Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
southofsa

HAVE: San Antonio Spring Swap 2013 trades - Part 2

southofsa
10 years ago

It happened again :-) The first thread hit the max number so I'll start Part 2.

Mamachilie - I'm so glad you and Mike are coming again! I planted the cantaloupe seed you gave me last fall and it's coming up really well. I'll bring you a cayenne pepper plant.

Pheonix (Joey) - If you didn't have plans for one of the double purple datura plants you were offering could I have it? I don't know if there's anything else or something more you might like off my list. Just let me know.

Comments (48)

• phoenix7801
    10 years ago

Ill put a datura to the side for you. I'm already getting a holy mole pepper and lemongrass from you its all good.

• beachplant
    10 years ago

dug 3 types of crinums from the yard today including crinuma americanum-low growing, white open spider type pink tinged flowers, Ellen bousant (not sure on spelling)-deep pink trumpet flowers, and one unknown

Afican hosta-great for pots, ground cover, partial shade/sun-ya`ll will probably have to bring this one in.

bromeliad-this is a big one best suited for a spot that gets a lot of sun but protected in mid-day, one of the hardier bromeliads

Hymnocallis sp. -white spider lily-toes dormant, mulch it over winter. big white spider blooms.

have 2 rooted pieces of the columnar cactus

Pride of Barbados seedlings

Couple of house plants

Sea Oats

Tally HO!

• phoenix7801
    10 years ago

Tally can I get an Ellen Bosanquet from you. I love its color. Im gonna be bringing lots of things like phygelius, tricolor potato vine and datura

• rock_oak_deer
    10 years ago

Pat, I'd like an Old Man's Pipe please. I'm bringing the purple cactus for you.

• honeybunny2 Fox
    10 years ago

Tally is the bromeliad the one that you water from the center of the plant, or the tall bromeliad?
    Barbra

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    10 years ago

It almost kills my soul that I dare not bring plants to trade because of the possibility they might harbor chilli thrips, but I do have the following seeds to give away. No need to reserve them. I'm bringing 4 to 6 packs of each kind. Just come and ask for them.

On the other hand, I do have several 2 year old plants of the very hardy, very sweet (but seedy), tangerine tree, 'Changsha' (hardy to 5 degrees) which I grew from seed. I've never noticed chilli thrips on the seedlings. I could drench them with a systemic insecticide known to control chilli thrips if anyone wants to take the chance. They fruit at 7 yrs. old. Otherwise I'll have to toss them.

I looked up photos of the seeds I have. Click thumbnail for larger view:

Love in a Puff (Vine pictured in back of pink phlox)

The puff:

Velvet Pod Mimosa (Texas native)

Scarlet Pentapete

Pink Pentapete

Green Malabar Spinach (on tower, Scarlet Pentapete in foreground)

Celosia Flamingo Feather

Tall Cassia

Fimbriata Pipe Vine (Flower pictured. Pipevine swallowtail caterpillar food)

Looking forward to seeing all of you. Has anyone heard anything from Rebecca?

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    10 years ago

Uh oh! I see the thumbnails are not clickable. Photobucket changed things around it seems ... sorry.

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    10 years ago

If you have anything to donate to the door prize drawing they will be welcomed. I'm bringing a few things ....

• rock_oak_deer
    10 years ago

A few reminders for Saturday....

I'll be there at 8:00 am when the park opens to reserve the tables. Most swappers arrive after 9:00 am and we are usually finished around noon.

It's a bit of a walk to the swap site from the parking area so bring a cart if you have one.

We will have a door prize drawing so items for the table are appreciated.

Have fun and we'll see you there!

• southofsa
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Joey - See you at the swap - Lisa

• gardenlover1
    10 years ago

Roselee, can I have a tangerine tree please? I do not know if you are interested in anything from my list to trade.

• zitro_joe
    10 years ago

Here is what I have so far ...
    If I missed something, let know. Not done on purpose.
    Owed:
    Canna (5): 1) nbTonya 2) rock_oak_deer
    Ginger(3): 1) southofsa 2 ) nbtonya 3) Dstartz
    Purple passion(1): 1 )nbtonya
    Lime Tree Cutting (4): 1) Pheonix
    Dracaena Saderiana (2): 1) Dstartz
    Nasturtiums (6): 1) Leapingfroglady
    Purple Tomatillo (4): 1) Leapingfroglady

Still available:
    Dieffenbachia 2
    Philodendron Silver 1
    Spathiphyllum 3
    Pothos marble queen 2
    Oyster plant 1
    Nephthytis 1
    Hedera Helix 1

Receiving:
    nbtonya -- var monkey grass/ wooley passion flower/ salvia farinacae/ maple cutting
    Southof SA -- Society Garlic/ lemon grass
    rock_oak_deer -Ruellia
    Linda -- Aster
    Phoenix7801 -- Lavender / Datura
    Dstartz -- Snow Queen
    LeapingFrogLady -- Hibiscus/ Tomato

zJoe

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    10 years ago

Gardenlover, I'll separate the Changsha's and bring for you.

Tally, I'd love one of the columnar cactus. As you know I'll have a couple of things for you. I'll leave them in the car and have your hubby (Jim, right?) carry them to your vehicle.

• gardenlover1
    10 years ago

Dstartz - I am interested in Snow Queen to trade anything from my list.

• gardenlover1
    10 years ago

I am bringing an item for door prize.

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    10 years ago

GardenLover Gina, you are going to be the proud owner of a Changshaw orchard ...... ;-). I didn't separate them and am bringing the pot containing 8 plants. . Maybe you can use the little trees as trades next time.

They've been doused and soaked in systemic insecticide as have all the plants I'm bringing. I hate to use the stuff since it's leathal to bees if they get around it. European countries are seriously considering banning it and U.S. beekeepers are trying to get congress to listen.

Some of you may want to considering bringing a chair.

• Ken145
    10 years ago

Hey how is everyone doing? I will be attending tomorrow. Sorry I haven't been around. Don't have that much but I will have 7 Sweet Chocolate Pepper seedlings, 6 Chocolate Beauty Pepper Seedlings, 3 Casper Eggplant seedlings and 2 Ancho Gigatico Pepper seedlings.

• zitro_joe
    10 years ago

Ken,
    I am interested in an Ancho and Sweet Chocolate Pepper seedings. My available list is above.

zJoe.

• Ken145
    10 years ago

ZJoe,

Sounds good. I have you down for those 2. As I am interested in a Purple Tomatillo and Lime tree cutting.

Ken

• rock_oak_deer
    10 years ago

Hi Ken, Good to hear you can make it tomorrow. Ancho gigantico sounds good!

• beachplant
    10 years ago

ZJoe, silver philo if you have any left.
    Tally HO!

• beachplant
    10 years ago

Just checked in,hanging at the hotel.
    See you in the am!
    Tally & Jim

• rock_oak_deer
    10 years ago

Yay, Tally and Jim, you found your way! See you tomorrow!

• Ken145
    10 years ago

Shirley,

Ancho Gigatico is yours. Do you by any chance have any more Gregg's Blue Mistflower?

Ken

• zitro_joe
    10 years ago

Ken - Purple Tomatillo and lime cutting are yours
    Tally - I have two 2"-3" cuttings that are rooted.

zJoe

• zitro_joe
    10 years ago

I can make fresh cutting to bring if any one want some.

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    10 years ago

It was another wonderful and well attended SAPS. Thanks everyone for coming and thanks again for the plants I received. They are much appreciated.

For once I think I got to talk to everyone except for one of tne of the attendees who popped in and out so quickly I didn't even see you

We really missed seeing those of you who didn't make it. Hopefully, you can come to the fall SAPS.

• honeybunny2 Fox
    10 years ago

I also had a wonderful time. I got to meet and visit with everyone that came. It was a beautiful day for a plant swap. Barbra

• leapingfroglady Valdez
    10 years ago

Great meeting up with new faces. Lisa, Joe, and Joseph, I didn't know your online names to who you were till today. At least I now can visualize who you guys are. I'll try to pop in here occasionally. I'm not to keen on how this format runs but always love seeing your gardens in photos and learning from other gardeners.

• rock_oak_deer
    10 years ago

Thanks to everyone for the great swap today! I'll be busy with all these wonderful new plants.

Lisa-I have the dish from the yummy muffins you brought, let me know how to get it back to you.

• zitro_joe
    10 years ago

How in the world did I come home with more plants than I arrived with?

Tally I was able to keep the Crinums, but as you said - I forgot the names of them...can you tell by the picture?

• dstartz
    10 years ago

My sincerest apologies to all with whom I had a trade or olive trees for.

I have been ill for several years, but basically functional. Last night it jumped up and bit me. I just didn't have the strength to make it to the swap or my other obligation in SA this afternoon.

• southofsa
    Original Author
    10 years ago

It was so nice to talk to everyone yesterday. And thanks for all the great plants.

Shirley- thanks for grabbing that container. I was cleaning up last night when I realized I didn't have it. Can I email you through the site so we can figure something out?

Hope everyone can make it to the fall swap! Lisa

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    10 years ago

Donna, so sorry to hear that you were 'under the weather' yesterday. Hoping and praying that strength and wellness returns soon. There will always be another swap and we'll look forward to seeing you then.

• rock_oak_deer
    10 years ago

Lisa-Email me at stfoxatusadotcom

• plantmaven
    10 years ago

PICTURES?!!!!!!!

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    10 years ago

Plantmaven Kathy, I had my camera but never got around to taking pictures. Sorry. I'll try to do better next time.

• honeybunny2 Fox
    10 years ago

Kathy I really missed you! Wish you could have been there, I think it was the biggest turn out we ever had. I wanted you to met my friend K, He came to meet Tally, he is from the plumeria forum. Barbra

• rock_oak_deer
    10 years ago

I posted the swap on my blog this time.

Here is a link that might be useful: At the swap....

• plantmaven
    10 years ago

I enjoyed the pictures, Shirley.

• rock_oak_deer
    10 years ago

I'm so glad you could see how it went Kathy, I kept getting busy and didn't get every one in but I think there were 22 in attendance this time. A very nice group too.

• linda_tx8
    10 years ago

Donna, so sorry to hear you were ill. I guess I'm lucky to have made it...on Sunday, the infection I'd been fighting went full-fledged and I was really sick. Hopefully, I'll be okay soon with the antibiotics the doctor gave me today. So glad to see everybody on Saturday!

• rock_oak_deer
    10 years ago

We enjoyed seeing you too Linda. I hope you feel better soon.

• beachplant
    10 years ago

We had a great time!
    Joe-your crinums are, from left to right
    Hymenocallis-giant spider lily, may go dormant in your area.
    Ellen Boussant (not sure on the spelling)-deep pink trumpet shaped flowers
    Crinum americanum-native, goes dormant, spreads by runners, white, pink-tinged open spider type flowers.
    And here's a link to the rose I can never remember the name of and brought cuttings. Mine is much more purple than the pics.
    Tally HO!

Here is a link that might be useful: Veilchenblau

• zitro_joe
    10 years ago

Thank you for the response, Tally.

• sunnysa
    10 years ago

It was our first swap outing and we just wanted to say thanks to everyone. We only took eight plants to swap, but everyone was so helpful and generous. We had a great time meeting with everyone and hope to see you at the fall meet. Hopefully, we'll have more interesting plants to swap. Being newbies, we sure learned a lot. We really enjoy looking at all the pictures of the different gardens that are posted. They give us great ideas for our own place.

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    10 years ago

Diane, if you happen to be reading this I received your email, but was not able to respond. See the post with your name in the title on the 'Discussions' page.

To go there click on 'Discussions' at the top of the Exchanges forum opening page or on the link below..

Here is a link that might be useful: Discussions page

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    10 years ago

I meant Irene, not Diane, but she got the message .... :-)

Sponsored
Dream Design Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Innovative Design-Build Firms