Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wanted: Ft Worth Swap re-scheduled NEXT week-end April 14

Posted by sylviatexas z8a Tx (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 6, 07 at 11:04

Since the forecast is for cold & rain, we're changing the Ft Worth Spring Swap date to NEXT week-end, April 14.

Everything else is the same:
Trinity Park, start at 10 AM,
swap til we drop,
rose propagation workshop,
prizes,
potluck/shared lunch, etc.

It's my fault entirely:
Yesterday afternoon, I decided to make sure everything was ready, so I sorted, boxed, & labelled all the plants!

(It's like washing the car makes it rain & locking your cell phone in the car makes it ring.)

There may be a silver lining here, though:
some of the people who couldn't make it this week-end may be able to participate next week-end.

Thanks to all for your thoughtful input!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wanted: Ft Worth Swap NEXT week-end April 14

just talked to Bobbie Mason;
she may be able to come since it's next week-end!

Bobbie always has millions of plants, & she's loads of fun!

o
RE: wanted: Ft Worth Swap re-scheduled NEXT week-end April 14

I love Bobbie. She is such a wonderful woman. And a little crazy like the rest of us. Glad it's postponed cause I didn't really want to cook in the rain. But I'm still on for cooking next weekend.

o

Hi all. Count me in for next wkend. Oh, I would love some of the ''redneck lupines'' also!lol
tina_2

o

Yippee!! Like I said in the other thread, next weekend is the Iris Show over at the BG. That makes it a double whammy fun day!! And I'll have several roses, tomato plants, altheas, acorn squash, and assorted garden junk. Don't worry Sylvia, it'll be great as usual and a little nice weather is worth waiting for. Cheryl

o

Cheryl, what roses do you have?? I may want to see what I can trade you. I would like an acorn squash also.

Weldon

o

Weldon, I have Starry Night, Heirloom and a small Belindas Dream. I think I have a couple of others, but I can't remember what they were. Also the acorn squash are pretty small right now, and I have about 120 of them so you can have as many as you want.

Is anyone going to have iris? I have a new place prepared and would love some interesting varieties. I have purple ones and white ones and some purple and white ones! I'd love a few other colors if anyone has them. Cheryl

o

Uh, Cheryl, I have iris (Hello, my name is Sylvia, & I have iris.)

I have an extra Well-Endowed (chrome yellow ruffled re-bloomer), some Anxious (smoky lavender ruffled re-bloomer), Crimson King (very early/re-bloomer, historic dark red-purple), "backhoe" iris (photo on Part Deux), yet another rescue that I ain't even told y'all about, I need to run by the place I got it & see if any have bloomed over there to see what the flowers look like, tons of historic yellows, at least one lavender/blue ruffled, & Cinnamon Girl.

You can have one, some, or one or two of each.

I'd love some acorn squash & another rose, Belinda's Dream if possible but it doesn't matter, so if Weldon wants it that's okay; I have tons of space here, & can put in a Belinda's Dream later (when Miss Venessa has time to root one for me, snork!).

any of that tickle your fancy???

o

Youuuu betcha! Belindas Dream it is. Interesting history of this rose is that I got it several years ago from Botanic Gardens sale and planted it right away. It got real big real fast so I decided to move it, and lo and behold there were two separate plants in there. So I separated them to opposite sides of my rose garden. Then last fall one of them was so big I decided it needed still more space and I was moving it again. Well, there were still two plants in there. So this is the small of the two. It's a beautiful plant, has to greatest scent and the most beautiful blooms of all my roses, I was tempted to put it back in, but decided that two were enough. They never get diseases, or look leggy. I just love them. I wondered a couple of times if there really were three of them in that one pot or if it dropped seed. Whatever, it's yours. Cheryl

o

seamommy - send me an email about swaping for roses... I love roses and trying to build a few up for the gardens here and at school. Would love to trade for anything - email Mitch

o

Does anyone want to trade their 'Ballerina' rose...the one that has pretty red hips that helps the garden look good in the winter? I would luv to get cuttings if nothing else.
For trade, I have a small yucca plant, a small salmon-orange-colored rose (sorry for not knowing the name), a mini-red rose climber (beautiful, still don't know the name!),some President cannas if anyone is interested. I can't wait till Saturday!!

o

gardenstalker,
is it a Red Yucca?
turns out my friend Vi is coming, & she needs some red yucca.

Sorry I don't have Ballerina rose, but I may have something else you can use. Please check my list(s).

o

Hi SylviaTexas, This one has huge cream colored, mum-like flowers on a stalk and seems to bloom a couple of times a year. The flowers are very pretty but the leaves are pointed and sharp. There are a few more plants I plan on bringing. Am hoping for good weather tomorrow.
Hope to get to meet you. :-)
Marci

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Texas are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here