Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phyllisb2008

WANTED: ft. worth fall swap

phyllisb2008
14 years ago

I hope everyone had a great summer and lots of rain. Is everyone ready for the fall swap? I was thinking late Oct. or early Nov. any ideas. Sylvia where are you.

Comments (13)

• freshair2townsquare
    14 years ago

i just wanna talk gardening, at the least - my dh & 13yo roll their eyes when i mention plants

~ freshair

• phyllisb2008
    Original Author
    14 years ago

it has been so hot and dry I'm lucky anything is still growing. I hope I don't have another high water bill but can't let em go without. I have moved everthing to the shade. My tomatoes did not do well at all or anything in my veggie garden. Sylvia we have got to plant the lemon cukes again they are soooo good.

• serenitymoon
    14 years ago

I tried to get on the FW swap forum and it seems to be gone. I have several things I potted up early summer and have all sorts of things still growing. Now, on the other hand, my garden is looking very sad except my peppers, southern peas, and sweet potatoes.

• phyllisb2008
    Original Author
    14 years ago

serenity, I would love some of them peas&peppers with a hunk of cornbread. I also tried the FW swap forum it is gone.

I'm hoping that we can have our swap at the end of Oct. maybe the 24th. But the higher powers will decide.

• freshair2townsquare
    14 years ago

serenity & phyllis ~

our GW'er who graciously hosted the FW swap forum has decided to discontinue it for a number of reasons - there's a thread in the exchange forum with more explanation

~ freshair

• sylviatexas1
    14 years ago

I somehow made a whole new thread titled "First Frost Date".

Please see that one.

• mommyfox
    14 years ago

Wow, y'all are EARLY! Awesome! I'd suggest edging it towards the middle of October or even early October, so stuff has a chance to get established before the first frost.

• freshair2townsquare
    14 years ago

first weekend is traditionally a strong local fair weekend
    second weekend is a semi-travel holiday - columbus
    last weekend is halloween

my vote is for the 24th (third)

~ freshair

• phyllisb2008
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I am going to purchase a wagon this year maybe a double decker It seems farther and father to carry all that stuff.

• freshair2townsquare
    14 years ago

i didn't realize october has 5 weekends this year - i did mean the 24th, but its the 4th weekend

phyllis: be sure to tell us when you rent a truck for these things so we can decide whether to hold an intervention or go in on the rental with you

~ freshair

• sylviatexas1
    14 years ago

ahem.

we on this forum don't hold interventions;
    we dodge them!

• mommyfox
    14 years ago

We don't cotton to interventions here! We are enablers all!

So are we thinking the 24th then?

• sylviatexas1
    14 years ago

yes, I went ahead & put that date on...
    well, something.

some other thread.

maybe the one where we're listing our haves & wants?

yep.

the 24th.

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?