Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Lime Zinger Elephant Ear

Posted by carolann_z8 Joshua,TX (gardengateclub@sbcglobal.net) on
Mon, Apr 2, 07 at 22:21

I'm looking for a Lime Zinger EE. I could trade a Brugmansia for one.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Lime Zinger Elephant Ear

Carol, I never heard of this elephant ear before I read your post, so I Googled it. According to the info I pulled up it's not really hardy in this area. I don't think I've ever seen one either, but the web site that sells them has some beautiful pics of it. They also have the black ones that are very striking. You might want to buy one to see how it does and then try to propagate them yourself. And THEN-you'll be the one everyone will come to for them!! Cheryl

o

Hi CarolAnn,
I hope someone here has one to trade with you. I searched after reading Cheryl's post and this site came up. Check out the elephant with the "elephant ears!" If no one here has one to offer, perhaps someone on the tropical forum does.
Robin

Here is a link that might be useful: Elephant ears for the elephant

o

Thanks for the help.

I fell in love with it after Jon on GW sent me pictures of it. He had his gardens photographed and put in the paper last year. I know they're very tropical and I'd have to bring it in but it's just gorgeous.

Maybe I can get one and have some later to divide and share.

Cheryl and Robin, here's why I love it:

Caution...plant addicts should look away.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

CarolAnn-I'd be careful growing THAT! You might disappear one day, never to be found! lol
Is that a real photo or has it been Photoshopped?

o

Robin, that is a real photo. Isn't it the coolest plant ever!!!

This man lives in Denton and he made his entire yard to look like Hawaii. I really want to visit him one day and maybe drink a drink from a coconut shell whith a tiny umbrella. This would be the closest I'd come to being in Hawaii.

Headlines read...Carol Ann was eatten alive by giant Elephant Ear!!!!

....What a way to go!!!!

o

I haven't found time to read the paper much lately Carol, but now you've got me watching the headlines each morning!:-o

o

LOL Robin!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Texas are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here