Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Wild Violet/Wood Violet

Posted by weenerdogg Zone 7b Fort Worth (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 27, 08 at 22:00

Would love to have either as a ground cover. I have seeds to trade as well as larkspur, pink oxalis, and a few caladium bulbs. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Wild Violet/Wood Violet

How much are you wanting. I have had the wood violets around my place for years and I can look and see what I can come up with for you. I think I met you at the ft.worth plant swap but I am having a hard time placing faces with screen names. I will check tomorrow.

Hope

o

I'm not sure how much I need. I would like as much as I can get. We may have met at the swap. There are so many names and face to remember. :)

o

I met both of you at the swap, but cannot put faces to names at this time. I also have a few wild violets that I do not want.

o

Can someone please post a photo or give me a Latin name for these. Google gives a Viola and an Oxalis for wild violet/wood violet. I have the Viola. Loads of it. Buckets of it. OK, that might be a slight exaggeration, but I am composting the seedlings right now. What exactly do you want? I am pulling little violas out of what was once a lawn ... and now I'm wondering if I should be saving them. At least I think they're violas. Maybe I should take a photo. Maybe I should let them grow. Now that I think about it, I have no idea what they are. How do I post a photo on here?

Sheesh!

o

Sarah, Rose Lee has posted instructions over in the gallery section. I still have trouble posting pics, but you may be more computer savvy than I.

o

I am looking for the viola type. The oxalis is not a true wild violet but a wood sorrel. I have that too even though it is not doing so well. I am looking for a good native groundcover that others may not want. I am not a big fan of traditional turf lawns :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Texas are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here