Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carrie751

WANTED: plant swap ft. worth part 5

carrie751
16 years ago

hopefully, all of you are packed and ready to go --- so see you tomorrow.

Comments (16)

• weenerdogg
    16 years ago

I am as ready as I'm going to get!

• debbiedo7
    16 years ago

OK it's 3:30 am & I'm on my way to bed. All the name tags are made, plants loaded in the car, baked goods ready, prizes are by the door & Guppies will wait til morning to load up - since they like to breath.

See ya'll in the morning. ;o)
    Debbie

• carrie751
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I hope everyone arrived home safely with all their "treasures". And now we can all take a much deserved rest (that is, right after we get all the things planted we brought home) !!!!

• mikeandbarb
    16 years ago

We got home ok but achy, keen locked up but still in one piece LOL. All my plants are in the shade for now. Will plant later.

Hope everyone enjoyed the swap.

• gardenmommaureen
    16 years ago

Thanks for all the fun,the good food and all the great trades. My daughter Kelly, granddaughter Meg and I had a blast. We will try our best to be at the fall swap.
    I can't remember the name of the person who traded the visor to me. I guess you left while we were having the prize drawing. I did have an amaryllis or two for you. I will get them to you next time. Where do you live? Maybe we can get together so I can pay you back. Maureen

• TxMarti
    16 years ago

Pics! We want pics!

• planopondnut
    16 years ago

Thank you, everyone, for all the great trades, food, and door prizes. My Mom, sister, and niece all had a great time, and asked me to thank you all. I enjoyed meeting everyone. Weldon, your cake was out of this world!

I've taken care of the cuttings, and floaters, but the potted plants will just have to wait. Oh, my back! :)

Sally

• Lin barkingdogwoods
    16 years ago

Wow, what a day! After yesterday's marathon "mark and load" of the plants, and standing and chatting today (why did I bother bringing a chair??), I didn't do much when I got home other than arrange the pots in sun or shade and water everything. Whew!

Maureen, can you email me privately at barkingdogwoods@gmail.com ? Thanks!

Lin

• aprilintx
    16 years ago

Necia & I are finally home. I only got one "Wow, that's a lot of plants" from DH. You'd think after 20 years he would have learned! =)

Thanks, everyone, for such a great swap! We had so much fun!!

Off to water...
    April

• kay75052
    16 years ago

I had a wonderful time, Thank you everyone for a great swap. It was really nice to see so many people.

Hope to see ya'll in the Fall.

Kay

• sylviatexas1
    16 years ago

It's been a *wonderful* day!

Thanks to all who made this our best swap yet!

My beautiful new plants are in the shade for now, guppies are in their new "habitat", eggs & baked goodies in fridge, luscious lotions in bathroom!

Thanks again!

• Lin barkingdogwoods
    16 years ago

Now that I've rested, I also want to thank the folks who made this a wonderful day for me! Sylvia for putting the whole thing together; Brenda and Ruben for feeding us; Tina for remembering the kids; and everyone else who was warm, welcoming, and so generous with everything!

Did anyone leave something behind when they left? I loaded something in my car which I don't remember trading for - please email me at barkingdogwoods@gmail.com - thanks!

Oh - and Kinky said he enjoyed himself too - except for that fierce little Yorkie that scared the poo out of him? Good thing he didn't see the kittie or I never would have been able to get him out of the SUV!!!

Lin

• mommyfox
    16 years ago

Thank you so much, everyone, for such a great day! I'm so happy I can hardly stop thinking about plants! I got almost EVERYTHING planted yesterday afternoon, I was so proud! Barb, Sylvia, I wanted to thank you especially for the Rose of Sharon and the redbud seedlings, respectively.

I hope everyone else enjoys what they got as much as I enjoy mine! These swaps are always such positive, supportive experiences, and I hope as the tradition grows they only become more so.

I'm going to start working now on programming a web page devoted to the swap with a database and separate member pages so that it will be easy to keep track of trades. Hopefully if I get cracking now it will be done in time for the fall swap. I promise to make it easy to use for all the non-computer folk out there! If anyone has any suggestions for it, feel free to email me at mommyfox @ gmail . com.

• TxMarti
    16 years ago

mommyfox, that sounds like a good idea. I would love to be able to keep up with trades better. As soon as a couple of things leaf out better, I'm going to have to take a pic & ask who I got it from last fall & what it is again. lol It had a tag but it faded.

• dcarpenter
    16 years ago

My son and I had a great time too. We got home and parked the truck in the shade and then took a nap! We unloaded after we got up. We got a lot in the ground yesterday, but still have a lot to go. Thanks for a wonderful time. We will definitely be there for the fall swap. Thanks again for all the trades!

Darlene

• barefoot_in_texas
    16 years ago

This was one terrific swap. Thanks to everyone who traded, chatted, ate, etc. Your participation is what makes this so much fun. See ya in the fall.

Sponsored
We believe that great design should be accessible to everyone