Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wanted: invitation to the ft worth spring swap: rsvp

Posted by sylviatexas z8a Tx (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 4, 07 at 21:52

Planning lunches & such would be easier if we had a general idea of how many people will attend.

Please just post to this thread, & let us know "how many in your party". (I know some are bringing kiddoes & spouses & stuff).

Remember:

It does not matter if you don't have much, or even *anything* to trade.

There'll be tons of "free-to-good-home" plants, & you'll get to put faces to Texas Forum names, & the company is always lively, entertaining, & educational.

so please chime in!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wanted: invitation to the ft worth spring swap: rsvp

My husband and I will be there.

Dorothy

o

2 in my party, me and son

o

I wish I could give a better count but I have me & Donna confirmed. Donna's son & a friend may attend & I also have 2 little grandaughters & maybe 1 other friend that may come.

All that to say 2 confirmed & 5 maybe's

I figured that I would also bring a couple packs of hotdogs & buns to make sure we have enough. Who's bringing the ketchup & mustard?

Debbie

o

Me and my Mom.

Kristi

o

Just me.... don't include me in the hot dog count though.

o

Two for me! My husband and I will be there.

Danna

o

Hey - I am bringing - grandson & dh, so that makes 3 of us.
tina_2

o

I am coming. Maybe with son - wife might keep him here if she can stay home.

I invited and might come - 3 teachers with spouses... they might be there.

o

sylvia, unfortuantely I won't be able to make it. I was looking forward to those kolanchoes!

o

Even though I haven't had a chance to post much I will definitely be there.

o

I sent Vanessa an email.....Sure hope she gets it!!

Kristi

o

I called her and left a message just to be on the safe side. Hope she checks her voice mail more regularly than I do!

o

Liz, we've moved the date to the 14th due to cold & rainy weather forecast.

hope you can come that week-end.

I have kolanchoes & a couple of different kinds of vinca groundcover for you.

o

Donna & I plan to be there on the 14th.
I will most likely have 2 grandaughters with me & may have 3 other guests - won't know until next week.
If they come I will bring the extra hot dogs & buns. Ok
Debbie

o

I'll be there as will my wife and daughter.

o
Unable to attend

We will be unable to attend on Apr 14 due to prior commitment.

Sherman

o

I will be there with my sister and two boys.

o

Thanks for posting this Sylvia. Will sure help me to plan. For me - its me and DH.

o

I'll be there, and I'm bringing my mom and my sister. My girlfriend from work, Gwen, will be meeting us there as well, so that's 4 for the Seamommy Party, please. I just assumed since there were so many responses, that anyone bringing food had better bring a bunch of it. Cheryl

o

Looks good for me. Hope to be there by 11 a.m. will bring some seasoned crackers and cheese. Still have the plants listed before ( except a couple that I got talked out of) But still have those that were committed.
Barb, if you still want to come on Fri and pick up the plants to get them there early, you are welcome to do so.
Also, ANY of you are welcome to come smell the roses. Have a few real stinkers!!

Weldon

o

Looks like 3 from my area:

me
Bobbie (remember the swap at her house one year?)
& my friend Vi

I'm hoping Vi can get her hubs's pick-up truck (the better to haul a truckload of plants, my dear!)

o

Weldon, I'll get in touch with you.
Barb

o

Not to worry about food. I always bring waaaaaayy too much. So I'll have the hot dogs covered. I'm also bringing plenty of coke, diet coke and bottled water. I'll check in on Friday for an estimated head count and will come fully prepared.

o

"I always bring waaaaaayy too much"

LOL, I guess the husband and kids know "what's for supper" for a while after the swap, huh??

Kristi

o

I'm hoping to come and bring my daughter. It looks like we've got a repeat of last week's storm, coming through beginning tomorrow morning so it'll depend on the weather, of course.
Robin

o

count me in for 1
Dorothy B.

o

I finally got everything arranged/rearranged, and I can come! I was afraid I might not be able to make it, but everything finally worked out. I'll be bringing my 16-year old son for company on the FIVE hours of driving for this trip, not counting the driving we'll do running around Ft. Worth! Count us in, party of two.

o

I think we are up to about 50 now. With some of those being "maybes". I'm also bringing plenty of catsup, mustard, sweet pickle relish and hot dog relish. Y'all really don't need to bring extra dogs or buns. Trust me, we will have plenty. And the good part is, DH is able to tag along so he will be our cook for the day. Since I have very few plants to trade, this is my contribution and I am happy to do it.

o

I hope the rain stops early Saturday. I plan on being there, maybe under a big umbrella LOL but will be there.

o

I'll bring the DEET. Cheryl

o

DH and I are still planning to make that long drive too (2.5 hours) but feel it should be worth it! We'll bring a friend and aprons and beauty berries and watercress and liriope.

Dorothy

o

Since its looking like its going to feel chilly at the swap I plan to bring a hot drink set up. Coffee, tea, cocoa, apple cider for those who might want to hold something warm in their hands.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

Excellent idea Melvalena, thank you!

Kristi

o

Hi all. Has anyone seen this? You may want to check the site. It sounds very interesting. It sounds like a nice plant sale. Also, the proceeds go to restoring the place.
Just thought, I would mention it. tina_2

http://www.southsidepreservation.com/

o

Melvalena, AWESOME idea. Sounds great!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Texas are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here