Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
avalonweddingsbcs

WANTED: ghost peppers

avalonweddingsbcs
14 years ago

looking for ghost pepper seeds... anyone got any?

d

Comments (14)

• phoenix7801
    14 years ago

Theres this place in san antonio that was featured in man vs. food that makes a burger with the ghost chilie's. There might be a local distributor here in SA

• phoenix7801
    14 years ago

And what do you know...I found some!!! Theres not fresh green Bhut Jolokia's but dried ones. I got some seeds out of them but I'd like to see if some are viable considering they could've been dried in an oven i.e. dead seeds.

• avalonweddingsbcs
    Original Author
    14 years ago

so did you go to the burger place?

i want to send my inlaws there..

d

• phoenix7801
    14 years ago

Nah I found them at Central Market H.E.B. I had a friend that was going to try the burger but they had ran out of the materials to make it. I on the other hand decided last week to try one of the dry ones. Needless to say, it was the hottest thing I've ever tried...for 18 minutes straight. It just kept on wave upon wave. I am planting some seeds to check the viability as we speak.

• marcie_new
    14 years ago

Hi d from avalonweddingsbcs, I am wondering do you still have plants to trade?I tried e-mailng you but couldn't. so anyway you were looking for person -s- to get some of your plants I live an hr.away from you if you still have plants please let me know and we can set up a time that is convenient to you Thanks Marcie_new, I think I still have 2 or 3 seeds to the pepper you are looking for.

• avalonweddingsbcs
    Original Author
    14 years ago

i got lots of stuff if you want to visit... did you try avalonweddingsbcs@yahoo.com?

d

• avalonweddingsbcs
    Original Author
    14 years ago

hey phoenix7801, do you live in san antonio?

d

• phoenix7801
    14 years ago

Yes I live in san antonio d.

• marcie_new
    13 years ago

Yes but I think the problem is on my end sometimes I can compose e-mail but not able to send out, other times I cannot even compose at all, I can only post in here, I will try later and see what happens, it can also be ME!! I am trying to learn my way around the computer, later.

• avalonweddingsbcs
    Original Author
    13 years ago

hey phoenix7801... did the peppers ever grow?

• phoenix7801
    13 years ago

no they never did...The way they smelled kinda smoky like chipotles shoulda told me something. I think they dried by way of fire. I guess i'd have to get some from the internet.

• avalonweddingsbcs
    Original Author
    13 years ago

if you get some i'd split an order with ya..

• reyna1
    13 years ago

Interesting, I may have some bhut jolokia seeds to trade for something interesting if you have something to trade please email your list.

I don't have more than maybe 25 seeds.

I do have 3 seedlings growing this year. If I am lucky I may have fruit come up in October. I grew the bhut jolokia last year and had 2 plants that took about 7-8 months to actually produce fruit, and both plants died during the freeze this year. You wont yet find this pepper mass produced enough or demand for it enough that you would find this in a grocery store.

They aren't hard to germinate but they are a long season pepper and the heat is nuclear.

email me if interested and i'll see if can dig up some seeds for a trade
    Danny

• avalonweddingsbcs
    Original Author
    13 years ago

hey... I would love some.... best email for me is avalonweddingsbcs@yahoo.com

No clue what you would want in trade... I have a lot of plants, but not a lot of seeds at this time...

just email me..

d

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County