Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Trade plants for floratam grass

Posted by plantmaven 8b/9a TX (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 1, 14 at 12:29

In the far NW San Antonio area. I can no longer garden due to health issues. I will give any plant to some one willing to dig them up and plant a piece of floratam St. Ausustine in it's place.

Ad from Milberger Nursery: FLORATAM FRIDAY
FLORATAM ST. AUGUSTINE
Available by the piece every Friday.
Weather permitting.
16"x24" piece Only $1.29

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Trade plants for floratam grass

I'd be willing to dig some up and plant some in it's place but can you tell me some of what you have? The duranta is beautiful!

o

There are 4 or 5 different rose bushes in the back and about then out front. Because I am still on breathing nebulizer treatments, my brain is fuzzy, so I will try to find names.
I will also post more pictures.

o

My room mate has spent the last couple weeks cutting everything back. This picture is pink to rose confederate rose/ hibiscus mutabilis. cuttings or dig.

o

2 crinums available.

o

pink yarrow.

o

Lots of blue plumbago, sweet olive tree 2 rose bushes. dark pink rock rose and some hardy amaryllis in this bed.

o

I have several pink and several yellow brugmansia aka angel's trumpets.

o

Lots of iris, but I no longer know colors or names. Very dark blue agapanthus, storm cloud.

o

pretty ground cover. nepeta racemosa

o

Sweet autumn clematis. Need to be on a fence or trellis.

o

Beautyberry bush.

o

red shrimp plant and fruit cocktail shrimp plants.

o

So sorry to hear your health has deteriorated that much. I know it must be very difficult for you to endure. I wish I lived closer and could help.

o

Asters and more plumbago.

o

afterglow iris

o

Brazilian rock rose

o

I am so sorry to hear this! Jim and I will be up for the plant swap and will come by and dig whatever is left and put in grass for you. We`re coming up on Thursday so I can pick up the grass on Friday, we`ll know how much we need at that point.
I love iris and am putting in more after my recent successes with them.

The first weekend in April I think.
Let me know if I can bring you anything from the island. I`ll call the nursery and find out about pallet costs.

Tally HO!

o

Talley! You are an Angel. Y'all can have anything you want. Many of the iris are cemetery whites from my oldest ancestral grave in Cistern, TX. Others are ones I have bought over the years. I know there are several reblooming, or at least are supposed to be. I will email you my phone #.

o

Louisiana iris. They were given to me by Jackie on this forum way back in about 2002 ish.

o

I love the Louisiana iris....................they are such happy little plants, and boy, do they multiply.

o

K-do you have a number for the nursery? I want to call and make sure they have some grass in stock before we dig up the yard. If not I am off a couple of weeks next month and will come up for a couple of days and get your yard done for you.
Tally Ho!

o

(210) 497-3760

They sell Floratam on Friday's only.

Here is a link that might be useful: Milberger's Nursery ...

o

Oh, Tally you are so sweet. But I do not want you to do a lot. Just come and see if there are any plants you want. If the plants are out of the we can slowly add pieces of grass our selves.

o

thanks Roselee!
Kathy, you obviously have never met Jim. He`s more hyper than I am. Lol!

Tally HO!

o

I can probably swing by after the swap and dig for you. Do you have the grass ready to go? If not, maybe I can come by when Tally is there to help. Please email me: lorelei@gvtc.com

o

The latest news ... :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Changed our minds ...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Texas are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here