Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
plant swap fort worth - part four

Posted by dcarpenter z7 DFW/TX (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 7, 08 at 13:46

Barkingdogwoods, I believe I have some St. John's Wort left, but if not, I definitely have a large Tansy. You are more than welcome to browse for something else on Saturday too. Thanks.

Darlene

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: plant swap fort worth - part four

I just potted up:

althea (Rose of Sharon) seedlings;
no telling what color til they bloom!
fruiting mulberry seedlings
oak seedlings
mauve 4 o'clocks
goldenrod

& thought of s'more things I'd like:
sedums or succulents that don't have stickers or spines
hostas
Carissa holly
waxleaf ligustrum
abelia
Bridal Wreath spirea

o

Here is my want list if anyone is interested

Hosta
Buddelia
Butterfly Weed
Lantana

o

Hi Darlene, I do have clammy weed. They are small seedlings but do grow fast. I will be glad to pot some up for you. I checked your list. I like Queen Anne's lace or lamb's ear if you have any left.

Hope

o

sylvia - I have some red dragon sedum and one that looks like Sedum reflexum - this one was a volunteer out of the red dragon, so I am not 100% positive of the type. Interested?

o

sure!
sounds wonderful!

Please let me know what you'd like in return;
(my poor much-thumbed list just shows I'm to bring you some fabulous iris whose name I don't know but it's a huge brilliant purple ruffled thing.)

& I do have more stuff, I've been "potting" today; got some
blue mistflower & a
box elder seedling started, plus some
Paprika (red) yarrow settling in, & I'll be potting up some
orchid-blooming obedient plant tonight or tomorrow.

o

• Posted by necia z7 N TX (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 7, 08 at 16:47

Sylvia,

I would love some blue mistflower if you have any extra!

Thanks,
Necia

o

Sylvia - would you put me down for obdient plant and mauve 4-o'clocks?

o

Hi Hope. I have Queen Anne's Lace for your clammyweed. Thanks.

Sylvia, I would be interested in your paprika (red). I could bring you some Sedum Balticum or maybe Golden Acre, whichever you prefer (or both if you like). Thanks.

Darlene

o

Sylvia,
What is a orchid-blooming obedient plant?
You got my ears perked up with that one.
I'd like one if you have enough.
Thanks,
Debbie

o

If you haven't already done so - don't forget to go to the head count thread and let me know you are coming so we can plan for food/drinks.

Debbiedo - are your neighbors bringing plants?

o

sylvia, the huge brilliant purple ruffled thing sounds like it is more than enough for a trade of the sedums and the water iris!

o

Ok, just went ponding... have a ton of water iris if anyone else wants... and I dug some water umbrella plant... whew... have about 4 chunks of those. LMK!!

o

TADPOLES---
Wow, great response!! I don't have any jars so, I will just bring a big bucket of tadpoles and if you want some bring a jar!!

Lin-I would love some short purple mexican petunias if you have some left if not, the tall pink ones!

o

Barefoot,
I spoke to Lisa my other next door neighbor & she, her freind & her DIL are bringing plants with them. I don't know what they are - she's supposed to be checking in here with her list.
Donna is bringing plants too.

Still not sure if my grands -Melody, Brianna & Jay will be able to make it as they seem to have plans for that day.

You haven't made any requests from me. Is there anything your looking for?

Debbie

o

Dannab1 - I will pot up the short mexican petunias for you, in exchange for tadpoles, THANKS!

Sylvia, I'd LOVE a fruiting mulberry seedling (do those need 2 to fruit? If so, would you have do for me??). I've got some ghost plant and some succulents in my greenhouse that I'll grab for you if you'd like them... the others are already in Quitman so would have to wait for another week.

THANKS!
Lin

o

ADVICE--

they just delivered a huge storage building and uprooted quite a few of my huge purple iris.....I want to just bring them to the swap because they weren't in a great area anyway. Will the survive if I bring them bare rooted in a box??

o

So far this is what I have traded. If this is incorrect or you want something else, I have something you want/need I have for trade or whatever. Email me please. I will be at work most of the day tomorrow and I can not afford to be on here all day. I would get in so much trouble....

toadlilly :mixed colors - lil red bud, and Rose of Sharon double purple cuttings. For 2 or 3 varigated litrope.
Mommyfox: Cannas
planopondnut: red canna and salvia guaranitica for confederate rose
Carrie751: salvia, Turk's Cap, and cannas. for 2 or 3 Confederate rose
Barkingdogwoods: 2 or 3 Agave Pups. for 2 or 3 confederate rose cuttings.
tina_2: mixed bunch of daylillies - for 2 or 3 confederate roses.

If I left anyone out please let me know.

I am still looking for:
Purple Lantana - crawling variety
Clematis - any type but looking for parkseed's radar love
Honeysuckle -golden flame and dutch florida preferred
Japanese Maple - Crimson Queen - sappling
Coneflower - I have purple, looking for another color
Butterfly Bush/weed dwarf varieties preferred
Mandevilla
Trailing Rosemary
Black Eyed Susan
Ferns
ZZ Plants

I have
Several Confederate rose cuttings left
Purple Coneflower seed Heads

o
re:Advice

boy, was I tired last night when I typed that!!

It should read.....ADVICE PLEASE!!!

o

yes, iris will do just fine out of the ground for quite some time;
my "backhoe" iris (Gudrun-see discussions page) sat on a shady sidewalk for several weeks before I got them all planted last summer, & they're in gorgeous bloom right now!

o

carrie751-how about choc mint salvia for baby tears sedum

mike&barb: I would love yellow columbine for baby tears sedum

fairysoapgirl: how about yellow water flag iris for bouncing bet/soapwort (blooms pink)?

catlunatic: I'd like some lizard tail, dollar bonnet, polonasia if you still have some (ck my list on part 3:)

dannab1: I'd like some volcano plants if you still have some (ck my list on part 3)

sylvia: MULBERRY SEEDLINGS!!!!! OH PLEASE TRADE WITH ME!!! I really want one-ck my list on part 3 (maybe for baby tears sedum? Hardy/cascades nicely over a edge or spreads along the ground.

Carla

o
My have list

Decided to re-post list here:
Here is my list of haves:

cuttings: (nothing rooted)
Rose of Sharon-Diana (single, solid white)
Rose of Sharon-double purple
Bird of Paradise bush/tree
Baby tears sedum
Jew-hardy big shiny green leaves (same size as purple jew) wh blooms
not hardy:
Yesterday, today, tomorrow (purple fading blooms)
Peppercorn vine
Bulbline (orange/yellow bloom)
3 peices: Philodendron Mexican Breadfruit-lg split leaf

Baby plants:
Taro-Elephant ear-runs like pothos
Artesmia-lime light
Water parsley
1 Autumn joy
Oregano
Crinum-Milk & Wine
Bouncing bet/soap wort (pink bloom)
Money wort-light green leaf
White iris
Reg vinca vine (purple bloom)
Var vinca vine (purple bloom)
Oxlais (pink bloom/green leaf)
basket or octopus plant
3 purple oxlais corms

Carla

o

Carla, that will be great --- got you down for chocolate mint.

o

Carla,
What would you be interested in trading for your milk and wine crinums and/or purple oxalis? I have bunches on my exchanges page! Check it out and see if there's something you'd like.

o

mommyfox: how about artemesia and sweet alyssum for the purple oxalis and milk and wine crinum?

thank you carrie751!

o
Catlunatic

Catlunatic, do you still have clammy weed? What would you like in exchange?

o

Carla, I'm interested in your basket plant and bird of paradise cuttings. Let me know if there is anything else on my tradelist from Part 3 that interests you. If not, you can also check my exchange page. Thanks.

Darlene

o

Hey Brenda - I was going to bring you a big pot of mixed perennials and a bag of fertilizer, for my lunch.
What, do you think? As,I have been thinning things out.
So, I had a mix - of several types of plants. Plus, I saw your post that you have some sun, shade , etc....
I may, have grandson that day and he LOVES HOTDOGS!!!!!
We may have to cut him off!!!lol
So, let me know. Thank you, so much. tina_2

o

Hi Darlene - I meant to tell you that either the St. John's wort or the tansy are fine with me, whichever you have.

Had a scare today - the Avalanche narcissus was hiding from me (again!) - I moved everything and found it - WHEW

Question for those getting water plants - are you bringing containers of water? The small ones I have will be in baggies (duck weed, water lettuce, water hyacinth starts) -but the others will be in communal buckets till you take them out. I can bring newspaper and plastic bags if that's okay...

Lin (and Kinky)

o

ELEMENT321 - I have a nice pot of black eyed susan left, you want?

Carla - can we trade water iris for baby oregeno?

o

Carla,
I would like a cutting from your Yesterday, today & tomorrow & the basket or octopus plant.

I don't have you down for a name tag - do you want one?
I also have
Right now I can list that I still have these available
GUPPIES
(2) Stella D'Orro daylillies
(4) string of Bananas cutting
(4) Burrows tail cutting
(1) string of pearls cutting
(2) Hens & Chicks
Mother of Thousands (Kalanchoe tubiflora)babies
Mother of Thousands (Kalanchoe daigremontiana)babies
MG's Grandpa Ott, Lavendar
(4) Round Lambs ear cutting (may already have roots)

o

Brenda, do I have anything that would interest you, in exchange for lunch?

Thanks!
April

(Here is my Have list, so you don't have to hunt it down!!)
~Shea Butter Lipbalm--Buttercream (7) or Cool Mint (2), trade value 2.25

~Shea Butter Footbalm w/tea tree and spearmint (5), trade value 3.95

~Goat's Milk Lotion with Shea Butter (11)--lightly scented w/ Oatmeal, Milk & Honey, trade value 9.95

~Goat's Milk Soap with Shea Butter: Cucumber Melon (7), Lovespell (2), Ruby Red Grapefruit (4), Energy (11), Nanny Oats w/ground oatmeal (20), and unscented Goat's Milk & Honey (7), trade value 3.95 each

~Whipped Shea Butter with Aloe Vera Oil (5), trade value 5.95

~Gardener's Hand Scrub (sugar scrub w/ shea butter and finely ground pumice), trade value 6.95

These are all professionally packaged, suitable for gift giving. ;)

I also have plenty of goat "berries"--mixed with hay--sorry, I'm not picking them out. =) And I have free-range eggs too, if anybody's interested. I sell them for 2.50 a dozen...

o

to clarify just in case it's needed:

April's posting the "trade value" is to facilitate a value-for-value trade & to prevent misunderstandings & maybe hurt feelings.

Had she not posted, we'd have had no way to know that the shea butter with aloe vera oil is worth twice as much as the lip balm but half as much as the goat milk lotion,
so a trader would want to offer their bigger or more unusual plants for the more valuable things & their just-as-desireable but maybe smaller things for the less expensive.

o

Sylvia,
We have 2 fairly large bridal wreath spireas with double flowers. I think one of them has an offshoot we should be able to dig up for you. Would you like cuttings too?

Dorothy

o

Darlene: yes on the basket plant and bird of paradise, do you still have swiss cheese (is it an ivy, like pothos?), or agastache "red fortune", or money plant?

Debbie Smith: yes I want a tag if its not to late for you, for the Yesterday, today, tomorrow and basket plant how about 1 string of pearls and MG Grandpa Otts?

fairysoapgirl: yes on the yellow water iris for oregano plant.

Carla

o

Thanks Sylvia! I just wanted to make sure no-one felt cheated!!

o

Toadlily = Carla I have you down for the columbine in exchange for baby tears sedum

o
plant swap fort worth - part for

Thank you Barb!

o

Debbiedo,

My son and grandson will be stopping by and they will be happy to have some of your guppies!

Dorothy

o

apriltx - would love to have some of the cool mint lip balm. Thanks.

o

Toadlily, I can bring you a cutting of the Swiss Cheese plant and a money plant. The Swiss Cheese plant stayed in the greenhouse all winter and is just now sprouting. The agastache hasn't come up yet. Thanks.

Debbiedo7, my friend Maria can't make the swap, so it will just be my son and I. Thanks.

Darlene

o

Toadlily, I have you down for a couple of volcano plants, I would love a crinum or some purple oxalis if you have any left if not just enjoy the volcanos!!

Sylvia--thanks, I had completely forgot about your backhoe iris, I think I have one blooming as we speak!!

Lin--I don't know what I was thinking.....my tadpoles at school aren't doing well do you have any small oxygenating plants I could put in the water to keep it fresher?? Let me know if you want anything else on my list!

o

dcarpenter: swiss cheese and money plant would be great

dannab1: crinum for the volcano would be great! (I'm out of purple oxalis)

Carla

o

dannab1 - Dug my purple oxalis today... boy is that stuff hard to dig and keep the leaves on the corms! I have one if ya want it. I shoved a million corms into each little pot, so more should pop out!

Also dug today:
Red Dragon Sedum
Sedum Reflexum
Winecup

o

Hi dannab1 - I have some oxygenators that I'll bring in ziplock baggies. If you have any extra red salvia or volcano plants that would be great!

Hi seamommy - I am sorry that I couldn't find a pot of Spanish bluebells for you - I found a few small bulbs that I stuck in a pot with a few Thalia narcissus as a consolation prize :)

Lin (barkingdogwoods)

Lin

o

dorothy, yes, if the offset isn't too hard to get, I'd love that;
I haven't had luck with spirea cuttings!

o

Is the volcano plant the phlox? If so, and you have any left, I would love to trade for one.

o

Fairysoapgirl--bless you! I would love some purple oxalis, anything I can get you?? Everytime I move my pink and white ones they totally lose their leaves but come back nice and healthy shortly. Hopefully next year I will have enough white to share.

Carrie751 I put a link below of the volcano plant, its a salvia my blooms are just whiter than this variety. I would be glad to bring you one if you want it!

Here is a link that might be useful: volcano plant-mine has white blooms

o

Hi - This is what I have left, for the swap.
Just email with any questions.

1. a few pot watering bottles.

2. several really nice gardening books - covering most/ many areas of gardening with beautiful pictures and how to instructions.

3. all purpose fertilizer.

4. a couple of luffah plant vines , the kind that make the large luffahs that you use in the bath.

5. several jewel of opar plants.

6. pots from 4 inch to 3 gallon size.

7. a red garden cart - pretty sturdy , could haul dirt or plants in it or make a planter out of it.

8. *** cuttings by request - of mock orange shrub and red oleander shrub.

Here's what I need:

1. coconut liners for the metal hanging baskets.

2. Perlite for houseplants.

3. Canadium sphagnum peat / comes in a bag.

4. nice painted ceramic pots / medium size.

5. extra large - like 5 gallon or bigger planters - preferably plastic.

6. gift cards from - lowe's , home depot , walmart , etc.
Also, will consider other offers.

Please email me directly - with any questions as
I don't always get to check garden web. Thank you. - tina_2

http;//myworldebay.com/mizz_t2

o

Lin, thanks for the Kerria and Tropicanna, we will bring you both vines.

Brenda, I just realized that there will be more than just me at the swap (from my family). What else can I trade you for their lunches? More water plants? I can bring you an assortment. Also I have rooted a green and white variegated small-leafed english ivy that is adorable and stays out all year. I can bring it plus some more cuttings from the same plant.

Sally

o

• Posted by alley 7b Ft. Worth, Tx (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 8, 08 at 22:05

barefoot--what would you like for food?
element--I think that I have some black eyed susans (I thought they were yellow, but these are white--you can tell I just started). Do you want some?
sylvia--I have hostas if you still want some
toadlily--the bird of paradise isn't the tropical one is it? if not, do you have a spare cutting?

I have somewhat of a list posted where other people have posted what they're bringing.

I don't have a whole lot (and certainly not many big items). I think that I need to add daylilies to that list.

I'm looking for:
brugs
bleeding hearts
peonies (do they do well here? If not, I may take them off my list)
fushia

anything else is a bonus
alison

o

ally sent you an email...

seamommy... sent you an email

o

Carrie, I do still have plenty of polonasia(clammy weed). The seedlings are several inches tall. Pretty small but they are fast growing.

Toadlily, I will bring you Polonasia, lizard tail and dollar bonnet, Again I am not exactly sure thats the name of it.

I am glad that there are people interested in the polonasia. Although the plant smells yucky if you brush by it, it is a favorite of swallowtail butterflies and the snowberries(clear wing hummingbird moths.)

Hope

o

Tina,

I may be interested in some of your books. I have some cocoa peat that many people use instead of peat if you are interested.

o

Hi weenerdog - Sounds great! You can look through all of the books and make a choice. Thanks - tina_2

o
RE: Sylvia ......

Hey Sylvia - Will you save me a couple rose of sharon? Also, email me about the size pots you need. I will, put them aside for you. Thank you. tina_2

o
RE I just fell in love.....

Hi - If anyone has some columbine they can part with... I would love to have it. Debbie has some, that I really want!
It is gourgeous!!! Thanks - tina_2

o

Alley,
I would like somre of your
chinese lanterns, torch lily

I can trade you Stella D'Orro daylilies & maybe cuttings from my round leaf lambs ear.

Let me know,
Debbie

o

Wed, Apr 9, 08 at 8:10

Debbie--How do lamb's ear do in the shade? I don't really need one, but my brother in law is looking for shade plants. I could trade for that.
Alison

o

Alley, I could use a Torch Lily - what would you like in exchange?

o
dannab 1

This looks so similar to Lyre Leaf Sage ---- are they related and is it somewhat invasive???

o

Wed, Apr 9, 08 at 10:40

Allison,

I had Lamb's Ear in full shade at my old house. It did great. I actually prefer it in the shade garden because it took over my Sun garden. (Not as invasive in the shade.)

HTH,
Necia

o

Toadlilly - do you have any water parsley left? Is it varigated? Do you want to trade for anything?

I have water umbrella plant or a ton more water iris, sedums, black eyed susan, creeping thyme and winecup??

o

Necia, do you still have Lamb's ear?

o

Alley: the Bird of Paradise is not the houseplant, is hardy, it looks tropical:), its a 5' to 20' sparse tree that blooms crazy orange and yellow blooms on top of mimosa style leaves. Probably kin to a mimosa. Has pea like seed pods. If your interested in cuttings-how about a trade of desert willow (which looks alot like my bird of paradise growth wise), OR butterfly bush, OR balloon flower? (Notice the 'ors' whatever you have)-akas: Pride of Barbados, Red Bird of Paradise, Dwarf Poinciana, Peacock Flower, flamboyan-de-jardin
Caesalpinia pulcherrima; pic at:
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/2247/

fairysoapgirl: my parsley is var-white/green/pink tinge-want some for a winecup? (I love winecup and mine died:)

Carla

o

Ooo... YES Carla... please!

o
FTW Plant swap pt 4

fairysoapgirl: done deal!

catlunatic: please let me know what you'd like from me for the trade:)

Carla

o

alley and planopondnut - I'm not picky and I promise no one will go hungry. Water plants would be great and alley if you have enough black eyed susan (only white) that would be good.

dannab - do you have me down for volcano plant?

Also, just found out my sister in law, brother, neice and her two kids will be coming from Oklahoma. They are not bringing many if any plants but are bringing cookies - brownies. They are not expecting to take home a bunch of free plants just want to attend to see how it's done, and if anyone has something to share thats okay but if not that's okay too.

o
Extra name tags

Debbiedo - is it to late to add three name tags - if not the names are Linda, Heather and James.

o

Wed, Apr 9, 08 at 14:03

Carrie,

No, I didn't bring any with me. I was so tired of having to tear it out of the flowerbeds that I never wanted to see it again! I had tons of beds at the old house, but only 2 here, so there wouldn't be room for it, anyway.

Necia

o

carrie, I have lamb's ear I can bring you.

o

Thanks, Sylvia !!!!

o

Hi Carla, Do you still have the taro elephant ears? If so that would be fine.

Hope

o

Hope/catlunic: yes I have taro! Thank you-Carla

o

Brenda--
I have you down for volcano plants, tadpoles, bee balm and I would be glad to bring your family anything they would like off my list if you let me know. I can easily get bee balm, volcano plant, purple iris, reseeding native red salvia and tadpoles!!

Carrie--
I looked at the Lyre leaf sage info but all I could find showed large blue blooms. This came from Lowes and was labeled volcano salvia it has pretty small whiteish pink tube shaped blooms on a tall spike (wish I had a bloom open I could take a picture!) then after the bloom stalks are done it lays down flat and isn't disturbed by being walked on. The plants in the shade are more greenish purple and the ones in full sun are dark purple. I will bring one of each to show and hopefully a bloom. It seems to reseed freely but doesn't spread from the roots. I guess you could consider it invasive!! I am just happy it multiplied so quickly but.......ask me next year I just got it last year!! The way it grows it seems like it would be easy to just cut the bloom stalks before they seeded if you were worried about it going crazy. It is really doing well under my oak leaf hydrangeas and lantana as it is very active early and then just makes a pretty purple carpet under them when then begin to kick in!

o
Sylvia

Sylvia--
dug up a few evergreen little sprouts of some type to bring this weekend --wisteria sounds great. Pines to come later.

HAVE coral honeysuckle-- I think I forgot to put it on my list, I will go dig from the woods if anybody wants any. Since it seems to raining endlessly here it should be easy to uproot but I may need to borrow the neighbors rowboat!!

o

dannab_1 I just sent you an email about the choral honeysuckle!

o
RE: red oleander

Hi - I just found several rooted starts of red oleander. If anyone is interested. Let me know. Thanks - tina_2

o

• Posted by lisawall zone 8 - North Centr (My Page) on
    Wed, Apr 9, 08 at 21:18

You guys are so smart. I don't know the names of many of my plants. I am bringing several plants but I had no idea you guys were exchanging sooo many plants. When Debbie said you guys had lots of plants I had no idea. I think I only have 7 or 8 plant to trade. A friend of mine recently passes away and she had sooo many plants I was going to bring but by the time I got to her house some had died and many were taken. I will try to get the house trees to bring. Those are doing well and are available. I guess my plants will be a surprise sine I don't know what they are called.

o
location of the Fort Worth Swap

I could step out my front door and ask Debbie next door but I am too lazy. I am so jealous of her beautiful yard. Anyway, Just in case I can't follow her Saturday, what is the address of the Fort Worth Swap?

o

Hi, While potting up things for the swap today, I found a small sweet autumn clematis, and a start from a cross vine. I potted them up, is anyone interested?

Hope

o

Fairysoapgirl,

Would you be interested in some more alyssum for some purple oxalis or maybe some stonecrop sedum? Thanks!

o

Catlunatic - I've been searching for sweet autumn clematis - I'd love to make a trade - what do you need?

Thanks! Dorothy B.

o

dannab, if any volcano salvia are left, I am interested. I will have roses, beard tongue, spider wart, white iris, coreopsis

Weldon

o

Hi Dorothy B.
I have you down for the sweet autumn clematis. Without scanning thru some 500 posts could you highlight your trade list. Truth be told I don't NEED anything. But that has NEVER stopped me from taking something.

Hope

o

Jenn - Sure... I can always use more alyssum!! You got it. Were you asking for Sedum or wanting to give it to me? I have one Red Dragon left...

o
Questions

Weldon - what kind of coreopsis do you have? What type/color is your spiderwort and beard tongue? What are you looking for??

o
Re Post Question to Sylvia

Sylvia,
What is a orchid-blooming obedient plant?
You got my ears perked up with that one.
I'd like one if you have enough.
Thanks,
Debbie

o

Hi everyone,
My sister and I will be able to make it to the swap. I know it's kinda late, but wasn't sure cause the kids were sick with pneumonia. They are doing fine now so I'm potting up plants.

Here is what I have:
yellow flag iris - water plant
pink hollyhock seedlings
4 oclock maybe mauve or hot pink
chives
purple leaf perilla seedlings
jalapeno pepper seedlings
brazilian rock rose
white rose -has rose hips, spreads thru runners
agrave
aloe vera
spider plant/airplane plant
wandering jew
2 dwarf peach tree seedling

Not sure what everyone has left so I will list my wish list:
daylillies other than the orange ditch lily
thornless rose cuttings/rooted
candlestick plant - mines didn't make it through the winter
yesterday, today, tomorrow cutting
columbine
flowering quince
hosta

Thanks.

Kay

o

WELCOME---- kay75052---- GLAD YOU CAN COME
I would like to trade for the 2 dwarf peach tree seedlings. (as I believe that you have to have 2 to produce fruit.)
I have some Stella D'Orro daylilies & will be bringing other stuff to the trade that you can look through.

Thanks,
Debbie

o

Fairysoapgrl,

I was offering you sedum if you want it. I just looked at that red dragon and if you want some of my golden carpet in trade I will give you x2 alyssum and some golden carpet as well. LMK what you think.

o

Weldon,

I have you down for a volcano, I would like a beard tongue please!

o

Hello Kay, It's good to hear your going to make it to the swap and Good to hear your kido's are doing better

I'd like some purple leaf perilla

I have the texas gold columbine, sedum unknown name get's about 8 inches tall. Black and Blue Salvia, Lady in red salvia.

o

Catlunatic Hope - I have extra: turks cap, garlic chives, mums, wintersown parsley and swiss chard (small - good for mixed pots)- or look over my stuff Sat. Thanks for the clematis.

o

Lisa, just take I-30 west past downtown Ft Worth & exit onto University.

The University exit is a little odd in that it's a U-turn.
I-30 goes over University, so the exit is just past University;

You take the exit & it takes you around 180 degrees so that you find yourself facing east at a traffic light.

Turn left, then almost immediately turn right into the park.

Follow the little trail or lane around til you see a bunch of nutty people with plants all over the place!

(& I'm making signs this year, will place them starting at the park entrance).

Deb, I didn't word that well; it's just an obedient plant whose flowers are orchid in color.
I have plenty, will be happy to put your name on a batch.

o

Kay how about a yesterday, today, tomorrow for wh rose? Is it thornless? Bush, climber, sprawler? Carla

o

Hello, Kay, I am interested in the perilla if it is the Perilla Magilla --- is it? I would like two if you have them and have a number of things for trade. Let me know.

o

I'm so bummed!!! I won't be able to attend the Ft Worth Swap this year.

My DD has scheduled her wedding gown fitting with the seamstress for this Sat morning. I can't miss that!

I do plan to take the few plants I have to pass along to the Denton Swap on the 26 of April so hopefully I see a lot of you there!

o

Melva, Daughters, Son's and DH just don't plan these thing's out right LOL.
Anyone that is related to a gardener should know that spring and fall is our time :)

Sorry you can't make it

o

Weldon, I'm interested in your beard tongue. what color is it? Is there anything else on my list that interests you? If not, e-mail me and maybe we can work something out. Thanks.

Lambs Ear
Ajuga
Lysimachia - Golden Globes (rooted cuttings just recently potted up)
St. Johns Wort
Sedum Angelina
Sedum Autumn Joy
Sedum Balticum or Brevofolium (not sure which one)
Hollyhocks
Several different types of houseplants
Aloes (not the usual kind)
Ghost Plant
Savlia (not sure of the name)(purple bloom)
Tansy
Airplane plant (green)
Oleander (white) (cuttings)
Osteosporum (cuttings just recently rooted and potted up)
Rock rose paronia
Cannas - Tropicana and King Humbert Red
Queen Anne's Lace
Bee Balm
Amaranth - Intense purple (seedling)
Horsetail rush
lemon balm
Mother of Thousands
Night-blooming cereus cuttings (white)

Darlene

o
RE: looking for columbine, herbs, flowers ......

Hi - I was wondering if anyone has a columbine, herbs, flowering plants to share!
I have :
purple iris.
pink oxalis.
nite blooming cereus / huge white flowers.
loofah vine - the one that makes the bath scrubbies,
makes large yellow flowers.
fragrant, mock orange cuttings.
snow queen hibiscus cuttings- tri color leaf
( pink,cream and green) with red flowers, very easy
to root in a cup of water.
Let me know. Thanks - tina_2

o

I am looking for a post by someone named 'fortunegardener' who said that they had a pink brug cutting. I wanted to send an e-mail but for the life of me I can't find the post. Is that person still coming? Do you still have the pink brug and can I trade you anything for it? If not, Does anyone have a pink brug? I would love to have one and if I don't have any plants you want to trade for it, I may be compelled to wash and wax your car for it. Cheryl

o

I potted up 5 dame's rockets and a May Night salvia yesterday, if anybody's interested!

April

o

April - I am interesting in the May Night... but I am not sure what I have left for you! I think sedum and Black Eyed Susan are the only things we haven't traded for! Hmm... what else can I dig? :o)

o

My final list unless I overlooked someone:
Alley gets turks cap - me: rock rose
Catlunatic/Hope gets a choice - me: sweet autumn clematis
Debbied07 gets heucheras & mums - me: name tag
Gardenmommaureen gets ?? me yard amaryllis ??
Mommyfox Julie gets crinum, turks cap, Spirea root - me rock rose, columbine
Planopondnut/Sally gets crinum - me cast iron plant
Tina gets green or choice - me - vinca vines
WeldonTX gets garlic chives, parsley - me ??

Correct me asap if I'm wrong.
See y'all Sat.
Dorothy B.

o

Cheryl, email me.

o
Alley

Alley, I did not hear from you about the torch lily --- do you still one available?

o

LADIES, I can't read fast enough to stay up!!!
Debbie I will put your name on a Huskers red beard tongue
Seamommy- I have a pink brug that I'll put your name on.
dirtmamma -- look at my list and let me know by e-mail==
AND IF I MISSED ANYONE, please e-mail. May not get to the website in time.

Here's what I'm bringing:
BARB - Turk's cap
SYLVIA - kalanchoe - dbl pink, white, red/orange
TINA - pink brug, white brug
SEAMOMMY - pink brug
DEBBIEDO - pincushion (blue), kalanchoe, beard tongue

ALSO BRINGING:
3 spider wort (blue), 1 thyme-pink chintz; 1 white kalanchoe; 1 sedum - ruby glow; 8 coral vine-pink; 2 mint-1 spear,1 apple; 3 brugs-2 white, 1 ??; 3 oragano;
5 coreopsis; 1 pincushion; 1 Washington hawthorn -12" tall.

ROSES:
Sweet Sonata; Brothers Grimm; Mlle Franziska Kreuger; Belinda's Dream; Old Blush; Nearly Wild; pink climber- spring bloom (could be Dorothy Perkins); 1 red mini- Beauty Secret by Ralph Moore who, by the way at 101 yrs, is giving all his parent stock for hybridizing to TEXAS A&M!!

AS STATED, if I missed someone, or if you want one of my trades, PLEASE e-mail.

Weldon

o

Weldon, thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!! What can i give you for the pink brug? Cheryl

o

April - i would be interested in dame's rocket and may night salvia.

o

April I'd some Dame's Rocket and may night too. I have other salvia's, sedum tall 8 inches makes a really nice mound takes sun to part sun, red canna, columbine to name a few thing to trade and other items I'm bring for trading.

o

Thu, Apr 10, 08 at 17:47

I potted up some of my black eye susan and they don't look that great at the moment. I'll bring them and see if they make it. If they look too puny, perhaps I'll have something else to trade (barefoot and element)

I guess my email wasn't working very well, so here is my list as I have it at the moment:

Planopondnut-daylilies (for fall aster)

fairysoapgirl-hosta (for coreposis)

element--black eyed susan (I think) for rose if you have one left.

debbiedo7--chinese lanterns, torch lily and hostas (for tag and something else that I don't remember at the moment--I need to stick to one list :)

toadlily--shasta and/or lanterns (don't remember what I said in my email) for bird of paradise cutting.

tina--canna and medalian for brug (and I emailed you about the mock orange)

mommyfox--balloon flower for lantana (my gingers aren't looking good, so I'm holding off on them until possibly the fall)

mikeandbarb-desert willow for salvia (just some small seedlings at this point).
weldon--pomegrante for brugs (I emailed you that one)

sylvia--hostas for blue mist (I thought I read you didn't get them rooted--that's ok if you don't have them) and la iris

dirtmamma--rock rose for turks cap

seamommy--cleomes (they are white I believe) for brug (I don't care about color)

carrie--torch lily for ??

barefoot--black eyed susan (or something else if they get too puny) for food.

I hope I have it all straight.

alley (alison)

o

Dirtmomma I will bring you amaryllis. I'm sure I'll find something I would love that you have. If not they need to be thinned out anyway. I'm so confused at this point I think I'll just bring extras and hope to find extra's to trade. I know I won't be disappointed. Maureen

o

Maureen I know the feeling. I'm tired and worked more than I should Ouch and I'm not done sorting everything out in boxes. Hoping to get that done tonight.

I have done the same, dug up extras just in case I see something I'd like and hope to have something in exchange.

Found a clay window type pot long and narrow, good for sedum's or cactus.

o
April

April, If I have something you'd like to trade I would like to try your Gardener's Hand Scrub (sugar scrub w/ shea butter and finely ground pumice), trade value 6.95

Barb

o

Alley, thanks for reminding me about the brugs.
Darlene, my apologies, I said Debbie for the beard tongue, meaning you. Cheryl, I'll just look at what you have at the swap.
Bringing Killer Caker, spicy crackers and cheese for everyone==as far as it goes.

Weldon

o

debbiedo-this type doesn't require two to produce fruit. I orginallly just bought one and it did just fine fruiting. It took awhile though. I just love the deep burgundy leaves and the beautiful flower show it produces at the beginning of spring. I really don't eat the fruit b/c its very small. If you still want both of them, I will put you down for them. I already have some stellas, so will just have to check with you at the swap.

Carrie - I don't believe it's perilla magilla. I just love the deep purple and green colors on it. I also use it as an herb. It's great for salads, springrolls and curing a common cold. The scent is very strong so it does help to keep away some bugs. If you are still interested I will bring you some.

Barb - I would like to have one of your texas gold columbine for the purple leaf perilla.

Carla - the white rose is more like a sprawler, it will only get about one feet tall and semithornless. I would love to have cutting of your yesterday, today,tomorrow plant.

Darlene - I'm interested in your cannas. PLMK if there is anything you would like from my trade list or my table at the swap.

o

Hi Weldon - I'd love a pink coral vine, I have no idea what of mine you'd like but I'll bring whatever I have and maybe you can "browse". I could probably find a Kerria Japonica (japanese rose) or cuttings from a dark pink seven sisters rose (almost red).

Please let me know - THANKS!

Lin (barkingdogwoods)

o

This is what I have confirmed for trades. If I am missing something let me know. I am real scatted brained right now. I MUST be emailed for me to respond to you early enough for me to get this sorted out.

toadlilly :mixed colors - lil red bud, and Rose of Sharon double purple cuttings. For 2 or 3 varigated litrope.
Mommyfox: Cannas
planopondnut/Sally: red canna and salvia guaranitica for confederate rose and coneflower seeds
Carrie751: salvia, Turk's Cap, and cannas. for 2 or 3 Confederate rose
Barkingdogwoods: 2 or 3 Agave Pups and Tropicanna Canna. for 2 or 3 confederate rose cuttings.
tina_2: mixed bunch of daylillies - for 2 or 3 confederate roses.
Fairysoapgir/Michelle: Blackeye Susan
dannab_1 /Danna: Coral Honeysuckle several
mommyfox/Cheryl: gaint coneflower and lavender columbine seeds
alley/alison: White blackeyed susan for some purple cone flower and a confederate rose cutting if there are any left

Clematis - any type but looking for parkseed's radar love
Japanese Maple - Crimson Queen - sappling
Coneflower - I have purple, looking for other colors
Butterfly Bush/weed dwarf varieties preferred(not that important)
Mandevilla
Trailing Rosemary
wood Ferns
ZZ Plants

I have
Several Confederate rose cuttings left -very few. May have 1 cutting left.
Purple Coneflower seed Heads
I have purple crape myrtle suckers that I might be able to dig up.

o

Fri, Apr 11, 08 at 8:57

Attention Debbiedo, Weldon, Planopondnut, Barkingdogwoods and dcarpenter....

I just found out that what I thought was Persian Shield is actually Perilla frutescens. The original seed that I started with was labeled incorrectly. I am sooooo sorry! Now I am feeling even more stressed about the swap!!! First, I am worried that my seedlings are too small and now this. Ugh!

I will competely understand if you don't need/want the perilla and it won't hurt my feelings one bit! I just want everyone to me happy!

Again, my apologies.

Necia

o

Ack, crap - I just noticed that some of my seedlings have aphids. Anyone know a good way to get rid of them quickly so I don't bring aphids to the swap???

o

Cheryl, mix 1/3 cup Murphy's oil soap and one tblsp soda to a gallon of water and spray them. It make take a couple of sprayings. This is recommended for spider mites, but works on aphids, also.

o

necia - don't stress - just come to swap and enjoy and have fun. We've all had plant issues at one time or another. The important thing is the relax and enjoy yourself.

o

Necia, please don't worry, we're all having fun here. I'll take your Perilla frutescens for my fern and enjoy it. :-) I'm looking forward to meeting you tomorrow. Sounds like the weather will be marvellous!

o

Hi Necia - I had persian shield one year and it didn't do well for me. Waaayyy too finicky of a plant for me.
You got me wondering.... So, I looked up the plant that you have.
Actually it sounds a lot easier , than the p. shield.
Here is a pic. if anyone's interested in it.
It is a lovely plant and for full sun, can't beat that!
By the way - If you have enough , can you bring me a few?
I, just love the striking color of them!
I will have several xtra plants at the swap and you can browse- pick something you like. Okay? Let me know.
Thank you. tina_2

o
RE: Hi Kay .....

Hi - I am so glad, you are coming! I got, some great plants from you last time!!!
And, it's so nice to see a familiar face!
I will have xtra plants, maybe you can browse my table and see if you need anything of mine?
As, I know you will have some cooool plants!
Thanks - tina_2

o

Necia,
don't fret it's not the first time that happened & won't be the last either. haha
I have sprouts that the paper name label got wet & well I have some guessing to do & so will anyone picking them up from our table.

Cheryl,
If you don't have murphy oil - use lemon dish soap mixed 1 tsp to a gal. Spray on plants wash off the next day - do that for a few days til ya don't see any critters. (this will also kill bees & butterflies so be careful & don't get to soap happy) you can also spray your yard for fleas with this method.

See ya Saturday - TOMORROW - OH MY I GOT WORK TO DO

Debbie

o

Y'all got yer "mommies" backerds:

mommyfox is Julie,
seamommy is Cheryl!

I've been clearing out space by the Tradescent (Tradescant?) roses for artemesia or some such;
plopped a bunch of cannas & daylilies in there a number of years ago, thinking "gold goes with burgundy".

Bleah.

I've given *vivid orange* next to burgundy chance after chance to look better, & it just don't work.

+ I thinned the canna indica Indian shot (coral flowers, attractive to hummingbirds),so I have *boxes* of that as well as green-leaved Wyoming (7'tall orange), lemon yellow Conestoga, & then another box of Kwanzo daylilies.

I'll look at any trade at all;
whatever is left over, I'll take to Ovilla next week, & then it's off to my sis-in-law's in the country.

Make me an offer.

(what a rush it is to talk like Donald Trump!)
bwaaaa haaaa haaaaa

o

I am a pretty new gardener and all my cuttings failed... the only thing I really have to offer is a few "Moon & Stars" watermelon seeds. Should I even bother coming to the swap?

o

Hey Sylvia - I will be happy to take the coral cannas!!!!!
Thank you. - tina_2

o
RE: Hi rebeccaindfw

Hey rebeccaindfw - Yes, come to our swap and you can bring anything, related to gardening.
Such as:

potting soil.
perlite.
peat pots to plant seeds in.
pots of any size , hanging baskets.
bamboo steaks, to keep plants upright.
fertilizers.
garden art.
plant markers.
any type seed packets.
any type plant, cutting, start.
And if you have any plants or shrubs in your
yard- bring some cuttings.
and anything else, the list is endless.......
You can even find a LOT of gardening stuff, at the dollar stores.... for just a dollar. Just in case.
So, come on now!!! We won't let you leave
empty handed!!!lol
Goodluck - tina_2

o

Weldon, I e-mailed you before I saw your post. Thanks! What else can I bring you?

AprilinTx, I would like some of your dames rocket if you have any left. My tradelist is listed under yesterday's posts. Let me know if you see anything you like.

Kay, I have plenty of cannas. Just drop by my table.

Necia, don't worry about it. I would be happy to share my plants with you anyway. I've already got them packed and ready to go. Thanks!

Darlene

o
Thank you, tina_2!

Thank you, tina_2! I have been so bummed out that I don't really have anything to offer.

o
Goat Poo

Speak now or forever hold your peace!=) (I'll be gathering it up around 6:00 tonight!)

April

o

• Posted by dannab1 8. W. Tawakoni (My Page) on
    Fri, Apr 11, 08 at 14:28

Sylvia,

I would take some more kwanzo's....I will be bringing lots of nursery pots you are welcome to. I also found a ice plant in the greenhouse (we always called them fire and ice) succulent leaves with tiny hot pinkish red blooms. Would you like a pot of it??

rebeccaindfw- I sent you an email....come see me at the swap!

o
RE: April

Fri, Apr 11, 08 at 14:34

April -- I missed that you had Dame's rocket! I would love some if you still have any.
Here is what I have left:
coral honeysuckle
volcano salvia
red bee balm
native red salvia (hummers love it!)
purple iris

o

necia - don't stress - just come to swap and enjoy and have fun. We've all had plant issues at one time or another. The important thing is the relax and enjoy yourself.

o

Ooooh, Necia, Perilla - that's even better than Persian Shield - something that's not in the garden centers. SCORE!!! That sounds (and looks) like something I'd really like, so I'm all for this trade. I looked it up, and one of the web sites said, "Rub leaves on your skin and clothes on hikes to repel ticks." I can use that in my 15 acres of woods!!

Lin

o

OH ME GOSH MISS MOLLY!!! I'VE LIED AND MISLED THE WHOLE BUNCH OF YOU. IN MY STUPOR, I'VE BEEN SAYIHNG "CORAL" VINE WHEN INFACT, WHAT I HAVE IS "CYPRESS" VINE. SO SORRY.

rebeccaindfwm, don't you dare miss this swap! I'll have SOMETHNG you can get, just for showing up.

Weldon

o
re: Ecovert

ECOVERT, Nice article! I would love some worms, come see me and lets trade!

I have a native red salvia that the hummers love if you want some, or stop by to see what else I have.

ANYBODY ELSE-- have any coral vine?? I had forgotten about it until Weldon posted now I want some!!

o

Okay everybody - I'm about ready to head home for the day and may not check back in. But for anyone who is directionally challenged and would like my cell phone number it is:
4 6 9 2 3 5 3 5 0 1. Feel free to call if you get lost or can't find us once you get to the park. See y'all tomorrow. Come hungry.

o

Kay, I put you down for some Texas gold columbine

Boy, y'all have been busy LOL....I'm tired after all the work I did today and still have to load up my truck.

The best I can hope for is that I've kept everyone straight with who get's what.

I have a list so I should be ok and those that are getting more then 2 plants have their own boxes.

See y'all tomorrow

o

Hi Erin

I'll take some of your worms. Check my table for what you want tomorrow.

Debbie

o

Fri, Apr 11, 08 at 20:23

Thank you, Everyone, for your kind words! I was just a little stressed out earlier. I have all of my plants labeled and boxed up into April's car. Now, it's time for a little Kahulua and Cream!

Tina, I put you down for the last Perilla!

Erin, so glad that you can come! I think that a bag of worms would be really cool. Maybe you can do a little, tiny talk about how to raise them.....! Like Debbie said, just check at my table tomorrow to find something for trade.

Rebecca, thanks for posting your phone number. April and I will be leaving at 8:00 in the morning (right after I stop and buy the donuts! We can never take a road trip without donuts!) Hopefully we won't have any trouble finding our way. Will there be bathrooms at the park?

See you all soon!
Necia

o

I plan on bringing roses, bagged coffee grounds, and 2 to 3 gal pots.

o

Dannab1, I have a few coral vine seeds if you want to try them. I don't know anything about getting them to germinate, I haven't tried them yet. Let me know

Hope

o
Earthworm Poop!

Fri, Apr 11, 08 at 21:46

Hope,
I will try the seeds! We had the vine in Austin and it seems like babies came up around it that weren't attached.

CASTINGS--Not sure if anyone will see this but a friend gave me a quart ziploc bag of fresh earthworm castings with lots of eggs. If you are interested in a trade she would like something that attracts butterflies or hummers.

o

danna, believe me, I have enough Kwanzos to go around!

Tina, I have bunches of coral Indicas (April is taking some, & there are still about a million!)

Rebecca, come on out! I my own personal self have 4 o'clocks, cannas, Kwanzo daylilies...easy stuff that *grows*, & you can take quite a bit home!

ecovert, welcome & thanks for the wonderful article!
I will bring you some lamb's ear; it looks only a little bit depressed, so it's on its way to getting perky (lamb's ear always seems to go into a decline when you move it;
it does recover & grows well.)

sylvia
signing off for the night, I hope!

o

Hi Erin - glad you're coming! I would love some worms, but I really don't know if I have anything (not already spoken for) that you'd want. Maybe you can stroll down to my table - I'll be the frazzled one with the big dog - and look through my "mis-count" stash!

Lin

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Texas are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here