Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Thank You for the Plant Swap & Iris Tour 04/01/06

Posted by yoyo75052 N-TX (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 1, 06 at 22:00

Bobbie and Sylvia,

Thank you for putting together this plant swap. It's always nice to be at the swap with you and all the familiar and new friendly faces there. As usual, we always wound up with more plants that we brought there. And with the iris tour, I can not believe the 750+ varieties of irises. It is truly a labor of love for you, Bobbie. Everyone should be at your house when the irises are blooming. Again, thank you for hosting this swap and even with the brief showering moments, we had a good time.

Andy,

P.S. Thank you Bobbie for letting us dig the plants from your garden. You are very generous.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Thank You for the Plant Swap & Iris Tour 04/01/06

Yoyo - now that I see your screen name, I realize that I have met you and your husband. I'm in lala land, I guess. It was a very good day for the get together - I wish I could have come earlier, and stayed later.

A gentleman on my way out said he needed some trees, so I'm looking around the property thinking about what I can dig.

o

Thanks for the thanks!

It really was fun, wasn't it?

As we have more & more of these things, I think we meet so many new people & learn so much from each other that it's just gotta be good for the earth as well as for us.

We need a motto.
like...

"Greening the Earth, one seed, one plant, one step at a time."

o

Dear txgardenlady,

Hi Terry (and Mackenzie). It was good to see you again. We had a fun time at the swap. We wish for more events like this so we can meet more fellow gardeners as well as exchange for more species of plants for our garden. How is your garden? Any special new plants in your garden this year? Have you found homes for all the bamboos? The bamboos from your garden are doing well here. Do you remember the exact name of the dark black bamboo? I think you called them "temple bamboo."

Andy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Texas are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here