Sat, Aug 21, 10 at 8:49

North DFW Fall Swap

Date: Saturday Oct 2. 2010

Time: 10am - 1pm.

Place:
Kid Kastle Pavilion
2210 Briarhill Boulevard
Highland Village, TX 75077

A few tables and BBQ grill at the pavilion. Parking, rest rooms, and playground close by.

There is another party booked right after us, so we need to gather our stuff and vacate right at 1pm so they can set up their party.

More details coming soon.

Feel free to post or email any questions or suggestions you have.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: have: north dfw fall swap

I've never known about a DFW swap before! I'm really excited! Now I just need to figure out how to edit my page so I can let everyone know what I have to trade!

Thanks for setting this up!

o

Lynnmarie,
You don't have to edit your page if you don't want to.
You can reply in this thread and list what you have and what you are looking for.

Look through other swap threads to see how they've handled things. It will give you an idea of how its usually done.

Here's hoping for nice weather on Swap Day. :)

o

Do we want to try for a potluck lunch???? OR .... just each person bring their own lunch and drink? Suggestions!!!

o

• Posted by ruthz 8a D/FW TX (My Page) on
    Sat, Aug 21, 10 at 12:11

I can bring any of the following if anyone has plants I'm looking for.

Asarina
* Bridal Bouquet
* Victoria Falls
* Red Dragon

Brugmansia - can root cutting if I know in advance
* 'Charles Grimaldi' (from a trade)
* 'Brugmansia species' (from Logee's)
* 'Ecuador Pink' (from a trade)
* 'Super Nova' (from Logee's)

Canna
* 'Gold Tropicana'
* 'Tropicana'

Cestrum nocturnum 'Night Jessamine'
Confererate Rose cuttings
Hedychium hybrid 'Luna Moth'
Solanum Seaforthianum - Blue Potato Vine
Vigna caracalla - Fragrant Corkscrew Vine

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

Plants I am looking for:

CLEMATIS
* Claire de Lune
* Crystal Fountains
* Josephine
* Kilian Donahue
* Multi-Blue
* Vyvyan Pennell

Petrea volubilis, Queen's Wreath vine
Quisqualis indica - Rangoon Creeper
Sambucus 'Black Lace' Elderberry

o

Thanks for starting your list, Ruth ......... now the rest of us better get busy.

o

I'm so excited and your right Carrie we better get busy.

o

I need to know if there is any interest in small Vitex seedlings.....before I pot them up.

o

If anyone is like me and looking around for plants to swap... but lost so much over the summer.... take heart...

There's always seeds! Fall sowing for spring flowers!
I have tons of seeds to share, perhaps you do too?

After Labor Day I'll organize them and post a list.

o

I think seeds are great, something to look forward to next season.

o

Seeds are a good thing. Carrie what color are the Vitex?

I've started several cuttings of joseph's coat red carpet,
varigated airplane plants,Cuban oregano,mother of millions and sedums. I will also be bringing seeds. will update list as I find things.

o

Vitex are blue, and have not stopped blooming all season. I am trying to shape them into trees, and one is probably 15 feet tall now.

o

I really hope that I can make this swap. Where in the heck is Highland Village??? OK< I'il Google it! Carrie, if I
don't make the swap, I'll send an SASE for vitex seeds.
Hoping to start cuttings this next couple of weeks.

Anyone interested in Pride of Barbados (the red one)? Seedling about 1 ft tall in gal pot.
also have a Tx Mtn. lauel- about 5" in gal pot.Probably
some daylilies (MAJOR swap). No roses this year.
Weldon

o

Weldon, the swap is close to me ..........Highland Village is the next town east of Copper Canyon....they are separated by Chin Chapel road. I have a number of Vitex seedlings that I can pot up for you and you can get seed and cuttings galore. Email me.

o
Time to get going

Well, the rains have come, the heat is back, so looks as if we are going to have to get out there in it if we have our lists together in time for this swap. Where is everyone?? I need to hear of some interest before I start potting things up. I saw a few hardy hibiscus seedlings BEFORE the rain, and hopefully they survived standing in water.

o

Carrie,
I'll be glad to come help you pot stuff up.
I haven't had time to organize my seeds yet but hope to get on that project in the next week or so.
I might even get out there and plant some of them. :)

o

Mel, we are only three weeks away from the swap so time is running out. I thank you for your offer, but really don't wish to pot anything up that I will have to take through the winter........it is better off inground. So, that being said, I am just waiting for some interest in this swap.

o

I sure hope this swap is a "go"!

I have some of the following:
: asparagus in pots (I ordered purple and they sent green);
: passion vine Corona de Cristo
: an Iceberg rose (I'm keeping mainly Buck roses)
: hopefully - if they survived the weather - a couple of yellow knock-out roses (I bought some extras at a sale - these are the only knock-outs that I know are scented)
: maybe a Godsall Pink deutzia

And I'll have to look around to see what else is here!

Ruth, I'd love a cutting from Charles Grimaldi; I don't have anything on your "want" list, though. Maybe I could interest you in a Carolina Buckthorn, or perhaps something on my "have" list will pique your interest?

I'm mostly interested in bulbs or shade items; anything I get needs to be able to stand by itself for a week or so (i.e. not cuttings or seedlings) as I'll be going to see my mom before I can get things in the ground.

o

Ah, Lin, Charles Grimaldi (I call him Charlie G), a cross between Dr. Seuss and Frosty Pink, and another brug that can take the sun almost as well as the good doctor.

o

Well, Carrie, it's not like I have a ton of full sun! This one reminds me of one of my first true loves, whose last name was Grimaldi... I'm saving my full sun for Crinums and Buck roses :)

I went outside and looked at things I have potted up (since they're in my way :) and want to re-state my list:

: asparagus in pots (I ordered purple and they sent green);
: hopefully - if they survived the weather - a couple of sunny knock-out roses (I bought some extras at a sale - they are yellow and the only knock-outs that I know are scented)
: a Godsall Pink deutzia (if it does well from transplanting)
: Luna Pink Swirl hardy hibiscus
: American Beautyberry
: Cashmere bouquet - while the leaves stink, the beautiful pink blossom is very fragrant
: seedling amaryllis - the bulbets are the size of MAYBE hatpins, and it will be years before they bloom! These are ones from one of last year's Christmas amaryllis

I'll continue to look around to see what else is here.

I'm mostly interested in bulbs or shade items; I especially like things with a fragrance. Anything I get needs to be able to stand by itself for a week or so (i.e. not cuttings - except for brugs or figs - or seedlings) as I'll be going to see my mom before I can get things in the ground.

o

Lin, save me a Luna Pink Swirl hardy hibiscus if you have an extra one. I will look around and see what I have to offer in trade.....perhaps ginger.

o

Carrie, the Luna Pink Swirl is yours - don't worry about what to trade, I still have some "wants" from your yard on my list :)

I also dug up a Luna White hardy hibiscus, if you'd like that to go with the pink swirl...

Here is a link that might be useful: Luna White - small plant, big flowers

o

My dinner plate white looks like that one, Lin, white with a red eye. I have several of those, so perhaps someone else would wish to trade for it ....... I love hardy hibiscus.

o

Carrie,
I've thought it over and I am interested in one or 2 of your vitex seedlings and some of your ferns.
I can come help you dig them up and pot them.
Let me know if there's anything you are in need of around your place.

o

If anyone is interested in a pre-trade, I need to know this week.

Most items are in Quitman and I will be making one last trip there next weekend before the swap.

Lin

o

Got you down for two vitex, Mel............those I will pot up for you, but digging the ferns.....you are on your own.....LOL> Let me know when you are ready.

o

Lin, I'd love some of your asparagus. And maybe 1 of your Sunny Knockout Roses. I know we traded in the spring, but if there's anything you want and didn't get, or are looking for, let me know. Or any type of garden or food goodies!
Thanks,
Susan

o

Hi Susan -

Yay! a swap!!!

I put you down for a Sunny Knock-out and some asparagus.

I could always use some more phlox, if you have some to spare. Also I missed out on your yarrow in the spring, so if you have any of that I'd love some!

o

Anyone need any very mature Lady in Red salvia? I will be happy to dig if you do. They would return from the roots next spring if you plant them now.

o

YAY Lin! I will gladly trade you some Phlox and yarrow for asparagus and the Sunny Knock Out! If there's anything else you want/didn't get, let me know!
Thanks,
Susan

o

Will dig the following on request only:

elephant ears
Texas star (red) hibiscus
Wood ferns
Blue mist flower
Black and blue salvia
Cashmere bouquet
Gloriosa daisy

Already in containers, but limited supply:

hardy hibiscus (pink, and white with red eye)
October rose hibiscus
Tropical hibiscus

Please let me know if you are interested. If you don't have plants to trade, I am always interested in yard art and decorative containers.

o

Hey fellow gardeners - this is my last call for swaps! We need to have agreement TODAY if there is something on my list that interests you. (Ruth and Susan, we're set.)

: asparagus in pots
: a sunny knock-out rose (I bought some extras at a sale - they are yellow and the only knock-outs that I know are scented)
: Luna White hardy hibiscus
: American Beautyberry
: Cashmere bouquet (clerodendrum bungei)
: seedling amaryllis - the bulbets are the size of MAYBE hatpins, and it will be years before they bloom! These are ones from one of last year's Christmas amaryllis

I'm mostly interested in bulbs or shade items; I especially like things with a fragrance. Anything I get needs to be able to stand by itself for a week or so (i.e. not cuttings - except for brugs or figs - or seedlings) as I'll be going to see my mom before I can get things in the ground.

If there's no interest in what I have, that's fine; I just don't want to drive all the way to the swap if I don't have swaps pre-arranged. It's quite a haul!!!

o

Lin, I just looked up the Iceberg rose, and think it would look lovely by the fence in the front, so tell me what you want in exchange.
I agree with Lin, fellow gardeners, I will be pretty busy with other things next week, so if there is anything on my list you want, please speak now.
Let's try to make this a good swap as there is definitely a need for one in this neck of the woods.
Lynnemarie and Ruth, are you still coming and is there anything on my list you would like?????

o

Hi Carrie -

I'll bring back the Iceberg for you. I'd love some more elephant ears....

Lin

o

Done !!!

o
celosia

Anyone interested in seeds????

o

I potted up several things today so assuming everything survives, I will have the following:
- Martha Gonzales rose (2 rooted)
- Justicia spicigera (Mexican Honeysuckle, 3 potted)
- "Pearl" Tuberose
- Butterfly Amaryllis (tender here, 4 potted)
- *Stella d'Oro Daylily
- *Maximilian Sunflower
- *Turk's Cap (2 potted)
- *Pavonia Rock Rose (2 potted)
- *Turk's Cap (2 potted)
- *Beautyberry Bush (3 potted)
- Pink Shrimp Plant (2 potted)
- Jackmani Clematis

* - free, no trade required

Hard to say what I'm looking for in trade - something I don't already have!

Michele
FlowerFreak

o

Hi, Michele, glad to know you are coming. Got a question for you.............is the Mexican honeysuckle hardy for you? Some have told me it does not come back for them.

o

What I have:
1. a small Tree Philodendron that I divided last week.

2. small potted firespike that cuttings can be taken from. (Odontonema strictum)

3. huge box of seeds I haven't gone through yet.

I can dig up short yellow cannas if someone wants some.

Roses I can take cuttings from:
Gertrude Jekyll, Golden Celebration

I have a potted Umbrella Papyrus plant I can divide.

Don't forget the pot luck, and your door prize.
I'll bring coffee service.

o

Michelle, I sure would be interested in your Pearl Tuberose. Is it hardy and comes back every year? I tried the double tuberose, but it only bloomed once for me and that's all.

Thanks,
Susan

o
Susan Haves:

John Fannick Phlox
Bog Sage
Mrs. Oakley Fisher rose (1)
Lots of hot peppers (pods not plants)
And anything else I can find out there!

Susan

o

Michele, I would be interested in a butterfly amaryllis if there is anything on my list you are interested in. And Susan, I would love a bog sage if you see anything I can bring you. I will dig and pot anything anyone is interested in, I just don't want to have anything left over.

o
Carrie:Trade

Carrie, I would like some Gloriosa Daisy in exchange for Bog sage.
Thanks!
Susan

o

You've got it , Susan.....see you Saturday.

o

I also have some Aspidistras (cast iron plant) for those who need to plant a shady area.

o

Barkingdogwood, I'd love the passion vine if you still have it. I have some yellow daylilies, a ton of plain airplane plants, red cannas, some herb seeds... I'll have to look to see what else I have that I can pot up and bring.

o

Its been suggested that since time is limited at this location we have pot luck snacks instead of a pot luck meal.
I totally agree! Less of the plates, silverware, napkins and drink issues to deal with as well.

So, bring a little something snack-ish and what ever you want to drink.

I'll provide coffee service and some coffee cake-ish things.

I'll bring the red wagon for people to use when loading/unloading, and I'm hoping my son can be there to help with all that.

Expect there to be 'soccer' traffic to work around.
You'll most likely have to unload, then go park then come find your stuff. Or park, then come find the wagon.

Please bare with us while we figure out how to utilize this new location and fine tune our little gathering.

Weather should be great for it though!

My cell phone: 469-438-7002

o

I don't have much to bring, almost everything I have enough of to share is almost-ready to go to seed. I can bring cuttings and promise to send seeds to anyone that wants some, tho!

I do have a number of pots of aloe vera, if anyone doesn't have any then I will be more than glad to share! I do have an extra pot of orange (or maybe lime) mint, and I'll gladly bring cuttings of the double-mint, spearmint, and any other mints I have (I can't remember which ones I've acquired, but there are a couple).

Actually, that's about all that I can share right now. :( I'm still trying to fill in my yards and all of the other potted plants are in limbo -- my parents are buying a house and I don't know which of the plants that I've been babysitting my mother will be able to take back!

o

Hi LynnMarie - you're in luck! I brought back a pot or two of that passion vine - I have 2 to 4 vines in the pots to make sure some lived (I potted them up ten days ago). Beware, it spreads like Maypop, so give it some room or keep it in an area surrounded by mowed grass! I included a link below. I'd love some yellow daylilies in exchange.

Txag95, I would love some mint! could I interest you in a quart pot of a curly/corkscrew rush? does well in a wet sunny area... Or I have a potted asparagus that needs a home.. Please let me know!

Lin

Here is a link that might be useful: Scarlet Fruit Passion vine

o

Hi Susan -

I just looked up your Mrs. Oakley Fisher rose, and I think I would prefer to swap that for the Sunny Knock-out. Then if you'd like a couple pots of asparagus, I could swap those for the phlox and yarrow, or a pot for either one. Would that work? (I'm a sucker for single roses...)

Thanks!

Lin

o

Carrie,
My Mex Honeysuckle is a couple years old and it came back like gangbusters this year despite me losing other stuff that I thought would be hardier. I would overwinter it in your greenhouse now since it's getting late to plant tender things.

Susan - this tuberose has never bloomed for me. It's been in a very pretty pot and now I want the pot for something that will perform. However, I don't baby my plants so maybe it needs fertilizer or something special to bloom. Dita might also want some tuberose but there is enough to split if you both want it. I'd like some bog sage if you have it to spare since I see someone else already asked for some.

o

Michele, I am interested in the clematis ......anything on my list you want???

o

Wed, Sep 29, 10 at 9:57

Any interest in:

Black Pearl pepper seedlings (4)
Trinidad Perfume pepper seedlings (2)
Purple Flash pepper plant (1)
Blue Satin rose of Sharon (seeds were from a trade)
single lavender Rose of sharon
Jasminun Sambac 'Maid of Orleans' rooted cutting

can dig if requested:

Ajuga
Salvia 'Mystic Spires Blue' got about 4' tall this year
Pineapple sage
Hot Lips Salvia

o

I'm bringing a friend that is new to gardening too!

o

Ruth, I would love a Hot Lips salvia if you see anything on my list you would like. I don't know if you like tropicals or not, but the hibiscus I have potted is the double rose and blooms all summer.

o

Wed, Sep 29, 10 at 10:29

I forgot to add to the list

Plumeria cutting (1)

this is a small NOID
flowers will be red or white w/ yellow center

o

I sure wish I could join you guys, alas, duty calls.
Have fun.
J.D.

o

Thanks for checking in JD!

o

Oh, JD, you just don't see another guy posting..LOL>

o

Susan, I see Michele has asked for bog sage as well, and if you don't have enough for two swaps, I will be happy to take phlox instead.

o
Susan- Trades

@ Carrie, I have PLENTY of bog sage, no worries there!
@ Lin, sure, you can have the Mrs. Oakly Fisher. I'm not sure it gets enough sun where it is now, so that's why I thought someone else should give it a shot. And whatever asparagus you want to trade for is fine. I've got plenty of yarrow and phlox, so I'll bring both for ya!
@ Michelle - don't worry about the tuberose, if someone else wants it. Mine has been in the ground for years, with early day sun, and late day shade, and only bloomed once. I'm not one to baby plants, so maybe someone else will have better luck with it. But I will still bring some bog sage for ya!
@ Ruth, I'd like a Trinidad Perfume pepper seedling,and a Mystic Spires salvia, please. Let me know what you would like in exchange.
Thanks,
Susan

o

Wed, Sep 29, 10 at 16:35

Carrie, could I have Black & Blue Salvia or Vitex for the Hot Lips
Susan, I'd like John Fannick Phlox for the Trinidad Perfume seedling & Mystic Spires salvia

o

Be glad to, Ruth, i will dig a Vitex seedling and some black and blue salvia. If you have extra, a small start of the Mystic Spires would be nice.
While mowing today, I noticed two pink fairy rose climbers....anyone interested????

o

Wed, Sep 29, 10 at 18:04

Carrie, I'll pot another Mystic Spires.

I can bring cuttings of Confederate Jasmine if anyone is interested.
I tried rooting some once without success.

o

I have rooted it by placing a limb on the ground and covering it with a rock or something to hold it down. Then I was told it would grow in the shade, which it has, but goes to the sunny side of the fence to bloom.

o

Carrie - you can certainly have the Jackmani clematis if it survives the digging. It's a little guy. If you have time to dig some elephant ears, I could add them to my growing collection (unintentional but I had an eye for them the past couple years for some reason).

Michele

p.s. I'll bring chips and salsa/dip

o

@Michele - Can you mark a pot of Maximilian Sunflower for me? And maybe a shrimp plant? At this point I'm not sure if there's anyone signed up for my last asparagus or my corkscrew rush, so they could be available. I may also have some errant small brugs that I thought I had re-homed till I emptied the greenhouse, and maybe a tiny bay tree if it really rooted (it's been in the cup since the Ft. Worth spring swap!) I think there's also a Sunny Knock-Out rose available.

For the group at large - I'm also thinning out my house plants (going from a house with a greenhouse and a plant window to one without), so I'll be bringing whatever fits in my boxes...

o
For pot luck

I forgot to add that I'll bring some cookies...

o

My list so far:
Gail .....2 Vitex
Susan......Gloriosa daisy
Ruth..Vitex and Black and Blue salvia
Michele......Elephant ears

Did I leave anyone out????

Don't know yet what I will be bringing to eat.

o
Susan's list so far

@ Lin: Sunny KO & asparagus for JF phlox, yarrow & Mrs. Oakley Fisher rose
@ Carrie: Gloriosa Daisy for Bog sage
@ Michelle: Bog sage
@ Ruth: Trinidad pepper & Mystic Spires for JF phlox
If I forgot anyone, please let me know!
Susan

o

Thu, Sep 30, 10 at 16:17

pre-trades as of now:

Lin........CG Brug
Carrie.....Hot Lips & Mystic Spires salvia
Susan......Trinidad Perfume seedling & Mystic Spires salvia

Anybody else??
I'll need time to dig or repot any request

o

Me, too, Ruth ..............matter of fact, I really need to finish digging today. Speak up gardening buddies if there is anything you want.

o

Thu, Sep 30, 10 at 17:56

I'll bring cheese, summer sausage & crackers.

o

Here's what I have as pre-trades:

@Susan - Asparagus and Sunny Knock-out rose
@Ruth - Sunny Knock-out
@LynnMarie - Corona de Cristo passionvine

I don't have confirmations of trades with:
@Michelle - I'd like Max. Sunflower and Pink Shrimp plant; don't know what you'd like for them - see below..

@Tx_ag_95 - I'd like some mint, don't know what you'd like for it.

I also have:
- Tiny bay cutting, well-rooted
- Sunny Knock-out
- Corona de Cristo vine
- Asparagus
- Corkscrew Rush
- Pony tail palm
- Some kind of large-leaved philodendron
- Drunkard's dream cactus (small pot of rooted cuttings)
- Corn plant
- Ti plant
- aloe

That's what I remember at this point.

Lin
Barkingdogwoods

o

Oh, I also have Banana that I don't want that I will bring. I'm sure I'll bring other stuff too, I just don't know what yet.

o

Lin - pink shrimp plant is for sure. Max is struggling a bit with being dug up but you are welcome to it. For trade - maybe the philodendron or banana. Are either of them variegated? I'm a sucker for funky foliage.

Michele

o

lynnemarie, I would love the banana plant if you see anything on my list you would like........I lost mine last winter and just did not replace it this year.

o

Hi Michele - I don't have the banana, that's LynnMarie :( The large-leaved philo I have isn't variegated, but I have some cuttings of some that are, and you can have those if you'd like. The Ti plant is hot pink and now getting some variegation, and the corn plant is of course variegated but not funky. Foliage doesn't get much funkier than corkscrew rush, so you might take a look at that. I'm a fan of variegation as well, but all of it is in east Texas and I won't be going back before the swap :(

Lin
Barkingdogwoods

o

Fri, Oct 1, 10 at 10:45

melvalena, I'd like a cutting of your firespike if still available and I have something you want

I still have available:

Asarina - Bridal Bouquet (6 small potted)
a small rooted, just potted Brugmansia (don't remember which one)
NOID Brugmansia pink (1 potted)
Solanum Seaforthianum - Blue Potato Vine (1 potted)
Black Pearl pepper seedlings (4)
Trinidad Perfume pepper seedlings (1)
Purple Flash pepper plant (1)
Blue Satin rose of Sharon (seeds were from a trade) (1 potted)
Jasminun Sambac 'Maid of Orleans' rooted cutting just potted (1)
Plumeria cutting (potted about 2 weeks, but not rooted yet)

Can bring CUTTINGS if requested:

Confererate Rose hibiscus
Confederate Jasmine
Corkscrew vine

can DIG if requested:

Ajuga
Canna
* 'Gold Tropicana'
* 'Tropicana'
Cestrum nocturnum 'Night Jessamine'
Hedychium hybrid 'Luna Moth' ginger
October Rose hibiscus
Pineapple sage
single lavender Rose of sharon (about 10")
Vigna caracalla - Fragrant Corkscrew Vine

o

Ruth,

I will bring the potted fire spike for cuttings. Looks to me like perhaps 4 good cuttings will be possible.

If no one has claimed your Jasminun Sambac 'Maid of Orleans', I'd love to have that.

I also have a question about your Fragrant Corkscrew Vine. Do you plant it in the ground? Does it come back each summer or do you have to take cuttings and over winter them?

o

Fri, Oct 1, 10 at 11:28

Melvalena, I'll put your name on the Jasminun Sambac 'Maid of Orleans'.
It's small but has a lot of roots and actually bloomed once recently in water in the window.
I haven't tried corkscrew vine in the ground yet. I bought 2 last summer and overwintered them inside.
They have been blooming about 2 weeks now.
I planted a few seeds in spring and they all germinated.

o

Hi Ruth -

If you have an extra Fragrant Corkscrew Vine (or some seeds), I'd love some! I think I found one of Carrie's Datmansias in the greenhouse that you might like...it's a cross between a Datura and a Brug. (of course since Carrie gave it to me, I'll have to share any swap with her :)

I also have:
- Tiny bay cutting, well-rooted
- Sunny Knock-out
- Corona de Cristo vine
- Asparagus
- Corkscrew Rush
- Strawberry Creme brugmansia
- Pony tail palm
- Some kind of large-leaved philodendron
- Drunkard's dream cactus (small pot of rooted cuttings)
- Corn plant
- Ti plant
- aloe
- Hoya plant

Let me know.
Lin

o

Fri, Oct 1, 10 at 15:00

I'd love to hear more about the Datmansia.
I love Brugs and Daturas so a combination???
I googled and didn't get anything.
I don't have any corkscrew vine seeds.
The corkscrew vines I grew from seed were all twined together.
I separated and dug one and hope it does okay.

o

OH MY GOSH!
I just made the little muffins for the swap...
I think I've ODd on sugar, butter and cinnamon.

After I leave them with hubby this evening (unsupervised)
I hope there's enough left to take in the morning!

Here is a link that might be useful: Muffins That Taste Like Donuts

o

OK, Carrie, the banana is for you. Actually there are three in the pot, so you and someone else if they want it.

I bagged up about half a dozen red amarylises and red or yellow daylilies. That's really all I have to trade that is worth anything. Plus any seeds I can find.

o

Okay, ladies..............see you in the morning. And, Ruth, I will fill you in on the datmansia then..........it is nothing special IMHO, but it is pretty, and loves the heat. I can bring tons of seed if anyone wants them.

o

Hi Ruth - you'll really have to talk with Carrie, as she's the expert! To me they look like datura, but they have the hardiness of brugs (if that makes sense).

Here is a link that might be useful: Some info on Datura/Brug

o
Swap with LynnMarie?

Hi LynnMarie -

You mentioned you'd like a Corona de Cristo passionvine - I have for you a gallon pot with several vines in it (probably 3 to 5). I was hoping for some yellow Daylilies in swap, but if you've got them mixed with red then maybe you could mark some amaryllises for me.

Thanks!
Lin
Barkingdogwoods

o

Thanks to all who made this a very worthwhile swap........so good to see old friends and meet new ones. The food was good as well...........let's keep this one going.

o

I trust everyone went home happy?
I agree Carrie, lets keep this one going.

In the future we'll change the name to Denton County Swap so there'll be no more confusion about the location. :)

Only down side is we would have liked to have had more beginner gardeners come.

Please post your suggestions or ideas for future swaps or gatherings.

If you don't feel comfortable posting, email me or Carrie with your ideas. We'd love to hear them.

o

One of the primary reasons I love swaps over buying plants (other than the company of great gardeners) is that they are tried and true for our particular neck of the woods. I love getting the feed back from fellow gardeners of their experiences with each plant, and it allows me to know whether I want to grow it or not.
We would love to have beginners.......it is fun to bestow our information on them as they embark into this wonderful world of gardening.
Let us hear from you either here on the web or by email.

o

I agree, this was a fun swap! I swear that EVERYbody went home with more than they came with, and I know that's not possible.

Thanks to Gail for hosting, and Carrie for her advice and guidance.

o

Wish I could have made this one. I spent Saturday overseeing some very lazy contractors as they were laying new flooring at my mothers house. Very boring. Looks like ya'll had a great time and I'm so jealous of all the variety of plants that you exchanged. Cheryl

o

Cheryl,
We would have loved to see you. I'm sure the Ft Worth swap will be just as great with many of the same tried and true plants available.

Overseeing contractors is not a very exciting thing and the whole time you're thinking of all the other chores you could be getting done. But someone has to do the overseeing... and it usually falls on the shoulders of the one with the most other stuff to do.
:(

o

Would have been great to see you, Cheryl.......maybe the Spring swap?? Have a great time at the Ft.Worth swap, it is just too far for me to go anymore.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Texas are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here