Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: San Antonio Fall Swap: Saturday October 13, 2012

Posted by rock_oak_deer 8a TX (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 6, 12 at 11:19

Plan your trades here for the San Antonio fall swap.

We'll meet at Rogiers Park in Balcones Heights again this fall.

The attached thread has detailed info on the park and the swap.

Everyone is welcome, especially new gardeners. Trades are not limited to plants. Crafts, food items like homemade jam, and all types of garden items are included. If you want to trade it post it here.

Here is a link that might be useful: Previous swap thread

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: San Antonio Fall Swap: Saturday October 13, 2012

I have seedlings of Brazilian Rock Rose. One of the few things doing well.

o

Hi!
I have several hawaiian sunset vines rooted and ready for homes(Stictocardia beraviensis) that I will pot up into gallon pots this afternoon. Have many more things that I can root and divide so I will post a list in a bit. Also, have two red parasol mandevillas already in gallon pots.

o
Swap Etiquette

To help newbies get a better idea of how this works, and to remind others that we like to play nice, I try to get some "rules" out there for everyone to review. They help us all have a relaxing, good time.

After nearly 15 years of hostessing and attending these swaps I've learned a lot from others. This is especially helpful to newbies who have told me often that they were confused with the way things were done at the swap. Hopefully, this will help them a little.

When you arrive, please seek out a hostess if we don't greet you first. Especially if you haven't been before. Any of us will be happy to help you with any questions you might have. Get a name tag, sign up for door prizes, and if we have one, sign the list for future notifications of swaps.

Don't forget to bring a sack lunch. We'll need sustenance for continued swapping ! Some swaps have a potluck lunch, and there are some who bring things to share with others, but bring something for yourself just in case. Cold drinks are sometimes provided, but please don't count on this.

We will usually have door prizes. If you'd like to donate to our stash, please bring a new or gently used gardening item. We usually include things like fertilizer, gloves, tools, outdoor decorations, books, etc.

Garden Junk and Garden Art is also welcome for trading. Hoses, trellises, rusty buckets, signs, you name it ! We've had people bring homemade soap, mosaic pots, and other great items.

In the past, we welcomed your donations to help pay for the rental of a park pavilion. We are happy that this new location costs nothing (for now). If you ever attend a swap that asks for donations please drop a few dollars in the jar to help cover the cost -- which is usually covered out of the pocket of the hostess. Please consider that you're leaving the swap with plants that would have cost so much more at a nursery. A little money in the jar will go far to help these great swaps continue.

You may want to bring cardboard boxes to haul home your booty. You may end up taking home more than you bring, and it's not always easy to get it all back in your car. Packing in boxes will allow you to stack them and keep your plants safe.

Bring something to use for labeling the plants you receive. Old window blinds are excellent for this purpose ! They last forever and they're kept out of landfills.

On that note, please label your plants for others. It saves a lot of time at the swap. You don't have to tell everyone what each plant is, since they already have names on them.

Another helpful hint, which takes more time, but is great to have: consider putting a notebook together of your plants. Add pictures and descriptions of each plant you bring. Over time, you can add to it as you accumulate different types of plants. This also saves time at the swap. Others can view your notebook to see what a certain plant will look like.

There are usually not enough tables for everyone at the pavilion, so please consider bringing small tables to use to set your plants on.

While swapping, please do not take plants off another person's table without asking. They may be across the room promising that same plant to someone else. Please find the owner and ask permission. Everyone's different, of course, and may bid you take whatever you like. But it's good to err on the side of caution, and ask anyway. It's a good idea for all of us to put our name on our table so that everyone knows who to find when they see a plant they'd like.

Plants usually placed under the tables are not for swapping. This is where we place the plants we're taking home.

Some plants are special or rare and the swapper may want something special in return. This is understandable. On the other hand, some of us don't always need something in return. Please consider everyone's feelings while swapping.

You may notice above and below this post that people are talking about the plants they have. If you are new to this and wonder what's going on, this is what we call pre-arranged swapping. You can list what you have and others can either post here what they would like from your list or they can contact you by email (if you make sure you add your email to your preferences). You can check their lists to see if you'd like to make a swap. Keep track of each swap and bring the plants to the event for that person, and they will bring what you liked from their list. This is not necessary, of course. You can just bring your plants to the swap and trade in person. But if you pre-arrange swaps, it's kind of like reserving a plant that you really want. If you wait until the swap, someone else may get it before you do. And that can be a bummer !

Last but not least, have a good time. Make new friends ! I've met really great folks at the swaps and we're still swapping many years later !!

If you can't make the San Antonio swap, consider the swap just up the road in Manchaca. A post about that date should show up later.

patty

o

Where is, or will be, the actual swap lists thread?

o

Donna, you can list your trades right here on this thread. I don't have much of a list yet, but for starters I'll say that I'll have some nice size rose plants (several Mrs. Dudley Cross and other varieties) in two and three gallon pots and some agave pups ('green goblet' and others).

There's only one thing I can think of to add to Patty's excellent tips on swapping and that is to put your name as well as the plant name in the pots. It's nice to remember what came from who :-)

o
Haves

I have numerous young Pride of Barbados, Red Yuccas and Mexican Buckeyes + numerous bromeliads in gallon containers, several 6" azalea pots of Hurricane lilies, plus some small containers of carex (I think they're 'Frosted Curls').

I can root cuttings between now and then of 'Snow Queen' hibiscus, Turk's Cap, med height pink oleanders, durantas - white, med periwinkle & Sapphire Showers.

o
pots !

Does anyone need plastic pots ? Have more than I will ever use (especially since I need to cut back) so I would like to bring pots to whoever needs them. If you need some to pot babies for the swap, maybe we can meet somewhere beforehand. Let me know !

patty

o

Donna, I'd like a carex. What types of plants are you looking for? I'll have my list later.

o
More Haves/Wants

MORE HAVES
- small Christmas cactus - Fuchsia, orange, white, peaches & cream, red and salmon pink
- 2 year old amaryllis seedlings. (I started these from seeds from my amaryllis last year. I can't be sure what color they will be, thus I'm defaulting to red.)

WANTS
Natives; butterfly and hummer attractors; xeriscape; zone 7 cold hardy; roses.

o

I found a small white veined pipevine coming up. It has 3 leaves. If anyone wants it, post here for the swap.

o

Hi plantmaven,
I would love to trade for your white veined pipevine! What kinds of plants are you looking for and I will see what I can find?

o

Okay so I can begin rooting stuff for the swap or bring cuttings if prefered or plants/seedlings as specified of:

Cactus/ succulents:
prickly pear 'baby rita'-pad
prickly pear 'emerald green' - pad
texas lace cactus (pic) have 2 small plants prettiest blooms ever.....
very large wavey thornless prickly pear -pad
Sedum tetractinum Coral Reef
klanoche thyrsiflora - 1 plant
plectranthus tomentosa
Ornithogalum longibracteatum - bulbs/small plants
Crassula pellucida 'Variegata' small plant
variegated Aptenia
aptenia sunrose
Plectranthus amboinicus

Grasses foilage and groundcover
irisine herbstii
zebrina pendula
Tradescantia Pallida Purpurea
Tinantia pringlei
Callisia repens
Cyperus alternifolious -good pond plant many large clumps
tricolored sweet potato vine
oxalis triangularis

flowers/ vines tropicals
Stictocardia beraviensis
canna indica- tubers or plants
canna 'king humbert's red'- have 1 in gallon pot
brugmansia - pink or white -rootd cuttings
strawberry lemonade mandevilla
red sun parasol mandevilla
hibiscus "red disco flame'
rose of sharon - white with red heart
Justicia spicigera
Pachystachys lutea
Bixa orellana - seedling
tree morning glory (lavender) large seedling
Amorpha fruticosa - good size tree
Cassia alata - candlestick cassi
Laburnum vossi = seedling

edibles/ herbs
dragonfruit
passion fruit edulis
chaya spinach tree
apache blackberry
powder blue blueberry
peach "texas"
orange mandarin
lemon 'myers'
loquat
goji berry - 1 year seedling
papaya tree seedlings
red chololate tree seedling
mint "mojito"
mint chocolate
ashwaganda
fern leaf lavender
lemon eucalyptus
patchouli
white smudging sage

That is all I can think of right now will post others as they come to me :)

Really looking for cannas, pond plants, iris as I have a pond recently set up and a wonderful resident bullfrog that moved in, but love all kinds of flowers,vines, trees and edibles :)

o

Pinkpixie, you got it, if you will be at the swap. I do not want anything in trade.

I transplaned it this morning. It actually has about 6 leaves. As we did not have a killing freeze last year mine has really grown this year. some of the leaves are about 6 inches across.

o

Hi Rebecca (txpinkpixie) Fern leaf lavender please! The one you gave me last time turned out to be a real star. Hasn't stopped blooming.

Wavy prickly pear pad and chocolate mint.

I'll bring canna warscewiczii (pretty red bloom), two different umbrella plants and water iris.

If you'd like more mint I can bring Kentucky Colonel Mint.

o

Changed my mind. Fern leaf lavender sounds good

o

Rebecca, I'd like some Sedum tetractinum Coral Reef. I have Australia canna (very dark leaf) in exchange if you'd like to have one.

o

Hi Shirley (Rockoakdeer) - you got it! Mine did too and I grew them from seed started this feb. Those sound great and I would love some more mint

Plantmaven, I will put you down for the lavender too.Thanks for the trade!

Ragna (roslee) sure thing. I will write to you off list in a bit since we were not able to meet up last time :)

o

Good info on the fernleaf, Rebecca, I will try to save some seeds for spring too.

o

We`re going to make a weekend of it and drive up. I will be in the garden tomorrow and will post a list later this week. It will be great to finally meet everyone! Thinking of bunking with Barb and her dogs. :)
Tally Ho!

o

Tally, that is great. I am so looking forward to finally meeting you.

Kathy

o

Good to hear you've worked it out Tally. It will be great to finally meet you.

o

Rebecca, I'm sorry I missed you at the last swap. Email me. I thought I still had the list of your wants, but can't find it.

For everyone else this is what I have in pots now:

*Agave pups: several Green goblets and two other kinds that don't get too large
*Fruit cocktail shimp: 3 plants
*Night blooming jasmine (cestrum): 1 plant
*Wooly bee bush: 1 plant
*Yellow brug: 1 big pot of mature roots
*Roses: 1 La Marne, 1 Valentine, 3 Mrs. Dudley Cross, plus a couple of others
*Australia canna: 2
*Various cactus pads for rooting

What I can dig on request:

*Chocolate plants
*Coral vine
*Voodoo lily bulbs -- maybe
*Winter blooming honeysuckle bush -- if some branches have rooted

Looking for:

Any interesting succulents, such as sedums, agaves (varigated preferred), other desert type plants that I don't have. Especially interested in hardy cultivars. Or what have you?

o

I just erased my whole post so now here goes for the second atempt

Agave augustifolia variegata (tiny), Agave prot-americana (crassbanded fat leafed variety),Agave vilmoriniana (30+ rosettes so PLEASE ask for multiples), Agave ferdinand-regis baby, A very hardy dark green midsized agave that probably has A salmiana in it. .
Aloes: most are cut rosettes that are in the process of rooting now. so these are small. some have roots and some don't yet,but maybe by october.
Aloe glauca, A.nobilis, Aloe X spinossisma, A aborescens, A. deltoideodonta, A. deltoideodonta var fallax, Gasteraloe aristata x ?
Gasteria
Kalanchoi lucia, kalanchoi baharensis 'fang' (6" plant), Donkey ears kalanchoe small rosettes from leaf end with roots and growing.
Huernia procumbens and H. zebrina.cuttings, some rooted, mystery stapeliad (looks like gigantia)
pedilanthus macrocarpa
echeveria topsy turvy cuttings forming roots
Epiphylum oxipetalum, E. hookerii cuttings ,
opuntia cochinelifera, O. chenile,O. ellisiana, O. cacanapa var ellisiana,
Cylindropuntia whipleii (snow leopard) , Cylindropuntia imbricata,
Senecio himalaya cutting
I have 4 varieties of hardy ice plant that I lost the tags on, so some are a small lavendar and a pink (I think) variety of lampranthus spectabilis or delasperma. These are 2 somewhat low shrubby varieties, and 2 more mat forming, more fleshy, dark magenta blooming ones , Maybe a Carpobrotus edulis
Artemesia ludoviciana 'valery finnis"
Of the natives, I can probably dig up an agarita or an evergreen sumac, Salvia farenacia, S. Farenacia augusta duelberg, Salvia gregii, I can start some salvias rooting but it is so hot they don't always respond. I will try and report back closer to the date. once it cools off

I will probably find more but this is what I have right now. I have been killing plants due to over work.

Now the I WANTS

Texaspinkpixie, I wouldn't mind a goji berry, amorpha fructicosa, chaya, and a white sage (maybe) . do you know what the plant is exactly?. That is one of those things that people use different things depending where they live. Is it the Salvia apiana, one of the many native artimisia like A. ludoviciana, A. fifolia,A frigida? I am not trying to be snobby with the latin names so please do not be offended by them , I am just trying to figure out what plant it is. If you can't be mor exact, I probably will say I am in a gambling mood anyway. I do have three varieties of the A ludovinciana (sp?) but hey what's one more. LOL.

If people answer me by email (on my page) I can possibly send photos of the moms or of the actual plants.

o

Hey Ragna, no worries....I can't find it either. There were fig cuttings but I can't remember what I had for breakfast most days!

Hi Mara! I know you are the farthet thing from snooty it is a good habit to get into for clarification purposes...I was the one that was late to the last swap and we talked for quite a while...I think...did I bring you a granite birdbath?

You got it...the chaya and gogi berry are yours! The salvia is the s. apiana used for smudging and they are this seasons seedlings. Supposedly used to clear scattered energies and provide a calming atmosphere if burned like incense, but as far as I am concerned, the jury is still out on that :)
For trade I would love cuttings from any of the following: huernia procumbens, h. zebrina, the mystery stapeliad, escheveria topsey turvey, or pedilanthus macrocarpa. Can I hav kalanchoi "fang" you did mean 6" and not 6'right?

Hi dstartz!
I would love some hurricane lilies,christmas cactus (white) and hibiscus 'snow queen'. Do I have anything you would like for trade?

I may be able to talk the hubby into a couple more birdbaths if there is any interest this time around. I will see if I can squeeze one atleast for the door prize.

-Rebecca

o

Okay...I love this new picture feature and I feel compelled to share a picture of our newest family member...he is not shy at all!

o

Rebecca, I did get a bird bath last time. Love it. Did someone beat me to the amorpha fructicosa? Salvia apiana is the great , I want! If I could ask for the apache blackberry, Maybe I can figure a way to keep it watered. And that frog is it for trade?

o

I forgot to say that I will put your name on the things that you asked for. Rebecca. Please ask for some Agave vilmoriniana .

o

Hi Mara - nope not spoken for, I meant to put that in there too but I don't type as fast as I think. She is a big one(3+ feet above ground + roots)She is all yours and I will keep her sister.Do you want me to bring her in her 5 gal pot or would you like me to wrap her rootsin damp newspaper and bring her in a bag for travel to save space? Also, I was wondering if you had a pad to spare from your grizzly bear prickly pear this time (there I go with common names but I cannot find the correct scientific one, actually I found 3)?

o

Mara, I would love as many of the A. Vilmorniana as are available.

o

ALL 30 OF THEM? Yikes. Well,They are small still. I will send you a photo of them....tomorrow by email. Roselee did ask for some . LOL.

o

Ha, just two or whatever is left over after everyone else chooses. They are apparently cold hardy and grow well in part shade so I have some ideas for them.

o

Okie dokey

o

Mara, if no one has spoken for the baby Agave ferdinand-regis I'll wrack my brain to try to find something somewhere that you want to trade for :-)

o

Patty spoke for one but , gee, I have three. so right now I have two. I will keep my eye on what you have did you see the varigated A. augustifolia?

o

Mara, I have the varigated A. augustifolia and that's quite all right about Agave ferdinand-regis.

Shirley, wanted to pass along to you and others that may get it that A. Vilmorniana is not as cold hardy as many other agaves. A friend and I bought it summer of '09 and we both lost it to an early freeze that same winter. Mine was under a tree and covered with a double layer of quilts, but it is so beautiful I want to try it again.

Mara, do you grow it? I seem to remember that you collected the pups from a bloom stalk in downtown Austin, but maybe that event was on a blog I read.

o

Oh tthere is a a. ferdinand regis with your name on it. I had three babies that I was giving away.

I do know that these were flowering in Austin. I do not know when they were planted in the public streetside city planting in East 7th street, but 2 years ago we had that freeze. I also have a friend that grows it north of down town San Antonio for several years under an oak tree. I think that these agave need careful hardening off. They take a couple of years to atain their hardiness so they need to be protected at first. I am going to grow them in pots this winter and keep them outside moving them in for the bad freezes and then plant them in February. They will get cold but not COLD . next year I will protect them. I have not grown them before either. Maybe they are varible in the hardiness between populations also. that might be why there is so much conflicting info out their. I am hoping that theses are hardy since their parents completed their lifecycle in Austin. Always the optimist.
DSC_0111

o

Thanks all, I was thinking of planting around the oak trees like a ground cover, but this is not the right plant for that purpose. Some info stated hardy to zone 7 but that can't be right.

It does look like a beautiful container plant and wintering under cover.

o

Hello everyone- I've been reading posts on this forum for quite a while and would like to come to the fall swap this year not for plants, but for advice.

We moved into our home 9 years ago and have slowly been working on the landscaping. I have a pretty good size vegetable garden and have been adding flower beds when I have the time (and energy). I have some areas that I'm having a hard time coming up with plant ideas. I'm hoping you all might be able to help.

Of course I'd love to talk about it over cupcakes- I'm a lot more talented in the kitchen than the garden :) And I could bring pics to help you all see what I'm talking about.

I look forward to meeting you all. I think you have just beautiful gardens and a whole lot of gardening wisdom.

Lisa

o
lisa

Hi Lisa ! Will be nice to have a new face at the swap. You don't need to have plants to trade to attend. We welcome newbies and love to get them started, so you may want to bring a few boxes because I'm sure we'll be sending you home with some plants. We LOVE cupcakes ! (GRIN) We show our thanks by sharing what we have brought. I cannot vouch for everyone, but many will give without receiving.

Just in case... you may want to look up some of the plants that are listed here to learn if they might be something you'd like to grow. Bring your list with you and ask the gardeners more about those plants.

Fall is the best time here to plant perennials, and many plants that come to the swap are ones you can't find at just any nursery or box store. You'll see unique things to drool over !

I hope you'll be able to attend. We have lots of fun. If you have any specific questions, please feel free to email me at soriano471@sbcglobal.net.

patty

o

Lisa, ditto what Patty said. See you there :-)

o
patty and roselee

You all are an incredibly generous bunch.

One of the beds I'm thinking about needs to have work done on the porch behind it and gutters put in. It's probably smarter to wait until after that's done so things don't get trampled. There's also a couple of trees that need to come down (half dead and too close to the house) so I'll need to see how much the amount of sunlight changes in those areas. But I'll bring some boxes just in case- I have to carry the cupcakes in something :)

Lisa

o

Hi Lisa, we welcome all those interested in gardening and plants are definitely not required. There are always extras and those with established gardens may choose to share rather than tossing extras.

Look forward to meeting you at the swap.

o

rock_oak_deer
Yours - carex
Want - natives; butterfly and hummer attractors; xeriscape; zone 7 cold hardy; roses

Rebecca/TexasPinkpixie
Yours - hurricane lilies,Christmas cactus (white) and hibiscus 'snow queen'
Want - wavey thornless prickly pear, mint "mojito", mint chocolate

As I garden by the moon I will only have 2 more opportunities to root cuttings or repot seedlings before the swap. So anyone wanting rooted cuttings of 'Snow Queen' hibiscus, Turk's Cap, med height pink oleanders, durantas - white, med periwinkle & Sapphire Showers or any 2 year old amaryllis seedlings (probably red) please tell me soon. Thanks!

o

Cupcakes for plants? I`m in!

Have:
banana canna-tons and tons and tons of this stuff
giant walking iris (4)maybe more
variegated crinum (4)
crinum americanum (as many as you want)
blue agave-this is a huge one, these are pups
variegated agave (2)
pride of barbados seedlings
cereus cactus-this is a giant one, has gotten to 12`for me, very heavy bloomer-will bring cuttings if anyone wants it
barleria repens-orange flowers, shrubby vine
Curcuma elanta-this looks kind of rough, our chicken keep eating it!
Fresh bayleaves-let me know I will take cuttings

I will be digging and dividing so will post more as I dig it up.
Tally HO!

BTW, I am going to Emersons to pick up a plumeria for Barb, if anyone else wants one just pay him through paypal and let him know I will be piking it up for you. Don`t forget to tell me to pick it up LOL! I will go to Emersons a few days befor we drive up so get your order in before the 11th, we`re going to rent a car since nothing fits in the Miata or the Mustang and I will swing by to pick up the plants on my way back from getting the car.

o

Tally, I'd like one of the variegated crinum and one of the crinum americanum. I remember you like Brugmansia and I have several of those I can bring or I'll have a list later.

o

Donna, thanks. I've started some cuttings of Texas Betony and will get some other cuttings going as well with salvias. I'll have a list later.

o

Hi Tally!

Is there anything from my list that you would like for trade (big list above)? I would love a varigated crinium, varigated agave,Curcuma elanta, and please please cuttings from your cereus cactus (been looking for it a while). I see from your blurb you are setting up (or have set up) a pond and I have some peaches and cream waterlilies I can dig out of my pond. I have a few others but they have not bloomed for me yet so I am not sure they made it but I will look if you are interested in them.
~Rebecca

o

dstartz...you got it!! Thanks :)

o

Tally, I'd also like a varigated crinum. Check out my list above, plus there are other plants I'll be bringing such as:

*recently dug mature fall blooming aster
*recently dug mature lavender trailing lantana

o

I made 9 of these sempervivum 'water gardens' for a family reunion and I would be willing to trade 4 of them for plats, if anyone would be interested in them.

Although this pictures shows on 10 plants in the bowl, I will bring only bowls that have 11 plants in them.

Although the one in the picture only has 10 plants in it, the ones i will be bringing each have 11.

I would love to trade with:

roselee
Agave pups: Green goblets and two other kinds

wantonamara
Agave vilmoriniana and hardy ice plants

Do I have anything y'all might like to have?

o

Donna, gottcha' down for the agaves pups above. I'd love to trade for a bowl or two.

o

I am not going to bring plants to the swap. It has become too difficult for me to drag things to and from the car.
I will bring several colors of columbine seeds, if anyone is interested.
I am bringing the one plant for pixie.

Kathy

o
Sempervivum 'Water Gardens'

Something I should have included in my last post (instead of saying the same thing twice :-\ ), the 'water' bowls are 12" across and approx. 6" deep.

o

Kathy, I'm so looking forward to visiting with you at the swap. You've certainly done your share of sharing plants through the years, as well as getting this swap started.

Donna, sent you an email through 'My Page' about possible ID of the two previously unnamed agaves you are getting, as well as the 'green goblet'.

o

Tally, I'm interested in the Curcuma elanta. I don't care if the chickens have roughed them up. What can I bring for you?

Donna, you mentioned you wanted roses. I'll have one Lafter and several others mentioned above.

Rebecca, I'll bring fig cuttings (Uncle Nap's honey fig and Alma I think) for you and whoever else wants some.

o

Gotcha all!
I am totally flexible with plants, if you want to bring me one I will be totally excited. If not well, I will be totally excited you took one of mine! And if you turn your back I will stuff plants under your table or in your car BWAHAHA!

Always brugs! One of my favorites. Water lilies! OOOO!

I will run by Home depot and see if they have any more of the variegated crinums Friday when I am out. This one is a cream colored, not white like the one I already have, I bought 2 pots of it and divided them up to plant in the yard, then decided to swap off some of them. I almost bought all of them having no willpower.

Rebecca, how much of this cactus do you want?? I will bring as much as fits in the car as I have to cut off several 10` pieces this weekend.

Tally HO!

o

Tally, I'll bring the big yellow brug roots for you. I cut it back, but it's growing fast. Is there anything else that I've mentioned that you're interested in? Or you can look over what I'm bringing at swap time.

BTW, I'll have a couple of almost full rolls of landscape fabric to trade or to contribute to the door prize table.

o

I've listed the Christmas cactus and amaryllis before, but thought y'all might like to see pictures of what I'm offering in trade. The Silver Bush and house plants are new to my 'Have' lists.

Silver Bush, Necklace Bean
(Sophora tomentosa subsp. australis)

2 year old Amaryllis seedlings (probably red)

Christmas Cactus

More Christmas Cactus

House Plants

More House Plants

o

Divided up some of the succulents last night so will bring all of those.
Squill violacea, African hosta
Plumeria pudica-3 pots of 1 stalk each
Plumeria lee langetti seedlings-I think I have 2
Plumeria wave rage-1

dstartz-I would love one of your amaryllis and any bromeliads

Pink-patchouli please! I can not find it here. And if you have any left a pad of the wavy thornless prickly pear, I have a thornless that blooms pink if you want some of it. I also have native thalia dealbata for the pond, aka alligator flag and a purple stem taro if you would like. I will divide them this weekend.

Roselee-would you dig up a chocolate plant for me? I have had no luck with that since Ike hit, hopefully our salt content is low enough now it will grow.

I am always looking for liriope if anyone has any. I need ground cover the chickens won`t eat.

Tally HO!

o

Hey Tally,
I have plenty of wavey prickly pear and the pads are as big as dinnerplates, you got it! Patchouli also. (and water lilies and brugs if you want them.

Would LOVE pink flowered p.p.!!! The pond plants sound great also, and as many pieces of the cereus as you can spare would be awesome....thanks!

Hey Mara,
I didnt read your whole post...nope he's mine all mine and I am actually considering kissing him (the frog) but the blackberry is yours:) It is a thorny cultivar but surprisingly takes very little water and turns brown in the heat of summer but is already green again as it is getting ready for a fall performance. I think you will love it as the berries have that "wild berry" taste.

o

Tally, I have you down for 1 amaryllis (just 1?) and as many bromelaids as you want. May I have your Plumeria wave rage and a Plumeria lee langetti seedling?

(Sorry these look so rough. I've had a whole raft of health issues this year, thus these didn't find their way out of the deep dark recesses of my hoop house until a month or so ago.)

o

Pink, they are yours! Even though it is a thornless pp it will get thorns on the older pads, you know how they are. I`ll be dividing pond plants this weekend, they are in desperate need.

Dstarz-the plumeria are yours.
I`m an amarylli junkie so any that have no homes are welcome to come with me!

Tally HO!

o
haves / wants

Okay, finally got my list. Let me know if there's anything you might be interested in.

Pink Trumpet Vine (Podranea ricasoliana)

clitoria vine - these might act as an annual, so you might want to overwinter it.

variegated plectranthus (cuban oregano)
Vick's plant plectranthus
salvia coccinea red, white, and maybe dreamsicle
bilbergia
crag lily echeandia
rain lily pink or white
canna
crinum
ruellia squarrosa
birdnest sanseveria
Mother in Law's tongue sanseveria
Old Man's Pipe / callisia fragrans
pregnant onion
spider plant (solid, variegated, reverse var.)
jade
different kalanchoes:
donkey ear kalanchoe
Jingle Bells kalanchoe
panda plant kalanchoe
mother of millions kalanchoe
cissus quadrangularis
ghost plant
artillery fern
arrowhead plant
hybrid datura seedlings -- if you can overwinter them
Duelberg salvia
salvia greggii
flame acanthus
coreopsis
(1) fruit cocktail shrimp plant
columbine
night-blooming cereus
crape myrtle
Christmas Pride red ruellia
(1) red begonia
red salvia microphylla
dykia

WANT:

daylilies - something other than orange and yellow, unless bicolor, ruffled, etc. Would love pinks/purples/creams

interested in flowering natives and drought resistant, mexican oregano, coneflowers, salvias, Russian sage/perovskia

Since I have SO many plants, I would very much like to consider garden junk ! So, if you have things laying around cluttering up the garage or back yard, let me know what you have. I might be able to take it off your hands. No junk too junky to consider ! You'd be surprised what I've taken in trade. :-)

Please email me directly for any exchanges instead of replying here. I see email much more often. Thanks so much !

Also -- as you add your HAVES, also post your WANTS. Some of us make up lists of what we have in abundance, but if we see that someone wants something in particular, we might be able to find it for them.

Anybody know if Barbra is coming? She hasn't posted.

Patty

o

Patty, a Sophora, Red Yuccas and Hurricane Lilies are yours.

May I have a ghost plant, Duelberg salvia, white & pink rain lilies? Also, what kind of crinum is it? (I have some garden things I'm also bringing to trade.)

o

Hi everyone!

Sorry I am popping in a bit later than others. Looking forward to seeing all the "olbies" and meeting the "newbies"!

Here is what I have:

I can dig up if requested:

Baleria repens
Pavonia rock rose
Salvia Chiquita (1)
Aztec sweet herb
Frog fruit
Rootbeer plant
Wooly passion vine (passiflora foetida)
Purple amaranth
Red salvia coccinea
Indigo spires salvia

Cuttings I can bring if requested:

Basil �red bosa�
Cinnamon basil
Sweet basil
Boxwood vasil
Texas star hibiscus
Stevia
Turks cap (malvaviscus arboreus)
Agastache �apricot sprite�
Spearmint
Orange mint
Apple mint
Lemon balm (Melissa officinilas)
Salvia leucantha

I also will be bringing some seeds. I hope to go through those and list them next week.

o

Hello again,

Here are my trade "desires". I did not try to keep track of what has already been spoken for, so if some of these have, no worries!

Texaspinkie:
Red sun parasol mandevilla
strawberry lemonade mandevilla
amorpha fruiticosa
loquat
fern leaf lavender

Roselee:
lavender trailing lantana

Donna:
Amaryllis
Silverbush

Thanks! And sorry for some of the crazy text above. My apostrophes were apparently not acceptable!

Tonya

o

Hi nbtonya, I will gladly trade an amaryllis for a Indigo spires salvia.

o

Thanks Donna!

o

FYI~ my crag lily echeandia has just started blooming.

o
have

Forgot to mention that I also have

Barbados cherry

cedar sage

patty

o

Please disregard the curcuma elanta. I can not tell what is what in that bed. It might be canna or it might be ginger, the chickens have eaten most of the foliage and both have the same type rhizome, they look the same. I am sorry. Please choose something else from my list

Also have:
Squill violacea or African hosta, this gets a blue flower spike, great for shade, part shade, sun. Bulbs resemble lilies. Speckled leaves.

Tally HO!

o

Beach plant, is there anything that you would like on my list.?I would be interested in the squill violacea.

o

Hello plant people & gardeners. Newbie here to the site & the forum but an experienced gardener. Since I just found out about this, I would be hard pushed to bring plants for trade, but do have seeds? Are they acceptable trade items? What time does this exciting event start?

o

Hi Sue and welcome to the forum and the swap. Seeds are absolutely welcome, you will find other seed swappers there.

We enjoy getting together, making new gardening friends, and talking about our gardens even when it's been a tough year or we just don't have much to share from the garden that time.

o

anyone out there have plumerias they are willing to sell?

o

This thread is only for planning trades at the swap in San Antonio. Gardenweb does not allow selling of plants on their site.

That said, there are many resources for plumerias listed online and local nurseries also sell them.

o
selling our plants

Personally, I don't see any reason why we can't sell some of our plants at the swap if someone wants to pay for them. There are many posts advertising plant sales and I don't see that anyone on GardenWeb is preventing this.

RWalley, I tried to contact you, but you do not list your email address on your "Preferences." My email is listed on My Page if you'd like to contact me.

patty

o
MORE for my list

I keep finding things that I forgot to list. I also have:

Bee balm / monarda

large elephant ears

patty

o

The swap is meant to be a friendly event and it's important to keep it that way.

o

Tonya, I would like to try the stevia.

k

o

You got it Kathy!

Tonya

o

If anyone has any extra fall veggies (like maybe you planted lots of seeds and had too many germinate, wink, wink)I sure would be interested in those. My kale just germinated, so I might have a couple extra of those. Will post later if I do...

Tonya

o

Hi Tonya!
I would love some of your rock rose and or an azec sweet herb and cuttings from texas star hibiscus and orange mint. I know I have a well rooted red parasol mandevilla should have one more fern leaf and the others I will start rooting now or could bring cuttings if you prefer. Let me know if this is okay. Thanks!

o

Tonya, would you like me to start a few tomato cuttings for you?
I have one the is purple (ish) and has the best flavor I have tasted in years.

I like to keep one pot that I can drag in if temps are 40 or so. Daddy said 40 won't kill the plants, but does some cell damage.

o

Just wanted to say hi to everybody. I'll be there. Not sure what I'll bring. I have seeds. And Hoja Santa/Rootbeer Plants are all over, so can dig some up.

o

Just wanted to say hi to everybody. I'll be there. Not sure what I'll bring. I have seeds. And Hoja Santa/Rootbeer Plants are all over, so can dig some up.

o

Hi Linda, I had been wondering if you were planning to be there so it's good you checked in. Wonder if that was your Rootbeer plant I brought home from the citywide swap? So many people wanted that plant, I had to put it in the car!

o

Rebecca, gotcha down for the four items. I will go ahead and try to get the mint and hibiscus to start some roots. If they don't root by then, I will bring fresh cuttings. If it is not too much trouble, I will take you up on your offer to root the strawberry lemonade mandevilla, amorpha fruiticosa and loquat. Thanks!

Kathy, I would love to try that tomato. Sounds delish! This is the first year I have tried rooting some tomato cuttings. Out of 36 cuttings I only had 5 or 6 actually root. Fortunately it was one of each variety! I think I need to read up on propogation by the moon like Donna does and see if I have better odds!

Tonya

o

Tonya, when you pinch out suckers,use those to start new plants.

Donna, will you tell us how you start things by the moon?
Hahaha, that sounds funny. I meant at the swap.

o

I have not been to present, I have been very busy and the long list was intimidating. I have some time today to catch up

I have just started to root some salvias. They will be small but if you want them they are here if you are willing to take a chance at nursing them.. Leucophylum lavigatum ( chihuahua sage, like cinizo but low)
Salvia Gregii diane, S. gregii apricot, S gregii san antonio, Salvia nuevo leone, Salvia regla, Salvia melissodora, S. silkes dream, S . madrensis plants, S. chiquito plants, Salvia augusta duelberg.
Ipomopsis rubra, 1 small disocactus akermani, phlox pilosa, sedum palmeri, coriosis lanciolata,
gasteraloe greeen ice small bulbil
Agave royal spine and agave sharkskin small pups

Dstarts, I have you down for Agave vilmorininana, and some hardy iceplants. I wouls be interested in Mexican buckeyes and hurricane lillies if you have ant left, if not A pride of barbados or Sophora.

Rebecca, I have you down for "IT", The two huernias, stapeliad, pedalanthus, E, topsy turvy.

Shirley I have you down for Disocactus akermanii,Agave vilmoriniana, hardy iceplants.

Roselee you are down for discocactus akermanii agave ferdinand -regis
Agave vilmoriniana, hardy iceplants.

Patty, I have you down for the Huernia Zebrina and Agave ferdinand-regis. I would be interested in PINK RAIN LILLIES

Beachplant, I take back. I am not interested in the squill (too tender), But I would like some of the pink blooming PP and a arm of that cereus

NBtonya would be interested in your Kale.

Linda, good to hear from you I killed all the plants I gort from you , I am so bad. It has been a real busy summer. My garden was left behind.

o

Mara, I'm VERY interested in agave sharkskin and Agave royal spine! I'll poke around and see what else I can bring to you, maybe more of the same if nothing else.

o

Hi Mara! What an exciting list for a salvia lover like myself. I would love to have any of these that you might have available: Salvia greggiis: Diane, apricot, San Antonio, nuevo leone; S. regla, S. melissodora and S. Silkes Dream.

I have two types of kale germinated already and one more planted so hopefully can bring you three different kinds. Is there anything else on my list you would like?

Tonya

o

NBtonya, Three different kinds of kale is good. Any other vegetables??? I need to get my winter garden going. Can you put the agastache to root now?? If I get them rooting in a month it will be a little late. Now is good.

Roselee , you got the agave royal spine and sharkskin.

Patty I have salvias for you also, no worry

I guess I better go root some more salvias. LOL.

I think I need to add some mexican oregano to the list also.

o

I'm popping in for just a minute so that I can answer plantmaven's email. I would be honored to share with all of you what info I have about gardening by the moon. On my 'moon' page you can find most of the info you'll need. Unfortunately my calendar is out of date right now, but you can find the moon signs for the next couple weeks at the Farmer's Almanac.

I'm leaving tomorrow and won't be back until next Sunday and probably won't be on the site until I get back. I'll be happy to answer any questions y'all might have once I'm back home. Hope the above helps until then.

Donna

o

I dug up a few suckers from Roughleaf Dogwood. IF they make it, I'll bring them...no trade necessary if you want one. My yard is pretty crowded with the plants I already have.

o

I`m not sure how tender squill is but I think it`s pretty tough, it survived Ike and both years of hard freezes we had, that freeze killed my 30` rubber tree and a 25 yo plumeria. But the squill was unfazed.
Tally HO!

o

Linda,I would love a roughleaf dogwood if it is drought resistant once established.

Tally, DG has Squill violacia rated at 10a. Maybe that is the temperature the foliage is damaged. They can be conservative with their ratings. I have seen mexican oregano rated at Z9 there and I have had it growing through 11 degree snap winter before last without any problem.. I swear I have seen Squill violacia sold at Barton Springs Nursery in Austin out in the landscape section. I will try it. And much it outside. If it has a short lifespan, I will grieve a little knowing I tried. I am more than a tad colder than you . I am pretty high up outside of Austin. Right on the boundary between 8a and 8b. I think the boundary goes through the kitchen.

_always mara

o

Mara, I will try to get the agastache started today for you. I have just planted seeds for spinach and some lettuces so might have some big enough to thin by then. Will put both on my list for you.

Donna, thanks for the "moon" info! Can't wait to dig in (pun intended).

Tonya

o

Thanks Donna, have a safe trip.

k

o

OPEN GARDEN

Bob and I are opening our little garden after the San Antonio Plant Swap on Oct. 13. I hope you all can come. The time will be from 1:00 to 3:00 or thereabouts.

The swap usually starts at 9:00 and goes on until about 11:30 so this should give people time to get a bite of lunch before heading over our way. There are several restraurants very close to the park.

According to Bing Maps our house is 5.1 miles making it approximately 13 minutes from Rogier's Park. I'll give out directions at the swap.

Please let us know if you are planning to come so I'll have an idea of how many cookies to make (or buy :-).

You can reply through 'My Page' or send an email to: ragnaa at aol dot com

Come and pet the baby albino giraffe ... ;-)

Now back to the swapping!

o

I spoke to soon about the Mex. oregano. The stems are all woody and they root on fresh growth. If they push out new growth with these fall rains I will try again. Same with the Salvia ballotiflora. I am trying but they are desiccated from the heat and I do grow them hard. Thank you nbtonyafor sticking the agastache in to root. I hope it isn't a dried stalk like I am finding. Most of my salvia is rootable. The melissodora is hard to root so I hope some of them come through.

o

OPEN GARDEN

If it's more convenient for anyone to come over immediately after the swap that's fine too.

Addition to trade list:

* Pink leafed arrow head plants that Albert gave me

* Uncle Naps honey fig cuttings

Anybody particularly interested in roses?

o

Mara, the dogwoods I see out in the wild are pretty much near by a creek or river. Never noticed any problems at all during the droughts, but I do water from time to time. I've killed my share of plants too. Glad to see some rain here again. It's been SO nice!

o

Linda, Good to know these details. 5" here .Heavenly

I have some more salvia cuttings Salvia chamaedryoides, A red greggii/macrophyllia hybrid.

Nepeta walker's low cuttings,

Agave burnt Burgundy.

o

Mara,

I would be interested in the Salvia chamaedryoides, please! Interesting to hear there is a red variety, the things I found online all showed blue.

Thanks!

Tonya

o

Does any one have white and blue walking iris? I would love a start. I have some of the yellow I can swap.
I don't know what else I might have to trade.

o

My list of "haves" for the swap

Artemesia: Oriental Limelight
Mint: Kentucky Colonel
Salvia: Coral Nymph, Indigo Spires
Fig Ivy/Creeping Fig
Dichondra Silver Ponyfoot
Santolina: Gray & Green
Brugmansia: I received a pale yellow NOID from Albert about two years ago which I'm naming "princealbert" unofficially. Will be happy to bring cuttings for anyone who would like one.
Brugmansia Flamenco, Day Break, Double White, (Would prefer to trade for other brugs)
Wedelia Trilobata: You need plenty of room for this aggressive flowering ground cover.
Canna warscewiczii: Bronze foliage, red tropical flower, (originally from Patty some of you will already have this one)
Melinis nerviglumis 'Pink Crystals' ornamental grass (2)
Echeverria ruyonii
Dicliptera resupinata

Honeycomb rocks

o

Tonya, The reddish one is another salvia, a microphylla gregii hybrid. The S. chamaedryoides is blue with silvery white foliage.I will add the s.ch. to your list.

I stopped in my traditional "post dentist Nursery stop"and bought some Salvia gregii "teresa" , S. gregii 'raspberry' and a Salvia microphylla "wild watermelon" so I will have a few cuttings of these too. I also found a leonitus menthalatum (SP?) in the yard .

o

Oh Mara, I misread your sentence. Thanks! Would love a cutting of the red hybrid, and the mycrophylla "wild watermelon", too, please. Feel free to "cut me off" if I am asking for too many! No hard feelings here.

Tonya

o

Patty, I will be there. I am bringing giant red leaf crinums for Talley. I took my cactus soil, so I could start digging up plants, but after Betty called. I just wanted to get back home. I am going back this week, to see what I have to offer. Barbra

o

Patty, I will be there. I am bringing giant red leaf crinums for Talley. I took my cactus soil, so I could start digging up plants, but after Betty called. I just wanted to get back home. I am going back this week, to see what I have to offer. Barbra

o

o

Hey folks! Looks like ill be taking the day off so most likely ill be able to go to the swap. I seriously have missed going so I'm real excited. As for what I have to trade, I don't really have much since I've been so busy these last 6 months at SABG. I can make some cactus soil and I was thinking of dividing some irises that I got from Kathy a few years ago that went crazy. Ill write more later.

o

Joey, you've been missed. I'm so glad to know you're able to come. I still have the purple flowering cactus you gave me years ago. I think it's called 'lace cactus'. In fact it got so big a piece fell off and I rooted it so now I have two. Also appreciate the 'baby rita' I got from you. I'll be bringing various cactus pads and a few other things.

o

Hi Joey!
We have missed you too, I'm so glad you checked in to let us know you'll be there.

Even if you don't bring much to trade, you can tell us about SABG, sounds pretty cool.

o

Joey, glad the iris did well. Patty mentioned them the other day. She does not know they are gone from out front.
Everything grew too well out there. My poor neighbor can't see to back out of his driveway. I am gradually getting rid of the taller plants.
k

o

It was good to hear from Joey, but we haven't heard anything from a couple of other regulars like Gina and Meredith. LeapingFrogLady replied to the announcement on the Discussions Forum. I hope that means she's coming. Jim isn't able to make it this time.

Don't anybody worry about not having a bunch of plants to trade. It's just nice to get together once in a while to chat and catch up and I'm pretty sure you'll go home with something :-)

o

Hello everyone, I just found this thread. I would like to give away some of my lemongrass, grapefruit and tumeric plants. I will bring them on that swap day. God willing.

o

I would love some lemongrass and tumeric. Is there anything on my list you are interested in some things are spoken for but many remain.- Mara

o

Hi mamachile and welcome to the swap.

I'd like some lemongrass so please check out my list too.

If there's anything special you are looking for let us know, some things we might not bring unless we know there's a request.

o

Hi mamachile!

I would like a grapefruit if there is something on my list you would like to have in trade :)

Hi Sue!

What kinds of seeds are you interested in growing. I have a huge bag and am harvesting more evertime I get a day off. I will see if I can package up some for you and others that may be intersted. I have a lot of edibles and flowers and I think I would need 10 acres to plant them all out.

Hi Wally!

Are you coming to this swap? I just have a single tip plume right now. Is there anything else you are looking for (btw thanks for the rose of sharon trade)? Hope to see you there:)

o

Mara, lemongrass and tumeric, checked
Rockoakdeer , lemongrass, checked
Texaspinkpixie, grapefruit, checked

Ok ,

For now I don't know what I want, I just want to give away plants otherwise they would be in the trash.

On the day I will bring some purple pond iris plant. I think someone here may be setting up a water garden who might be interested.

o

Hi texaspinkpixie, would you like a purple iris plant for your pond?

o
wow!

WELL... I have had a very busy summer, and have been out of the loop. I do know I have that day available..so Yippee! Now what am I bringing... ?!

Anyone want tilapia? I have lots of babies- get with we on email- ginalitwin@yahoo.com

I will try to get my act together and figure some other things out.

What I am looking for. - MINT! I have the peppermint and spearmint, but looking for other varieties like apple or orange.. I did have a pineapple one I will have to see if it is still going good. I am cutting them and making mint teas.. Hope everyone has had a good summer. Gina

o

Tilapia is a fish, right? Just checking. Someones trading cupcakes for plants, why not fish. LOL

o

Hi Mamachile!

I would love some purple iris :) And is lemon grass a pond plant too? Someone mentioned it to me today to keep mosquitoes at bay and said it is 10 times better than mosquito shoo geranium (did not know). Do you have a pond and if so I can bring a waterlily peaches and cream. What kinds of plants are you looking for? I am sure I can find something for trade.

o

Okie doke I went by Lowes and got some clearance sages. Two look like may night salvia and the two others appear to be leucantha but don't quote me as they had no tags. For those who are looking for trading material scanning the clearance racks yields good plants 9 times outta 10

o

Gina - Glad you can make it.

This thread is getting near the end and I've set up a second thread to continue. Keep using this one to 150, but I'll be busy tomorrow and wanted to make sure it's available. I'll link them together later today.

o

Hi texaspinkpixie
Thank you for replying. Yes, purple pond iris is yours as well as lemongrass. I read on yougrowgirl website lemongrass do grow in pond margin very well. I saw the picture and it was stunning. It also a good to rid of mosquito. Yes my husband Mike and I have a little pond but he is not putting anymore plants in it. The koi just ripped them all.

Today I sorted out the yard a bit and found more plants to give out:

Two guava plants .... All with one fruit still hanging.
One curry plant and,
One anthurium

Let me know if anyone interested.

o

Mamachile, I'd like to try the curry plant. Thank you! I know you said you were giving things away, but I'll have some things at the swap to trade if you'd like, or if you know of something you want that I've listed above let me know.

o

Ok roselee, thank you. See you soon.

o

Here's the second thread to continue swapping.

Here is a link that might be useful: Continue swapping here

o

mamachili, I am interested in your guava! let me know what I can bring you in exchange.
Tally HO!

o

The list so far:

Mamachili-guava
for: ?

Barb-crinums
for:

Patty: artillery fern
for:ginger

Rebecca (Texaspinkpixie):wavy prickly pear, patchouli, brug and water lilies
For: cereus, spineless nopalito (pink blooms), thalia dealbata, purple stem taro, variegated crinum, variegated agave

Roslee-: chocolate plant, yellow brug
FOR: variegated crinum, squill

Rock Oak Deer-honeycomb rock please! brug and a cutting of the double white brug pleasepleaseplease I lost mine in Ike.
FOR: variegated crinum, crinum americanum

Plantmaven: if the chickens haven`t eaten it all I will dig up some of the blue/white walking iris for you, I also have a giant one that I think is a blue/white bloom

Roselee: cuttings of Uncle Napo honey fig
FOR:

Mara:
FOR: squill, cereus and spineless pink nopalito

DSTARZ: amaryllis, bromeliads
FOR:plumeria wave rage and Lee Langetti

Who? What? am I forgetting??? I will update my list on my next day off.
Tally HO!

o

You got it Tally, I know there aren't many rocks out there on your island.

Shirley

o

Additonal plants for my have list:

White scutellaria, skullcap

Salvia NOID distinctive blue-black flower, looks like 'black and blue' but was not marked.

Kalanchoe laetivirns-Big Momma

o

we have rocks, they are just ground up really tiny and called sand LOL!

Rocks and cupcakes, now those are trades! Jim is as excited as I am about the rocks.

Forgot Lisa on my list! How did that happen? Ya`ll weren`t gonna tell me either, they are my cupcakes, mine! all mine! I`ll share.

Lisa: cupcakes
FOR: whatever you want!, take it all! What can I dig up out of the yard for you?

Tally HO!

o

Above are various flowers that I have growing in my yard. If you would like a cutting, let me know.

o

Above are various flowers that I have growing in my yard. If you would like a cutting, let me know.

o

I have a 6 ft. cane begonia that has enourmous pink florets. I will be cutting her down for the winter. If you would like a cutting, let me know if you have any edibles or herbs or amaryllis (what color?).
Thing is this cane begonia loves waterdowned beer and soda. It is amazing how tall she has grown on rain water and these other beverages. LOL

o

I'd like to try a cutting of the begonia.

o
HAVE: Green Cardamon Plant

I have green cardamon plant. It is a mediterrainean plant that produces pods used for cooking and are very expensive. However, they are tropical. I have yet to see it bloom. I suppose the dry TX weather is the issue. However, when you water it it smells like cinnamon.

o
HAVE: Green Cardamon Plant

I have green cardamon plant. It is a mediterrainean plant that produces pods used for cooking and are very expensive. However, they are tropical. I have yet to see it bloom. I suppose the dry TX weather is the issue. However, when you water it it smells like cinnamon.

o

I do not want any plants. I am just going to see everyone. Barbra

o

I do not want any plants. I am just going to see everyone. Barbra

o
Anybody Want to Trade for Pecans

Our pecan tree is making a bumper crop this year and my backyard is covered in pecans. Would anyone be interested in trading plants for pecans?

o

From what I can tell there are a few other people coming in from out of town as I am. Instead of bringing my camper I got a room (via Priceline) at the Howard Johnson that is just under a mile away from the swap. Contact me privately if you might be interested in sharing the room (I'll be sleeping on an air mattress on the floor as I hate hotel beds).

o

FYI...I will not be at the swap. I have out of town company.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Texas are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here