Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sylviatexas1

WANTED: any interest in a Ft Worth Spring Swap? or maybe Grand P

sylviatexas1
12 years ago

Please post here!

The FW Swap is something of a tradition, but it didn't "make" in the autumn, & last Spring's swap was much smaller than usual.

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks.

Comments (26)

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

bump

• dcarpenter
    12 years ago

I would be interested. What happened to everyone?

• printmaster1 (DFW TX)
    12 years ago

I'm interested.

• seamommy
    12 years ago

I am interested too, but not if we move over to Gr. Prairie-that's too far for me to go-even for free stuff! Sylvia, just wanted to let you know the Spanish bells you gave me a couple of years ago are absolutely beautiful this Spring.

I'll have some of these for trade:
    Orange daylilies
    Sweet violets
    Butter 'n Egg
    Rooted Kalanchoe Cuttings
    Aloe
    Purple Heart
    Lirope
    Passion vine
    Sweet Autumn Clematis
    Home-made compost(smells like fresh water)
    Farm Fresh 100% organic eggs from my own little goofy chickens

I would be interested in trading for:
    Anything that has blue blooms
    Snapdragon plants or seeds, any color
    Wildflower seeds

Cheryl

• seamommy
    12 years ago

Well? Was it something I said? Cheryl

• melvalena
    12 years ago

Nah.. I don't think so. :)

• planopondnut
    12 years ago

I'm interested!

• AubergineInTx
    11 years ago

I'm all about the mid-cities when it comes to any club function in DFW! It doesnt hurt that I'm in Irving.

• TxMarti
    11 years ago

Is it too late? Sylvia, would you email me?

• carino2010
    11 years ago

I am interested.

• Lynn Marie
    11 years ago

I would definitely go to one in Grand Prairie! Would try to get to FW, but that is kind of far for me! Make it happen!

• Gretchen W.
    11 years ago

I am in when-where-what-
    I am so excited that everything is starting to break away from the soil & sprout. I have an idea where to thin out iris plants as I did it over the weekend. Cementaries (spelling) I went & visited a burial site in Lewisville, TX and many iris's growing that I cleaned out the area and brought some home. I may do this as a part -time job. Umm someone would ask what kind of work do you do>? what would I say??
    I am in a good mood today. Does it show???
    Anyhow am very much interested. You can promote it on Craigs List, Meet Up sites etc.

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    11 years ago

sorry, haven't been here in a while;
    someone hurt me very badly, & I just felt like it was an uphill battle.

If anyone's interested in a Spring Swap, I'm open to any time, any place and will be happy to coordinate.

I know we've held them at Trinity Park & at the park by the zoo in Ft Worth, don't know where we could have one in Grand Prairie;
    anybody have any ideas?

• carino2010
    11 years ago

Sorry about your hurt Sylviatexas, "There is many a tear in the heart that never reaches the eyes." Just remember that adversity may color life, but we have the privilege of choosing the color.

I have never been to a swap but perhaps I can attend one if its in Grand Prairie or Ft. Worth. Thank you.

• debbiedo7
    11 years ago

I'm in for a swap, Fort Worth is fine if others can't get to Arlington or Grand Prairie. Been missing you Silvia, it will be good to see you again. I've already got some seeds planted and cuttings rooting as we speak.

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    11 years ago

OK, I'm game!

I'm thinking I detect a sort of consensus for a more central location than FW, maybe Grand Prairie?

Does anyone know of a good place in GP?

Ideally:
    Free
    available
    easy access to unload & load plants
    bathrooms
    gazebo/pavilion/some sort of shade

any ideas?

I know we can set up in Getzendaner Park, & it has everything except maybe bathrooms, but it's in Waxahachie...

• carino2010
    11 years ago

Grand Prairie is just too far for me so if this location is selected, I cannot attend. Anywhere around Arlington, Ft. Worth or the HEB area will be fine with me.

• debbiedo7
    11 years ago

Well it looks like we need to find somewhere in Arlington, I wouldn't want to have it in my own backyard in GP and then have people not be able to come. Maybe we can look around the Arlington parks and find a shady area close to parking & restrooms. We can bring our own tables like the good ol days.
    Also how does Saturday April 13, 2013 sound?

This post was edited by debbiedo7 on Fri, Mar 1, 13 at 0:09

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    11 years ago

seems like mid-april has been good in the past;
    we just need to be sure we can get a place on whatever date we choose.

I'm off to google!

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The least expensive pavilion rentals are $35 for 1/2 day, & the only 2 with bathrooms that are still available for April 13 are:

J W Dunlop South:
    just north of I-30, near Fielder

&
    Webb Community
    south of I-20 near 360

How do either of these sound to the congregation?

There are other pavilions, but they either don't have bathrooms, or they're more expensive;
    if neither of the listed parks will work, I'd be happy to investigate others, but the ones that have bathrooms are at least $60 for a half day, & I can't budget that much by myself.

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here's a link!

Here is a link that might be useful: Arlington Parks with Pavilions

• ruthz
    11 years ago

Sylvia, Euless has 4 nice parks with pavillions that rent to residents for $50.00.

This post was edited by ruthz on Fri, Mar 1, 13 at 18:12

• carino2010
    11 years ago

I have never attended any swap events and I am willing to contribute some funds to help pay for a nice location. Sorry if I am out of line but I certainly would like to attend this type of meeting if it is held somewhere suggested by ruthz.

• debbiedo7
    11 years ago

Sylvia
    Either one of the parks will be good. Do you know how close the parking and bathrooms are from the pavillion? My vote will be for whatever one has the closest parking!!
    I'm happy to donate towards the cause
    J W Dunlop South:
    just north of I-30, near Fielder
    &
    Webb Community
    south of I-20 near 360

Happy to see others ready to swap We welcome all

This post was edited by debbiedo7 on Mon, Mar 4, 13 at 2:38

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    11 years ago

just posted a new thread for the spring swap!

I was able to get the pavilion at J W Dunlop Sports Center;
    see the new post!

• ilovemyroses
    11 years ago

just found this and hope to make it, in dallas, but hope to be able to come! i'll stay tuned on a date!

Sponsored