Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
melvalena

HAVE: Pink Wood Sorrel

melvalena
17 years ago

Oxalis crassipes

Anyone in DFW area want some?

Let me know and I'll bring it to any of the local area swaps.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pink Wood Sorrel

Comments (8)

• remuda1
    17 years ago

Melvalena,

I would love to have some of your wood sorrel. I should have lots of "extras" to choose from at the Trinity Park swap. You're welcome to pick of the litter :).

Kristi

• melvalena
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Ok Kristi! I'll put a batch together for you.
    Which swap are you planning on being at?

• melvalena
    Original Author
    17 years ago

well, duh!
    If I'd actually read your post I'd know which swap you're going to!

I'll be there...

Melvalena

• remuda1
    17 years ago

Thanks Melvalena, I'm looking forward to putting a face to your name and I love the wood sorrel. I have a spot in mind for it already :). You'll meet a LOT of really great garden webbers while you are there :)

Kristi

• melvalena
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Kristi, I've bordered/edged several of my beds with it.
    It came up again last fall, and stayed green all winter!
    That doesn't happen every year though.

• remuda1
    17 years ago

Mel....May I call you Mel? LOL.....I will bring some Four Nerve Daisies for you. These are native and are evergreen every year. They also bloom year round although sporadically in the winter. They grow wild here at my place and get no supplemental water. They've survived the drought of the last couple of years and now are exploding with all of the moisture we have been getting. If you could see the "soil" they are growing in, you would laugh out loud. It's like two inches of grey chalk dust on top of solid rock. They are really a tough and pretty plant. I've moved about a dozen to my garden beds and they are thriving. They seem to love the moisture as long as the soil is well drained. I hope you like them. I bet you go home from this swap with a ton of good stuff. By the end of the swap, we are all trying to find homes for the things we don't want to have to carry back home with us. In fact, you might want to post this on the swap thread.

Kristi

• melvalena
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks Kristi! I'd love some of your 4 nerve Daisies.

I've been to many swaps before, the ones held in Lewisville anyway. I've met lots of GW people... but not the ones from the Ft Worth end of the area.

Pondnut used to be over here on my end.

I can't keep up with the Swap thread and who has or is bringing what, and I don't want to be a plant hog. BTDT

God knows my heart and my garden. He'll make sure I have what He thinks I should have. :)
    I'll stand back out of the way and let Him work.

• remuda1
    17 years ago

"God knows my heart and my garden. He'll make sure I have what He thinks I should have. :)
    I'll stand back out of the way and let Him work."

What a wonderful way to look at it. We'll see ya there!

Kristi