Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
xtal_gw

have: free: bamboo

Not sure of the variety, but do have a few pics if you want to see it. Now is the time to be digging it up as it's starting to leaf out. Never tried harvesting to eat the bamboo shoots, but it might be worth a try.

Ideal for starting in the curling format that you see around. It's flexible and can be trained if you know how. Be my guest.

Temple area

Xtal

Comments (8)

• Xtal in Central TX, zone 8b
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Mastersquidwardo,

Did we connect on the bamboo that you wanted? I've still got some if we missed each other.

Xtal

• mcc371
    9 years ago

I am interested in the bamboo if you still have some. Willing to do a trade or will pay shipping.

Original Author
    9 years ago

Are you sure you want to pay for shipping? Have you considered looking around your community for some. Once you have it, it's difficult to eliminate it. So, people are very willing to give it away. BTW, where do you live? I'm just trying to save you some money.

Xtal

• mcc371
    9 years ago

Hi Xtal,

I live in Seminole, Texas. Could you email me some pics of it too.

Thanks,

Tammy

Original Author
    9 years ago

Tammy,

Were you considering planting bamboo? I've got some pictures for you to see which I'll post in my next note. Are you going to grow it?

Xtal

• benita_lamb
    8 years ago

I live in Temple also and would like some of your bamboo if you still have some. my e-mail address is benita_lamb@yahoo.com I have a few plants I might be able to trade if you want any of them.

Original Author
    8 years ago

Mastersquidwardo, Tammy, and Benita,

After I posted this, I came to realize just how bad bamboo can be when you try to eradicate it. It's absolutely fearless and nearly impossible to kill. I've got so many stories now, none are pleasant. One location in town was trying to kill it. 8 times to spray it with "Industrial Strength Weedkiller". Imagine Johnson Grass. Then imagine what it might be like that is 100x's worse and then you are coming close to conceiving of bamboo.

Find a location where you can get some canes if that's what you want to work with. But, don't plant it. It's been on this property for 50 yrs. So, killing it may be nearly impossible.

Sorry to discourage you guys,

Xtal