Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
debbiedo7

LOOK: Pictures from Fort Worth Swap

debbiedo7
17 years ago

First let me Thank everyone that was so generous to share you garden extras with me.

I didn't start taking pictures until after a few people had left. On top of that my grandkids had been looking at pictures on my camera & these are all I was able to take before the batteries went dead. LOLOL I got into the car & discovered that I had FRESH BATTERIES in my purse. I promise to do better this fall. hahaha

I have to say that we had a great time - froze a little - well at least until we had to lug all our loot to the car - then I sure warmed up fast.

Between myself, Donna, Melody & Brianna we had sooooo many goodies that by time we got my Durango loaded the 2 girls had to share a seat, Donna had stuff up to her chest, LOL we were so loaded up we thought we would bust out at the seams. Melody said Grandma how come we can't move & you aren't being squished? hehehehe Well I said I'm the driver & have to have room to drive. Donnas hubby came out of the house to help us unload, lol we unloaded between our houses & had to take a break.

This first picture is of Melody, Brianna & Jay in the Bluebonnets. Y'all got to meet the girls.

This is a picture of the Rose Class Thanks soooo much Vanessa. Donna & I plan to utilize our new skills.

Here's our cooks with the hotdogs

Thanks Barefoot & hubby

The rest of the pictures are just shots around our site then the durn batteries went dead so I didn't get pictures of all the trade stations or of everyone that attended.

SEE YA'LL IN THE FALL

Debbie, Donna, Melody & Brianna

Comments (30)

• sylviatexas1
    17 years ago

Great pictures!

Every one of 'em makes me smile!

• remuda1
    17 years ago

Thanks for taking pictures Debbie, I brought my camera but was too busy running my mouth and visiting to think of it in the truck!

Thanks again, it was fun seeing them :)

Kristi

• bo_berrin
    17 years ago

Great pictures! I took a couple during the *terrific* propagation workshop, but was too busy jabbering away the rest of the time to remember the camera! I wish I'd taken more. I'll see if I can get those posted tomorrow.

Did everybody get their plants in the ground today? I'm one big ball o' hurt. Houston and I got all the stuff in the ground that HAD to be in the ground immediately, and the tough stuff and potted stuff will have to wait till tomorrow. We worked all day, and just finished, and it's almost 10 p.m.

I forgot the sunscreen, so it's gonna be hard to sleep tonight!

Please pass the Advil. ;-)

• debbiedo7
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Who was it that I noticed taking close ups of the rose propagation class? Please post them. It seems like there were 3 of us with cameras
    Thanks
    Debbie

• sylviatexas1
    17 years ago

I got some stuff planted, nearly all the morning glories & the Belinda's Dream rose, but I had to move junk around & use that shovel & that garden fork & my poor ole back, so I'm rolled up in the same "ball o' hurt" as Bo!

But I'm so happy to have these things, & I know the rest of them will make me just as happy...as soon as my muscles unkink enough so I can plant things!

can't wait to see how the morning glories & honeysuckles cover the fences, & I'm really wanting to get the pine trees out there to disguise the bare corner, & then I...

uh-oh.

There I go again, driving down the highway of life & swerving off onto the garden path!

• carrie751
    17 years ago

These are great shots, and it looks as if all went well despite the cold --- way to go REAL GARDENERS !!!!!!

• tina_2
    17 years ago

Hi all. Great pics! Sure wish, I could have stayed longer!
    Sorry, also If anyone thought I was being rude or standoffish. As I was, litterally running to deliver everyone's plants. But Grandson's allergies & asthma are really bad. So, I don't dare take any chances with his health! He's been in the hospital more in his 4 years of life, than I care to count. I got some great plants & met some new gardeners , as well as the usual gang. What a great turn out! Hope you all, are happy as I am!
    tina_2

• bo_berrin
    17 years ago

There's Carrie! Y'all, after the swap, Melvalena was kind enough to lead me through the S-C-A-R-Y Texas Motor Speedway race traffic (I think some of those drivers thought they were IN the race) and took me all the way to Carrie's house. It sounds like many of you have already met Carrie, but if you haven't, let me tell you, she's one of the sweetest, most generous souls I've ever met! Such a beautiful, elegant person. And her gardens....wowwwwww....

My 16-year old, 6'2" football playing, size 15-shoe wearing, burly tough-guy son was worn plum out by the time we headed for home. He slept on the way home, with a smile on his face! Then yesterday, he claimed the roses, ferns, cannas, umbrella plant and crinums, and said those are HIS beds, and he worked them all by himself while I planted the rest. With Carrie's and your help, a gardener has been born! :-)

• bo_berrin
    17 years ago

Tina, not at all! Thank you so much for my pretty plants! I kept one of the luffas, too--I'm sure I'll be asking for advice on that one, once I can harvest some of the fruit or gourds, or whatever it puts out. Care to post your recipe for making soap? :-)

• melvalena
    17 years ago

Umm Miss Bo,
    We didn't get anywhere NEAR the race track.
    What scared you was normal Saturday afternoon Ft Worth
    traffic and merging freeway lanes/changing freeways. LOL!!!
    We traveled on 4 different ones to get to Carrie's house.

Ft Worth is more laid back and a lot easier than the Dallas traffic that's for sure!

You are absolutely correct though about Miss Carrie and her gardens!! It was a real treat to pull up to Carrie's and find JD and his fancy smanchy pot there too! :)
    Your son is wonderful. Claimed the beds as his own??? LOL! It will be interesting to see if he's still singing that song come July and Aug. :)

• bo_berrin
    17 years ago

Melvalena, are you kidding me?! Well, that shows what I know--I couldn't navigate my way out of a wet paper bag! I don't know how you good folks do it--I made Houston turn off his music and put something more calming in (he makes fun of my music, calling Yanni,one of my favorites, "Yawn-i"), and he tried to keep me laughing through it, but my knuckles were white on the steering wheel, hands locked in the "10 & 2" position, and I was petrified. You were a great leader, though, giving me plenty of notice with the turn signal, calling me often, etc. I really, truly couldn't have done that without you!

• bo_berrin
    17 years ago

Here's Weldon's beautiful bouquet for transplant cuttings, and Venessa showing us the coir to use as a transplant medium:

Here's Danna getting a close-up of the scraped, injured cutting just before the rooting hormone is to be applied:

• ambersas
    17 years ago

That swap was wonderful!! We spent yesterday putting most things in the ground, some have to wait til the garage is painted next week.
    We just got back from bringing friend Cyncie to DFW - she very much enjoyed meeting y'all too!

Hope all your beautyberries survive and prosper. We thank you ever so much for the goodies in return!

Dorothy

• debbiedo7
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hey Danna,
    Could you pretty please post the close ups for us.
    TY
    Debbie

• debbiedo7
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Dorothy,
    Your friend was so sweet. I hope she didn't freeze to bad being out there. I enjoyed chatting with her & LOL couldn't off load anything to her haha even when I commented on how small some of the cups were that she could carry right in her bag. I hope you had a great visit with her. Thanks again for the Beauty berry bush & for the wonderful apron. It will come in handy in the garden
    Debbie

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

Bo, Part of the traffic was from the races but that was nothing compared to Sundays traffic. I live right off hwy 114 and can see the traffic from my house and it was at a creeping crawl Sunday morning. On this day we stay home knowing how bad it is. The local police are out trying their best to catch the speeders but theres not enough of them to go around.
    I was very upset yesterday morning, seems that some of the people going to the race could not wait to get somewhere to go to the rest room, they came up over the hill right into our neighbors yard and peed on her house, not down in the bushes that is behind the fences but on her HOUSE. My DH was outside and seen the two guy's and yelled out at them HEY HEY WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR DOING. I called the police but I don't think they could find them to do anything about it. So now I'm even more upset about putting up with race fans.
    It is enough to make me want to move from this area.

• dannab1
    17 years ago

Just got in.....pass me the advil too please! I was taking the closeup pictures with Lane's palm and it didn't do the closeups....sorry.....not sure if it was the camera or my hands shaking!

Took me forever to get everything planted.....kept having to go inside and look up stuff on the internet...shade...sun...part shade....what was that called???? But I am so excited thinking about how the beds will look after they fill in!

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

Danna, you know we're all going to want to see pic's when it's all filled in, give it a month or two and it should all be beautiful.

• bo_berrin
    17 years ago

Barb, that's beyond my comprehension. Disgusting, and I'm not talking as much about the pee as the "peeple." It's those types that give them all a bad name.

• debbiedo7
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I agree with that being VERY DISGUSTING. Besides those same 2 guys could have reused their beer bottles that they had just emptied. If ya know what I mean.

• barefoot_in_texas
    17 years ago

Hey Debbie - nice shot of Ruben's (The Cook) rear end lol. Actually I think that's his best side. We had so much fun despite the cold. Spent Sunday getting most everything planted. Thank you all so much and a great big thank you to Sylvia for organizing us.

• debbiedo7
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Barefoot I still think ya should of grabbed more but hey you won't be as sore as some of us. LOL Then comes the Fall swap!!!! Yea I'm getting excited just thinking about it.
    This is a great group & I think we should all post pictures as our babies grow this summer.
    Tell Ruben sorry about the tail end of him, he bent over just as I was taking the picture & then my batteries went dead.
    Debbie

• melvalena
    17 years ago

here is Ruben's front end!

• bo_berrin
    17 years ago

If you haven't seen it already, check out the recipe for Weldon's Famous Crackers on the Conversations forum.

Here is a link that might be useful: Weldon's Famous Crackers!

• sylviatexas1
    17 years ago

"Hey Debbie - nice shot of Ruben's (The Cook) rear end."

"Barefoot I still think ya should of grabbed more."

interesting things you read on a gardening forum...

• debbiedo7
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Sylvia especially when you take it out of context. haha
    More plants. She has Ruben at home with her. hahaha LOLOL

Hey Melvalena much better picture of Ruben.

Ruben you did a great job cooking for us.

• barefoot_in_texas
    17 years ago

Thanks guys

• debbiedo7
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I had several people request the recipe for the Pumpkin Bread. It is from allrecipes.com
    copy & paste below address into your browser.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pumpkin-Bread-IV/Detail.aspx

I used 1 large can of pumpkin, it was a tad more than called for but it turns out well.
    With this recipe you will see that you can reduce the qty if you want. Happy Eating THIS IS EASY to make
    Debbie

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

You could cut the recipe into thirds if you want to make just one loaf.

• debbiedo7
    Original Author
    17 years ago

yes Barb you can do that on the website & it will give you all the new measurements
    Debbie

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting