Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mikeandbarb_gw

HAVE: Blue, Red salvias, rock rose and other plants

mikeandbarb
16 years ago

I have some seedling plants, rock rose, lady in red salvia, blue henry duelberg salvia and unknown name red cannas. I hate to dig them up and throw them out so these are for the taking.

I'd like to set a date within the next week or two for anyone interested in these plants let me know and we'll setup a day and time for everyone interest to come over and dig them up.

Conditions: you bring your own trowle,pots sizes from 4,6 or 8 inches and about a 5 or 10 pounds of soil to pot the plants up.

There are also so salvia greggiis putting out seeds so if you wish to get some seeds your welcome to, you'll need something to put seeds in.

Barb

Comments (14)

• cncnorman
    16 years ago

I'd be absolutely delighted to take some of those cannas and salvia off your hands. ;) I could bring you some Kwanzo lillies in exchange or maybe some sedum? My email is busted but you can skype me - my skype id is cncnorman or you can use my windows live im - id is nina at cncnorman.com (of course you would need to replace the at with the @)
    PLMK?
    Christina

• mikeandbarb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Christina I'm not that computer savvy is there any other way to get in contact?
    Thanks for the offer of the lilies but I have some, in fact I have three that need homes already potted up. I could use some sedum.

• mommyfox
    16 years ago

Hi! I'd love to take some of these off your hands. I just put in a big full sun bed that had NADA in it right now! I definitely want the rock rose, I don't know much about salvias but I'll sure give them a shot!

I have a few extras from my garden if you're interested - lots of morning glory seedlings and sweet violets. I also have a lot of seed - columbine, pansy, viola, flowering tobacco.

• mikeandbarb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Christina and mommyfox,

We'll have to do this around the rain, I'd like to do this this coming Saturday around 10:00 AM if weather permits.
    If weather doesn't permit I'll set it for as soon as weather does permit.

Call me Friday evening around 6:00 PM to let me know if you can make it. 817-430-4985

Mommyfox, thank you for offers of plants but I don't need any right now. I'm just wanting to give homes to these plants.

• mommyfox
    16 years ago

That sounds fine to me - I'll give you a call tomorrow to confirm. BTW, whereabouts in the metroplex are you?

• mikeandbarb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I'm right off 114 and hwy 70, westlake/trophy club area

• mommyfox
    16 years ago

I hope I assumed correctly that your plant-collection date was canceled because of the weather. Are you planning on rescheduling, or did you get your plants re-homed?

• mikeandbarb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yes, due to the rain it was canceled, hopefully next weekend will be good for digging.
    I wish more people was interested for some plants cause I have a lot of babies popping up.
    I also have some Brazilian Rock Rose these are great for container planting too, I had mine in a container the first year and the over wintered in the pots outside just fine.
    So if you know of anyone else looking for some plants you can dig up extras.

• mikeandbarb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi all, I have set it up for everyone to come over this Saturday at 2:00 PM. Will this work for y'all?
    Oh BTW be sure to wear skeeter protection just in case their out. I've been trying to do some work in between the rain and in the evening they are out full force for blood.
    Hope everyone's able to make it. Call me for address and directions to my place 817-430-4985
    Barb

• mommyfox
    16 years ago

That sounds good to me. My mom has a lot of empty beds around her house so I'll get some for her too. I'll call you on Friday to confirm.

• mikeandbarb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yeah, I'm glad it works for y'all. I have dug up the blue henry duelberg because the bed it was in is small and I have a fence around it and thought it would be easier for me to do it.
    I also have LOTS of chocolate mint I hope someone would like to take it off my hands.
    I'm going to replace it with some else.
    Nina I'm going to send you an email hope it goes through and your able to make.

• mommyfox
    16 years ago

Thank you so much for the plants, Barb! I had a lot of fun today - it was nice gabbing with some other garden girls! Let me know if you're ever looking for something, I'll keep an eye out for you. Of course, I'm not sure where you'd put it - you had such a beautiful garden, bursting with flowers! I understand now why you wanted to thin the seedlings.

Good luck this summer and thank you again!
    -Julie

• mikeandbarb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Your very welcome Julie, I enjoy both you girls and glad to give out plants then pull them and throw them away.
    You will have a fill garden in no time, I've only been doing mine for three years.
    I'm looking for my day lilies so if you hear of any freebies give me a holler.
    Good luck and happy gardening to you!
    Barb

• praveena
    16 years ago

Hi Mike and Barb !

Do you have any of the plants left ? If so, we'd love to take them to our garden ... Pls do let us know. We live near plano.

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts