Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chargreen_gw

HAVE: Austin/SanAntonio Spring Swap April 5

chargreen
16 years ago

Mark your calendar for the spring swap.

Saturday, April 5 9:00 am till ?

Plant Swap and Potluck Lunch and Doorprizes !

Once again at the Buda Pavilion in downtown Buda.

If you want to be added to the evite list let me know.

More info later.

See you there.

Charlotte

Comments (22)

• sowandsew
    16 years ago

Hi Charlotte,
    Just wanted to make sure my e-vite registered from my other email site. Yes, I am looking forward to our spring exchange. Let me know if you got my evite reply so I can respond with confidence it was received, in the future. Thanks for the great date.

• chargreen
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yes, Evite registered your response. You should be able to see everyone's responses at the bottom of the invitation. You may have to register with evite to view the responses. I've been using evite for a long time so I don't remember. It really helps me keep a list of people interested in being informed of the swaps and sending out reminders as the date gets close.
    I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at the swap!
    Charlotte

• castro_gardener
    16 years ago

Hello Everyone ! I missed the fall swap, so if I had pre-arranged swaps with you at that time, and you still have your list, please remind me what you wanted from me. I hope to make this one !!

patty

• castro_gardener
    16 years ago

Does anyone need plastic pots ? Please email me directly.

patty

• chargreen
    Original Author
    16 years ago

April 5th is getting closer.
    Here is the basic outline for our swap.

The swap usually starts at 9am sharp and we usually do door prizes and a potluck lunch around noon. It's usually all over by 1:30 or 2 depending on weather and how many people come. As for what to bring, the options are wide open. Plants of course, either divisions of your perennials, or cuttings you started or seeds you collected and labeled. Sometimes people bring whole plants they decided they didn't like anymore or didn't have room for. Also, if making new plants is not your thing, you can bring gardening related items, books, terra cotta pots, tools, etc... People are generally very generous and eager to make newbies feel welcome so there are no hard and fast rules about what you can bring. Also, most gardeners just don't want to take any of their own stuff back home so they are often not expecting an "even trade".
    Also, we do have a donation jar if you want to help with the pavilion rental fee.
    There is also a list of things you may find useful to bring:
    camp chair or stool
    card table (there are no tables provided at the Buda pavilion)
    extra plant labels and marker
    extra plastic pots - usually someone needs these
    plastic bags for transporting goodies
    plastic nursery trays for transporting goodies
    Drinking water
    Any unwanted garden items to contribute for the door prize drawing.
    rain jacket (for some reason our swap usually causes a shower!)

Attached is a mapquest link for the Buda City Park.
    Looking forward to seeing everyone at the swap!
    Charlotte

Here is a link that might be useful: Map to Buda City Park

• txbeyer
    16 years ago

OK plant swappers - let's get your haves and wants posted. We are only three weeks away from the swap!!

I would like to add to my want list - Variegated Pentas if anyone has any to spare.

Bob B. NW Austin

• sowandsew
    16 years ago

The only variegated plants I have are mugwort, Bob. Some of the things I am bringing are lavender trumpet vine, Gotu kola herb, catnip, heirloom daylilies(these are hardy & multiply rapidly), some furry succulents, red bloom epiphyllium hanging orchid cactus, purple trailing lantana, bamboo Muhly grass, cardamom, sweet grass. I have turks cap but won't dig unless someones requests it, also I think I have saturated all of you with red russelia so I won't bring unless requested. Carla, if you have extra love grass I am interested.

• trsinc
    16 years ago

I'll be bringing the following young cuttings if they all make it. Some are struggling at the moment.

Rock Rose
    Ice Plant - pink
    Damianita
    Flowering Senna, yellow
    Lemon Verbena
    Dianthus, perennial pink
    Mexican Oregano
    Jerusalem Sage (gray leaved, evergreen, purple spikes in spring)
    Guara, I think, pink airy foliage
    Four Nerve Daisy
    Lemon Thyme

I'll also bring divisions of Mexican Mint Marigold, White Iris, and Ruby Grass - pink crystals.

I like anything pink, purple, yellow, or white. Preferably things that stay below 4 ft in height or width.

• castro_gardener
    16 years ago

Here's what I have. Some things may be depleted as people write to me, so speak up fast.

Thryalis "Golden Showers"
    airplane plant
    Buford holly
    ficus
    Katie ruellia / Mexican petunia
    jade
    Salvia greggii white/red/dreamsicle
    various kalanchoes
    Bilbergia
    clivia
    Salvia madrensis
    Christmas cactus
    Crocosmia
    cissus quadrangularis
    Milkweed asclepias
    night blooming cereus
    Texas red columbine
    callisia fragrans
    Elephant ear
    various sanseveria
    Hardy begonia
    various plectranthus
    Rose of Sharon
    Sago palm
    angelwing begonia
    Crinum  unknown color
    pregnant onion
    Sea oats ornamental grass
    stapelia/starfish flower
    Datura
    haworthia
    Bulbine
    pink passionvine
    Brugmansia / angel trumpet
    roseÂold pink climber
    Texas Alamo vine
    aloe vera
    Confederate rose/hibiscus mutabilis
    Butterfly iris
    var century plant
    Flag iris
    Mexican flame vine
    Lyre leaf salvia
    obedient plant/physostegia
    Lantana
    queenÂs crown vine
    Butterfly vine
    banana plants (three that are 1 foot in diameter)
    Ruellia squarrosa
    turkÂs cap

Dried birdhouse gourds
    plastic nursery pots

I think I have other things that I may bring, but they weren't right in front of my while I was making my list.
    If you're looking for something, ask me, I may have it but not enough to offer it in larger quantities.

I'm looking for daylilies other than orange. Would like iris other than white. Odd salvias would be great. Other flowering plants and natives if I don't have them already. Please email me directly if you're interested in anything I have. I would love to have as many pre-arranged swaps as possible so I don't have to bring everything I have.

Thanks bunches !

patty

• texanjana
    16 years ago

I wish I could come to the swap, I had so much fun at the fall one! Unfortunately, I will be with my daughter at a volleyball tournament.

Jana

• txbeyer
    16 years ago

Castro-Gardener, Please bring some of the hardy begonia to the swap for me in addition to our other prearranged swap. Thanks.

• chargreen
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I have the following plants to bring to the swap.
    Lyre leaf salvia
    Umbrella Grass
    White flowering Obedient Plant
    White Mexican Petunia
    Chocolate Mint
    Liatris
    Bicolor Daylilies
    Cypress Vine
    and whatever else I find before Saturday.
    I am looking for
    small plastic pots
    Echinacea any color
    Mealy Blue Salvia
    Rose Cuttings
    See you at the Swap!
    Charlotte

• brarygrl
    16 years ago

Hi y'all - really looking forward to the swap! My garden is still getting started, but I think I'll have a few things to bring:

Euphorbia rigida
    Chocolate morning glory
    Alamo vine
    Hyacinth Bean vine
    Esperanza (orange)
    Butterfly weed
    various succulents
    assorted pots and garden accessories I haven't been using

I would love to get salvias (especially Mexican bush sage, ornamental grasses (especially bamboo muhly) and any native trees.
    Thanks and see y'all soon!
    Lindsey

• sowandsew
    16 years ago

Charlotte,
    I'm bringing you an echinacea. Marjie

• janidob
    16 years ago

Ron and I will be there. I have not made a "list" but know I will be bringing alot and plan to not bring any of my usuals.

Charlotte, I will bring an extra table as usual!

Looking forward to Saturday!

See you there!

Jani & Ron

• brarygrl
    16 years ago

Hey Patty - I'm not ignoring you girl! - I've emailed you back twice but I think your spam filter is blocking my messages? Anyway, looking forward to seeing you saturday!
    Lindsey

• Carla
    16 years ago

I will bring the love grass somebody wants and I will try to dig up some other ornamental grasses. I'm bringing a few banana trees and some rosemary that rooted itself. I also have some mystery plants that I hope someone can identify. It rained (and hailed) heavily this morning so we'll see what else I can dig up this evening.

I also have lots of 4" pots I can bring. Charlotte, I would like some of your white obedient plant. Patty, if you see this in time, bring me a red columbine.

As usual I will bring sausage and rice. It will be good to see everyone tomorrow.

Carla

• txbeyer
    16 years ago

Attendance was small, but enthusiasm high. Had a great time and it was so good to see everyone again. Got home and immediately proceeded to plant all my new little treasures and to top that off, I found new homes for everything I brought! Looking foward to the Fall swap.

• chargreen
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Everyone pitched in and we had another great swap.
    Eighteen people signed in, not everyone had a table or could stay for lunch. It was great to see everyone again and meet some new swappers. We had plenty of plants, food and door prizes as usual. The weather was a little chilly but beautiful!
    Thanks for being such a great group! See you in October at the fall swap.
    Charlotte

• melonhedd
    16 years ago

thanks for the warm welcome! I was pretty late so didn't get to meet everybody, but took a boatload of cool plants home. now if I can just remember what they all are....

Pete

• sowandsew
    16 years ago

I always enjoy our swaps and seeing what we bring, and learning what special interests in particular plants we all have - grasses, tropicals, herbs, etc. I think the fire ants made it all safely home with me and I didn't get bitten. I gave them a "special" treat and they now seem to now be sleeping, ha.
    My thanks again to you, Charlotte.
    Marjie

Marjie

• janidob
    16 years ago

The swap was great! It is always wonderful to see everyone and of course, trade plants!

Thank you to everyone who came and thank you Charlotte for another great get together! Ron and I both had fun! I actually managed to bring home less than I took!! Woohoo!

I am looking forward to the fall swap! See you then!!

Jani
    San Marcos

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus