Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christopher_miller50

HAVE: Dallas White Butterfly Ginger

Have some white butterfly ginger that I'm digging out this weekend. I've had it for 6 years and it survives every winter and grows 4 foot stalks with white fragrant flowers by August. Needs morning sun and afternoon shade. Free to good home, but you'll have to drive by and pick it up. I'm located on Northwest Highway near White Rock Lake.

Comments (15)

• melvalena
    16 years ago

I can do that..

• debbiedo7
    16 years ago

If you have enough I'd like some too!!
    Melvalena maybe we could meet & go together?? I'm in Grand Prairie.
    Debbie

• Christopher (Dallas Garden) Miller
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Let me dig it up tomorrow morning (Friday) and let you know how much I have. It's just starting to grow so it's a good time to move. I'm going on a business trip Sunday, so it might be best to plan for next Friday. (27th) I'll post the amount of rhizomes after I dig...

Original Author
    16 years ago

Okay, I pulled them out, and like canna, some of them have long rhizomes that can be broken into several 7 inch pieces. I probably have enough for 4 people. If you're interested, I'll be home this Friday (April 27) before 10:30 a.m. and after 1 p.m. I live off northwest highway near Abrams. Send me a confirmation and I'll save some for you and send directions.

• melvalena
    16 years ago

Thanks! email sent. :)

• debbiedo7
    16 years ago

You have mail ;o)

• melvalena
    16 years ago

Debbie, I sent you email via gardenweb.. if you don't get it, please email me.

Melvalena

• drgulley
    16 years ago

Hello,

I happened to come across your post and love the way the white ginger looks. I have only seen it in pictures as I have never had one myself. Do you by any chance have anymore left that you would be willing to part with?

Thanks,

Dianne

• melvalena
    16 years ago

Dianne,

I can give you some of what I got from him.
    He was so generous with what he passed on.
    Email me and we'll make arrangements.

Melvalena

• drgulley
    16 years ago

Melvalena,

That is really nice of you to offer! I really appreciate it. I love gardening and I have seen how pretty butterfly ginger is but I wasn't sure if it did well in our area. My email address is dianne_gulley@sbcglobal.net. If you don't mind emailing me, we can make arrangements to meet. :)

Thanks again,

Dianne

• praveena
    16 years ago

Hi everybody !

Does anyone have any rhizomes of white butterfly ginger , that I can use for my garden ?
    I'm probably too late on this thread already !!!

I have some cannas ( yellow ) if you want to trade .

Pls pls let me know. Thanks.

• melvalena
    16 years ago

I have a little bit I'd be willing to trade for a few of your yellow cannas.

• kbhoover_sbcglobal_net
    14 years ago

I've just planted some butterfly ginger and I'm hoping I haven't set it up to fail. It's protected by a garage for half the day and then gets a pretty good 2 hr. blast of sun after that. Is this too intense for it???

km

• meolongxu87
    14 years ago

hmmm... I know I'm very late but if anyone still have the Butterfly ginger that're available to share with me, I have orchids and mini amaryllis bulb to trade. Thanks for looking!!

Original Author
    14 years ago

What type of orchids do you have?

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm