HAVE: Photos Ft Worth Swap!!

sylviatexas1
17 years ago

Heeeere's Barb!

Comments (13)

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    17 years ago

....but he's already a budding gardener!

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    17 years ago

{{gwi:1317878}}

Hey, Weldon, what's that in the gray planter?
    the one where the big plant was cut down & there's new growth coming up at the side?

(It's cooling its heels under my sycamore tree right now!)

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    17 years ago

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    17 years ago

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I'll just put this one in my mouth, Mom.
    Let me just pull this one out of its pot for you, Mom
    I can get that flower off that stem, Mom...

Gosh, Mom, what would you do without me???

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I have a few more if y'all want them posted, let me know

(but let me know maybe tomorrow when I've recovered somewhat!)

• venessa
    17 years ago

Great pictures Sylvia. Did you have fun at the flower sale? Get anything good?

I had a great time today. It was a lot of fun and enjoyed meeting the new folks.

• kay75052
    17 years ago

Hi Sylvia, great pictures, especially ones of my budding gardener! He already loves the outdoors and fishes so hopefully he will be a good gardener too :-)

Lena

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    17 years ago

The flower sale/show was fun:
    Tina & I each got a small pot of Orange Profusion Zinnias.

They're wonderful plants:
    12" tall (so they don't flop like bigger zinnias), brilliant unfading flowers until a hard frost, low water needs, & butterflies & bees love 'em.

• remuda1
    17 years ago

It was so much fun. So many nice people and so many nice plants. If I buy the steaks are you all going to come help me plant all of this stuff? We can do it right after we put the new beds in! Ahhhh, but there's nothing like looking at a bunch of plants in pots to get the sweat flowing!

Cathy's husband said that he just does what she tells him to do. Cathy, could you please tell him to come over here and to bring a shovel with him?

Thank you everyone for everything and thanks to Barb and Sylvia for all the hard work.

Kristi

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

Thanks to everyone that came and made this swap a great one. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves. Sylvia isn't the budding gardener a doll, great pictures of him.
    I sure came home with lots more than I planned on but have already started putting some in their new home.
    I agree it was great seeing old friends and meeting new ones. Kristi Thank you for the fruit it was wonderful and a big hit with everyone.
    Sylvia that plant is Confederate rose, Weldon said that it never bloomed for him that is why he dug it up, good luck hope it flowers for you.

• weldontx
    17 years ago

Barb's right, Sylvia. I grew this from a seed exchange. It grew 8' tall and 5' wide, so stick it in the back 40 somewhere and I hope it blooms profusely---send pics if it does. REALLY enjoyed visiting with everyone and came home, as usual, with a lot more than I intended. Cathy, Old Blush was sitting right there where I left her, waiting for me to come back and pick her up.
    May your gardens grow profusely and bloom with grace and beauty.
    Weldon

• leaz7b
    17 years ago

It looks like everyone had a great time. I'm so sorry I missed seeing everyone. I was right, though. Our nephew came with three starving college buddies! It was great seeing him and his friends, but I really hate that I missed all of you. Thanks for the pics! Lea