Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sylviatexas1

wanted: invitation to the ft worth spring swap: rsvp

sylviatexas1
17 years ago

Planning lunches & such would be easier if we had a general idea of how many people will attend.

Please just post to this thread, & let us know "how many in your party". (I know some are bringing kiddoes & spouses & stuff).

Remember:

It does not matter if you don't have much, or even *anything* to trade.

There'll be tons of "free-to-good-home" plants, & you'll get to put faces to Texas Forum names, & the company is always lively, entertaining, & educational.

so please chime in!

Comments (35)

• ambersas
    17 years ago

My husband and I will be there.

Dorothy

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

2 in my party, me and son

• debbiedo7
    17 years ago

I wish I could give a better count but I have me & Donna confirmed. Donna's son & a friend may attend & I also have 2 little grandaughters & maybe 1 other friend that may come.

All that to say 2 confirmed & 5 maybe's

I figured that I would also bring a couple packs of hotdogs & buns to make sure we have enough. Who's bringing the ketchup & mustard?

Debbie

• remuda1
    17 years ago

Me and my Mom.

Kristi

• melvalena
    17 years ago

Just me.... don't include me in the hot dog count though.

• dannab1
    17 years ago

Two for me! My husband and I will be there.

Danna

• tina_2
    17 years ago

Hey - I am bringing - grandson & dh, so that makes 3 of us.
    tina_2

• daylily79
    17 years ago

I am coming. Maybe with son - wife might keep him here if she can stay home.

I invited and might come - 3 teachers with spouses... they might be there.

• liz_h
    17 years ago

sylvia, unfortuantely I won't be able to make it. I was looking forward to those kolanchoes!

• venessa
    17 years ago

Even though I haven't had a chance to post much I will definitely be there.

• remuda1
    17 years ago

I sent Vanessa an email.....Sure hope she gets it!!

Kristi

• melvalena
    17 years ago

I called her and left a message just to be on the safe side. Hope she checks her voice mail more regularly than I do!

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Liz, we've moved the date to the 14th due to cold & rainy weather forecast.

hope you can come that week-end.

I have kolanchoes & a couple of different kinds of vinca groundcover for you.

• debbiedo7
    17 years ago

Donna & I plan to be there on the 14th.
    I will most likely have 2 grandaughters with me & may have 3 other guests - won't know until next week.
    If they come I will bring the extra hot dogs & buns. Ok
    Debbie

• txgarden57
    17 years ago

I'll be there as will my wife and daughter.

• sshuang
    17 years ago

We will be unable to attend on Apr 14 due to prior commitment.

Sherman

• kay75052
    17 years ago

I will be there with my sister and two boys.

• barefoot_in_texas
    17 years ago

Thanks for posting this Sylvia. Will sure help me to plan. For me - its me and DH.

• seamommy
    17 years ago

I'll be there, and I'm bringing my mom and my sister. My girlfriend from work, Gwen, will be meeting us there as well, so that's 4 for the Seamommy Party, please. I just assumed since there were so many responses, that anyone bringing food had better bring a bunch of it. Cheryl

• weldontx
    17 years ago

Looks good for me. Hope to be there by 11 a.m. will bring some seasoned crackers and cheese. Still have the plants listed before ( except a couple that I got talked out of) But still have those that were committed.
    Barb, if you still want to come on Fri and pick up the plants to get them there early, you are welcome to do so.
    Also, ANY of you are welcome to come smell the roses. Have a few real stinkers!!

Weldon

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Looks like 3 from my area:

me
    Bobbie (remember the swap at her house one year?)
    & my friend Vi

I'm hoping Vi can get her hubs's pick-up truck (the better to haul a truckload of plants, my dear!)

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

Weldon, I'll get in touch with you.
    Barb

• barefoot_in_texas
    17 years ago

Not to worry about food. I always bring waaaaaayy too much. So I'll have the hot dogs covered. I'm also bringing plenty of coke, diet coke and bottled water. I'll check in on Friday for an estimated head count and will come fully prepared.

• remuda1
    17 years ago

"I always bring waaaaaayy too much"

LOL, I guess the husband and kids know "what's for supper" for a while after the swap, huh??

Kristi

• sowngrow (8a)
    17 years ago

I'm hoping to come and bring my daughter. It looks like we've got a repeat of last week's storm, coming through beginning tomorrow morning so it'll depend on the weather, of course.
    Robin

• dirtmomma
    17 years ago

count me in for 1
    Dorothy B.

• bo_berrin
    17 years ago

I finally got everything arranged/rearranged, and I can come! I was afraid I might not be able to make it, but everything finally worked out. I'll be bringing my 16-year old son for company on the FIVE hours of driving for this trip, not counting the driving we'll do running around Ft. Worth! Count us in, party of two.

• barefoot_in_texas
    17 years ago

I think we are up to about 50 now. With some of those being "maybes". I'm also bringing plenty of catsup, mustard, sweet pickle relish and hot dog relish. Y'all really don't need to bring extra dogs or buns. Trust me, we will have plenty. And the good part is, DH is able to tag along so he will be our cook for the day. Since I have very few plants to trade, this is my contribution and I am happy to do it.

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

I hope the rain stops early Saturday. I plan on being there, maybe under a big umbrella LOL but will be there.

• seamommy
    17 years ago

I'll bring the DEET. Cheryl

• ambersas
    17 years ago

DH and I are still planning to make that long drive too (2.5 hours) but feel it should be worth it! We'll bring a friend and aprons and beauty berries and watercress and liriope.

Dorothy

• melvalena
    17 years ago

Since its looking like its going to feel chilly at the swap I plan to bring a hot drink set up. Coffee, tea, cocoa, apple cider for those who might want to hold something warm in their hands.

• remuda1
    17 years ago

Excellent idea Melvalena, thank you!

Kristi

• tina_2
    17 years ago

Hi all. Has anyone seen this? You may want to check the site. It sounds very interesting. It sounds like a nice plant sale. Also, the proceeds go to restoring the place.
    Just thought, I would mention it. tina_2

http://www.southsidepreservation.com/

• bo_berrin
    17 years ago

Melvalena, AWESOME idea. Sounds great!

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH