Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Texas Rare Fruit Growers Meeting May 4th

Posted by katyrarefruitgrower 9a (txrarefruitgrowers@sbcglobal.net) on
Mon, Apr 21, 08 at 21:18

Meeting Info
We have a different location and day for our next meeting. One of our members Rick Matt has graciously invited us to have our meeting at his U-Pick Farm. He has a pick-your-own operation, selling by the pound. The orchard has 100 Jujube, 1,100 Asia Persimmon, 200 Asian pear, 300 fig, 20 Sweet cherry, 5,000 blackberry, pomegranate, they collect honey, provide tours and a pumpkin patch in October.
This meeting we be held on May 4th Sunday afternoon at 2:30. I hope everyone can make it. We should have an opportunity to tour a u-pick farm and share rare fruit information.
Meeting Agenda:
Meet and Greet
Overview and tour of Matt Farm
Topic Jaboticaba and Cherry of Rio Grande Planning to have some of each in containers so the people who are not growing them can see them. Also plan to have some for sale for those who are interested.
Scion, seed and Plant Exchange.
Future meetings.
Anything Else.
If you have any questions or comments please don't hesitate.
Also all that plan to attend please drop me a short line so we know how many to are going to attend. If you don't know to the last minute that will be fine also.
Link to directions:
http://www.mattfamilyorchard.com/contact.php
Thanks,
Ed

txrarefruitgrowers@sbcglobal.net

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Texas Rare Fruit Growers Meeting May 4th

What a wonderful opportunity! I've already reserved my Cherry of Rio Grande (now WHERE will I put it??) and printed directions to get there.
Ya'll come out. It'll be a lot of fun. And if you don't know Ed he knows EVERYTHING about growing exotic/rare fruit here.
Ed-where can I get star fruit plants? Caldwell?
Tally HO!

o

I was at Cornelius on Dairy Ashford RD this week and they had some nice Star Fruit plants for sale. They also had Cacao, Dragon Fruit and Avocados.

Good Luck!

Ed

o

I will also have some cherimoya and sugar apple seeds to give away at the meeting.

Ed

Katy, Texas

o
RE: Texas Rare Fruit Growers

LOOKING FOR MEMBERS OF TEXAS RARE FRUIT GROWERS. PLEASE CONTACT ME AT DKIRTEX@GMAIL.COM

Danny Kirkland
Marshall Tx

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Texas are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here