Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: wanted: gardening friends in/around Houston

Posted by umekoshungi 8b (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 4, 14 at 10:51

I'm a new gardener in spring. I'm hoping to find some local gardeners to do regular exchanges with. I'm interested in fig cuttings especially. I have veggies starting, and soon I'll hopefully have lots of fresh organic veggies and seeds to trade. Maybe we can start a club?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: wanted: gardening friends in/around Houston

There should be more up your way. Have to been to your local extension agent? They as well as your area Master Gardner's should be a great help. There should be many who have a fig tree or bush that needs pruning and would love to share their cuttings. I have gotten them to root just by placing them in a container of water and placed in the shade all summer long.

o

We have a big plant swap at Mercer on April 26
come join us.
Tally Ho!

Here is a link that might be useful: Plantmeet

o

and another swap in Livingston!
Tally HO!

Here is a link that might be useful: Southeast Texas plant exchange

o

Yes, the best place to meet fellow gardeners face to face is at plant swaps and garden clubs.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Texas are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here