Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carolann_z8

WANTED: Our Big Spring Plant Swap Near Ft. Worth~Sat. April 28

carolann_z8
17 years ago

WE HAVE EVERY PLANT IMAGIONABLE AND LOTS OF COOL PRIZES

PLANT SWAP/POTLUCK SATURDAY APRIL 28, 2007 HOSTED BY THE GARDEN GATE CLUB

DATE: APRIL 28, 2007 (TELL YOUR FRIENDS)

TIME : 11:30 to ?

PLACE: 1011 YVONNE DR. JOSHUA, TX 76058

TRADING MATERIALS : PLANTS, WELL-ROOTED, POTS, BULBS, SHRUBS, GARDEN ORNAMENTS OR JUNK ART, GARDEN MAG. BUNDLED, & BOOKS. PLEASE MARK CONTAINERÂS WITH KIND OF FLOWER PLUS SUN OR SHADE. USE OLD CONTAINERS & PLASTIC FORK WITH PERMANENT MARKER

POTLUCK: I DONÂT KNOW WHICH IS BEST THE FOOD OR PLANT SWAP. PLEASE BRING A DISH TO SHARE+UTENSILS (MARK YOUR NAME) AND ANY BEVERAGE. I WILL PROVIDE PLATES, CUPS & NAPKINS.

11:30 PEOPLE ARRIVE, SIGN IN WITH NAME & NUMBER OF PLANTS,GET A NAME TAG, SIGN-UP FOR DOOR PRIZE, PUT YOUR TRADE PLANTS IN THEIR AREAS. VISIT WITH OTHER FRIENDLY GARDENERS & VIEW ALL THE WONDERFUL TRADES. THIS SWAP IS PATTERENED AFTER A LARGE SUCCESSFUL PLANT SWAP UP NORTH. THEY HAD 125 PEOPLE & OVER 2,800 PLANTS.

12:00 ENJOY OUR WONDERFUL POTLUCK. AFTER LUNCH DOOR PRIZES. WE'RE GIVING OUT GIFT BASKETS, A LARGE WINDOWBOX PLANTER, BIRD SEEDS AND MORE.

1:00 ROUND ROBIN: WHAT WE ARE ALL WAITING FOR!! EVERYONE SELECT ONE PLANT. ROUND ROBIN 2 EVERYONE TAKE ONE PLANT. ROUND ROBIN 3 EVERYONE SELECT TWO PLANTS. ROUND ROBIN 4 EVERYONE SELECT 3 PLANTS. ROUND ROBIN 5 SELECT 4 AND SO ON. EVERYONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO TAKE HOME AS MANY PLANTS AS THEY BRING & SOME OF US BRING EXTRAS FOR FOLLOW GARDENERS.

TIPS OF THE DAY: PLEASE BRING A WAGON TO SHARE, FOLDING CHAIRS, TABLE FOR PLANTS, ETC. I HAVE A WAGON & SOME TABLES AND CHAIRS SO LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED TO USE THEM.

R.S.V.P : gardengateclub@sbcglobal.net or call 817 447-3438

I CANÂT WAIT TILL APRIL BECAUSE I RECEIVED SO MANY NICE PLANTS AT THE LAST SWAP.

REGARDS, Carol

Comments (25)

• sylviatexas1
    17 years ago

Where is everybody?

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I don't know.

I was just wondering the same thing.

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

They are just worn from all of the Spring cleaning, lol
    Or they are getting plants ready.
    I waslooking to see what plants were coming, lol

• daylily79
    17 years ago

Ok where is it at - how do I get there? I hate going down town Ft Worth sooo please tell me it is near the South side of Ft Worth!

Will mark it down and hope to come... I have no idea what I will have ready then but I hope I would ahve a few things ready to go.

Mitch (email me sylvia about his one and the details of the Ft Worht one too... need a plant fix... )

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi daylily, my dumb old computer broke so I have to post when I can borrow one. I hope to have a new one soon.

We'd love to have you come.
    The directions to the swap are posted on the club site. Our swap is the largest one around and it's 15 minutes south of Ft. Worth.

I'll post a link to our club site.
    Look at the plant swap forum on the club site and it will give you more details.

Here is a link that might be useful: The Garden Gate Club

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    17 years ago

We're talking about the swap on the discussions forum.

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    17 years ago

bump

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    17 years ago

bump again

• scuba-gal
    17 years ago

can't wait...my plans to attend were almost dashed when my father invited my hubby to attend a swap meet at TMS that same day - UNTIL my mother rescued me by offering to watch the kids so we could both do what we wanted that day! Yeah for wonderful moms!!

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I'm glad to hear that you're still coming.

Moms are wonderful!

We need to get a list going of what everyone wants and is bringing to the Round Robin Game.

I've been digging stuff up for days but I want to be sure and have enough of everything.

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Well, tell everyone to "look out" -- I will know better how to play it this year!! LOL

• melvalena
    17 years ago

Will someone please explain the round robin game?

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Just be sure to wear your track shoes, Mel.

• melvalena
    17 years ago

If there's running involved I'll just watch.

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Oh, no, Mel --- just keep your eye on the plant you want and be the first one to get to it.

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    17 years ago

The Round Robin Game is so much fun.

You take all the plants and line them up in a row then you count to 3 and everyone picks a plant. You do this till all the plants are gone. There are usually so many plants that at the end everyone just takes what they want to get rid of them.

We also have a free table where you can take a plant and you can also swap a plant there if you see something you'd rather have.

Keep an eye on Carrie Berry....she may try to get your attention away from the plant you want and grab it herself. lol

• dirtmomma
    17 years ago

Went to last year's swap - it's lots of fun. I plan to return again this year and bring 2 friends along. I don't know what type plants they will be bringing but I can bring:
    1. wood fern
    2. Hyacinth Bean starter plants (4")
    3. dark purple Iris
    4. Umbrella Plant cuttings
    5. Regular Nandina starter plants (2 ltr size)
    6. Black Eye Susan (4")

Here's my wish list:
    1. any trailing plant for pots.
    2. anyone have river fern?
    3. Castor Bean seeds/plants
    4. Coreopsis
    5. Columbine
    6. lighter color iris to blend w/dark purple ones
    7. any of the ornamental grasses except Pampas

looking forward to the 28th
    Dorothy B.

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I have lots of coreopsis and Jerry usually brings Castor Bean plants.

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Bump

• engravogirl
    16 years ago

Can I participate?
    I live in Godley - a stone's throw from Joshua - and would love to be there. I have lots to exchange:

Cherry Tomato Plants
    Pecan Tree Seedlings
    Lambs Ear
    Garlic Chives
    Charenthias "Lunchbox" melon seedlings
    Yarrow
    Purple Coneflower
    .....to name a few

Would love to get some Irises, herbs, and anything else that catches my fancy.

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi engravogirl, we'd love to have you.

There will be lots of iris and the Herb Society is coming to the plant swap so there's always lots of different herbs.

• carrie751
    16 years ago

It just keeps getting better and better, Carol Ann!!!!

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I know...I know!!

I don't even begin to know how many to expect.

Last fall swap we had between 35 and 40 this time it will be more.

• engravogirl
    16 years ago

I'm sooooo excited! Can't wait to be there, It sounds like loads of fun!

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yes, I'm really getting excited too.

We've been talking about it on the discussions forum. We reached 150 and had to start the thread over again.

Here is a link that might be useful: plant swap

Sponsored