Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Antique Rose 'Mermaid'

Posted by bossjim1 Z9 Alvin Tx (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 16, 11 at 11:46

I have this rose in a 1 gal. container. I took it in trade at a plant swap and don't really want it. Anyone close enough to come get it, is welcome to it.
Jim

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Antique Rose 'Mermaid'

It's been a week with no takers, so I'll bump this thread down and dump this rose out.
Jim

o

Sorry I did not live closer, Jim.

o

Me too, Carrie. If you did, we would be swapping plants about once a week!
Jim

o

True, hadn't thought about that ...........think we would ever get our work done?????

o

Carrie we never get it all done anyway.

o

Carrie, I have Mermaid in my side yard in Euless, and it's truly a rose that will devour your house! I first saw it on a garden tour in Beaumont, on a wire trellis on the side of a garage apartment. Very beautiful, large fragrant single yellow flowers (saucer-sized when happy), fish hook thorns, and MASSIVE growth.

Of the roses I had in Euless, this is one I did NOT want to take, even though it's gorgeous. I just couldn't keep it in its place.

Jim - since your post said "wanted", maybe you should post with a "Have" subject - there may be some folks who have the room for this thug!

Lin

o

I remember your telling me about this one, Lin.......guess I just did not put the name with it.

o

I put one in at a friends house, it ate his back fence. Gorgeous but who can keep it contained? You need a ranch to grow this thing.
Tally HO!

o

oooh, Jim ! If I had seen this before the swap yesterday I would have asked you to bring it. I've been wanting this rose for some time ! Can you save it for the spring swap ??? (grin)

patty

o

So sorry, Patty, I put in out on the curb back in early July, and someone picked it up. At the time I was glad because I just couldn't bring myself to dump it out. Wish I had known you wanted it.
Jim

o

Patty, are you sure you want this rose????

o

I guess if you had a neighbor you hated this would be a good rose to plant, otherwise RUN AWAY!
Tally HO!

o

Don't tempt me, Tally ..................

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Texas are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here