Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: houseplants around fort worth

Posted by water0125 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 13, 07 at 14:20

Hello. Anyone needing to divide or get rid of their houseplants/house trees? I am looking for plants that are fairly hardy and will take medium indoor light.
Thanks!
--Natalie.
water0125 @ aol dot com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: houseplants around fort worth

Hi! I've got a lot of pothos - they're cuttings from my main plant, rooted then planted.

o

Thank you, but that's one of the few plants that I have!

o

I have several pots of Peace Lily you can have.
Let me know that you want them and I'll bring them to the FT Worth Swap.

I usually keep them outside on my shaded patio and drag them into the garage for the winter. I'm tired of doing that.
You are welcome to them.

o

If you have a 99 cent store by you, check it out. They've got lots of plants in 4" pots for .99 each.

o

Not ALL 99cent stores carry pot plants !!!!

o

That's interesting.
btw- I'm talking about "The 99 cent Store" not Dollar Tree or Dollar General.

o

Oh my Goodness ... if they carry POT plants the police may raid them. LOL sorry I had to do that.

I haven't checked here in TX but I know the 99cent stores in Phx AZ carried plants. I did look up the name & saw one in Irving so I plan to check it out to see if they carry them there too. If you look in the online yellow pages for 99 cent store you can see if you have one in your area then call em & ask em.
Debbie

o
Natalie

Natalie,
I don't know if you're already out of town but we can still try to get together to do our swap before or after you get back. Remember the swap in Joshua on the 28th. I'll be there too.
Debbie

o

I'm going to have some baby orchids and baby Christmas cactus at the Fort Worth swap, in case you are interested. Cheryl

o

The 99 Cents Only stores carry nice plants! I've gotten a lot of little gems mixed in with them...alocasias (African Mask and Black Velvet, and another one I don't know the name of),
anthuriums, dwarf bananas, several different varietgated englsh ivies, hoyas, goldfish plant, and lots of other house plants. I go every week and check them out.

o

Awwwwe Seamommy I missed your orchids at the Ft Wth swap. I guess I was too slow at amking my rounds. Do you still have any & are you going to the swap on the 28th in Joshua???

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Texas are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here