
pregnant onion
spider plant
jade
different kalanchoes
donkey ear kalanchoe
Jingle Bells kalanchoe
cissus quadrangularis
ghost plant
angelwing begonia
artillery fern

probably will have some irises that need to be separated

WANT:

daylilies - something other than orange and yellow, unless bicolor, ruffled, etc. Would love pinks/purples/creams

maybe interested in flowering natives and drought resistant

also love salvias

Since I have SO many plants, I would very much like to consider garden junk ! So, if you have things laying around cluttering up the garage or back yard, let me know what you have. I might be able to take it off your hands. No junk too junky to consider ! You'd be surprised what I've taken in trade. :-)

Please email me directly for any exchanges instead of replying here. I see email much more often. Thanks so much !

Also -- as you add your HAVES, also post your WANTS. Some of us make up lists of what we have in abundance, but if we see that someone wants something in particular, we might be able to find it for them.

Patty

patty

o

i do have a bougavilla to trade- unsure which color this one is, and a small fringe hibiscus- I know for sure- will really work on a complete list, me and the kids caught the flu. i do have a few water iris- this is stuff off the top of my head. will compile a good list. started lots of veggies so far too, some are doing great already.

o

Foreverravyn, Welcome, we're so glad you can make the swap and look forward to meeting you. Seeds are welcome and we have several swappers with established gardens who are always looking for newbies to share with so don't worry too much about one to one exchanges since you are new to gardening. Some of our gardeners would even prefer rusty old tools or anything that can be recycled into planters instead of plants in exchange.

Among the things we need this time are items for the door prize table and desserts to share for our lunch.

o

As of now:

red Lycoris ak spider lilies

Asters

o

Here is my amended list. It sounds like a lot but much are just small seedlings and you have to do the nurturing.
Cross Vine ( small plant)
Agarita,
Tooth ache tree
Rhus virens
Heath aster
Salvia Madrensis, salvia romeriana, Salvia chiquita
Dark green Agave Pups ( very cold and drought hardy)
Agave lophantha pup
Agave proto-Americana (wide leaves with crossbanding)
Agave parryi huachensis (1 yr seedling)
Sedum palmerii (cold hardy)
Echeveria runyonii "Topsy Turvy"
Epiphylum oxypetalum
Oenethera speciousa
Gregg Dalea
Snake Herb (Dyschoriste linearis)
texas betony
Glaucus leafed Fleabane ( Erigeron)
Bitterweed
Ipomopsis rubra (Standing cypress)
Calirhoe involcrata/ Calirhoe alcaeoides
Calylophos berlandieri
Eupatorum havanensis
Scutelaria ovata ( root devisions), Scutelaria Wrightii ( seedlings)
a quickly spreading texas sedum
Flame flower ( Talinum calycinum)
Plox pilosa
Alstromeria psittacina
Opuntia macrodasys ( white:plant),
Opuntia scheeri pad
Cylindropuntia imricata, Cylindropuntia whippleii

o
RE: wanted: Mara's swap Wants

I forgot to mention
Aloes glauca, aloe aborescans , mystery aloe, Aloe spinossissima cuttings

MY wants are... Anything arid, unusuall agave's, nolinas, grasses, Coral beans,hesperaloes, Red bud trees, Any native shrubs., salvias Manafredas. hardy aloes... A good rock will get you plants.

o

Oh does anyone have a division of ditany of crete and oregano, marjoram or thyme.? Oh I missed several things that were on my first list they are still on the list ..just ask. I am very scattered these days.

o

some of my haves: one of each
waxleaf
baby mt laurel
bougavilla- do not remember the color
small finge hibiscus
ivy
plumbago
water iris- few of them

sure I will come up with some other things

o

Will take in trade:

TWO AND THREE GALLON NURSERY POTS

PS: Foreverravyn, welcome to the swap! All newbies are welcome whether you have plants to trade or not. Odd things are often traded such as garden junk as Patty said, or perhaps home canned jellies and stuff like that. But there are often a lot of plants left over after trading is done that we're happy to give away.

Meredith, Tonya, Joey and all others whose names I can't think of right now, but whose faces come before me: come out of the bushes and tell us you're coming!

o

Roselee I would love the unusual shrimp plant, the one I got in Oct, looks like it did not make it thru the winter. I had it in a pot, if I can get another one, I will plant in the ground. I have double white and double/triple yellow datura plants to offer. I can also bring the purple/white triple if someone whats one. I have pink/red bleeding heart vines. also tropicana canna. I potted all these in Oct, so they are all established. I do not remember how many I have left, I gave some away to folks that came to visit. I potted sago palms last month, hopefully they will be rooted by the swap. I am going down spring break and will post when I get back around March 20th what new plants I can offer. I am voting for the money going towards lunch instead of prizes. Barbra

o

I jumped the gun a little in making my list. I have found things in the garden which need separating so I'll probably have these things also:

fruit cocktail shrimp plant
bee balm
inland sea oats ornamental grass
barbados cherry
cedar sage
verbena bonariensis -- one I can dig up for the first to ask.
columbine seedlings I'm potting now
I'm sure I'll find more and will come back and post.

Let me know what YOU'RE looking for !!

patty

o

Patty, I would love to have the verbena bonariensis if it is still available. Barbra

o

Hi guys I will try to make it this year, I would love to have a fruit coctail shrimp plant I have redish orange shrimp plant to trade will be sowing pride of barbedos seeds, have few seedling of oak tree can bring some cannas not sure the color.woodworm plants,some kind of wondering jew I will look around and see what all I can come with. My white Coral vine died even the ones I had potted up, by April I should be able to bring some cuttings for Brugmansia-angel trumpet yellow and a dble white, will have some seeds. Thanks Marcie

o

Hi Everyone!

I have a crushing dilema! I am already committed to take my daughter to a college preview weekend on that Saturday. Soooo... just wondering if anyone who lives relatively close to me, might be willing to take some pre-trade plants to the swap for me and bring some back, if I keep the number limited. I would be willing to drive to that person's house prior with my plants and come by after to pick up the trades. Please let me know if this wouldn't be too much trouble for one of you. In the meantime, I will avoid reading the plant lists and drooling! Sure will miss seeing y'all!

Tonya

o

Tonya - I might be the closest to you, near 1604/281. It takes me about 25 min. to get to Hill Country Gardens. I don't mind meeting you half way if you want to work something out. I'll email you.

We'll miss seeing you at the swap.

o

hi y'all! I'm here, just lurking :) I plan to be there, but will have to leave by 11, so don't count me in for lunch.

Here's what i can offer:
plastic nursery pots of all sizes (4" to 5-gallon)
purple trailing lantana (babies that rooted on their own)
1-gallon holly fern (they don't like me)

- I can take cuttings of any of the following:
pink fall-blooming trumpet vine (less aggressive)
purple wandering jew
mexican oregano
rosemary
texas cenizo sage
english ivy
glossy abelia
roses: Mme. Alfred Carriere, Old Blush, Mme. Antoine Mari, Excellenz von Schubert, Champney's Pink Cluster, Souvenir de la Malmaison, Archduke Charles, Duchesse de Brabant, Monsieur Tillier

- I'm interested in:
sweet autumn clematis
passionflower
inland sea oats
pink turk's cap
eupatorium
lily of the nile
society garlic
agaves
manfredas
sedum
blackfoot daisy
any other cold-hardy, drought-tolerant plants, especially if they do well in shade!

o

Hi Meriberi, Glad you can make it, we look forward to seeing you.

Tonya, I need your email or email me at stfox@usa.com

o

Hi again!

Okay this technical stuff is almost beyond me but here it goes...test upload #1...granite birdbath pic...lol

Here is a link that might be useful: photobucket

o
RE: wanted: sa swap granite in the garden

Well it seems to me it might be working...

Here is another. This one is promised to Patty but the DH says he will make more if anyone wants one.

o
RE: wanted: sa swap informal granite table

Well it seems to me it might be working...

Here is another. This is one table that I described.

o

I'm hoping to come see you guys and gals again.

o

Those are very nice pieces texaspinkpixie and your links work just fine.

Hi Pat, we look forward to seeing you too!

o

Yes, thanks for the photos Texaspinkpixie/Rebecca! Very interesting pieces! I'm so glad you're going to join us. I hope we have lots of new people. All are invited.

Pat and Meredith, so happy to hear you're coming. Tonya, sorry we won't see you, but have a nice day and I hope we'll see you next time.

Barbra, I have you down for the shrimp plant.

Meredith, I really appreciated the pots I got from you before. Now I need some 2 and 3 gal. pots to step up my newly rooted roses to. I can dig some native manfredas and inland sea oats for you and probably can round up a small growing agave pup or two also.

I didn't mean to scare everybody off by saying I was looking for hardy succulents. I am, but I can be tempted with other things. I can always use bags or boxes of manure and other types of soil ammendments, potting soil (broken bags okay), or what have you?

o
RE: Marcie ...

Marcie, I can bring a fruit cocktail shrimp plant for you. Glad you can make it this time.

Sorry to hear your white coral vine died. Where did you get it? It seems they are not readily available.

o

Shirley, sent you an e-mail!

Tonya

o

Tonya, I replied back when you sent it, but I've sent another reply. Let me know if you don't get a reply.

We'll definitely work out something for the swap.

o

I am so excited! I think i will be able to make this one. I have a decent amount of plants to trade,
artemesia powis castle,
shrimp plant,
frost something or another (looks like baby breath)
parry something a small cold hardy agave its a shorty..doesnt get big

oh some mexican flame vines
some sort of pretty green and purple plant, that i have no idea what its called,
some annuals like, larkspur,

I might have a dyckia
OH! and some air plants, which I thoughts id like, but i dont..i need to find them a good home before they die...
various seeds

..i promise to try and get the actual names and cement what i will bring, and what it is I am looking for.... hopefully by Monday...I was just so excited, I couldnt stop myself from posting early!

o

Love that excitement ms brown thumb!!

Just popping in to say I think I have my friend Frances convinced to join y'all! Give her a resounding welcome if she pipes in here! I told her how nice all of you were and how much fun she would have. So sad I won't be able to introduce her around, but I know y'all will take good care of her!

Tonya

o

Hi Mrs. Brown Thumb! I would love a Dyckia, let me know what you are looking for. I need to get a list up too.

Tonya - Of course your friend is welcome (along with all newbies) and we look forward to meeting her!

Shirley

o

Hi everyone! I am really trying to convince myself to go to this gathering. I am fairly new to gardening and just don't have much to offer in return.
This is what I can think of right off the top of my head at the moment.
I may have some various succulent pups
I have some sprouting "Mexican Bird of Paradise" trees coming up in the yard I could try to dig up. Very easy to grow.
I also may have a few white Iris.
That's about it for plants, but did I mention yet that I am Chef? I am sure I could whip a little something to munch on.
I am looking for
Cactus
Succulents
Shrimp Plants
Dragon Fruit
Angels Trumpet
plumeria
or anything else that is easy to grow and forgiving for someone just starting out.

Glenn

o

Oh, I just remembered I also have some sage too. I am not sure of the name but gets pretty big and has yellow flowers. Some of them are already blooming.

Salvia madrensis maybe? Don't hold me to that though.

Glenn

o

Glenn, come on over and bring what you've got. You have to start somewhere and we'll be glad to offer some of our favorite plants. I will be bringing some shrimp plants, cactus and succulents for you.

o

Glenn, I would be interested in the Mex. Bird of Paradice, a 3-4 of them if you have them. What kind of succulent pups? I have several types of Prickly Pear.O, chenile, White needle O Englemanii, Opuntia Cochenellefera I will have a datura seedling that is sprouting.

o
RE: wanted:to swap

MsBrown thumb, I would be interested in your a couple of Artemisia powis castle and the Agave parryi.. I have a couple of different lists above . I have an email posted on my page.

o

I thought I bring various cactus pads and succulents in a box and let whoever select what they want. I'll bring some paper bags to put them in and a marker.

Mara, what kind of tongs are you bringing? I wish I had fireplace tongs. I only have salad tongs.

o

I use Barbecue tongs with the prongs bent back a tad so they don't do to the cactus what they do to us. I also weed with very long handled hemostats. Thank you Father-inlaw surgeon. Great tool. It probably does the same as the salad prong. Maybe somewhere between the fireplace tong and the salad tong. I am still collecting a pad here and a pad there.

o

OK Everybody,

Shirley has graciously volunteered to bring my pretrades to the swap and bring my new babies back to me afterwards (thanks so much Shirley). If anyone is uncomfortable with trading with me this way, feel free to let me know either on this forum or at my e-mail tonyarose3@hotmail.com. I promise not to be offended. Most of you know me and we have had a great time trading in the past, so I know some of you are comfortable with this arrangement. Anyway... here is what I have to offer:

Seedlings: (These have all just come up and I have some to spare, so hopefully they will be hardy and healthy at the time of the swap!)
Sweet Basil
Basil 'Red Bosa'
Desert Willow (from a tree with burgundy blooms)
Thyme (thymus vulgaris)
Castor Bean 'New Zealand'

I can dig up some of these for anyone who is interested:
oregano
iris brevacaulis 'zig zag'
brazos blackberry
rootbeer plant
wooly passionvine

Cuttings of Carolina Jessamine

o
'desires'

Here are a few plants I'd like to ask for if they are still available...

Wantonamara:
Standing Cypress
Buddleia lindleyana (been wanting this for some time!)
alstromeria psittacina

texas pink pixies:
pineapple sage

Ragna:
Tenaza tree
fuschia pink firespike
pink pentapete seeds

Please let me know if these work, thanks!

Tonya

o

Tonya - I'd like some of your Thyme seedlings please.

o

Tonya, Will do. I would like some thyme seedlings, Basel red rosa, and a couple of the IRis. Thank you, Mara.

o

Tonya, gottcha' down for those plants. Please send me an email through my page.

TABLES AND CHAIRS:

Also wanted to mention that there are three or four picnic tables at the park, but we'll need more so if you have a folding table and chair you can bring please do. I'll be bringing a light weight dolly you can use to wheel them in.

There is a little bit of a walk from the street to the covered pavilion so if anyone has a wagon that would useful.

New folks, check out the pictures of the site.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pictures of Rogier's Park ....

o

Thanks Mara and Ragna! Ragna, will send that e-mail!

Shirley and Mara, gotcha down for your requests!

Tonya

o

Here's my list

Artemesia -Oriental Limelight, a bright green/yellow variegated
Mint - Kentucky Colonel, a great tasting mint
Salvia - Coral Nymph, Pale pink flowers
Fig Ivy/Creeping Fig
Dichondra -Silver Ponyfoot
Santolina -Gray
Brugmansia -Flamenco, Day Break, Double White (I would prefer to trade these for a Charles Grimaldi Brug, other Brugs, or a unique plant I don't already have.)
Wedelia Trilobata (1) You need plenty of room for this native, but aggressive flowering ground cover.

Will add to the list as we get closer.

Plants I am looking for:
Native flowering plants - Xanthisma Texanum /sleepy daisy, Desert Marigold and others
Ornamental grasses

Shirley

o

The list above is the list of plants I have available for trade. In rereading my post I wanted to make that clear.

o

What I have (* means drought tolerant in my personal experience)
*callisia repens
*deep red salvia (1 available)
*blooming aloes (in bloom)
*powis castle artemesia (1-2 available)
*shrimp plants (5 or so)
*diamond frost - Euphorbia graminea (2)
*Mexican flame vine - Senecio berlandieri ( ok if there isn�t a fight over who gets this yall are crazy..this plant is DIVINE - drought tolerant, cute orange daisy flowers that smell like honey! ) (3)
Air plants � Tillandsia it blooms like a pink shrimp plant (1)
*Purple hyacinth bean vine (still my fav vine)
Parsley
Dill
1 Justicia betonica - white shrimp plant

Things I can dig up if you have one of my wants or you are so desperate for the plant :) ( I have a heart after all)
*purple passion vine (1)
* Fuzzy lambs ear
*Orange/yellow Milkweed (1 available)
*Larkspur
*White easter lily (2 available)
bluebonnets

**********Special trade only *************
Vitex angus � chaste tree (1) ( willing to trade for one of the trees I have listed below)

Wants �
medium to small sized agaves
Soft tipped yucca
Lilies
Irises
CONEFLOWER � I cant seem to grow them they always die
Fire cracker plant

Japanese maple
Fig tree
Pomegranate tree

o

Hello Ms Brown Thumb. I was going to email you, but you didn't have it set up in "My Page". I have the firecracker plant and some irises for you. Please see my list above to see if there is anything else you might like and email me at soriano471@sbcglobal.net

I am a salvia fiend and would love to have your salvia. Any chance you can send me a picture, so I can check to see if it's one I have ? Without the name it's hard to tell. Hoping it's one I don't have !!!

would also like a mexican flame vine. They are GORGEOUS !! A friend of mine has one that grows on her arch every year.

thank you ! Look forward to hearing from you, and having you at our swap.

patty

o

Mrs. Brown Thumb (don't we all have brown thumbs from pinching plants with the thumb nail?! :-) I'm interested in your Diamond Frost, Justicia betonica, and the pomgranate tree. Is the parsley the flat leaved? I'd love to get it going again.

What can I bring for you?

o
re: SA Swap

Mrs. Brown Thumb, I have a small growing agave pup or two I can trade. Perhaps there is something else on my list that you'd like to have. Oh and I see you are WANTING the Pomgranate tree. Me too ... LOL.

o

Okay, I didn't get any seeds planted until just lately. But I just wanted to list what I might have, in case anyone wants to reserve something. I'm not really concerned about getting a trade back...I've got too many plants!.
2 Damianita, Chrysactina mexicana, drought-tolerant, yellow daisy-type flowers
1 Turk's Cap
1 Mojito Mint
1 Purple Leatherflower (Clematis pitcheri)
1 White Mistflower, Eupatorium havanense
2 Aromatic Asters, Aster oblongifolius...separated & dug up just recently, so may need to be babied for a while
1 Cedar Sage, Salvia Roemeriana, also just dug up recently
1 Red Spider Lily
Fennel..will try to separate some, we'll see...
Anyone want Stinging Nettle? Let me know, can dig a bit up. I use it in my tea.

o

Linda,

I'd like a Damianita and aster please!

Look forward to seeing you.

Shirley

o

Hi Linda!

I would like to ask for that purple leatherflower, please, if no one else has spoken for it. I have not been successful with the seeds for that, which you gave me.

Thanks!

Tonya

o

Tonya, Shirley...okay! I'll see ya there!

o
RE: sa swap

Oops! Okay, I did notice that Tonya won't actually be present...so I will see the rest of you...and we'll miss you, Tonya!

o

Thanks Linda, I'll be taking care of Tonya's trades as described above.

o

Hi,
Castro/Patty, I just responded to your email address a few mins ago.

Roselee,
the Diamond Frost, Justicia betonica are yours. I only have one Justicia betonica aka white shrimp plant. And I would love an agave if it is a small to medium size one...im afraid the century LARGE agaves, are way too big for my smaller yard. Even if it is larger, you are more than welcome to the plants you have requested. Oh and the parsley i have is curly.

Linda,

If I have something you would like that has not been spoken for I would be interested in trading for your red spider lily and some fennel.

If I have missed anyone, please let me know!

o

Thanks Linda!

o

You're welcome to the red spider lily and a fennnel, ms_brown_thumb!

o

yay! Thanks Linda! Let me know if there is anything I have that you would like. I have a powis castle left, and some red shrimp plants and a milkweed i can dig up...grew where it isnt supposed to...seed must have landed on the ground...ill find you first thing and let you have first pick of what i bring that hasnt been promised out yet. Thanks!

o

It looks like a few:

NIGHT BLOOMING JASMINE (Cestrum nocturnum)

have rooted. It blooms in flushes through the summer and scents the whole yard with a heavy jasmine fragrance. Any takers?

It's tender except in a very mild winter. I've been growing it in about a 4 gal. pot for many years. I cut it all the way back and store where the roots won't freeze in winter.

o

I just got back from the coast and potted up 4 nice sized red leaf crinium plants, if anyone is interested. Two of the sago palms are putting out new leaves, so I will bring those two, and more as they root, and send out new leaves. Barbra

o

Barbra, I'd like one or two of the red crinums. Thank you!

I think you need Night blooming jasmine :-) You might get by with leaving it out at the coast. It's worth a try.

o

I have rooted carolina jessamine, Gelsemium sempervirens, if anyone wants some.

Ragna, sending you an e-mail about that night blooming jasmine!

Tonya

o

If you think I need one, then I will take one Roselee. Full sun or shade? Barbra

o

Shade ... You'll love it!

o

This weekend I noticed my fall-blooming pink trumpet vine had rooted itself, so I have a baby to dig and bring if anyone would like it. It's not been very aggressive for me; supposedly less aggressive than the regular trumpet vine. It needs help climbing since it doesn't have tendrils or pads, but it's worth it for the fragrant pink flowers in the fall.

I also have 3 baby trailing purple lantanas that also rooted themselves and have survived a few weeks in pots after digging, if anyone wants those.

And always tons of plastic pots of all sizes if anyone needs some.

o
Can anyone use....

Does anyone have a use for the large plastic buckets that cat litter comes in ? I've got some that need homes. Target won't take them for recycle unless it fits into that little hole in the recycle bin.

o
want

Forgot to ask...
Does anyone have plastic lids ? The kind that come on coffee cans, butter tubs, salsa containers...you name it. I use them under my pots to catch the water. Need LOTS of them. After a year outdoors they tend to disintegrate, so I go through quite a few. Looking for anything else that will work for this purpose if you have old plates, etc. thank you !

patty

o

Meredith, I'd like the pink trumpet vine please.

o

Shirley,

The pink trumpet vine is yours!

- M

o
patty and all- :)

Patyy-
I will have some lids for you-

pomegranates still look good so far- can not promise but trying my hardest for ragna and mara - I do have one rooted, but you two will have to fight over that one I guess .

Fringe Hibiscus for Rebecca

agave for meri

I will have stuff- still trying to get things sorted out as I have been busy with kids and sports and cows- baby season is in full swing now.

anyone want manure? I know they sell it- it is amazing- thought I would ask. There are lots of things I would love, but I will just browse left overs- nothing that I have to have.

Gina- oh and if you just email me - it is easier for me.

o

I'd be happy to trade for manure! Look over my list. It's more consolidated on the Austin/Manchaca swap thread.

Oh and Mara can have the Pomgrantate :-) My neighbor Georgianne found a root sprout near her tree and I went down and dug it up.

o

How come no body wanted my pink trumpet vine ? hee hee !

if Meredith has only one, ask me to bring you one. I have dozens !

patty

Gina -- bring the poop ! It won't go to waste ! Do you have containers to use ?

o

Patty , I ASKED FOR YOUR PINK TRUMPET VINE. I called it by its Latin Name and it confused you. Man alive. I am quiet and every one forgets me.What am I,... chopped liver? I have to get some of my other plants listed.

o

hmm, it seems like patty's litter buckets and gina's manure would go well together ;) I'm sure we'd all love to help haul some of that away to our starving gardens!

o

Patty, I would love to have 1 or 2 of your pink trumphet vines, but need to know if they grow in shade or sun? I am going down tomorrow and will see what else I have, and post. Barbra

o
Buckets O'Poop

Meredith, I was thinking the same thing, but Gina would have to have the buckets at her house to get the poop into them.

Gina, do you have a way to bring a large supply, then everyone who wants the manure can shovel their own into my buckets to take home ?

anyone else have ideas ?

patty

o

Jeepman/Glenn - I'd like to trade a rooted Brugmansia cutting for some of your succulent pups.

Thanks Meredith.

o

Gina, if you've saved any old potting soil sacks they work great for manure.

o
poop

Wow - how exciting! I am thrilled someone want to trade for it. lol Ragna I will give the list a look later on, I have been so busy with things around the house and plants and just life really, I am trying to sit down and focus on the swap now... But I will bring plenty of poop. Dont worry. And you guys can take all you want.
Mara the pomagranate- I will keep looking for a pot big enough- Other wise will bring in a 5 gal bucket bare root maybe- I do have it, so not to worry. I do not remember what I wanted off of anyones lists, as I should have wrote it down, I will try to look at the earlier posts later on maybe this weekend. I do remember what I am bringing though. so do not worry- just a tad scattered at the moment. My son just finished basketball so the week is starting to slow back down, but a close neighbor is in the hospital this morning, and today I have to go pick up his dog. So if I am not on a few days dont fret. I will not forget. just busy busy at the moment.

things I am looking for
ginger- I already have the varigated one
anything edible
water plants- I have iris and pink lilly
I love cannas and roses
papaya?

we have 2 acres inside the house area so I have plenty of room and we have 18 towards the cows-so space is not an issue

o

ms brown thumb - If you have an aloe available I'd like one.

Tonya - I'd like some of the red basil.

o

Also have:

BLUE MIST FLOWER, the one the butterflies LOVE, 2 plants

o

Rock oak deer. U may certainly have an aloe. Please be aware it isn't aloe Vera but the reg blooming aloe. Roselee/Ragna I'll take a mist flower if it's available. :)

o

Hi Everyone!

I am new to gardening and don't have much to trade in variety. I am definitely showing up for the swap.
This is what I have to trade:

Capsicum Chinense(aka Lucifer's Dream)-Red Habanero Peppers
Capsicum Annuum - Jimmy Nardello's Peppers
Solanum Lycopersicum(aka Bonny Best)- John Baer Tomatoes

All these will be potted up in either 1 or 2 gallon nursery pots by the time the swap comes around. Also they will be harden off by then, so if you want to take the plants and put them in the ground after the swap you can.

Ken

o

Hi Ken, so glad you decided to join us. We look forward to meeting you. I'd love one of those Jimmy Nardello Peppers. You can look back at my list to select or I'll have additional stuff at the swap.

Ragna - I'd like one of those mistflowers please.

Mara, the blooming aloe is exactly what I expected. They are blooming all over the neighborhood so should do great here. I still have the aloe vera my MIL gave me more than 30 years ago, I think one probably lasts a lifetime. She really does keep and use hers in the kitchen.

o
RE:ooops

Ooops, sorry I meant Mrs. Brown Thumb for the aloe!

o

Welcome Ken. Looking forward to meeting you and all the other new folks. There will be people there with veggie garden plants and seeds as well as ornamentals. You will go home with plants.

Got Mrs. Brown Thumb and Shirley down for the blue mist flower. I could dig some more if anyone else wants it.

Incidentally, I use the soap aloe, the one that blooms a lot around here, exactly like aloe vera, for kitchen burns, sun burn, etc. and it works the same.

o

• Posted by tdhg 8b (My Page) on
    Sun, Mar 25, 12 at 10:11

Does it absolutely have to be gardening? I use to sell jewelry effusion lamps, hand painted cards, paintings ect and would love to swap some of my Stuff especially for the lycoris that plantmavin has. I do have some plants. Most are still rooting but I know I have some Texas laurals that are rooted and about eight inches, spider plants, maybe some ruella. My seedings are too small still

o

Hi there and welcome tdhg, you definitely don't need plants to trade. We have several traders with established gardens who are trying not to add too many plants so your idea sounds great.

o
A few details..

Now that we are getting closer, here's an update:

I'm estimating the attendance at 20+ including several newbies we look forward to meeting.

We'll have everyone bring a lunch this time and still need volunteers for desserts to share. I'll make sure we have enough plates, napkins, utensils, nametags and slips for the door prizes.

Rebecca/Texaspinkie has volunteered to bring a cooler with drinks and perhaps someone else might want to help out with drinks.

If you have a folding or portable table and chairs, please bring them as tables and seating are limited there.

It is a bit of a walk from parking to the shelter so wagons, carts, and anything you can bring to carry plants will be helpful. I am bringing a wagon for plants and Ragna has a dolly for tables and heavier items. We can use additional wagons.

We posted a helpful list earlier in this post that will answer most questions about how the swap works. If anyone has any other questions just ask. If you think of anything go ahead and add it here to remind us.

Most of all have fun meeting other local gardeners and learning about what grows best around here.

o

Shirley,

Gotcha down for the red basil!

Tonya

o
if still availble and things people wanted

If these things are available I would love them, if not no big deal.-

Barbara= my red bleeding heart died I have the white one left

Tonya - desert willow

ragna- phlox or pink pentapete

linda - mojito mint

and glenn I will bring a plumeria for you,

I will be bringing cow poop in walmart bags-
and have made a list up of everything to bring as not to forget anyone or anything. I will also have misc. plants to swap, and can bring table and chairs- I think I have two card tables I will bring both, in case we need extra- looking forward to seeing everyone.

o

I found a 2nd baby pink trumpet vine that had self-rooted, so I'll bring it to the swap in case anyone else wants one. This vine hasn't done this for me before because it normally freezes to the ground in winter, but the mild winter allowed it to keep growing this year.

I also have a large stash of plant markers that I think can be reused, so I'll bring those as well.

o

• Posted by tdhg none (My Page) on
    Mon, Mar 26, 12 at 17:43

I have been wanting to make these French cookies I recorded on the cooking channel. If I can keep from eating them all. Hehe

What about ice?

Someone said it was a long walk to the site. Can I have an about how long?

This sounds like so much fun!

o

Tdhg, make two batches of those french cookies. One for you to 'sample' and the other for us to 'gobble' :-)

The walk to the pavilion isn't all that far, just 50 ft or so. At the place where we had our swaps before we could back our cars right up to the pavilion so we didn't need a wagon.

Gina, gottcha' down for the phlox and pink pentapete.

o

Thats why I plan to bring Mario with me...i set up camp on a table...he lugs the plants from the car. :D

o

The cookies sound yummy!

I didn't have a wagon last time and the walk got pretty long at the end!

Roselee linked to some photos back on March 3. Just scroll back up to see.

o

flowerlover, the Mojito Mint is yours! I would love some cow poop...always in need of that.

o
Granite Birdbath

Hey Y'all -- I strongly urge you to put your order in now if you want to make a trade with TexasPinkPixie, aka Rebecca.

She posted pictures above of a granite birdbath that her very talented hubby made for me. I know it takes a lot of work, so if you want one in exchange for your plants, please let her know so he'll have time to put it together. He does an excellent job and I'm thrilled to have one !!

She also has loose pieces of granite in many different colors which are good for signs, table tops, or other garden ornamentation.

Be the first on your block to get one !!!

patty

o

Rebecca, I looked at the pictures again and I'd love a birdbath if there are any plants I have that you'd like to have in trade for it. Just name your 'price'. Thanks! You can email me through 'my page' if you want.

o

Rebecca, A bird bath sounds nice,too, if I have anything you would like in trade.

Flowerlover78, gotcha down for some desert willow seedlings. Would love some cow poop!

Tonya

o

Hi Everybody!

Sorry that I haven't checked the post lately.... Ragna and Tonya you got it! You both have stuff I would love to have so I will pm you guys on Sunday. Ragna I am also bringing my big ol box of seashells...

YAY Patty!!!! Glad you like it! I have had constant visitors to mine for the past few weeks including pesky raccoons who are using it to wash the stolen chicken eggs from the neighbor's house..lol

Wow, more people posted that I haven't traded with yet!

Flower lover78, I have a bunch of dog food bags and bags that potting soil came in if you want to send me your addy I can squish them into a box and send it to you for your poop for a small poop fee of course..lol

I will bring both a garden cart and a nifty wagon I will also bring the DH to haul stuff around for us and drinks and a cooler as well.

o
what I will have

BTW, just had some dwarf pomegranates sprout up...not big but they grow at a steady rate.

Let's see, I will root some chocolate mint cuttings, sweet potato vine (actual eating potato), rooting a cutting of purple speckled spiderwort. I have several creeping texas periwinkle (loves shade)and my whole yard is a sea of bluebonnets so if anyone wants some just let me know.

lots of peppers and tomatoes!!! And misc. seedlings (lipstick tree, corkscrew vine, lavender morning glory tree and a bunch of others I can't think of right now) I figure I will just bring them and then rehome them or take them back home

Also picked up some extra topsyturveys, some gardening books, i should have a few plant stands and perhaps an extra birdbath. I will make a more complete list and post again on sunday :)

o

Thanks Rebecca!

o
thanks

got everyone down for the cow poop- see everyone in two weeks!

o

I am going to bring some poka dot plants, and maybe some 1001 tomotoes, they care coming up everywhere at the coast. Barbra

o
RE: making

Thu, Apr 5, 12 at 19:06

I saw a "gathering" apron on the web and decided I wanted one. My first one was for someone shorter than me so I am making another. Does anyone think they may want one? I can post a picture if anyone does.

I also made a homemade newspaper pot maker for myself. I can make a few more if someone might want one of those.

Pam

o
RE: making

Thu, Apr 5, 12 at 20:09

I saw a "gathering" apron on the web and decided I wanted one. My first one was for someone shorter than me so I am making another. Does anyone think they may want one? I can post a picture if anyone does.

I also made a homemade newspaper pot maker for myself. I can make a few more if someone might want one of those.

Pam

o

A "gathering" apron sounds like a wonderful idea!

o

oh I would like one- the apron - are you looking for anything?

o

Sat, Apr 7, 12 at 16:31

I am crazy for bulbs especially spider lilies. Blackfoot daisy is another thing I love. Gingers. Really tho I haven't met to many plants I don't like. There are some. I would love some water lillies.I have you down fir one.

o
From Leapingfroglady

Plants I have:
Coral Vine
Sego Palm
Cardimen (mediterranean plant that smells like cinnamin when watered.
Purple Mexican Petunias (very drought tolerant)
purple heart
Mountain Laurel seeds
Loquat seeds
Squash plant

o

I have invited someone who is a native lover to our swap. She is from the Medina area. I hope y'all don't mind.
Mara

o

That's great Mara! We enjoying making new gardening friends.

o

I only have two folks that want something and that is Roselee wants 2 giant red leaf crinums, and flowerlover wants a canna, and the red and pink bleeding heart. I will just bring the stuff I have. I did pick a few things at the nursery this morning that I will bring. Roselee you might want to go to Lowes at Callagahan this morning and see what they have, you might want to take the t
ruck. Barbra

o

I went back to Lowes at 2pm today, because I forgot plants that I had placed on the side, that I wanted for the plant swap. I have never seen anything like it. There were 34 carts, with 4 steel shelves on each. 17 carts on each side with plants that were marked down 75% or more. At 2pm I went back, with my daughter, there were only about 1/3 of them left, and of course the plants I had put aside were gone. I have never seen anything like this before. I got alot of $16.99 plants for $4, $8.99 plants for $3, $3.99 plants were $.50. My daughter just told me last night, that she needed plants, that is why I checked. I wonder if they do that all the time, and I just miss it? Barbra

o

so I was scooping poop today- doesnt that sound like fun? haha will do some more tomorrow.

Barbara- my bleeding heart just finally came up again - so someone else can have it

tdhg- I do not have a lot of water lillies, I have plenty of water iris, but I will bring some for you...thanks all see you on Saturday. I may be a little bit late but not too bad.

o

Barbra - What time should I be there Sat. to make sure we get the shelter?

o

I am going to try and be there at 8:15am, to make sure that the bathrooms get opened, before everyone gets there. I think the park offically opens at 9am. Last year people started coming at 8:30am and the bathrooms were not open yet. I had to call and have someone come out and open them. If you can come about that time, we can make sure that we have the tables saved, and I can check on the bathroom situation. Just let me know. Barbra

o

Thank you Barbra. I will plan on being there about 8:15 to hold the tables for everyone. If there are others who would like to show up around 8:30 to help hold tables for us that would be helpful too.

o

I'm planning on coming early too.

This may seem like a strange request, but if anyone has some really hard clay-like soil I'd love a gallon or so to put in a large plant saucer and keep wet for the muddaubers. Someone dug a plant from their garden and gave to me. When I noticed the clay soil I used that last year and the muddaubers were lined up five at a time to get greyish clay to build with.

I'll also be bringing Yellow Mexican bird of paradise and fire cracker plant. I hope there are some takers.

o

I am going to bring some Indian Feathers, Barbra

o

Well , it turns out the person I "invited" is already coming and is Lindatx...LOL. Ran into her on another forum.

o

That's funny Mara! Linda makes all our swaps already.

o

tdhg- I found two babies for spider lillies, I believe, water ones, they are tiny , but will take, plus a water lilly - small, but will grow

o

Oh My goodness yall I am going to cry. I way underestimated how many plants I have. I apologize some of yall are gonna get plants in tacky grocery bags, but I ran out of pots. No way i can bring everything to this swap...,more for the fall maybe? I have so many more to put in bags...why did i not realize I had so much to bring? and in the middle of moving!!! I am going to cry..and with an out of town trip right after the swap...why do I do this to myself???? Just had to vent.

o

It's okay, ms brown thumb, we're pretty casual about IOUs. Next time will work or we can have another meetup.

No crisis, they're just plants! Have a good evening.:-)

o

We had a great swap! It was wonderful seeing everyone again and meeting the new people. We appreciate those who made the drive from out of town and the far side of town. Mrs. Brown Thumb arrived well composed and with with all her plants ... :-) The weather was PERFECT!

There were about 20 people there, however we really missed a couple of you who didn't make it :-( ... maybe next time, okay? We'll be doing this again, and catching up with everybody's news and views plantwise, in October.

There will be some pictures posted on the Gallery later.

Thanks to everyone for your presence and all the beautiful plants. With a full heart and a car load of both soft and stickery things there is much gratefulness all around from all of us.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here