Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carousel9906

wanted: mercer area spring swap info and rsvp

Jennifer Wolford
13 years ago

Hi everyone,

The Spring swap is April 9th. Please let me know if you will be coming so we can plan the food accordingly:)

Here is some general information about the plant meet that I send to everyone. It gives you an idea of what we do, and how to get there. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me. I'm a little slow to email back, but I will email as quick as I can:)

This was all started when a group of plant lovers met on the internet through various plant exchanges. Someone came up with the idea of a get together, and the rest is history. We meet at Mercer Arboretum, (Humble, which is right outside of Spring and Houston). We have a meet every spring and fall. It is a lot of fun. We get together and eat, swap plants and seeds, and talk shop. After everyone is full and swapped out, we go across the street and tour the gardens. No money is exchanged for plants, and nothing is sold. It's all about sharing and or swapping for something that you want to add to the yard:) Anyone is welcome! If you would like to know more, please email me, and I will send you more info:) carousel@plantmeet.com

Comments (11)

• allen_gw
    13 years ago

WE will bring sodas, and a couple lf door prizes Allen&Mary

• Yadda
    13 years ago

My wife, dog and I will be there. Don't add us to the food count, we will need to leave around lunch. I'll bring a bird house or bird feeder for a door prize. Yadda out.

• Yadda
    13 years ago

Anyone need pots? I have an over abundance of 4 inch pots and 1 gallon pots. I need large tree size pots.

• jardineratx
    13 years ago

Yadda, I have two 3-gal black nursery pots and one 5 or 7 gallon pot. I can take these to you if you want them.
    Molly

• heathertx
    13 years ago

Hey you guys! Does anyone remember me? I used to be a plant swap regular - and my husband ran the grill a few times many years ago! But the last time I went was when my youngest son was a year old and he's 8 now! I logged in here to see if Jennifer was still organizing the swaps and sure enough... here you are!

I would really love to come but unfortunately I'm giving a baby shower that day - so I can't make it - but I'm up for the fall! Just as well anyways since as of now I have nothing to share or swap. We really never started any gardens when we moved in 2004 - except a row or roses and some herbs where most people have landscape plants!! But the kids are getting older and I'm getting the bug again.... went to March Mart and felt like I had come home!! So, I got a fig, a mayhaw and a new antique rose... and I'm happy to say my green thumb has come out of hiding!

Anyway - Maybe I can start working on things to bring to the fall swap. Any suggestions?? I want to start rooting roses this fall - so maybe that will be something to bring depending on the timing!

Heather

• souf
    13 years ago

I talked to some people at the fall swap that said the spring has alot more people at it, but I dont see any postings of plants for trade. How busy is the springtime plant swap? This will be my first time

• Jennifer Wolford
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi Souf,
    There are posts on another forum. I will be happy to give you the location if you want, just email me. carousel@plantmeet.com This swap might be a little smaller as a lot of people have lost plants due to the frost, but I think we will have a good turnout...

• Jennifer Wolford
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi Souf,
    There are posts on another forum. I will be happy to give you the location if you want, just email me. carousel@plantmeet.com This swap might be a little smaller as a lot of people have lost plants due to the frost, but I think we will have a good turnout...

• Jennifer Wolford
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Things needed

Piggy bank donations to cover website costs -

lighter fluid

4 packs of hot dogs

6 packs of hot dog buns

Serving Utensils

shredded cheese -

chili - 2 or 3 cans

chips

dip

Water

side dishes

paper plates

paper towels

plastic ware

paper cups

napkins

paper tablecloths

SO FAR WE HAVE

Jennifer and David lighter, grilling utensils, knife, pot for chili, grate for grill, can opener, nametags

Nadine - serving spoons, leftover cutlery from last year

David - cookies... Hey David.. bring some for everyone else.. Tally keep your hands off:)) HEHE

Charcoal - Tammy

Brisket - Tally

Alan and Mary - Sodas

Clay - side dish

Christina - 3 rolls paper towels

Gretchen - 3 packs hotdog weenies and buns

Vicki - 3 packets weenies and buns

Elida - 3 loaves bread, 2 packets of weiners

Peggy McQuaid- 3 cans of chili and a quart-size ziplock bag of chopped onions.

Judy M - gluten free cookies or cupcakes, a bag of potato chips, bag of tortilla chips, plastic war, roll of paper towel

Nancy A - mustard, catsup, relish, pickles, paper plates

Marcelina - Mustard, Catsup, salt and pepper.

Seiko - dessert

Tia - dessert, dip

flowerful one - side dish

***********************************************************************************

Door Prizes

Allen&Mary

Gretchen

Clay

Vicki

Yadda - door prize and birdfeeder

Nancy A

Seiko - door prize

Tia

flowerful one

• FoxFire9
    13 years ago

Hi all...Cindy & Loretta will be coming to the swap on Saturday, April 9th...long time no see! HA...we will bring bottled water, napkins, cups and dessert plates. If I can get motivated maybe a dessert! Don't know what plants we are bringing yet...not as many as usual right now!

Hey Trish are you coming this year??? Later Loretta

• FoxFire9
    13 years ago

Cindy & Loretta will bring a door prize or 2! Later Loretta

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!