Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Contender Garden Bean

Posted by roxy_girl 7b Weatherford TX (vangelislover@yahoo.com) on
Wed, Jul 30, 08 at 16:52

I was told by a few that this was the bean (Contender) that could take the heat so I'd like to give em' a try next spring! I have these seeds for trade:

Zucchini Squash
Mammoth Dill
Golden summer crookneck Squash
Cucumber spacemaster
Burgundy Okra
Indian summer hybrid Spinach
All season butterhead mix Lettuce
Ruby red Lettuce
Mesclun sweet salad mix
Mesclun tangy mix
Turnip purple top white globe
Garden bean greensleeves
Garden bean bush Maxibel
Garden bean bush Triumph de Farcy
Gourmet blend Radish
Melody hybrid Spinach
Bloomsdale Spinach
Little marvel Peas
Earth tones ornamental Corn
Big Mountain Parsley
Basil Lime & Cinnamon
Peppermint
Spearmint
And if you are a flower lover I have some pretty cool flower seeds for trade too, just let me know and I'll email you a list.

If you would like to trade please email me.

Thanks
Dena

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Contender Garden Bean

Roxy, I don't know anything about those beans, but if you have seeds to trade you should check out the Trinity Park swap coming up on November 1st. There will be a lot of local people there looking for new varieties, plants, seeds and garden stuff. One of our traders even feeds everyone in exchange for a nominal fee of a plant or some seeds. And besides, it's loads of fun and you get to meet all the wackies who log on here. Cheryl

o
RE: WANTED: Greensleeves bush green beans

Many years ago I planted Greensleeves green beans and they were one of the best bush beans I've raised. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a supplier; the company we got the beans from is well known but they haven't offered them for years. Does anyone know where I can buy these beans?

o
RE: WANTED: Contender Garden Bean

I grow Contenders each year, and have never been disappointed. Usually, the best place to buy seeds is at your local farm store that carries seeds. These have always done better for me that the ones in packets. Just my opinion.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Texas are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here