Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

o
Plant Swap in Fort Worth area

Posted by clairtx z8 TX (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 24, 08 at 9:10

I have Mexican Petunia (Chi Chi) to swap for low growing perinneals, preferably Victoria Blue Salvia

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plant Swap in Fort Worth area

Look in Exchanges for the plant swap April 12th in your area.

o

Waxleaf ligustrum,poke salad plants,vinca, purple heart jew, garlic, smokey black haw viburnum, mexican petunia, bleeding hearts, pomegranite, airplane/spider plants, aloe, tropical canna (orange), WEEDS! Could bring to next meet. Anybody interested?

o

I'd like a bleeding heart. What are you looking for?

o

OMG I MUST HAVE BLEEDING HEART -

*composes self* I mean, if you have a spare one, I'd love to have one of your bleeding hearts! Is it the vine or the perennial? (Either way, I want.) What are you looking for in return? Check out my exchanges page!

o

Hey mikeandbarb and mommyfox... I couldn't wait this year... got my Bleeding Heart about 2 weeks ago - she's coming up already - OMG, I can't wait!

o

clair & wacoberly,
you can post on the FW 4-12 Swap thread on the Exchanges page linked below.

& once you get to the Exchanges page, be sure to look for the other threads related to the FW Swap,

I think there are 4:

the 1st one is titled something like

Ft Worth Spring Swap

then one that gives details of how the swap is structured, something like
Swap Info for Newbies Please Do Not Post Trades Here,

Ft Worth Swap, Keeping Everybody Happy,

& Dallas Morning News Article About Ft Worth Swap.

(Even if you just want to trade one-on-one, you ought to post it on Exchanges.)

hope to see you there!

Here is a link that might be useful: FW Swap April 12

o
RE: Hi Wacoberly.....

Hi - I would like the smokey black haw viburnum, if you are coming to the April 12, Fort Worth swap. Let me know, what plants you are looking for. Thank you. tina_2

o

I'm both new here and new to plant swapping, so I have a few questions.
I would like to attend/swap on the 4/12 date.
Do I have to join any club to swap?
How does it work? Do I show up, set up a table and start dickering?
What is a fair trade? Is plant 'A' worth two of plant 'B'?
As there will be only me do I pull my offerings around with me in a cart as I go to other tables?
Is there a fee to set up?
What if no one wants to swap what I have, can I buy plants?
Do I need to provide info/care sheet for my offerings?
I've got a few dozen Aloe Vera plants for swap, might anyone be interested in them as they're succulents?
(Direct descendants from a plant imported from the island of Aruba in 1974).

Any advice you have to offer is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Scott

o

Hi wacoberly2 -

I would like some blackhaw viburnum. What are you looking for in trade? I have:

Agave pups (dark green with light green stripe)
Aloe Vera
tall pink (Chi-Chi) Mexican petunia
Obedient plants
Trumpet Vine
Elderberry plants
Small (low-growing) purple mexican petunia
Leucojum Aestivum (summer snowflake)
Beautyberry
Tropicana cannas
Water plants - Pickerel Weed

I'll be at the FW swap if you'd like to exchange there.

Thanks!
Lin

o

I think it'll be easier if we all post stuff in the same place - I know I have trouble keeping track of who I'm supposed to trade for what when it gets scattered! Sylvia's link will take you right where you need to go, if you don't know where it is ...

Orclin, the link below will answer all your questions!

Here is a link that might be useful: New Person Swap Information

o

Hi Scott,

The swap is free, as for whats a fair trade is between the person's trading. Say that I have a daylily worth 25.00 that you'd like, but your's are only worth 10.00 then I'd ask for two daylilies for one of mine. But this is mostly small trades, with spreading or seedling plants coming up.
Although their are some pond plants.

Go to the exchange page and you'll see how the swap works.

o

Hey, guys and gals, I can barely keep up with ONE thread much less TWO .... can we move all this over to the Ft. Worth swap thread in Exchanges..????

o

Carrie, the other thread is almost full, the max posts is 150 and there are now 148, so if all these plant swap maniacs keep going we're going to have spill over here anyway. I can't keep up with all of it either, I never saw such a trading frenzy!! Everybody wants one of everything that everyone else is offering. All I have to say is we all better bring a LOT of plants!!!

Scott, show up with everything you want to trade or give away and I can guarantee you won't go home sad. I always give away everything I don't trade for. I go to the swap with the attitude that I don't want to take my own plants back home, but I definitely want to bring home someone elses plants. If I come home with more than I went with, I feel like I had a really good swap, if I go home with less then I go home knowing that I made some fellow gardeners happy. It's not about money, it's about happiness. Show up and get happy.

Cheryl

o

Well put, Cheryl, and I have already borrowed my DH's truck as there is no way all this will fit into my car ..LOL.

o

barkingdogwoods: I would love to get get some Agave Pups.. all I have for trade is Confederate Rose Cuttings.

o

For the sake of brevity (hah! with our group, it's *always* too late for that!) & clarity, let's make this thread "Part Tres".

o

wacoberly2
I am interested in your bleeding hearts, pomegranite

What are your wants???
Debbie

o

Wacoberly2, I am also interested in your pomegranite. My tradelist is under Swap Meet Part 2. Thanks.

Carrie751, you are correct in what you have me down for. I'm also interested in your mock orange plant and turk's cap roots. Can I interest you in something else from my list. How about an orange bulbine plant? Thanks.

Weenerdogg, I would be happy to put you down for some queen anne's lace in addition to the tansy. I would be happy to trade for the pink oxalis. Thanks.

Seamommy, I would love some of your preserves and/or apple butter. Is there anything on my list that interests you? Thanks.

o

Is this now Part 3? I'm new to swapping and am planning on coming to the Ft Worth swap. (Normally I'M the one with a graduation or wedding to go to!) I'm excited!!!

Here is my list of haves:

cuttings: (nothing rooted)
Rose of Sharon-Diana (single, solid white)
Rose of Sharon-double purple
Bird of Paradise bush/tree
Baby tears sedumn
Jew-hardy big shiny green leaves (same size as purple jew) wh blooms
not hardy:
Yesterday, today, tomorrow (purple fading blooms)
Peppercorn vine
Bulbline (orange/yellow bloom)
Philodendron, Mexican Breadfruit

Baby plants:
Elephant ear-runs like pothos
Artesmia-gold dust
Water parsley
1 Autumn joy
Oragano
Crinum-Milk & Wine
Bouncing bet/soap wort (pink bloom)
Money wort-light green leaf
Wh iris
Reg vinca vine (purple bloom)
Var vinca vine (purple bloom)
Oxalis (pink bloom/green leaf)
1 potted orchid: bllra tahoma glacier 'sugar sweet'

o

Carrie751 - I would love a mock orange root and Greggii sallvia.

Toadlily - could I interest you in lunch for a bird a paradise?

o

Hi - I was just wondering --- Is anyone bringing flowering vines to trade? Let me know. Thank you. tina_2

o

Toadlily, hello, I am interested in your baby tears sedum, philodendron, mexican breadfruit, and a cutting of yesterday, today, and tomorrow. My tradelist is under Swap Meet Part Deux. Let me know if anything on there interests you. Thanks.

dcarpenter

o

Bare-foot I was hoping I could trade something for lunch!

Bare-foot: Bird of Paradise-ME: lunch:)

dcarpenter how about your sedum angelina, sedum B, tansy? What is a watch chain plant?

o

Toadlilly: I am interested in the Rose of Sharon-double purple. I do not have much to trade. My trade list on part Swap Meet Part Deux. -Thanks,

o

element321 is your grass with dark berries lirope? Do you have the var green/yellow leaf kind? I can also bring a red bud sapling (been in the pot a year so its good and rooted, about 2 ft tall.)

o

Toadlilly: I think they are dark berries lirope. I googled and they looked about the same. Here are mine. the dark greens have been taken care and protected by the shade. The variegated ones are a little brown. I removed some branches over that bed and now they get way to much sun. I will be removing or transplanting them soon.

Heres what they look like...

I will take both if you want to. Please post here and then send me an email what you want do.

Thanks

o

Welcome Toadlily! You have a nice list.
The baby elephant ear that runs, I believe it's taro. I would really like one, with the green wandering jew. And I would love the orchid!! Is there anything of mine you would be interested in? Maybe a water lily? My list is in Part Deux also.

o

Planopondnut-you got a deal (orchid, taro?, green jew)! How about some blue carpet sedum, fall aster, azolla, and lily? Email me and let me know how much EE and jew you want (I have lots)

o

Y'all movin' too fast, I can't keep up!

Cheryl, I'd love to have some of your preserves, especially the pear;
I don't think I've had pear preservessince my grandmother died.

Please look at my list & let me know what I can bring you in return.

o

Darlene, I would love the orange bulbine --- don't see any sign of mine returning this year. I thought they were cold hardy here.

o

WELCOME toadlilly, element321 & Scott/orclin

Toadlily,
I am interested in your orchid: bllra tahoma glacier 'sugar sweet', Yesterday, today, tomorrow & the Crinum-Milk & Wine.
I can trade you a division of an orchid that I brought home from Hawaii 16 yrs ago for your orchid & a name tag for the others. (look on Swap Meet Part Deux for the choices - will also need your first name)

Thanks,
Debbie

o
Orchid

Toadlily,

Oh poo I just saw that my post didn't go thru this afternoon & planopondnut has already claimed the orchid.

Oh well if you have another available I'n still interested in the orchid exchange.

Debbie

o
Seamommy

Seamommy,
I would like a jar of Apple Butter PLEASE
Debbie

o

Debbie, sorry the orchid is gone, how about crinum bulb & Yesterday, today, tomorrow for tag (toadlilly/Carla your choice:) and lambs ear. Is it the kind that has large leaves and rarely blooms? Carla

o

element321, you have yourself a trade - some Agave Pups.. for Confederate Rose Cuttings. How many do you want?

toadlily, I'm so glad you're coming - I get to meet a new gardener friend from my soon-to-be home!

Lin

o

Lin, is there anything I have to trade you'd cosider for water lettuce & hyacinth?

o

Toadlily, the watch chain plant is called crassula muscosa. Also, you are talking about the Sedum Balticum when you say Sedum B? I'm also interested in your elephant ears and your bouncing bet. Is there anything else on my list that might interest you? I will be bringing some additional houseplants that I potted up if you're interested in houseplants. I just don't know the names of them. I will put you down for Sedum Angelina and Tansy for sure. Let me know about the rest. Thanks.

Carrie751, I have you down for bee balm, lamb's ear, and orange bulbine for your flame acanthus, gloriosa daisy, mock orange, and turk's cap roots. Is there anything else you would like? My orange bulbine never died out. I dug and potted some up and put it in the greenhouse because I wasn't sure if it would make it or not. It made it alright, and I have to divide it! Thanks.

No takers for the Artemesia "Oriental Limelight"? It really is pretty. It's a great ground cover. How about ajuga? It's blooming purple blooms right now, very pretty?

Darlene

o

Darlene I for you:
baby tears sedum
philo-mex breadfruit (big split leaf)
Yesterday, today, tomorrow
EE-taro
Bouncing Bet/soapwort

I'd like your:
sedum angelina
sedum balticum
tansy
watch chain plant
and ajuga?

My artesmia is Oriental Limelight not gold dust-oops

Carla

o

Does anyone have Turk's cap and Mandevilla they would want to trade?

o

I have Turk's cap roots, element, very large ones from the one I had dug up and relocated. I will bring these with me to the swap, and you are welcome to one of them.

o

Welcome Scott!!
Bring whatever you have. We'll have lots of stuff for you to pick from. BTW I'd like some aloe vera. I've let mine get too wet & killed 'em.

Weldon

o

Hi Carla! (toadlily)

I've got you down for a water hyacinth and water lettuce - do you want some pickerel weed too? And maybe a water canna? (Thalia)

I would like some elephant ear and water parsley. This would be a good trade for me, as I am thinning out the water gardens - so either take them or I'll have to compost them!

Thanks!
Lin

o

Thanks Lin!

o

LIN
never say compost - ewwww it hurts my ears.
Bring all you have to get rid of & I'll carry any leftovers off to the next trade & the next - hee hee I will be following Sylvia to 3 in a row this year.

So that goes for everyone OK. Trash no goodies. I'll find them a home.

Do I only have Sylvia adopting some Guppies? You know they do need a home - ask your friends & neighbors. They are beautiful & I seem to be getting a lot of males that are showing a silver leopard print with orange & black tails.

Debbie

o
post for donna

Donna my next door neighbor doesn't have a computer & she looked at thread #1 & started a list. LOL I kept trying to get her over to read the second string & know here we are on # 3 - & she's out of town. She's never been dissapointed after our trades even without pre trading.

I have a list that she left on my desk so if anyone can accomodate her that would be great.

Blue morning glories
Salvia - pink & red (mike& barb)
brug
dwarf columbine, violets (mommyfox)
spanish bluebells (lin)
5 pm ?? bulbs, mauve crinum (sylvia)
pomegranites (alley)
kalanchoe (weldon)

She had these listed that she has
devil backbone
jewel of opar
lambs ear

Thanks
Debbie

o

My have list

stone crop sedum
some other sedum that resembles autumn joy
caladium bulbs
monkey grass
catnip, cilantro, beet, chard, basil seeds
coco peat
homemade soap
pink oxalis
ajuga
sweet alyssum

Waco Bev,

I am interested in your bleeding heart.

o

Cheryl, I forgot to answer you. I'll bring you a water lily, various water plants, and a water canna division, for your daylilies, a couple coneflowers, and perhaps some purple coneflower seeds?

Gardenmommaureen, do you have any more garden amaryllis? Can I trade you some red spider lilies for some?

o

Hey Debbie -

Tell your neighbor Donna that I'll have some Spanish bluebells with her name on them. I would like some Devil's backbone for them - love that name!

I will bring all the water plants I want to live elsewhere, bagged up or in a bucket to be bagged, so you can take whatever doesn't find a home. I think that somehow we should put some guppies in each of the bags of water plants (bwah-hah-hah!)

Lin

o

Here's my trade list - let me know if I've missed anyone.

for Weldontx = garlic chives, parsley /me =??

debbiedo7 = you ?? / me = name tag

Alley = turks cap / me = rock rose

Mommyfox = crinum, turks cap, Spirea,/
me = any columbine, rock rose

Tina = ?? / me = vinca vine

Planopondnut = crinum / me = cast iron plant

Brenda = ?? / me = lunch

I worked a trade for ajuga but don't remember who/what I need to exchange.
Maureen I'd love some of the old red amaryllis - see my offerings below.

I have: wintersown seedlings: parsley, swiss chard, Roma tomato; garlic chives; rooted turks cap; mums - color??; 2 Heuchera (coral bells); also can dig some Taro.

o

dirtmomma
I'll take a Heuchera (coral bells) & a mum

Lin,
I will let Donna know when she gets back about your trade.

Weldon
If no one offers to bring you an Aloe I'll bring ya one. Just remind me OK

toadlilly/Carla
the lambs ear is fuzzy like the regular LE but is stiffer, it's also rounder with a scalloped edge to it. It blooms a tall spike with tiny purple flowers & loves water so would be good around a bog. I originally got it from Walmart & the tag said Lambs ear but I've lost the tag so I don't know what variety it is.

I was going to take a picture of the LE & my guppies but LOL my grand daughters CLEANED up my office & now I'm missin lots of stuff - like my card reader. I'll try to get one posted in the next couple of days OK

Debbie

o

weenerdogg
Id like some of your catnip, coco peat

Do you want a name tag?

o

Debbie I would love a name tag with the grasses.

o

toadlily I'd like some baby tears sedum

Anyone have a firecracker fern? Mine didn't make it through the winter inside.

I'm also looking for Louisiana Phlox and Winkie columbine

Trades I have are:
Obedient plant
columbine Texas Gold
Black Blue Salvia
Lady in red salvia
Blue Henry Duelberg salvia
Navajo Bright salvia
Ditch daylily color orange with red throat
Bonanza Daylily color yellow with dark red throat
Red Squirrel Daylily color reddish orange blend above gold throat
Tall purple mexican petunia's
Tropical milkweed
1 Blue Morning glory bush seedling

o

Toadlilly, I just googled the baby tears sedum, and it is gorgeous. If you have enough, I would like my name on one.

o

Barb, I can bring you several metal hanging baskets with what I think is coconut mat liners for your shepherd's hooks.

& if there's anything on my list that you'd like, I'd love that Henry Duelberg salvia, I love those things.

deb, I'll bring Donna a crinum & some 4 o'clocks.

o

Mommyfox,
too bad about the yellow ice plant. I did have down you were bringing me the phrag orchid (division)

Barbara,
I have you down for a name tag & I'd like any or all of these if you have enough to spare. After I googled em I just couldn't make my mind up so suprise me.
Black Blue Salvia
Lady in red salvia
Navajo Bright salvia

weenerdogg,
what's your first name?

o

Debbie,

THAT'S what it was! I thought there was something I was missing. And now that I look at my list here, it was already written down on there. o.O How'd I miss it? I must've been beset by a toddler. Anyway, yes, phrag orchid for name tag!

o

debbiedo-yes I would like some lambs ear, especially if it likes more water the norm (I've murdered the reg lambs ear often, with too much water).

mikeandbarb: how about Columbine, or bush morning glory or daylily (other than ditch orange) for baby tears sedum?

carrie571: I googled it too and mine is fatter, rounder leaves, draping, hardy, ground cover or pot plant. Interested? Maybe for a gloriosa daisy, black & blue salvia, or red canna?

I'd take those guppies but they'd just be fish/turtle food:(

Carla

o

Debbie, I don't recall what type of name tag your making us. Is it a button style, metal with plastic coating and pin on back?

With so many people coming I have decide to make a list of all my plants for trade and my want list so when you go up to my table to check on the plants for trade you can put your name beside the plant you want and write down what you'll trade for it. With more people I think I'd be able to keep up easier this way. Whatever plants don't get traded will be coming home with me due to another swap.

Sylvia I put you down for the HD salvia.

Barb

o

Barb, what a great idea --- may just have to do the same thing.
Toadlilly, I will have more plants than I have listed - do you want to wait until you see the list at the swap to decide what you want for the sedum? If not, I will put your name on one of the ones you listed above.

o

Toadlily, I don't care which one you choose, what is your want for the sedum?

o

Planopondnut I can bring you some amaryllis (do you have redbud seedlings left, or woodfern? I'd trade for either. Let me know)
dirtmomma I can bring you some amaryllis (I'd trade for turks cap)
Maureen

o

whoa.. you guys are tradin' fools!

HAVE:

ROOTED STARTS:

3 - STIPA TENUISSIMA - 'MEXICAN FEATHER GRASS'

1 - HYDRANGEA QUERCIFOLIA 'DAYSPRING'- OAKLEAF HYDRANGEA (Which took since the LAST swap to root)

1 - YELLOW FLAG IRIS (WATER PLANT)

1 - (3 FAN) HEMEROCALLIS 'SILOAM BABY TALK' (DAYLILY)

1 - PURPLE LIROPE

20 - BASIL STARTS

CAN DIG:

2 - RUDBECKIA FULGIDA SULLIVANTII 'GOLDSTURM' - BLACK-EYED SUSAN

1,000,000 - YELLOW FLAG IRIS (WATER PLANT)

4 - HEMEROCALLIS 'STELLA DE ORO' - DAYLILY

2 - HOUTTUYNIA CORDATA 'CHAMELEON'- CHAMELEON PLANT (WATER PLANT ONLY - DO NOT PLANT IN THE GROUND - VERY INVASIVE

2 - MENTHA X PIPERITA F. CITRTA (AQUATICA X SPICATA)'CHOCOLATE' - CHOCOLATE MINT

2 - THYMUS SERPYLLUM - CREEPING THYME

SEED:

DIANTHUS GRANTIANOPOLITANUS 'FIRE WITCH'

BASIL

WANT:

METHA RENQUII

WHITE ALYSUM

NAMED DAYLILIES

CREEPING SPEEDWELL 'GEORGIA BLUE'

BI-COLOR SALVIA

WHITE CREEPING PHLOX

BLACK FOOT DAISY

ORCHIDS

OTHER LOW (2-3") GROUND COVER, PREFERABLY WHITE, LIGHT PINK, BLUE, LAVENDER

o

mommyfox, you can slap the name Jenn or Jennifer on my tag lol

Fairysoap, I have some white sweet alyssum if you would like to trade for some of that chocolate mint.

o

Maureen, thanks for the amaryllis! I'll bring you some fern and I'll see if I can get you a Redbud also. :)

Welcome, fairysoapgirl!

o

weenerdogg - You got it.

o
Oh yeah!

Oh, yeah, I do make handmade, cold processed herbal soaps (vegetable and essential oils only)... Can trade those especially for named daylilies!!

o

Michelle, I forgot all about you having OAKLEAF HYDRANGEA I'd like one if you can find something of mind you'd like trading for.

o

Barb - Oakleaf hydrangea is yours... how about the black & blue salvia? I might have even owed you this from the last trade???

Hope you don't mind if I offer Mommyfox some of the ginger you gave me? I can't find a place to fit it all...

Barkingdogwoods - if you still have any spanish bluebells or narcissus (if you found them), I would love to trade??

Debbiedo7, I think I can take some guppies... will they survive outside?

Forgot - WANT: Rabbit poo!

o

fairysoap girl I can use water iris & handmade soap;

please check my list to see what I can bring you.

Thanks!

o

Barb,
For the name tags. I am planning on attaching to a plastic similar to a milk jug & laminating these & also use a magnet back for future use. Probably not waterproof - but I don't think we plan on taking a dip in anyones pond snicker snicker (if'n you are welllll I'd toss it up on the bank before ya dive in) haha **HAND MADE WITH LOVE ;O)

Welcome Michelle/Fairysoapgirl
I got your request for the name tag Sweet Pea Fairy

I would like any of these or all .........
**HEMEROCALLIS 'SILOAM BABY TALK' (DAYLILY)**,
MENTHA X PIPERITA F. CITRTA (AQUATICA X PICATA)'CHOCOLATE' - CHOCOLATE MINT,
& RUDBECKIA FULGIDA SULLIVANTII 'GOLDSTURM' - BLACK-EYED SUSAN that is if ya have enough.

weenerdogg
I got ya for the name TY
Jenn or Jennifer on the daylillies tag

I WILL ALSO BE ABLE TO BRING A FEW OF THE YELLOW STELLA D'ORRO DAYLILLIES IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED. LET ME KNOW SO I CAN DIG EM UP.

If anyone has the purple version of the D'Orro I would like a start of them.

Debbie

o
RE: Guppies

fairysoapgirl,

I have no idea how well the guppies will do outside. Sylvia wants to try them out there, mine are in an aquarium in the house. I do know that they're always hungry. lol They would probably also be a treat to any frogs, turtles & so forth, but in turn they would enjoy any mosquito larvae.

o

Thank you, Michelle I got you down for Black and Blue salvia.

I have some ginger that hasn't done good for me and if I can dig it up I will bring it, here are the names it could be, kahili ginger hedychium gardnerianum, pink ginger Alpinia purpurata and white ginger hedychium coronarium, these came from hawaii a few years back the white ones come back every year but the other one's have not flowered. Maybe someone else will have better luck with them.

I don't know what else I'll be bring but if there are going to be others coming that we don't know of I want to have plenty to trade should they have something I can't live without.

o

• Posted by necia z7 N TX (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 5, 08 at 19:15

Guess what ~ My sister and I get to come! Here is a list of what I will be bringing:

*Hardy violets
*Roughleaf dogwood (these have come up under the existing tree and don't have any feeder roots, not sure how to grow them, but maybe you do!)
*(5)Persian Sheild seedlings
*Several Zebrina Hollyhocks
*(2)Hyacinth Bean seedlings
*Several Black and Blue Salvia
*(5)Queen Anne's Lace seedlings
*(4)Salvia Officinalis (Garden Sage)seedlings
*(4)Standing Cypress seedlings
*(2)Becky Shasta Daisy
*(1)Monarda (Wild Bergamot) may be able to get more

I sure wish there was a seperate thread with just the 'HAVE' lists on it. It would make it a lot easier! LOL

These are some of the things that I have seen mentioned that would be nice to have:

Gloriosa Daisy
Pineapple Sage
Wood Fern
Texas Gold Columbine
Huechera

Other things that I am looking for are hosta's, carolina jesamine, gerbera daisy, perennial salvia, penstemon, dill, herbs, pink monarda and of course, a name tag!

=)Necia

o

Hi Necia,

I'm glad you will be able to make it! I am interested in Salvia Officinalis, Monarda and violets if you see anything of mine that you would like.

o

Sat, Apr 5, 08 at 21:30

Weenerdog,

Sure! I will put you down for those. I would like some of your ajuga. Also, can you describe your stonecrop sedum? Is it te variety that forms a mound and then sends up flower clusters?

Thanks,
Necia

o

Lin, Is there any chance you may still have water hycinth left? I would love to have some. I have other water plants to swap. Lizard's tail, arrowhead, pickerel, and something that looks like dollar bonnet. It maybe dollar bonnet I can't remember. It sends up small round leaves that float on the water.Also could pot up Horsetail reed.
I also have other stuff I can pot up if anyone's interested.
Flame Acanthus
Rue seedling's
Darci sage(wonderful for hummingbird's and hummingbird moths)
Tennesse Coneflower
Mexican Mint marigold
Bog Salvia
Night Blooming Cereus(2)
Henry Duelberg Salvia
Passion vine(the kind thats spreads EVERYWHERE)
Polonasia-clammy weed(butterfly wildflower)
Eupatorium Coelestrum
Eupatorium greggi
Horsemint(wildflower)
A couple of Red Bee Balm
Garden Phlox(I can't remeber if it's light pink or dark pink)

Hope

o

Hi Necia
I am interested in
2 of Zebrina Hollyhocks
2 of Persian Shield seedlings
& Salvia Officinalis

Please choose a name tag for you & your sis from part 2
I'll need her first name.

Debbie

o

Welcome Hope / catlunatic
I'm interested in your

Mexican Mint marigold
Passion vine
Night Blooming Cereus

If you're into cats I have the perfect name tag for you look on part 2 it should be on the first page. Let me know if you'd be willing to trade.

Thanks,
Debbie

o

Necia,

I will put you down for ajuga. The sedum is almost like a ground cover with small yellow star shaped flowers.

Hope,

I am interested in anything that will attract butterflies. Let me know if I have something you would like.

Jenn

o

Jenn, if you have any Ajuga left I'd love some, hope you see something to make a trade.

o

Hi Catlunatic!

I would like some of your:

Flame acanthus
Darci Sage
Henry Duelberg Salvia

Please take a look at my 'haves' above and see if you would like to make a trade!

Thanks,
Necia

o

Hope is your Henry Duelberg Salvia blue or white? I' looking for white.

My trade list :

Obedient plant
columbine Texas Gold
Black Blue Salvia
Lady in red salvia
Navajo Bright salvia
Tall purple mexican petunia's
Tropical milkweed

o

I'm such a nut, I actually BOUGHT plants yesterday. Admittedly, they were balloon flowers, which I don't think anyone is bringing, but still. My husband looked at me funny, but he's a smart lad and said nothing.

Fairysoapgirl, I'd love for you to share your ginger with me! Huzzah! I also would be appreciative of some chocolate mint if you have some to spare! I have alyssum and a bunch of other stuff - check out my exchanges page, I got everything on there.

o

Hi Fairysoapgirl -

I believe I have enough Spanish Bluebells for you to have a pot - I'll check later today when I cross-check my list. I also think I might have a small (2-3 bulbs) Narcissus Ehrlicheer - I will also have to search and count. Unfortunately all of the Avalanche are in east Texas and I made my last pre-swap trip yesterday :(

I'd love some "Goldstrum" rudbeckia, and maybe a bit of that Houttuynia for my greywater wetland.

Thanks!
Lin

o

Welcome catlunatic! Can I have a piece of your horsetail reed? Just a couple pieces should do it. ;) I could bring you some variegated water celery..

o
Necia

Hi Necia, welcome. :)
I would like a persian shield seedling. Would you like some of my wood fern?

-Sally

o

i was hoping maybe someone or everyone moght be bringing babyfood jars or other small jars for starting plants.and sedum,lots of sedum!!!

o

sylvia - can we trade water iris for iris? I think I might owe you for Bev Sills last time anyway... What kinda soap? Lavender? Honey & Oatmeal? Peppermint?

Barb - I might have some Ajuga 'Bronze Beauty'... I'll see what I can dig.

Debbie - can I trade the daylily for striped carnation, black eyed susan for pincushion, and the chocolate mint for my nametag?

Necia - interested in basil starts (small plants) and creeping thyme for goat poo and black and blue salvia?

Mommyfox - I totally owe you for the beautiful orchid... and it is your birthday and all... how about basil, ginger, creeping thyme AND I think I can dig up some of my purple oxalis... it is potted, so it should be pretty easy. I would like the alyssum.... :o)

STILL HAVE:

3 - STIPA TENUISSIMA - 'MEXICAN FEATHER GRASS'

1 - PURPLE LIROPE

BASIL STARTS

YELLOW FLAG IRIS (WATER PLANT)

4 - HEMEROCALLIS 'STELLA DE ORO' - DAYLILY

1 - HOUTTUYNIA CORDATA 'CHAMELEON'- CHAMELEON PLANT (WATER PLANT ONLY - DO NOT PLANT IN THE GROUND - VERY INVASIVE

SEED:

DIANTHUS GRANTIANOPOLITANUS 'FIRE WITCH'

BASIL

o

okay,
I have the following after final looks around

--volcano plants---
deep purple leaves that lay flat most of the year then in the spring bush up (like lettuce almost---then send up tall white flower spikes) link attached below but the blooms on these are white. Can dig up all anyone wants!

---pots of every shape and size-

- a few tiny turk's caps

--native texas red salvia blooms like crazy all summer and reseeds prolifically

-carolina or confederate jasmine, spring heavy yellow bloomer

--coral honeysuckle

--native white honeysuckle

--huge purple iris with yellow beards no idea what kind they are but thrived with no care for two years before we bought this place

Trades
milkweed for barb/purple or blue salvia please
dutchman's pipe for Hope
Tina2 turks cap

Here is a link that might be useful: volcano plant-mine has white blooms

o

Fairysoapgirl, I would love to trade for your Mexican Feather Grass and basil if there is anything on my list that you would like.

o
Chocolate Mint

Mommyfox, I can dig you some chocolate mint if you want.

o

carrie751 - I can't seem to find your list, but the feathergrass is yours... and basil too!

just an fyi on the basil - just in case I didn't say... the basil is REAL small... they have their first set of leaves and maybe by next weekend they will have another set - I will try to put a few in each container, so when they grow, you'll have lots! I just didn't want anyone to be mislead thinking... nice large basil plants.

o

Dorothy--I would love a visor what can I trade you?
Fairysoap - I would like a stella de oro daylily if you still have one,see my list above?

o

Hi Fairysoapgirl - I checked and you got the last pot of Spanish bluebells - hooray! I also found a pot of narcissus that I believe is Ehrlicheer - if not then it's some other similar narcissus. If you're not into surprices I ave another pot of Leucojum (summer snowflake but they bloom here with narcissus) - I call it "Lily of the Valley on steroids" because the flowers are similar.

And to all - I dug up some more Kerria Japonica (Japanese rose - single form) yesterday, if you'd like some let me know because my SUV is getting VERY full (Barb, if you want more than 2 holler out!. I may have to ask for help moving stuff out of it!!

A very tired Lin...swaps are hard work!

o

Swaps are HARD work, Lin, agreed!!!! I would like another Japonica if you find something else you would like from me.

Fairysoapgirl, I emailed you.

o

fairysoapgirl,

sure we can trade water iris for iris!

what iris would you like?

All the soap sounds wonderful, but peppermint sounds simply delicious!

o

Necia, if I'm not too late, I'd like persion shield , blk and blue salvia and Becky shasta daisy.
I have: beard tongue, coreopsis, spiderwart, sedum, roses (some are lost tag orphans)

Weldon

o
RE: Well, I'm nuts...

..."What iris would you like?"

of course, I have at least a couple of every one of the what, 60,000 iris cultivars???

I've lost it, I tell ya!

I have some huge, deep, brilliant, ruffled purple ones in bloom right now, & I can get
Crimson King (earliest iris I ever saw, bloomed Feb 23 this year, & it often re-blooms in late May, but it's an oldie, not fancy like the newer ones),
cemetary white, &
a historic yellow intermediate, name unknown.

o

dannab1 - I can dig one for ya! No trade needed... she needs to be divided anyway...

Lin - YIPPEE! Bluebells! I love that narcissus Erlicheer, so it is worth taking the chance... besides, all narcissus is beautiful! Is there something else you'd like for that last pot of summer snowflake (Leucojum )???

o

dcarpenter, if you have enough, I would love to have one of each sedum angelina and balticum.

o

oh boy - we're in the "fast and furious" phase right now!!

Fairysoapgirl, I DO have an ehrlicheer for you (I had "hidden" them from myself so I wouldn't move them to Quitman!) - and for the leucojum I'd love a feather grass if you still have one.

Carrie751, you can have another Kerria japonica - if you have any flame acanthus I'd love that, if not the Kerria is up and needs a home! (I did tell you that this spreads, right?)

Catlunatic (love that name!), I will make sure you get a water hyacinth. Do you want water lettuce with that? Or a water canna - Thalia? (I feel like a fast food joint..) I would love to have some arrowhead, and if you want more than the water hyacinth I'd like dollar bonnet and/or lizards tail - anything but pickerel weed as I have that to share as well.

Thanks all!

Lin

o

Sylvia - I was going to ask, buuuuuut... looks like you caught yourself! :o) I like anything pink, purple, lavender, blue... huge, deep, brilliant are great descriptive words, but whatever you think is pretty and/or you already have dug. BTW, Beverly Sills is about to bloom! Peppermint soap it is!

o
is this ok?

Lin - the feathergrass is in a 4" pot, so these are not huge, but do have roots and very pretty... I love this stuff. I want to be sure that is ok...

o

Michelle,
I will have to go check to see if the carnations & the picushon made it. I had some damp off & not sure what ones have made it. I started them a month ago & they're still pretty small.
Next year I will start things earlier to give them a chance to be mature for the trade.
I bought a light set up & will have it all together by then. LOL
All that to say Let Me Check haha

Dana,
I would be interested in the pots of every shape and size, especially if you have large round or rectangle & the carolina or confederate jasmine. I already have you & Lane's name tags.

Thanks,
Debbie

o

Fairysoapgirl, thanks for asking - 4" pots are fine. I usually buy 4" pots so I can afford more variety, knowing they'll grow - with the added bonus that it helps me build character through patience. :)

is that the grass that grows along the George Bush turnpike up in Carrolton/Plano?

Lin

o

Brenda,

what am I bringing you for food??

See my list above, I also have
--red bee balm
--purple woodland violets

o
tadpoles

Didn't think of this till just now....
would anybody like tadpoles??
Our spring pond (small low spot in the pasture!)
is full of them.

o

Sun, Apr 6, 08 at 16:26

Ok,here goes! (Sure hope that I don't accidentally delete this before I get it sent!)

Catlunatic - Were you able to catch my post above about your Flame acanthus, Darci Sage and Duelberg Savia? It went by so fast that it might have been a blur! LOL

Debbiedo - The 2 zebrinas, 2 Persian Sheilds, and 1 garden sage sound fine. I will take the nametag with the iron garden gate and flowers. Also, do you still have any the burro's tail and string of bananas? What color is your scabiosa?

Weenerdog - I have you down for Garden Sage, Monarda, and violets. I would like some ajuga and sedum! Pretty please! =)

Weldon - I have you down for Persian Sheild, B&B Salvia, Becky Shasta Daisy in trade for Beard tongue.

Planopondnut - Persian sheild for Wood Fern. (The Persian Sheild is still a baby, I hope that is okay.)

Dannab1 - I would like one of your volcano plants and a carolina jasmine. Do I have anything that interests you?

Fairysoapgirl - I would love to trade for the basil and thyme, but, I only have the B&B Salvia, my Sister has the goat poop and she hasn't posted her trade list yet. (2 more goat babies were born yesterday! So she is busy!)

Sylvia - Do you still have some blue mistflower?

Mommyfox - Do you still have some yellow iceplant?

MikeandBarb - I will trade you my 1st born for some Texas Gold Columbine! (Although you may not want her, she is 15!!!) Also, do you have any Navajo Bright Salvia?

Lin - Do you still have Obedient Plant, Kerria Japonica (come on, you can fit a few more in your SUV!), and Beautyberry?

dcarpenter - I will trade you my 2nd born (13 y.o. girl) for as much pineapple sage that you can spare! (Just kidding! I love these girls too much to give them away!) Also, do you still have any sedum angelina or kamstchtka?

Seamommy - I would love some coneflower.

Carrie751 - Do you still have artemesia, wood fern and gloriosa daisy. ( I LOVE Gloriosa Daisy!)

Brenda - Lunch for ?????????

Well, that is all that I can think of for now! My brain hurts!!!

o

debbiedo7 - the daylily and black eyed susan are full grown plants, so I'd like to trade those for other fully rooted plants... so, for now I'll bring the chocolate mint to trade for the name tag??

Lin - I don't know if it is the same grass, but mine grows about knee-high, is REALLY soft and blows around in the wind beautifully.

Necia - No prob! Basils are just babies... and lots of em! So, I'll bring baby basil and creeping thyme for black & blue salvia. Goat babies are really cute! I had a friend back in California, and I'd go to their house and kneel down and the goat babies would jump on my back! Too funny!

o

Maureen, I checked, and yes I can bring you a redbud seedling, as well as the fern, and salvia.

Necia, a tiny start will be fine, thanks!

I hope my pots of black & blue salvia will recover from the transplant in time for the swap! They look upset (droopy). :-/ I may have to trim off the tops.

Oh, my poor back! :)

Sally

o

Here is what I have so far. Please let me know if I forgot anyone.

dcarpenter (darlene)

tansy and queen annes lace for oxalis

planopond nut

white daffodil and white oxalis for hen and chicks and soap and catnip

mike and barb

butter and eggs for ?

debbiedo

scabiosa for coco peat and catnip

Necia

Salvia Officinalis, Monarda and violets for ajuga and sedum

o

Weldon I have plenty of Black and Blue salvia. What cha got to trade?

Necia, MMM, I'll pass on the teenager been there done that 3 time in a row and survived HA.

I would like some Standing Cypress seedlings in exchange for the TG Columbine and the Navajo Bright is a baby that just rooted if you want it.

o
Necia

I have you down for a couple of volcano plants and a jasmine

I would like shasta daisy, standing cypress, or black and blue salvia, whatever you still have!

o

Necia, I still have a lot of artemisia and I will see if my helper comes this week to dig up more wood fern. I have a lot of it, but just unable to dig it. I think I can probably find another gloriosa daisy, also, and I have a lot of flame acanthus (though small it may be)-- it is all in four inch pots, but it grows very fast.

I will probably have extras of some of this, and other things I have not listed, so stop by my table and see if I have something you want. It just got to where my head was spinning -- we were moving so fast. (grin)

o

Sun, Apr 6, 08 at 18:28

Barb,
The standing cypress are still little babies, so let me know if you see anything else that you would like.

Dannab1,
Sounds great!

Carrie751,
What can I bring you in exchange?

I think that I will need to start a spreadsheet to keep up will all of these trades! I like the idea that someone posted above about bringing a printed list of pre-trades and putting your table. Good idea!

Happy Gardening!
Necia

o

Jenn, I'll also be bringing you some variegated vinca.

Julie, my Mom is bringing blackberry, raspberry, and dewberry. You can have some of each. :)

Sally

o

Ooo Sally! What would your mom like for her berries???

The yellow ice plant didn't make it, sadly. :(

o
I forgot

Sun, Apr 6, 08 at 18:54

I forgot to mention that I am in need of a ton of plastic nursery pots! I have over 50 wintersown seedlings that I will be needing to pot up before the little plant swap that I am hosting here in Wichita Falls.

If anyone has any extra plants that you are just going to throw away, I would love to bring them back to my other swap! We are expecting quiet a few newbies that have no plants at all.

Thanks,
Necia

o

Hi Sally - What would your mom like for a raspberry and dewberry seedling? The Japanese rose (kerria japonica) is very nice, I have a small (quart sized) catmint that I split, and of course Mexican petunias (pink tall and purple low clumping). I also have Tropicana cannas - or if she likes fruit I have elderberry transplants. I also have a bunch of tomato seedlings (mostly small-fruited like isis). I hope there's something on my list she'd like!

Hi Necia - I still have Obedient Plant and Kerria Japonica, and I have a small (quart) Beautyberry if you'd like it - I have plenty more but they're in Quitman and I'm not heading back there before Saturday. If you have any of the following left, I'd be interested in Persian Sheild seedlings, Shasta Daisy, Black and Blue Salvia, or Standing Cypress seedling (listing so many in case you're out, I don't expect them all).

Thanks!
Lin

o

Necia, how about hollyhock and kitchen sage? It is okay if you are out of these.

o
Trades

Sun, Apr 6, 08 at 19:25

Lin,
That sounds good! The Persian sheild and Standing cypress are small seedlings, so I don't mind bringing you all that you have asked for!

Carrie,
Got it! The Garden Sage is small but I plan on feeding it some worm poo fertilizer tomorrow to give it a boost!

=)Necia

o

weenerdogg - are we swapping chocolate mint for white sweet alyssum??

o

Yes fairy, we sure are. Thanks for reminding me.

o

Necia, we're set! Excitement builds!!!

If anybody wants a copy of the spreadsheet I'm using to mark who's getting what and what I'm getting in return (and also gives me a total of the number of each items I need), please send me an email to barkingdogwoods @ gmail.com and I'll send it to you. It's how I knew I had an "oops" with Spanish bluebells and had to go split one of my own pots.

Also - logistically - does everyone bring their own boxes/bags etc. to get their trade stuff? I don't know that I have enough boxes or carriers for the dozen or so folks who are getting all of the (gulp) 65 plants I now have takers for (not to mention the aloe that I am trying to dump - I mean get rid of - I mean rehome - I mean "gift" to gardening friends!).

Lin

o

Sun, Apr 6, 08 at 20:25

Lin, Too funny!!!

I have been saving the cardboard trays that my DH's beer comes in. I also save the cardboard boxes that are cut down into trays that we get at the checkout line at Sam's Club. I still won't have enough carriers, though. Maybe I should buy DH lots more beer! LOL

And yes, I am getting very excited!

=)Necia

o

Michelle/fairysoapgirl

If I have my drutheres about it I would really prefer the HEMEROCALLIS 'SILOAM BABY TALK' (DAYLILY) for the name tag. OK I googled it & fell in love. That's why I had astricks by it.

Thanks,
Debbie

o

Boy, I leave home for the day and look what happened. You guy's went nut's LOL.

I'm doing my best to go back over all three pages to make sure I haven't missed anyone. Now I'm about to fall asleep at the wheel here.
From page three so for this is the only ones I seen needing and answer

debbie does your friend have anything else to trade? I already have what she is offering in trade.

Toadlily..Got ya down for texas gold columbine

o

Julie and Lin, I'll ask Mom what she wants. Rest assured, she will put your names on the vines you both want. Thanks for the trades!

o

Hi Everyone,
It was a very busy day in the garden. I kept getting sidetracked while trying to pot things up. The rye grass is taking over my wildflowers so I had to stop and pull grass for half a day. Then got sidetracked by hummingbirds. I had on a red t-shirt that they kept checking out, so had to go in a get the feeders ready. I find so many other things to do other than what I set out to do.

First off:
Debbie I would love a name tag with the cat on it. I figured I was too late since I didn't get involved until til yesterday. I will have Mexican Mint marigold,Passionvine, and a night blooming cereus for you.

Jenn: You asked for butterfly attracting plants so that's what I will bring.

Necia: I have Flame acanthus, Darci sage,and hopefully a henry duelberg salvia. If you still have a standing cypress or queen anne's lace that would be fine.

Planopondnut: I have some Horsetail reed potted up for you. The water celery for trade will be fine.

Danna:I have you down for henry duelberg salvia and passionvine.Could you really bring tadpoles?

Linn: I will bring arrowhead starts, Lizard-tail and some of the bonnet. Our trade is for water hycinth.

I will also check for pots and baby food jars. I wish I had known about that sooner. I just had a long run with a sick cat and went thru alot of chicken babyfood.
did I miss anyone?

Hope

o

All right fellow plant lovers

*******LAST CALL FOR NAME TAGS WILL BE WEDNESDAY.********

IF YOU HAVEN'T PICKED ONE OUT BY THEN, I'M SORRY BUT I WILL BE PRINTING & MAKING THEM ON THURSDAY & FRIDAY.

I AM STARTING ANOTHER THREAD FOR JUST FINAL TRADE LISTS.

My head is spinning from trying to keep up with all the trades & if we have a place to post it will keep things easier in the end.

o

Hi guys,

I haven't had as much time as I thought I would to make stuff, so here's what I have in stock now:

~Shea Butter Lipbalm--Buttercream (7) or Cool Mint (5), sells for 2.25

~Shea Butter Footbalm w/tea tree and spearmint (6), sells for 3.95

~Goat's Milk Lotion with Shea Butter (12)--lightly scented w/ Oatmeal, Milk & Honey, sells for 9.95

~Goat's Milk Soap with Shea Butter: Cucumber Melon (7), Lovespell (2), Ruby Red Grapefruit (4), Energy (11), Nanny Oats w/ground oatmeal (20), and unscented Goat's Milk & Honey (7), sells for 3.95 each

~Whipped Shea Butter with Aloe Vera Oil (6), sells for 5.95

~Gardener's Hand Scrub (sugar scrub w/ shea butter and finely ground pumice), sells for 6.95

These are all professionally packaged, suitable for gift giving. ;)

I also have plenty of goat "berries"--mixed with hay--sorry, I'm not picking them out. =) And I have free-range eggs too, if anybody's interested. I sell them for 2.50 a dozen...

I would like to trade for drought tolerant perennials and shrubs.

Thanks!
April

o
Forgot to say

I'll trade for herbs and daylilies too!

o

APRIL,
DO YOU STILL PLAN ON GOING TO THE DENTON SWAP? IF SO I'D LIKE TO GET THE GOAT POO FROM YOU THEN. I'LL HAVE MORE ROOM FOR THE STUFF.

Would you like to trade a cool mint lip balm for a name tag?
Also I can trade you some yellow Stella D'Oro daylilies for a Whipped Shea Butter with Aloe Vera Oil

Debbie

o

Hope what color is the henry duelberg salvia?

Barb

o

Debbie,

Did you see this above about the nametag? I just wanted to make sure!

"Debbiedo - The 2 zebrinas, 2 Persian Sheilds, and 1 garden sage sound fine. I will take the nametag with the iron garden gate and flowers. Also, do you still have any the burro's tail and string of bananas? What color is your scabiosa?"

Also, April won't be at the Denton Swap, that is the day that I am hosting the Wichita Falls Swap and I would KILL her if she weren't there to help me!!!! LOL

Happy Spring!!!!!!!!
Necia

o

Planopondnut, Sally does your sister still have some scabiosa daisy (blue)? Anything on my list she'd like to trade, I do have some Hardy Red amaryllis I could dig up, it is small flower not the large ones?
I am going to get all the rest of the digging and potting done today I hope. So this means I'll have extras to swap out.

There will be a list of my have's and wants. On this list I will leave room for you to put your name beside the plant of choice and the name of plant you have to trade. Thank you

o

Barbara, sorry, what Sandie thought was scabiosa daisy actually turned into Ageratum (blue mist flower). She's sorry to have made the mistake. She hasn't seen sign of the scabiosa so far. :(

o

Hi Barbara, The hd salvia is blue. I don't have much of it except lots of little seedlings. But if you don't mind small.

Hope

o

Ah, Hope, can't I interest you in anything else besides the water hyacinth? I feel our trade is too one-sided, with me getting the better deal!

Maybe a water canna (Thalia dealbata)? It's not a canna at all but a very pretty plant none the less. Or I have some unknown-color water lilies, or some oxygenator plants. Or canna Tropicana? There's got to be something more I can give you! Some catmint maybe? I have a quart pot that I separated if you'd like it...

Thanks!
Lin (barking dogwoods)

Here is a link that might be useful: Water Canna (Thalia dealbata)

o

Thank's Hope but I have blue, hoping to find the white one.

No problem Sally, maybe she'll have something at the swap we can trade for :)

BTW, Y'all I know we've all been very busy but I'd like to make a reminder if I may. Please tag your plants with plant name, water requirements, sun or shade requirements. Thanks.
Barb

o

Hi Debbie,

I'd love to trade for the nametag and daylilies. I was just thinking last night that I need more yellow in my side bed.

I forgot to say in my wants, that I don't really care for red or orangey-red flowers. (I'm sure my sister is laughing at me now!) I need some mints, too, if anyone wants to trade. DH makes mojitos alot in the summer and last year we had to --BUY-- (gasp!) mint at the grocery store! I have one little peppermint plant started, but I'd love to try other kinds.

BTW, I just put the price of my items to show the trade value, I don't expect anyone to buy anything! =)

Thanks!
April

o
Nametag

Debbie, I like the iron gate design too!
April

o

April, I can bring chocolate mint if you like.

o

April - sent you an email, I also have creeping thyme and basil starts - I can probably find one more chocolate mint to dig all for some goat poo?

Debbiedo - uh oh, I sent the Siloam Baby Talk daylily to my mom this morning... so, it is no longer available. I also found an old magnetic conference namebadge in the drawer this morning, so you don't have to make a namebadge for me - one less!

Mommyfox - did you see my post above? I have for you: creeping thyme, Choc Mint, Purple Oxalis, basil starts and Ginger roots?

o

Julie, Lin, and Debbie-- I just found out that my Mom (Charlene) is only bringing raspberries and dewberries. I misunderstood. She has just planted some blackberries, but doesn't have any to share yet. Sorry!

If you are still interested, Lin, she is interested in the tropicana canna if you still have it. Otherwise, the Kerria. Julie, she is interested in the boxwoods, if they are miniature (12 inches tall or so). Otherwise, the love-lies-bleeding sounds marvelous to her. :)

Sorry again,
Sally

o

Okay - my head is spinning. Can't keep up with who has what. But if we haven't already arranged a trade for lunch - some of things posted that I'd be interest in are: volcano plants, basil, bee balm, mondara, rudbeckia, etc. etc. etc. Really, I'm pretty easy. I like perennial and re-seeders and we have sun, shade, part sun, etc, etc, etc. Also have a pond. Dannab -would love some tadpoles.

o

Necia, I can bring you some sedum angelina and kamtschaticum. Not sure about the pineapple mint, will have to look. I do have a ton of the Artemesia - Oriental Limelight if you would like some. I'm not sure if you have anything left for trade, would like a persian shield, but I think they have all been spoken for. If not, don't worry about it. Thanks.

Hope, do you have any clammyweed left? If so, check out my trade list on Part Deux and see if anything interests you. Thanks.

Barkingdogwoods, I would like one of your kerria japonica if you have any left. Do I have anything that interests you? I will have a few more plants at the swap that I don't have listed. I still have to dig and pot them up this week. Thanks.

Posie4u, I do have sedums angelina and balticum for you. What do you have for trade? Thanks.

Also, I was wondering if the plant swap is rain or shine? I don't mean to jinx it, but with the Texas weather, you just never know :)

Darlene

o

fairysoapgirl - Oh, I missed it before! That sounds great!

Sally, I'll take any berry plants! I haven't tried raspberry or dewberry before, but I'm willing to give it a go! The boxwoods are big (like, 3 feet) so I'll put aside some amaranthus for her.

o

Hi Sally - I will put aside both a Tropicana Canna and a Kerria for your mom for a raspberry and dewberry, if that's fine with her.

Darlene, I have a Kerria for you. If you still have St. John's wort, I'd like that; if not then some tansy; if you don't have that I'll just see what you do have - I like surprises!

Dannab1, I'd love some tadpoles but I don't know what I have that you'd want :(

Lin (barking dogwoods)

o

Carrie--sounds good, what would you like to trade it for?

Fairysoap--I just realized I had my old email address still listed. I updated it, so plz resend!! The creeping thyme and basil would be great though.

April

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here