Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Austin/San Antonio Fall Swap - Oct 27

Posted by chargreen TX/Aus/SM (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 4, 07 at 11:55

Mark your calendar for the fall swap.

Saturday, October 27 9:00 am till ?
Plant Swap and Potluck Lunch and Doorprizes !
Once again at the Buda Pavilion in downtown Buda. More info later.
See you there.
Charlotte

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Austin/San Antonio Fall Swap - Oct 27

Would anyone be interested in cuttings from this epiphyllum? I don't know what variety, labeled "night bloooming cereus" and blooms were white.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mama epi

o
Swap Details

I hope every one is getting ready for the swap.
If you would like to be added to the evite list let me know. Please start posting your haves and wants on this thread.
See you on the 27th,
Charlotte

Here is the basic outline for our swap.

The swap usually starts at 9am sharp and we usually do door prizes and a potluck lunch around noon. It's usually all over by 1:30 or 2 depending on weather and how many people come. As for what to bring, the options are wide open. Plants of course, either divisions of your perennials, or cuttings you started or seeds you collected and labeled. Sometimes people bring whole plants they decided they didn't like anymore or didn't have room for. Also, if making new plants is not your thing, you can bring gardening related items, books, terra cotta pots, tools, etc... People are generally very generous and eager to make newbies feel welcome so there are no hard and fast rules about what you can bring. Also, most gardeners just don't want to take any of their own stuff back home so they are often not expecting an "even trade".
Also, we do have a donation jar if you want to help with the pavilion rental fee.
There is also a list of things you may find useful to bring:
camp chair or stool
card table (there are no tables provided at the Buda pavilion)
extra plant labels and marker
extra plastic pots - usually someone needs these
plastic bags for transporting goodies
plastic nursery trays for transporting goodies
Drinking water
rain jacket (for some reason our swap usually causes a shower!)

o

Here are my haves and wants:

haves:
dwarf ruellia (will dig and pot as requested)
Mexican petunia (will dig and pot as requested)
shrimp plant (6 potted, 4-6 inch, maybe some 1 gallon)
cape blue plumbago (will dig and pot as requested)
iris, old fashioned white (will dig and bag as requested)
cast iron plant (will dig and bag as requested)
morning glory, blue dawn (3 1 gallon)
rock rose pavonia (4 potted)
agave (potted miscellaneous sizes)
rough-leafed dogwood (2 1 gallon)
American beauty berry (6 1 gallon)
white wisteria (2 1 gallon)
yellow canna (6 1 gallon)
gulf muhly (1 - 5 gallon, but can pot more)
Mexican feather grass (4 - 1 gallon)
turks cap (5 1 gallon)
Virginia creeper (will dig and pot as requested)
confederate rose, dbl pink (4 1 gallon)
crape myrtles, pink (4 1 gallon)
crinum lilies (6 1 gallon)
amaryllis (will dig and bag as requested)

wants:
lily of peru (alstroemeria)
anacacho orchid tree
evergreen sumac
cardinal flower (lobelia cardinalis)
columbine
cedar sage (salvia romeriana)
prairie foxglove (pentemon cobaea)
blackfoot daisy
jerusalum saage
gay feather
damianita
Mexican oregano
iris (yellow, purple, blue)

o

I would love to come to the swap! I have never been to one, and it sounds like fun. Please see my page for what I have available. I should have more seeds by then. I also have lots of Society Garlic that I have just divided, and I will have some Gladiolus bulbs.

Ally-can you bring me a Gulf Muhly in addition to the Beautyberry and Virginia Creeper? You have so much good stuff!

o

Astresing,
If you will send me an email, I can bring some of the items you have on your want list.

You also have listed a few I would like to have.

I am so looking forward to the Swap~

Thanks so much,
Jani
San Marcos, TX

o

Texanjana, I will put you down for the gulf muhly, virginia creeper, and beauty berry. I would also like some gladiolas and society garlic if you have extra. Let me know if I can bring you anything else. I have lots of other plants that I can make cuttings from. I've got a long weekend coming up and I plan to get all my swap stuff good and organized.

I also have an indigofera tinctoria in a 1 gallon size, plus I think I can make more. Plus, aloe vera, aspargus fern, water lilies, elephant ears ... hmmmm, what am I forgetting...

o

Hi folks,
Can't wait to see everyone at the swap. I am *yet again* in the situation of having just moved and starting a new garden from scratch, so here's my lists:

HAVE
Asian jasmine - many - non-native but great for indestructable shady groundcover
Elephant ear - 1 - it's green and petite
Spineless cactus - 2
Succulents - various and many

WANT
Any and all TX natives and adapted species, but especially
Turkscap
Salvias
Cacti& succulents
Beautyberry
Grasses

Astresing - perhaps you could help me out on the beautyberry and grasses - I would love one of your roughleaf dogwoods too :) thanks!

As always, I'll bring some doorprize items too.

o

Lindsey, I will reserve you a turk's cap, beauty berry, roughleaf dogwood, gulf muhly, and Mex. feather grass.

I would love some succulents. Whatever you have would be great. I've only just started to collect them, so I don't have very many. Plus I lost some of my favorites back when we had all that rain. I have a backer's rack on my front porch now, and I think in the future, I'll bring them undercover if nature decides to deluge us again.

This weekend is my big prep for the swap weekend, so if you want something don't be shy. I'll be checking the board frequenty.

Happy Gardening.
Ally

o

Thanks Ally! I'll bring a nice selection of succulents for you!

o

Hello, fellow gardeners. I potted this weekend around 10 small starts of hens and chicks (Sempervivum)and 10 small pots with creeping Jenny (Lysimachia nummularia). I am also taking some small Southamerican handcrafts and maybe some other garden related items. I don't know what I want yet. However, astresing's American beauty berry already caught my eye. Let me know if you are interested, Ally.

I'll provide water and sodas for 20 people.

Omar

o

what is everyone looking for ? I'm hoping to bring just what others want. Those of you who know me, know that I usually bring wayyyy too many plants. And after taking nearly 600 plants to a fundraiser last Sunday I don't want to lug more than I need to. I will also try to post a list of what I have, but would love to see more people list their "wants." Please feel free to email me directly, too.

patty

o

I'm just getting back from a 4-day weekend out in the garden. I was very busy... digging, potting, and digging some more to get ready for the swap. I too suffer from Patty's over packing dilemma. Though, Patty, I gotta say, at 600 plants, you are the queen!

Omar, I will gladly bring you a beauty berry. My property has quite a few mature specimens and they are just drooping with berries this year. Beauty berry is one of my favorites.

See ya'll soon.
Ally

o

Would anyone want some heirloom daylilies? These are the kind that rapidly multiply and can get rather tall. They are orange with a bronze orange in the middle. If you have a place for them to run free you will love them. Came from a relative in Tulsa. I always have red firecracker plant (russellia) too.

o

• Posted by ocgf Z8 (My Page) on
    Wed, Oct 10, 07 at 22:40

Thank you, Ally! I hope you can find something you like among my goodies.

sowandsew, I would love to have some of your daylilies. Orange lilly is my daughter's favorite flower. Let me know what you are looking for.

Omar

o

Omar, I'm sure I'll be able to find something among your goodies. I was going to ask for a creeping jenny plant, but I was intrigued by your Southamerican handcrafts, and thought I'd wait and see what you brought.

sowandsew, orange daylilies and fire cracker plant sound good to me. Is there anything on my list you would like? (reference an earlier posting by me).

See ya'll soon!
Ally

o

I plan to attend as usual. I have yet to really take stock of what survived all the rain in May & June. I am still in the process of regaining control of the flowerbeds since the rain created a bumper crop of weeds. I have resorted to weed-eating most areas just to see what survived. I will post again when I have an idea of what is available. For now, I know I have ornamental grasses, sedums, butterfly iris and bearded iris. I would love to have a start of the feather grass. Carla in Leander

o

Omar & Ally I'm glad to share daylilies & russellia. Really, I mainly come to our swaps to say hi & talk plants with everyone & to pass on my surplus. If you want any of my plants then they are yours, no strings. I love being surprised by what everyone has.

o

Thank you, astresing, you can have a jenny plant and a Southamerican handcraft. No problem.

Thank you, sowandsew.

Omar

o

Well, I was working out in the garden this weekend (I know, it's a shocker). Anyway, I potted up a bunch more stuff. Does anyone want salvia uliginosa (Bog Sage) or salvia cocinnea (salmon/pink color)?

Carla, I will put you down for a Mexican feather grass.

Much thanks sowandsew. I think this is going to be a great group and a great swap. I'm really looking forward to it.

See ya'll soon.
Ally

o
Pre-arranged swaps, anyone ?

Hi Charlotte,

can we get an idea of what everyone is bringing for the potluck lunch ? At the swap in San Antonio I think we had mostly desserts with only one meat dish and some pasta salad. We were all on sugar highs after that !

Here is a list of things I have to bring. Please let me know what you might be interested in. As most of the regulars know, I usually bring too much, and I don't want to pack all day Friday, so I'd love to know exactly what to bring. I'd be very grateful !

ice plant
lyre leaf salvia
airplane plants
old man's pipe
ardisia
liriope
purple heart trandescantia
angel trumpet
sideoats gamma grass
vinca
bulbine
castor bean
mexican honeysuckle
pavonia rock rose
canna
ficus
potato vine dioscorea bulbifera
carrolina jessamine
night blooming cereus
mexican flame vine
ruellia brittoniana
ruellia squarrosa
salvia coccinea, white, dreamsicle, red
walking onion
redbird cactus
rose of sharon
yellow flag iris
pregnant onion
var. artemisia
large elephant ears
sedums
hot lips salvia
milkweed asclepias
society garlic
hibiscus
lindheimers senna
banana
eyelash salvia blepharophylla
rudbeckia
yellow begonia
artillery fern
african hosta
common kalanchoe
tickseed kalanchoe
christmas cactus
jade
alamo vine native
carrion plant/starfish flower
crassula
variegated and vick's plant plectranthus
oxalis
chives
cissus quadrangularis
aloe vera
jewels of opar
pink passion vine
queens crown / coral vine
trumpet vine
butterfly vine
arrowhead plant
haworthia
native lantana
pride of barbados
lady banks rose
old pink climbing rose
sanseveria

Some things are limited, so the first person to ask, will receive the plant.

I might have a few other things to throw in, so please come look on my table, even if I bring you a pre-arranged swap.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again !

patty
castroville

o

Ally, I have some society garlic I can take for you. I haven't posted my list of haves yet. I would like some of your Gulf Muhly. Is that the one with the pink feathers? Also, what color is the flower on the crinum? If it's any color but white, I'm interested in it.

Thanks.

o

Tue, Oct 16, 07 at 20:54

Hi, Patty. I would like the following from your goodies:

- ice plant
- purple heart trandescantia
- bulbine
- hot lips salvia
- castor bean (would they overwinter?)
- asclepsia
- oxalis
- hibiscus
- pink passion vine
- pride of barbados
- redbud cactus

Thanks!!

Omar

o
for Ally

Hi Ally,

Don't know if I'm Queen or not, but I sure felt like I packed enough plants for a kingdom !

I see that you are interested in columbine. If I didn't get rid of the Texas columbine at last weekend's swap, I can bring one of those for you. Would you also like some yellow flag iris ? Or were you looking for the regular short version of iris ? I may have some succulents for you, too. Don't know names of all of them, will just bring and you can see if you have them already. Is there anything else on my list you might like ?

patty

o

Can't understand why we're so far down in the forum. I'm having to do a search to find Charlotte's post about this swap. Hope this puts it closer to the top.

o
can we do this ?

Charlotte, that being said (my post above) I saw where it went once I submitted the reply. This is located in the Exchanges section. Can you post the swap on the Texas Gardening forum ? I think a lot of people look there. Would it double our readers if it's there, too ? Just curious.

patty

o

rosetx, yes the gulf muhly is the one with the pink feathery plumes. It's blooming right now. The crimun I have is an old fashioned pink one I got from an old home site in Taylor. I'll bring you both. The society garlic sounds good to me.

Patty, I would like to have the plants listed below if they are available. I will definitely still come by your table to check out some of the plants I'm not familar with. Thanks for your generosity.

rudbeckia
eyelash salvia blepharophylla
var. artemisia
hot lips salvia
african hosta
lyre leaf salvia
angel trumpet
milkweed asclepias
salvia coccinea, white
yellow flag iris
haworthia
pink passion vine
variegated and vick's plant plectranthus
jewels of opar
ardisia
yellow begonia

See ya soon.
Ally

o

Ally, thanks a bunch!

Here is my list of haves:

Billbergia Nutans
Aloe saponaria
night blooming cereus
Purple wandering jew
Chile pequin
Black Knight Canna (red flower)
Jewel of Opar (small plant)-I also have a big one I can dig up if anyone wants it, let me know.
Bulbine
Mother of Thousands
Society Garlic
Spineless cactus
Blue Agave
Lemon balm

Want:
Unusual herbs
Crinums
Toad lily
Fragrant perennials

Thanks.

o

rosetx, please put me down for the billbergia nutans and the society garlic. I'm also interested the jewels of opar and bulbine if you end up having extra. Is your name Rose? Just wondering who to look for at the swap.

See ya.
Ally

o

Yes, I'm Rose and I'll put you down for those items. See you there.
Thanks,
Rose

o
RE: HAVE: San Antonio Fall Swap - Oct 27

Ally, I just noticed you also have a white wisteria. I would like one if it's still available.
Thanks.
Rose

o

Rose, you bet, I'll add the white wisteria to your list.

See ya.
Ally

o

Hi All,
Here's my haves & wants.

Have:
Butterfly Ginger - White
Shell Ginger (Green - not variegated)
Heliconia Pitt. - St. Vincent's Red
Colocasia - Hilo Beauty
Billbergia Nutans
Amaryllis - Red Lion
Moy Grande Hibiscus
Turk's Cap - Red
Hypoestes - Polka Dot Plant - Pink / White / Red

Wants:
Toad Lily
Upright EE
Fishtail Fern
Iris
Cast Iron
Spiral Aloe
Wild Coffee

See ya there!
Beth

o
For ALLY

Ally, do you have an email address we can reach you at directly ?

I have your list.... will check it against what I have left after the others who've already contacted me. I should have quite a few left for you. Could you save me a pink crinum and a gulf muhly ? thank you, Ally

patty

o

Hi, everyone. Looking forward to the swap.

Haves:

Lemon Balm
Society Garlic
Mexican Mint Marigold
Texas Mountain Laurel
Lyre Leaf Sage
Gulf Coast Penstemon
Inland Sea Oats
Ox-Eye Daisy
Potato Vines
Coleus
Rose Cuttings
Lots of Seeds

Wants:

Texas Betony
Blackfoot Daisy
Maypops Passionvine (Passiflora incarnata)
Incense Passionvine (Passiflora incense)
Antelope Horns Milkweed (Asclepias viridis)
Butterfly Bush
Angelita Daisy (Hymenoxys)
Fennel Seed

Jana in Austin

o

Hi Astresing,

Would love some of your cast iron, yellow canna & plumbago.
I have yellow, blue & purple iris. Let me know if you're interested and I'll give you the exact names.

Thanks!
Beth

o

Patty, my email address is astresing@yahoo.com. I will reserve you some crinum lilies and gulf muhly. Your post sounds good, I'll take whatever you can spare. Surpise me!

Beth, I will put you down for cast iron plant, yellow canna and cape blue plumbago. The iris sound good to me. I also noticed you had ginger's on your "have's list". I would love some ginger. I bought my first tropical ginger this year and I'm growing it in a pot. It hasn't bloomed yet, but I think it may be grown more for the folliage since it's a striking reddish/brownish color. Are your gingers hardy or tropical?

Happy Gardening!
Ally

o

Hi All!!
Yes I spent the weekend potting and trying to make a list of what I intend to bring.

Omar, if you have another bench like the one you brought in the spring, I would love to have it.

Patty, if you decide to bring back the bench from Omar, I would love to have it. I also am interested in the African Hosta, too.

Ally- I too would love some Gulf Muhly.

Here are the plants that are potted that Ron and I are bringing:
Red Salvia
Hens & Chicks
White Crinum
Pink Ice Plant
Yellow Ice Plant
Red Amaryllis
Mother of (Millions) Thousands
Penta - Red
Texas Mtn. Laurel seedlings
Pecan Trees
Hollyhocks - yellow
Agave - Americana
Sweet Potato Vine - Purple
Oregano
Trumpet Jade plant
Ladie in a boat - Purple hearts but vine is green
Sweedish Ivy
Zig Zag Plant
Purple Ajuga
Several succulents that I don't know the names of
Spider plants - curly, verigated
Kolanche - several colors
Watermelon Plant - I have no idea the real name, my neighbor has had it for 25 years and does not know the name
Anternanthea - party time
Iris - flag, yellow
Pencil Cactus

Red Yucca Seeds
Shindagger Yucca seeds

We also have alot of seeds.

If there is something you would like to pre-trade, please send me an email! I have still not finished wading thru all these posts and hope I haven't missed out on something great!

We are both so excited and look forward to seeing everyone!

For potluck, we are bringing a crockpot full of meaballs and rolls, plus rice crispy treats.
And........a couple of really cool doorprizes so don't forget to enter your name!!!

Wants - I would love to find some calla lily bulbs or seeeds, and day lily bulbs or seeds.

I love starting from seeds~

A great Thank You to Charlotte who has kept the emails moving and making plans for the Swap.

See you all there!!!

Jani - San Marcos
Ron - Round Rock

janidob@gmail

o

Well, I guess we're in the home stretch now. Is everyone ready? I was doing some last minute potting over the weekend. The pre-trade orders have been very successful, and I needed some more gulf muhlys. Luckily, I've got plenty to spare and most are blooming right now which is nice.

Jani, Please add purple ajuga, and yellow ice plant to my list.

See ya'll soon!
Ally

o

Will do Ally!!
See ya there!

o

Mon, Oct 22, 07 at 22:24

Hi, Jani. I saw your post. I do not have another bench. Sorry. However, I think I have a Southamerican handcraft I think you would like. It is a "brisero" (breezer?). It is a small country house made of painted clay. It is hollow and it comes with a separate base that is a candle holder. When you light up the candle and place the hollow house on top of it in a semi-dark place, the windows of the "house" light up like the teeny tiny house was occupied. Interested? I'd like to have your red amarillys, white crinum and the potatoe vine for it if the plants are winter hardy. Let me know.

Omar

o

Jani,

I would like a Kalanchoe and a Pink and Yellow Ice Plant. Please check my list up further in this post to see if I have anything you want.

I have no idea what food I am bringing yet. I will bring some water bottles and some paper goods.

Omar-the potato vines are not winter hardy, but you can grow them over the winter inside as houseplants. I have three colors I am bringing too! Can't wait to see your handicrafts.

I am looking forward to meeting everyone!

Jana in Austin

o
Probably won't make it

Hello all. There's a great possibility that I will not make the swap on Saturday. First one I've missed in forever ! I've emailed most of you individually if I had a pre-arranged swap with you. I didn't want you to bring things with my name on it if I wasn't coming. I will still have your plants in the spring, so I hope everyone will make plans to be there next year ! Have a good time !!

Patty

o

I just now finally found where the haves/wants were being posted for the Fall Swap so a little late getting in on the action. I definitely will be there with my usual assortment of unusual and hard to find plants from my collection which I will be delighted to share with everyone.

My wants are few:
Wooly Butterfly Bush (Buddleya marrubifolia) - I really hope someone has this!
From those listed already:
A roughleaf dogwoods from "astresing"
Moi Grande hibiscus from "cannabeth"

My haves for Wants already posted are:
Variegated toad lilies for RoseTx
A "knock your socks off" variegated Kalanchoe for texanjana
Other Haves:
Two variegated varieties of Phillipine violet (Barleria cristata)
Agave desmethiana 'aureo marginata'
Variegated japanese honeysuckle (not rampant and brilliant in color)
Two different species of Turks Cap (yellow variegated)
Dwarf Hummingbird Bush (Hamelia patens nana)
Double knockout rose - rooted cuttings
Martha Gonzalez rose - rooted cuttings
Variegated Toad Lily
Thai-hybrid Crown of Thorns cuttings
Kalanchoe (pale blue with cream colored variegation)
White TX Star Hibiscus seed

Also, you are welcome to see my entire plant collection at
www.southeasttexasgardening.info/plantlist.htm and let me know if there is something there you'd like to trade for.

Being a collector, I am always looking for plants that are "out of the ordinary". Tempt me :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Southeast Texas Gardening

o

Bob, the variegated toad lily sounds good to me if you still have some to spare. If not, the yellow variegated turks cap sounds good too.

Thanks a bunch.
Ally

o

Yeah! Bob has the variegated toad lilies. I would love one. If there's anything on my list that you would like, let me know.
Thanks
Rose

o

Hi Bob,

I would love a toad lily, if you have any available.

If there is anything from my list you are interested in, I would be glad to save it for you.
Thanks,
Jani
San Marcos

o

I will make sure I bring a lot of Gilt Edge (variegated) Toad Lilies to the swap - seems like this one is going to be popular!

o
Almost time for the Swap

Looks like everyone is as excited as I am about the swap.
I'm bringing the usual swap set up stuff and whatever I swing by and pick up for the potluck. For those of you that aren't familiar with Buda there is an HEB and SuperWalmart on the way to the park.
The plants that I potted got pretty beaten up in the wind so whatever looks not wilted I will bring.
So far I plan to bring the following.
Umbrella Grass (Cyperus Alternafolius)
Incense Passionflower
Seeds for Cypress Vine
Zexmania
Multiplying Onions
Society Garlic
Blackie Sweet Potato
If anyone wants the following pond plants I can bring them
Pennywort
Parrot Feather
Four Leaf Water Clover (Marsilea quadrifolia)

Looking forward to seeing you all at the swap.

Charlotte

P.S.
Patty we will miss you! Hope you surprise us and get to come!

o

I'm considering coming to the Swap this weekend. I've got a few 5-gallon pots with American white waterlily (nymphaea odorata) that I can bring if anyone is interested. My mom's got more than she knows what to do with.

o
Fall Swap

ridleycat,
Please do come to the swap. I would love to have a white waterlily. See my post above to see if I have anything you want. Also, I forgot to add that I am bringing some native liatris(Gay Feather).
Charlotte

o

Thank you for the welcome. I'll definitely try to make it.

Here are some of the things I think I'll be able to bring:

gladiolus corms and cormlets (I think these are just the basic pink kind)
African basil cuttings
American white waterlily (5-gal. pots)
lots of seeds for vegetables (carrots, lettuce, spinach, mesclun, onions) and a few ornamentals

I'm pretty open to cool plants to trade.

o

Charlotte, you just caught my attention with your Gay Feather. That's a plant I've definitely been wanting. Please check my list and see if anything intests you.

Ridleycat, welcome, I'm so glad you've decided to come. I would like some gladiolus corms. Please check my list to see if anything interests you.

See ya soon.
Ally

o

Charlotte, I would like some of your four leaf clover and if you still have some gay feather as well.

Ridleycat, I would like an american white waterlily.

My list is up above if you'd like anything.
See you all there.
Thanks.

o

Charlotte,

I would love to have some Gayfeather as well if you have enough! Please see if I have anything you want.

I also have a bunch of Red Hot Pokers if anyone wants them.

Jana

o

Jana, yes on the red hot pokers. If you wouldn't mind adding it to my list that would be great.

Thanks so much.
Ally

o

We have a total of eight five-gallon pots of American white waterlily. Probably what we'll do (since those are a little unwieldy) is bring the number that have been requested on this thread, and then bring a few more just in case. So if anyone else is interested in a waterlily, please let me know. :)

o

Ridleycat
I would love a white water lily too, if you have any not spoken for.

I am also interested in your glad corms, Pink is fine with me. I have very pale lavender.

Thank you,
Jani

o

Hi Everyone,

Won't be able to make it on Saturday due to a back injury caused by of course - a very heavy pot. Looking forward to the Spring swap and will put aside requested plants for Patty, Ally, & Bob. Have a great time!

Beth

o

Charlotte,

I will be bringing the sausage and rice as usual. I will also bring a door prize. This is my list of plants I know I will bring:

weeping love grass
miscanthus
lemon grass
deer muhly (if it will come up)
butterfly iris
bearded iris (purple)
oxalis (regular pink)
canna (solid orange blooms)
rick rack
epiphyllum (white blooms)

various seeds (cleome, datura, rock rose, candlestick, jewel of opar, columbine, chives, castor bean, others)

If anyone wants a yucca plant, let me know, otherwise I'm not bringing it.

Whoever has the red hot pokers please save some for me. I believe mine drowned this summer.

I'm sure there will be other things I can get into the car at the last minute.

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.

Carla

o

I'm bringing gayfeather (Liatris) for Ally, Rose and Jana and I have a few more. Also Rose I will bring you a four leaf water clover.
Carla can you save me a butterfly iris? Only one that I got from you last swap survived the rain. I'm glad you are bringing your sausage and rice it's always a hit!
Jani is bringing an extension cord and power strip for the crockpots. They have done some work on the pavilion so it is a little different but still no tables! The weather is going to be beautiful!!! I think we have around 30 people who have told me they are coming.
See you tomorrow,
Charlotte

P.S. Beth I'm so sorry you can't come. I hope you feel better soon!

o

I didn't know we were going to have electricity, so I planned a cold dish. I'm bringing a cold pasta dish with chucks of ham in it. I'm also bring some chocolate chip cookies that I will bake tonight. It's close to lunch right now so I've got food on the brain.

I was really worried about the weather last night. I heard some places were going to get into the 30's. By the time I heard that, there wasn't much I could do but pray. I have way to many tropical plants outside in pots to do anything last minute. My annual plant migration is akin to the large herds of wildebeest migrating across Africa. When I woke up this morning it was 47, so no problem. Did anyone experience any of those 30's they were talking about?

See ya'll soon.
Ally

o

Carlotte, Larry Cook will be coming with me tomorrow. Larry is no stranger - he attended the last two swaps. I will bring a a variety of soft drinks to go with all that yummy food.

o

Last minute request. Does anyone have Kampheria rotunda (a ginger variety) that they can divide and share?

Bob, NW Austin

o

I am bringing pizza pinwheels and brownies to eat.

o

Fri, Oct 26, 07 at 22:44

Well, I an almost ready for tomorrow. The plants, garden items, non garden items and the handcrafts are already on the truck.

Carla, I'd like to try my luck with one of your white epiphyllums. I have a start of Carex hachijoensis that I think you will love. In my opinion, it's a great performer: beautiful, elegant, perennial, evergreen and winter hardy.

I'm afraid I'm going to miss Carla's rice :(. I gotta go at 11:30. If I miss Carla's rice this time I'll get it in spring. Right, Carla?

I'm bringing water, ice and french bread.

See y'all tomorrow,

Omar

Here is a link that might be useful: Carex from Omar

o

Where exactly is the pavilion?

o

Take I-35 exit 221 and go west (loop 4 / Buda's Main Street). You are going to pass Walmart, HEB and Cabela's Dr (2 traffic lights). Keep going until you find the train track on your right. Turn right after the train track (San Antonio Rd). The park is on the right side.

Omar

o

Sat, Oct 27, 07 at 17:21

I just want to thank everybody for their plants and goodies. It was a great swap. I think we had more "diversity" this time (plants and food). I came back home with a lot more plants and fuller belly I had planned, as usual. Until next spring! Thank you ya'll!!

Omar

o

I had a great time today and enjoyed meeting everyone. Thank you so much for all of my goodies! I hope I can make it in the spring with more stuff to bring!

Jana

o

Beautiful day, great swap. I love my "Austin/San Antonio Plant Swap T-shirt." Thanks, Jani. Charlotte, thanks for another opportunity to meet fellow plant lovers & put faces with the names. I really appreciate your organizing us & attending to the details. Hi, Curt!
Marjie

o

I have 6 pictures I took at the Plant Swap posted in the photo gallery at http://www.plantswap.net Thank you everyone for sharing. Looking forward to early April 2008 for our next Swap. Charlotte, your effort to make this Swap such a success deserves our greatest appreciation.

o

Howdy and thanks for all the fabulous plants I came home with - I can't wait to plan out where they all will go. I hope to have more variety to bring in spring after my garden has grown up a bit.
Take care y'all!
Lindsey

o

My mom and I had a great time and came away with all sorts of wonderful new plants to try. Thanks for the welcome, and we'll definitely try to make it again in the spring.

o

I had a wonderful time and met some great people. I hope to see you again in the Spring. Thanks for the invitation.

o

Ron and I had a wonderful time. He commented that I might actually have come home with less than I took, which is exceptional!!
Thank you Charlotte for a great get together. It was wonderful seeing everyone and I am very pleased with all the plants I have acquired.
Bob, thank you for answering my plant identification questions.

I can't wait til spring! I also think there was a nice diversity in the plants.

Ally & Lindsey - I will be digging purple iris' this weekend and promise to get them in the mail by monday. Lindsay you should be getting mail today, it's the seeds you wanted.

It was wonderful meeting new swappers as well as seeing people from the last swap.

Thank you to everyone who came and hopefully we will see you all in the spring!

Jani & Ron
San Marcos & Round Rock

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Texas are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here