Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Dallas White Butterfly Ginger

Posted by dallasgarden z8 Dallas (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 18, 07 at 23:01

Have some white butterfly ginger that I'm digging out this weekend. I've had it for 6 years and it survives every winter and grows 4 foot stalks with white fragrant flowers by August. Needs morning sun and afternoon shade. Free to good home, but you'll have to drive by and pick it up. I'm located on Northwest Highway near White Rock Lake.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Dallas White Butterfly Ginger

I can do that..

o

If you have enough I'd like some too!!
Melvalena maybe we could meet & go together?? I'm in Grand Prairie.
Debbie

o

Let me dig it up tomorrow morning (Friday) and let you know how much I have. It's just starting to grow so it's a good time to move. I'm going on a business trip Sunday, so it might be best to plan for next Friday. (27th) I'll post the amount of rhizomes after I dig...

o

Okay, I pulled them out, and like canna, some of them have long rhizomes that can be broken into several 7 inch pieces. I probably have enough for 4 people. If you're interested, I'll be home this Friday (April 27) before 10:30 a.m. and after 1 p.m. I live off northwest highway near Abrams. Send me a confirmation and I'll save some for you and send directions.

o

Thanks! email sent. :)

o

You have mail ;o)

o

Debbie, I sent you email via gardenweb.. if you don't get it, please email me.

Melvalena

o

Hello,

I happened to come across your post and love the way the white ginger looks. I have only seen it in pictures as I have never had one myself. Do you by any chance have anymore left that you would be willing to part with?

Thanks,

Dianne

o

Dianne,

I can give you some of what I got from him.
He was so generous with what he passed on.
Email me and we'll make arrangements.

Melvalena

o

Melvalena,

That is really nice of you to offer! I really appreciate it. I love gardening and I have seen how pretty butterfly ginger is but I wasn't sure if it did well in our area. My email address is dianne_gulley@sbcglobal.net. If you don't mind emailing me, we can make arrangements to meet. :)

Thanks again,

Dianne

o

Hi everybody !

Does anyone have any rhizomes of white butterfly ginger , that I can use for my garden ?
I'm probably too late on this thread already !!!

I have some cannas ( yellow ) if you want to trade .

Pls pls let me know. Thanks.

o

I have a little bit I'd be willing to trade for a few of your yellow cannas.

o

I've just planted some butterfly ginger and I'm hoping I haven't set it up to fail. It's protected by a garage for half the day and then gets a pretty good 2 hr. blast of sun after that. Is this too intense for it???

km

o

hmmm... I know I'm very late but if anyone still have the Butterfly ginger that're available to share with me, I have orchids and mini amaryllis bulb to trade. Thanks for looking!!

o

What type of orchids do you have?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Texas are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here