Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Galveston Co Plant Swap

Posted by bluebonnet46 z9a Gal. Co. TX (My Page) on
Sat, May 12, 07 at 21:22

WOW!!! What a GREAT SWAP!!! Not only was there some neat plants but I met a lot of very nice people today. A lot of new faces to go along with all the neat & unusual plants. Mary Ellen & Margie....you have done a fantastic job along with all your helpers at pulling on the swap this spring. Just wanted to say THANKS to everyone I got my neat plants from & to everyone who made this swap happen.

THANKS,
Judy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Galveston Co Plant Swap

It was a lot of fun!

o

• Posted by pepa z9 TX (My Page) on
    Sun, May 13, 07 at 17:54

I think it was one of the best. Thank you! Thank You! To everyone who helped make it happen, and to all the people that swapped with me.
Pepa

o

It was a blast! Now I have to get to work & get the cuttings started, the plants in the ground....

Tally HO!

o

Margie, your crew did a fantastic job, as usual. This was a great Swap, delicious food, and wonderful people. The Galveston County Plant Swap team deserves a standing ovation! Thanks,
Jim

o

I too had a great time .Great job all.

o

• Posted by sunny43 Z 9 Gal Co. Tx. (My Page) on
    Wed, May 16, 07 at 12:29

We have had some great swaps in the past but this huge swap tops them all. The Galveston County Plant Swap committee worked hard to bring you this incredible event. We had an immense amount of plants to choose from and the cooks outdid themselves. We also had gorgeous silent auction items, and the information booth with the 3 Master Gardeners and all their free literature was an ENORMOUS success.

"BUT" this swap would not have been worth a pot of beans if it werent for all the generous friendly swappers who attended. You are the ones who made this swap such a success and you REALLY put on a show this spring.

A Houston Chronicle reporter was present to interview swappers and take pictures. Watch for the upcoming article on our swap

Our next swap will be held Oct 13, 2007. For those who have not attended one of our recent swaps then come join us for an extraordinary experience you will not soon forget.

I will be posting pictures soon on our web site.
Happy gardening.
Margie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Texas are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here