Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carrie751

WANTED: Kudos to Rebecca

carrie751
15 years ago

I think everyone who attended the Denton County Plant Swap will agree that we all owe Rebecca a very big "thank you" for putting this together so nicely. The crowd was small, but we enjoyed visiting so much, and the park is absolutely beautiful.

So --- Thank you, Rebecca - job very well done !!!

Comments (10)

• melvalena
    15 years ago

Yes! It was a great location, and I had a great time meeting everyone. I look forward to the next time we can all get together.

lesson learned today:
    When you buy a car, check those lug nuts. If there are locking ones on it MAKE SURE YOU GET THE KEY FROM THE DEALER BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE LOT!!!

Melvalena

• carrie751
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Never heard of such. I am assuming yours locked up, and you did not have a key!?!

• mikeandbarb
    15 years ago

Oh no, Melvalena did you have a flat?
    We just went through some ordeals when we purchased the SUV. It was a pre-owned, had a bad spare tire DH made them replace it with a good one and had NO Jack, they gave us one and a few other thing's but DH got right on the dealer and they made good on it all.

• debbiedo7
    15 years ago

Rebecca,

You really did a great job at hosting this swap.

I had a wonderful time. I got to meet some new garden friends & got some great plants & pots to carry home.

Thank You all for making it such a delightful day

Debbie

• melvalena
    15 years ago

Yeah I had a flat tire. I had no trouble finding someone to help me. As he was changing the tire, he but ran into trouble when one of the lug nuts was the locking kind.

I had no idea.. I never did get a key to it. But by the end of the day I got it all worked out, new locking lug nuts with the key, and a new tire.

The Swap was still totally awesome and I learned something new.

• carrie751
    Original Author
    15 years ago

AND ---- passed that info on to the rest of us !!!!

• mikeandbarb
    15 years ago

Melva, What did you learn? Make sure if you have locking lugs nuts get a key?

Some good info about plants?

Please share with us

• melvalena
    15 years ago

yeah Barb, the part about the making sure you get the key to the locking lug nuts.

I had no idea I even had a locking lug nut on each wheel!

• london_gardener
    15 years ago

Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed meeting you all, and thank you so much for the plants, and hopefully I'll have more to offer in return next time. The venue was perfect, and I'm sorry I had to leave early, and most likely missed a good conversation over that wonderful food.

My new plants are all in and settled nicely. I'm working on seeds to plant for the next one!

• rebecca150
    15 years ago

Hey, thanks everybody!

Debbie, thanks for putting up those pictures. Mel, so sorry to hear about your misadventures.

It was a pleasure to meet everybody. I definetly want to see another gathering in the fall. And maybe a casual get together over the summer.

Rebecca

Sponsored
Capital City Construction & Remodeling
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living