Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: My plants for your work

Posted by mikeandbarb z8 D/FW (jetman1979@aol.com) on
Fri, Aug 6, 10 at 0:23

Hello, I am no longer able to take care of my gardens and wish to give them to someone who is willing to do the work in trade for the plants. We're also removing our pool, so some plants around the pool need to go, they are yupon holly nice size, A small pink rose of sharon, white salvia.
I have lots of daylilies, St. Joseph coat. salvias both evergreen and reseeding ones.
If your up to a really big job I have two rose of sharons in need of removal or cut down and you can start new ones from cutting.

A red hardy hibiscus, lots more but I don't have it all memorized.

contact me Barbara at jetman1979@aol.com

BTW, I know it's to hot right no so I'm thinking it would be best to do this in later part of Sept. or early Oct.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: My plants for your work

Mike and Barb, We have a garden swap twice a year and I'm thinking a lot of the gardeners might be interested in your offer. Maybe if we could set up a date and time after it cools down we could all meet at your house and dig. You can talk to one of the girls that's been doing this for awhile. Sylvia plans all of our swaps so she's the one that could help with this project.

o

That's a good idea. If 5 or so would join in the digging and replacing soil it wouldn't take but a day I think. I have the soil. and I have some pots but not near enough.
List of what you'd need, pots, shovels, potting soil.

I don't have the list of all the plants I have cause there are many and some beds are over grown with weeds so I can see whats there.

o

Sorry to hear you'll be giving up gardening. I hope you don't give up garden web also. What color are your Daylilies??? I'll help!

o

Hi Lynn, I have reds, pinks, yellows and maybe some purple.

I have somewhere around 40 to 50 daylilies, some have a tag next to them and some lost their tag.

They are hard to dig out, the best way to do it is to dig it up, wash off the soil and cut the leaves to about 3 to 4 inches above the crown, No need for pots or soil just wrap them in news paper, they'll last a few days, that's how they ship them.

o

Barb, I'm sorry to hear you're retiring from the garden.

I love the idea of a Digging Day, though.

Let's wait til cooler weather, maybe October?

Take care.

o

for sure on the cooler part, if it cools off early say last week of Sept if not make it mid Oct?

Guess I need names of who and how many want to come dig.

Thanks Barb

o

I'd love to come if I possibly can;
put me down for a "probly"!

o

Put me down. I would love to help.

o

Put me down. I would love to help.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Texas are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here