Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
roxy_girl_gw

WANTED: Contender Garden Bean

roxy_girl
15 years ago

I was told by a few that this was the bean (Contender) that could take the heat so I'd like to give em' a try next spring! I have these seeds for trade:

Zucchini Squash

Mammoth Dill

Golden summer crookneck Squash

Cucumber spacemaster

Burgundy Okra

Indian summer hybrid Spinach

All season butterhead mix Lettuce

Ruby red Lettuce

Mesclun sweet salad mix

Mesclun tangy mix

Turnip purple top white globe

Garden bean greensleeves

Garden bean bush Maxibel

Garden bean bush Triumph de Farcy

Gourmet blend Radish

Melody hybrid Spinach

Bloomsdale Spinach

Little marvel Peas

Earth tones ornamental Corn

Big Mountain Parsley

Basil Lime & Cinnamon

Peppermint

Spearmint

And if you are a flower lover I have some pretty cool flower seeds for trade too, just let me know and I'll email you a list.

If you would like to trade please email me.

Thanks

Dena

Comments (3)

• seamommy
    15 years ago

Roxy, I don't know anything about those beans, but if you have seeds to trade you should check out the Trinity Park swap coming up on November 1st. There will be a lot of local people there looking for new varieties, plants, seeds and garden stuff. One of our traders even feeds everyone in exchange for a nominal fee of a plant or some seeds. And besides, it's loads of fun and you get to meet all the wackies who log on here. Cheryl

• aellacyning_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

Many years ago I planted Greensleeves green beans and they were one of the best bush beans I've raised. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a supplier; the company we got the beans from is well known but they haven't offered them for years. Does anyone know where I can buy these beans?

• carrie751
    12 years ago

I grow Contenders each year, and have never been disappointed. Usually, the best place to buy seeds is at your local farm store that carries seeds. These have always done better for me that the ones in packets. Just my opinion.

Sponsored
SURROUNDS Landscape Architecture + Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
DC Area's High-End Custom Landscape Design/Build Firm 9x Best of Houzz