Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Plant trade 3 May 09 San Antonio

Posted by tect_one 78249 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 14, 09 at 15:54

Plant trade at my home, 3 May 3:30-6:30. 7001 Spring Leaf 78249
Everyone is welcome, so bring your friends and family. No pets though, as mine will not appreciate the gesture.

If you have nothing to trade at the moment, gardeners need many things to support their plants and will trade for those things also.

This is an eye-to-eye trade, no tickets, just good conversation and old fashioned trading.

I have a few tables and surfaces, but extra card tables or such will be appreciated. Extra plants for those who have no plants to trade are always welcome too. Any plants that you do not wish to take home, will be adopted out, or given to Schultz House. Good homes will be found for them.

Pot Luck: If you would like to eat here, just bring something to share. I will have picnic plates, flatware and napkins available, and I think Carol is bringing ice chests.

Note: This is a trade only, if you would like pieces or parts of plants in my yard, I always happily share, but it must be arranged separately for another time before or after the trade. No digging or snipping during the trade.

2nd Note: If you haven't had your walk yet that day, come early; the new Leon Creek Park Walk/bike path has an access only 1 block away. It is a paved 10' wide accessible walkway that makes for a quite pretty place to walk/ride bikes/blade/ board.

Let me know if you have questions, suggestions or ..........
Vivian (vnelson2@satx. rr.com)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Plant trade 3 May 09 San Antonio

Hey Vivian! Just saying hi, I can't make it to that swap, as I was already going to be out of town. Hope it goes well and I'm sure it will be a lot of fun. BTW the purple hyacinth bean vines are blooming! It is so much more exciting to have success after having had failure with seeds last year. They are beautiful!
Tonya

o

Hi Vivian! I looked up the address and you are only 16 minutes from my house. I'm putting the date on my computer calendar (I love how it reminds me) and looking around for what I can pot up to trade. Not positive I will be there, but will try to come for the pleasure of seeing you all as much as anything.

o

I am NEW to this and have been trying to get to a plant swap hopefully this time I can make it happen,I do have ice plant (hot pink flowers), something close to wondering jew (its hard to kill)and some other plants that I mught be able to bring,

o

Vivian, thanks for a nice swap afternoon and the chance to see your lovely yard. You've done some great landscaping on your corner lot. Next time I'm bringing my camera!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Texas are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here