Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Ft Worth Swap Trinity Park November 1

Posted by sylviatexas z8a Tx (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 14, 08 at 12:42

Hot as blue blazes, & yet....

It's time to start planning for the Autumn Swap!

I think I smell that fresh, earthy, autumn leaves aroma in the air already!

If anyone knows of a conflict with the City of Ft Worth or the Parks Dept, please let me know so we can change the date.

I started a few cuttings this week:

weeping willow
some other kind of willow
Bridal Wreath Spirea
sedum with yellow flowers
artemesia
Confetti Lantana
& a lantana that I'm *sure* used to be a Confetti, but this year it's only produced mauve/pink flowers.

a couple of rooted Golden Rain tree seedlings.

rooted cuttings of English Ivy.

& it looks like I'll have a bunch of historic landscape irises (that's what you call them when you don't know what they are because they've gotten so crowded that they didn't bloom in the spring!)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Ft Worth Swap Trinity Park November 1

I'm in. So far, all I have going is a variety of lantanas and Victoria Blue Salvia, but will hopefully have more by then.

o

I am swimming in seeds this year. I'll also have some Texas Star Hibiscus, Brazilian rock rose and columbine plants. Is there anyone out there who still needs orange daylilies? I've got 'em. Cheryl

o

wow, I guess I better get started gathering things up, been so busy just trying to keep things alive in the heat.

o

I am going to try my best to be there. I have missed the last 2 and hated it. I probably won't have anything to trade because of the move but would love to visit with everyone.

o

• Posted by alley 7b Ft. Worth, Tx (My Page) on
    Tue, Aug 19, 08 at 9:28

I think that I can make this one. I don't know what I'll have yet, but the columbines sound good (I should have some shasta daisies, but considering I got the seeds from you Cheryl, I'm sure that is not what you're looking for.) I should also have some irises (same situation as Sylvia) and I'm trying to root a couple of duranta's (not looking good at the moment, but I'll keep trying). I love seeds. I'll have to look around and see what I can come up with.
Alison

o

Vanessa, we've missed you too. I will look forward to seeing you again. Alison, my mom started the columbines from seeds I gave her last year. She has very little sun in her yard and yet everything seems to come up that she throws in a pot. I will have some of the pink rock rose as well as the Brazillian variety.

I would be interested in some hosta divisions because I have a couple of large shaded areas to fill. And I just put in another pond, so I would be interested in more pond plants too. Cheryl

o

Ooo goody we're gettin' this going! I had intended to build a website specifically for the swap, then got into it and said "Wow databases are HARD!" Maybe spring next year ... >.>

Ok, my kids just realized that an adult sat down and tried to relax. I'll try again tonight to get a list together of what I've got that's alive.

o

I plan on coming. I know I will have plenty of seeds, maybe some cuttings of various plants. I do not know what I will have until next month. I haven't had any luck w/ cuttings this year. But I hope to have some rooting plants by then. -Element

o

I'm turning into a plant-cuttings fool!

I've stuck some Jewel of Opar into some cut-down plastic water jugs, + some Wandering Jew, both the purple & the green-with-a-purple-edge type, + some other stuff that I can't remember what it is, not bein' in front of it right now...

I should have a bunch of stuff this autumn, just hope somebody wants some of it!

o

Mommyfox...

I do a little database coding and i do a lot of web design projects, if you need help w/ the site I would be more than happy to help out.

send me an email, I will help any way I can.

o

Element, I love you. Will send you an email shortly.

In the meantime, I stuck my list on my LJ so it will be continually updated.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mommyfox aka Julie's Plant List

o

Julie, if you can come up with about a handfull of grape hyacinth bulbs for me, I'll give you a grunch larkspur seed. Cheryl

o

I would like to join this swap. Mainly I'd like to meet more local gardeners. Warning--I'm a complete newbie.

I have some red canna seeds, yellow Z. Primulina Rain Lily seeds and Stevia cuttings/plants.

How should the cuttings be packaged for the swap?

o

joie, come right on!

Complete newbies are our favorite guinea p-uh, protegees!

You probably have time to get some cuttings rooted, which is the best way to bring them if possible.

Put each plant or rooted cutting in its own little pot with its name on a marker (cut-up mini-blinds are good for this).

If you can't get them rooted in time, cut the cuttings if possible the morning of the swap & wrap the stems in damp paper & put them into plastic bags, such as grocery bags or newspaper bags, with the name of the plant stapled to the bag or written on the bag with a heavy black magic marker.

Secure the top of the bag in some way, either tying it loosely or putting a rubber band loosely around the top, & keep them in the shade so they don't wilt.

Texas traders:

Stevia is a wonderful, fun, perennial herb.

Its leaves are used as a substitute for sugar!

o

Cheryl, sounds good to me! But what's a grunch? Joie, I love rain lilies! Is there anything on my list (link above) that you'd like to trade for some rain lily seeds?

o

Mommyfox, I've already admitted I'm clueless. Recommend something for me. I have nasty red clay (hard as a brick) soil and no shade. My rain lilies are growing happily in pots until I can afford a jack hammer to bust through the dirt! LOL

o

Ruben and I will, as usual provide a delicious lunch of hot dogs with all the fixins, chips and cold drinks/water. Plus paper plates, etc.

o

Barefoot, you want to take a look at my list and see what you might like in exchange for lunch?

Joie - butter and egg wildflowers can take the heat pretty well, and are cheerful little plants. How about a couple of those?

o

Mommyfox, You got a deal! All I ask for is enough info so that I can look up the care and feeding of any plant on the web later. I have added and will continue to add other items to my exchange listings as I go. I know I will have yellow rain lilies but I might also have white, pink and prairie sunsets by November.

o

Julie, a grunch is a big bunch. Since I have about 4 lbs of seeds, which is probably about a billion you can have a grunch, or a bunch, or just a handful. I harvested as many as I could and expect to have another huge crop next Spring just from the ones that got away. They are prolific reseeders, so you want to put them somewhere they can spread out. They are good for naturalizing in a meadow and will come back reliably every year.

I have a wildflower meadow area on the back acre and have some rain lilies up there already, but would love to have more because sometimes in late summer they are the only things blooming.

Cheryl

o

Woo-Hoo!

Some of my weeping willow cuttings are leafing out already!

I may have to root some more.

More, I say, more more more!

They say "Nothing succeeds like success", but I'm wondering if this propagation stuff might turn out to be more along the lines of "Nothing is as addictive as green things sprouting"!

Bwaaaaa Haaaaaa Haaaaa Haaaaa Haaaaa!

ps: I should also have some celosia (cockscomb) seeds!

o

Hello all,

We brought nothing to the spring meet, so am trying to find something to take this fall.

Most of the plants mentioned are for outside, but what we have most of, are considered indoor. Would anyone be interested in Holiday cactus or hoya cuttings (hopefully rooted)?

John

o

Heck, yeah, bring that cactus & hoyas!

Those things are *wonderful*!

& since you reminded me, this is a good opportunity to mention that "Plant Swap" is a very loose term indeed.

If you're a new gardener, or if you've just moved, or if your garden got wiped out because you spent the summer in Alaska, & you don't have surplus plants, you can always bring other things, such as...

tools
garden art
supplies (plant labels, bamboo stakes or skewers, cocoanut coir, hanging baskets, pots, etc)
books
things to eat (I my own self, for instance, don't cook, so I'm always happy to trade for canned or frozen things from the garden, as well as my perennial faves, homemade double chocolate brownies & cookies!)
potting soil, vermiculite, polymers

o

Hey all,
I will be there for sure, I'm sure Donna will also attend.

I won't have a list until later.
I have a very short list for now.

dwarf cockscomb seeds (I Love this plant - flower like old fashion christmas ribbon candy) & best of all only about 12" tall
Artemesia
batchelor buttons seeds (white, light purple & dark purple)

I'll have a couple things for the drawing too!

Oh Joie,
I would love to get some Stevia cuttings/plant & rain lillies any color.

I don't know about anyone else but my garden didn't do so well (I finally planted into the ground out front & the weeds & grass did great, but all the daylilly bulbs & gladiolas that I planted never seemed to come up - maybe I might have pulled some up with all the blasted grass. LOL

Debbie

o

Debbie, No problem. I'll put you down for the Stevia and Rain Lilies. Right now I know that I'll have rain lily seeds in white and yellow. I keep hoping my pink ones and my prairie sunsets will give off seeds as well.

o

I would love to come to the swap. I'm new to GW, only been a member since June. I just got back into gardening after 20 years. Got tired of looking a my boring backyard.

I've been walking around my yard and I don't really have anything that I could bring to swap. I mainly have evergreen shrubs and trees. I do have hibiscus but I doubt that seeds would be ready by November. I think the only thing I have are some double purple datura seeds and some red Texas star hibiscus seeds and not many of either. Don't suppose anyone would be interested in used nursery pots?

But I still would like to come and meet some of the garden web people that I have meet on the forums. I have never been to a plant swap but it sounds like fun.

Deb

o

I am going to try and make this one........I usually go to most of the Houston swaps.......at least I can come by before I have to go to work that day.........David in Arlington

o
RE: Ft Worth Swap Trinity Park November 1

Deb, Tropicgirl, used nursery pots are good for trades, bring 'em all. You can be assured that there will be some plant maniacs there who would love to have the pots. And don't forget that you can also bring cookies, breads, jams and stuff like that to swap. The folks in our group have only one other thing they like to do as much as gardening and that is eating. Don't worry about what you have to trade, come and join us, the more the merrier. Cheryl

o

Thank you Cheryl. I am looking forward going to my first swap and meeting fellow gardeners. I will have some zinnia and marigold seeds by then as well as the hibiscus and datura seeds I already mention. I know I may not have much in the way of plants or seeds but I do know how to bake. Good to know I can bring bake goods. :)

Deb

o

Tropicgirl,

This will also be my first swap. It will be great to meet fellow gardeners. I've been talking about it so much that my sister wants to come now!

I would like some of your Datura seeds. Please review my trade page to see if there's something you'd be interested in.

JK

Here is a link that might be useful: JK's Tradeables!

o

Can it be?
It's only early September & I'm already trying to catch up?
How did I get behind so quickly???

Joie, I can bring you tons of 4 o'clocks & confetti lantana, & if you have enough, would like some orange mint & maybe yellow rain lilies.

Julie/mommyfox, I can bring you Turk's cap, comfrey (don't know what people do with it these days, since "they say" not to make tea with it), seeds for hardy hibiscus, rooted shrimp plant (cross fingers).

If you have enough Amethyst Falls wisteria, & maybe some Algerian ivy, I'd be one happy camper.

Tropicgirl!
Puhleeze let me know what I can bring you from the garden;
I am the Forum's most avid fan of homemade kitchen goodies!

Shadester, I admire your gardening obsession, going all the way to Houston for a swap;
I went to Houston at Christmas, & it was a 4-hour project
(that's as long as it took Gilligan to get totally lost at sea!)

If you'll post some haves & wants, betcha you'll get some good responses.

o

Tropicgirl, I agree with Cheryl, bring the pots as I will have a shortage thanks to some very giving people. I should have roses rooted by then and who knows what else.
This will be my first also, very excited about it too.

Mike

o

Sylviatexas,

That's a deal. Do I have enough orange mint? HA! The Rain Lilies should not be a problem either. I have seed pods coming out of my ears at the moment. I'm just waiting for them to ripen and hopefully not blow away in the wind.

o

Sylvia - this date is firm right? Cause Ruben wants to reserve the gazebo. He said the $35 is worth it so he doesn't have to bring his grill and table cause we can use theirs. Of course, in case of inclement weather there is a refund policy. Is this okay with everyone.

o

Yes, I'd say the date is firm, since no one has objected since August 14, & they've had ample time.

Maybe we should set up a tip jar of sorts to go toward the cost.

o

Thu, Sep 4, 08 at 16:18

Sylvia,
I'm not sure what I have yet, but could you keep me in mind for a shrimp plant? I'll have to see what of mine you want in exchange (may have to be something edible if I can't come up with something good to grow).

Some rain lily seeds also sound fun. I'll have to see what I have. I do know that I have tons of marigold and vanilla ice sunflower seeds (great for this heat) if anyone is interested.

I'm going to start working on this soon.
Alison

o

alley, sure!

(If I don't have another one started, I'll take cuttings!
Bwaaaaa Haaaaa Haaaa Haaaaa!)

o

Mommyfox - put me down for Blue Henry Duawhatever Salvia. Thanks. barefoot aka Brenda

o

Dahlberg, I think, Henry Dahlberg.

o

• Posted by liz_h 7/8 DFW Texas (My Page) on
    Thu, Sep 4, 08 at 19:18

Oh, I think I'm finally gonna manage to come to one of these! It will be so fun to finally meet everyone. I'm going to sow some pansies, snapdragons, and assorted herbs - right now I'd love to have an idea of how many people might want. (I'll be growing some indoor herbs in a south window this winter)

I can probably use about anything, plants or seeds. I particularly want some confetti lantana for DH. He does all the hard work so I can garden. I can use groundcover plants, sun or shade, just no high water requirements.

I don't suppose anyone has any peonies they need to divide? My Grandma grew such beautiful ones.

I NEED POTS & FLATS. If anyone has any 6-packs or other nursery leftovers they would be throwing away, I'd love to have them. I plan to winter sow a ton of stuff, and will need space to grow it on past the seedling stage.

o

Liz - If you have any WHITE pansies or snapdragons, I'll take as many as I can! I have some confetti lantana; I'll see if I can get some cuttings to root.

I've got a bunch of pots; after I sort out my garage (ha!) I'll bring my leftovers, and you're welcome to them.

As for groundcovers - I have asian jasmine, algerian ivy, purple heart and wood violets. Of these, the algerian ivy is the least invasive; all of them are shade. The last two are really just short perennials, but they spread and are pretty enough to plant en masse.

o

Liz, I have a couple of plastic flats (don't know if I have pots for them), plus lots of English Ivy, a shade-loving groundcover.

Although it spreads so well that it's invasive in some areas, I haven't had it trying to climb the trees here.

would love some perennial herbs such as rue, sage, or rosemary.

o

Liz, I might have some peonies. Some of mine have gotten so big they are starting to crowd out everything else. You wouldn't have any hosta divisions would you? That's what I'll be looking for. I don't really want the tiny little minature varieties, I prefer the larger ones that have the bluish colored leaves.

Here's my HAVE list, so far:
English ivy
Rock rose
Brazilian rock rose
Texas Star hibiscus
Texas Gold columbine
Lavender columbine
Larkspur seeds

Cheryl

o

Element321 and I are working on a webpage just for the swap! I put a link below. It's still being developed - I need y'all's opinions! Sylvia I hope it's ok I quoted you on the FAQ.

Here is a link that might be useful: Swap Page

o

Tue, Sep 16, 08 at 17:40

mommyfox - I'll be tickled to death to have your pots! The pansies and snapdragons I have are mixed. They probably won't be in bloom by then for you to select the color. I have some all white snapdragon seed on order. I could have them potted up for you, but they would still be pretty small at that point.

sylvia - I can use the flats, too. I don't have any perennial herbs, but may have some loaves of homemade bread.

seamommy Cheryl - Sorry, I don't have any hostas. Can I tempt you with pansies, snapdragons, parsley, cilantro, chives, or bread?

Everyone, please excuse my delayed response. Something came up & I was afraid I wouldn't be able to make the meet after all. I need to talk with DH re the groundcovers, but will get back to you.

o

Have:
* Purple Cone flower seeds
* Winter Squash seeds
* Yellow Columbine seeds
* Light Pink Oleander Cuttings
* Purple Crepe Myrtle - seeds

* Rooted Red Oleander
* Rooted Light Pink Oleander Cuttings
* Purple Crepe Myrtle Cuttings

Wants:
* Dwarf Banana
* Clematis
* Daylilies
* Ginkgo Biloba
* Wood Fern
* Japanese painted wood fern
* Fig
* Large Elephant Ears
* Meyer Lemon Tree
* Water Plants
* Cast Iron Plant
* Parlor Palm
* Low and medium light indoor plants
* Gold Fish Plant
* Mother-In-Law Plant or snake tongue
* Snake Plant
* Nursery Pots -Any size but prefer 3 gallon and larger
* Planters
* Fancy pots of sizes, shapes, and colors
* 5 gallon buckets
* 35 and 55 gallon plastic drums

o

element, I know I can bring you some cast iron plant, & if I can get myself in the mood to get slimy water all over me, I'll bring you some water plants!

o

sylviatexas,That would great! Thanks for posting your list on Ft Worth Garden Swap.

Everyone please come out to the site and up sign and post your lists. These lists can be edited. This system will be easier track everyone's.

With list you can edit them when you add more items or remove items, when they are taken.

Take a look at my add to see what mean.

Thanks

PS sorry about the slowness of the site. There something causing the database to run slow. I am working to correct the issue.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fort Worth Garden Swap

o

Oh Wow! I should have came back in here quicker. I'm sorry about responding so late.

Joie33: I'm excited too. It's great that you got your sister to come with you. If you have any rain lily seeds left, I would love to trade for the purple datura seeds if you still want them. Let me know and I will reserve some for you.

Sylvia: What's your favorite baked goods? :)

Mike1206: Looks like there will be a few first timers there. Good to know I won't be the only one. lol
I need to take inventory of the used nursery pots I have. I will post later when I have a count and sizes.

Question: Please don't laugh, but what time does the swap start?

Counting the days to Nov. 1st. Excited about meeting all of you.

Deb

o

FYI: Got the slowness issue resolved on the garden swap page. Please add your lists to the garden swap pages

o

Hi All,
I'm a plant newbie also. I have a "brown thumb" and would like to trade it in for a green one. :) I've been invited to the Nov. 1 swap by a nice gentleman I met on Freecycle when I was asking for flowering plants for my sad, plantless flowerbed. He and his son came by today and brought some great plants to me. I can't thank him and his son enough for their generosity in giving me the plants and helping to put them into the flowerbed. I'm so thrilled at how wonderful the bed looks with plants in it...can't wait to see the flowers they will have. I'm not sure if I will have any plants to share, but I can bring some cake and cookies, if that's ok. :) I'm looking forward to learning about different plants, how to plant them, and what care they will need. See you Nov. 1
Linda

o

tropicgirl, I'd love some datura.

I'm trying to figure out what to do with the ever-so-popular rain lily seeds. I have several pod's worth (collected in the past month) and expect more before the swap. This is the first year I've grown them and never from seed. All the advise I've read online says to plant the seeds ASAP. So do I bring seeds to the swap or plant them in peat pots for everyone that wants them. Planting them now should increase the odds of germinating. To everyone that's asked for rain lilies, how would you like me to deliver them?

JK

o

Mon, Sep 22, 08 at 8:22

I'm working on my list and will get it on the garden swap forum (at the moment I'm pretty sure there will be shasta daisies).

Mommyfox--I owe you some gingers from the spring swap. But, I saw that they weren't listed on your wants page. Do you still want some? Let me know and I'll get them ready.
Alison

o

tropicgurl, I love homemade goodies, & they don't have to be fancy;
my Aunt Margaret used to make homemade bread, just, you know, *bread*, & it was the best stuff!

I do confess to a sweet tooth;
cookies & brownies are special weaknesses!

I finally did something I've been jabbering about for a long time, dug out the weeds along the side of the drainage ditch along the road (nearly killed me!) & put some mulch over it.

It's a western exposure with intense summer sun.

In places, I've planted some very hardy sun-lovers, but there are a couple of gravelly spots that need something especially tough;
anybody got any ideas?

o

Sylvia ~
my Dallas Red lantana & May Night salvia are thriving - they are at the end of our driveway, btwn my compost bin made of cinder blocks and the alley pavement - afternoon and evening sun + lots of reflected heat & no add'l watering
~ Amy

o

The Chi Chi Mexican petunia (tall pink) that I planted on my hell strip has taken over. Before I had that in there, I had good luck with autumn sage (salvia gregii), Mexican sage, and Russian sage (do you see a theme?).

Lin

o

joie33-I have some datura seeds reserved for you.

sylvia-I'll bring some baked goods for you.

I'm getting more excited. Just 5 more weeks :)

Deb

o

Sylvia,
Butter and egg wildflowers, cuphea and alyssum have always done well for me in difficult spots. You want one of 'em? I have some bat-faced cuphea that I could take cuttings of. I wasn't planning on trying to get any to root, but for our Sylvia, I could give it a shot, or take cuttings the morning of the swap.

Oh, and anyone who hasn't checked out the forum, it looks like it's working pretty well! Feel free to email me if you need any help, I think it will be great way to organize this year.

Here is a link that might be useful: Swap Forum

o

NurseLinda, welcome aboard!

You ask a good question, What time does this shin-dig get started?

o

In the past, people have started arriving and setting up their stuff around 10, though things generally aren't in full swing until between 11 and 12.

o

momfox, thanks!

If you think they're likely to make it thru the winter, I'd love to try bat-faced cuphea.

yes, we "officially" start at 10, but people sort of drift in, some earlier so they can set up & be ready to race at the sound of the starting gun, some later so they can browse at the displays already set up.

o

Hi all,

I'm a bit late getting into the fray but here is what I can bring for sure

Larkspur seeds
Garlic chives
Lirope clumps
Rooted Rosemary cuttings
Apple mint
Spearmint
Passion Vine seed pods
Trumpet vine seed pods
Ananas melon seeds

Possibly rose cuttings
lemon balm

Joie I definitely want some stevia!

I want some things like bee balm, lavender, herbs and plants that attract beneficials and birds.

Will xpost to the forum :)

o

Weenerdog, I would love some passionvine seeds please, I got some in the spring and they grew like champs but never bloomed, so naturally I want to try them again. I have some red bee balm, if you would like to swap.

Here's my HAVE list, so far:
Rock rose
Brazilian rock rose
Texas Star hibiscus
Texas Gold columbine seeds
Lavender columbine seeds
Larkspur seeds
Cleome Seeds

I also have one lonely koi, about 6-7" who needs a good home where he can have some company of his own type. Will trade him for duckweed and water lettuce and other floating plants.

Cheryl

o

Seamommy you have yourself a deal!!

o

I got some pineapple mint from someone in the Spring & it burned up this summer. Does anyone have any to share with me? It smelled so good & I never even got to make any tea from it.

Thanks,
Debbie

o

Tue, Sep 30, 08 at 2:12

joie33, I've read that rain lily seeds work just fine for wintersowing, so I'd like to have the seeds. I have a ton of seeds listed in my post on the Plant Swap Forum.

Element & Mommyfox, congrats on the site! It is very nice to be able to edit posts & track trades all in one post.

Here is a link that might be useful: my list on plant swap site

o

Okay folks - got the "permit" for the gazebo area at Trinity Park for November 1, 2008 from 10:00 a.m. til 2:00 p.m. Nothing else going on in the park that day that will cause interference. See you all there

o

Wed, Oct 1, 08 at 9:17

Ok, I have posted my list on the other site.

Joie33--do you still have any rain lily seeds left? I saw on your list that you also have canna seeds and want sunflower (you had other seeds, but I don't have any of them). I have mamoth sunflower and vanilla ice sunflower. Interested in swapping? I also saw that you had bee balm plants and are looking for a pomegranate. I have a pomegranate (still in a 4 inch pot).
Alison

o

Alison I would love to get a pomegranite plant if you have another one. Take a look at what I have listed on the website.

Thanks,
Debbie

o

Allison, What Debbie said lol!! Let me know either way. Thanks!!

o

WooHoo Brenda the Gazebo sounds great

o

I have been back and forth on this site and reeally wish everyone would post to the optional site. It's so much more user friendly since you can edit your lists after they're posted. You don't have to sift through multiple posts to find that one that someone offered you something for something and you can't remember exactly who it was, or what they wanted. I really love the format of it. Plus, I have done some off-topic posts and really wish someone would respond even if it's just to say, 'Hey, shut up Cheryl!' Cheryl

o

Some of our regulars are missing in action. Anybody seen weldon, mikeandbarb, dannab, ambersas, dorothy, etc., etc.

o

I know Barb has had some stressful family stuff going on-
she's very concerned & involved with her dad's health problems.

o

Hi my name is Phyllis and I just joined gardenweb and have heard a lot about the swap in November from our friend Sylvia. I plan on being there to meet all of you. This is a first for me. I'm very excited to be a part of something so special..........

o

Yay!

glad you can make it, Girl!

Attention Swappers:

Phyllis really has a green thumb, & she's a great cook as well!

o

Not sure how to use the list forum. I have:
Groundcovers - varigated monky grass (white and green stipes) and varigated vinca (white and green)
Daylily - different colors but cannt tell the difference
Brug cuttings - rooted (CG and Frosty Pink)
Mexian petunia - tall blue
Columbine - seedlings (I believe dark blue, but cannot guarantee)
Amaryllis - red, small bulbs from seeds
Oak and hedge material seedlings - only if anyone wants. These are volunteers; I normally just pull them out.

Want:
Brugs - White and other double brugs
Amaryllis - other than red

Here are some my wants and gives:
Alley, give: columbine seedlings
Element, give: dailies
Seamommy, give:please let me know; want: cleome seeds and peony divsions
Liz, give: groundcovers - two kinds, let me know how many, I have a lot; want: candytuft, alyssum and cosmos seeds

o

Fortunegardener, it's pretty simple once you know your way around the forum. Click on the link below. (There is a bar of blue right under the yellow flower picture, and on the right hand side of that bar is a "Login" link. Log in if you haven't already.)

There is a button on the top right hand side that says "New Topic." Click that, name it "Your Name's List" or some such thing, and list whatcha got and whatcha want! Then other folk can reply to your post, and you can click "edit" on your post so that you can update what you have, your trades, etc.

If you or anyone else have any questions, feel free to email me. mommyfox at gmail dot com.

Here is a link that might be useful: Swap Forum

o
RE: Ft Worth Swap: List Your Haves & Wants Here!

It seems to me that a lot of people haven't had time to become comfortable with the swap site, & nobody wants to be the one to say, "I just can't get there from here"...

so I'll start!

Post your haves & wants on this thread, arrange pre-trades, whatever the spirit moves you to do (legal, moral, & non-fattening, please!)

I, sylviatexas

HAVE (I hope I remember...)

my famous pink 4 o'clocks
tall purple Mexican petunia
a couple of salvias
a comfrey if someone hasn't claimed it on the other site
oregano
fragrant orchid-colored phlox in tiny pots
obedient plant
1 artemesia
Jewel of Opar in tiny pots
landscape iris
dwarf canna, yellow edge with orange center

seeds:
morning glory, some sky blue, some Grandpa Ott brilliant purple, mixed together
hardy hibiscus
small globe allium
Partridge Pea

WANT:

evergreen anything
leatherleaf mahonia
homemade bread or brownies or some such
Someone traded me some *wonderful* lotions at the last swap, seems like the lotion has goat's milk & shea butter in it. Anybody remember? I *love* this stuff!

Next, please!

o
RE: Oops!

Please post your haves & wants on the new thread.

I thought I was posting the above as a new message, not as another post on this thread!

so there's a new thread for haves & wants....

o
RE: WANTED: Ft Worth Swap

Thu, Oct 16, 08 at 8:29

I'm not sure where I should put this, so here it is. I think that most people get there around 10, so this may be moot. I plan on being there around that time. I have to leave around noonish. I have to get back to willow park and get all fancy to get back to fort worth by 2. So, if I have something of yours and you won't be there until after I leave, let me know and I'll try to figure something out.
If I miss lunch, well, I could stand to miss a few. I also will probably not bring something for the drawing.

alison

o

It seems like so many people already have definite trades worked out...If (as a total newbie) I show up with whatever I can get together between today and the swap, will I be able to just work out trades at the swap? It sounds confusing...But almost everything seems to sound confusing to me these days...

o

Hi, Chickenmom (love the name!), & welcome!

The Ft Worth swap is possibly the least structured event you'll ever attend in your lifetime!

Just bring what you can bring, bring your own self, & have a good time.

No matter if you haven't worked out pre-trades;
many of us have been doing the FW Swap for eons, & we always carry on this way.

Everybody brings things other than their pre-trade items, so you'll have a lot of potential trade partners to work with!

o

I saw a note somewhere about helpful things to bring --like a chair, note paper,??? A cart? I can't find it now. Is there a list somewhere?

o

I want to thank Debbie for sending me an email for this. I had checked this board not too long ago & didn't see this post so thought there wasn't going to be a fall swap. I don't know if I can get anything together in just two weeks, but I'll look.

o

Hi swapers. Just some input for those I've swapped with before. I have other commitments on the 1st. Have fun!!
Weldon

o

Seamommy,

You are right the swap site works very well for a swaps needs. Bravo to all who had a hand in it

Organic Gardener

o

Hi Gardening buddies!

I don't have much to swap at this event, and I have to bail out early to go to a Greyhound adoption event (for my TWO fosters!) so I'll just be there early but for a short time. I hope to see you all!

Lin (Barkingdogwoods)

o

Thu, Oct 23, 08 at 3:24

chickenmom - is this what you meant? It's from the FAQ at the swap website.

"Other useful items to bring to the swap ... Paper and pen for writing down stuff, a blanket and/or chairs, a folding table if you want to be all fancy, a nametag and/or sign showing who the heck you are so people can easily find you, boxes for transporting plants, a wagon if you've got one, a hat, sunscreen, drinks, plastic sacks and a bit of water (for when you inevitably are asked for a special cutting of your magnificent plant.)"

o

Yes! That was it. I just couldn't find it again. Thanks!

o

Hi All, I know I've been MIA for a few weeks. Work has been taking over lately. I just posted my trade list on the FTW Garden swap site. I added my pre-trades as I culled them from this page. Please review to see if I'm still on track.

I'm going to try to accommodate everyone's rain lily requests. If I don't have enough of the yellow rain lily seeds to go around, I may be able to entice you with some minima seeds.

Minimas are the most adorable tiny pale pink rain lilies. The flowers are less than a half inch in diameter. As a bonus, they go from seed to blooming in one year! I have about a dozen minima seed pods in my pots right now. I'll try to harvest some before the swap.

Looking forward to meeting you all,
JK

o

Be sure and post on the head count thread if you're coming. Just to let me know how many we're having for lunch. Include husbands, wives, kids, friends, dogs, etc.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Texas are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here