Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
txgarden57

wanted: plant swap ne texas

txgarden57
17 years ago

Would anyone be interested in a plant swap in Northeast Texas say in the Paris, Sulphur Springs, Commerce area? I'm thinking it might be fun to do one up here if there is any interest.

Comments (9)

• ambersas
    17 years ago

That's my area too! But I'm rebuilding this place - reestablishing the gardens/woodlands - and don't have anything left over to swap! The only thing that survived the previous owners neglect are the 4 o'clocks that haven't yet reappeared.

Dorothy

• etfishwolf
    17 years ago

Just found this post. Wasn't aware there was a separate section. I would attend a swap or get together of some kind in the Sulpher Springs area. I'm south of there near Quitman. I have lots of things planted, but so far not much is coming up yet. Maybe if we planned something for late April I'll have something to trade and we can get more interested.

Steve

• etfishwolf
    17 years ago

Just found this post. Wasn't aware there was a separate section. I would attend a swap or get together of some kind in the Sulpher Springs area. I'm south of there near Quitman. I have lots of things planted, but so far not much is coming up yet. Maybe if we planned something for late April I'll have something to trade and we can get more interested.

Steve

• dannab1
    17 years ago

I would be interested in meeting in late April....I am at West Tawakoni.

Danna

• toadlilly
    17 years ago

I'm in Quitman-CJ

• txgarden57
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi
    I appologize for taking so long to get back to some of you. The idea of a plant swap for Northeast Texas is still on. If by chance you'll be at the FT Worth plant swap Saturday. I'll be there, so look me up I'll be the guy who hopefully can get someone to trade for some heritage tomato seedlings. About four people responded to the idea of a plant swap in Northeast Texas. If you'll be at FT Worth, I hope several of us can all get together in person then we can all get together online and get something going.

Several of you expressed a concern about not having anything to trade. I know the feeling, but I'm going to FT Worth anyway with my seedlings. So think hard about what you might have to trade. Seeds maybe? books/magazines? Tools? I think anything gardening might fit. When I moved I found out I have two hulahoes! The amazing thing is I never have bought one! What a great trade item I hate those things! By the way my mom loved hers! I hope my seedlings get me several things I can trade. Who knows maybe when they find out we're starting a swap they'll take pitty on us and give us some stuff to trade!

Thanks & Happy Gardening
    Roger Palmer
    Rogerp1057@yahoo.com

• dannab1
    17 years ago

Roger, I sent you an e-mail. I will see you Sat. look for Lane and Danna.

• caroler8
    16 years ago

We are planning a plant swap in Kilgore, tentative date October 7, 2007, at 2 p.m. If you are interested please contact me and I will keep in touch.

• cdonelson
    16 years ago

I am in Denison and my sister is in Mineola and we would love to have a swap meet in the area. We have lots of plants we could bring to trade. Let me know if you get this going and where and we will be there.
    Cathy

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County