have:

blue mist flower
landscape irises
coral honeysuckle
spearmint
peppermint
lemon mint
chocolate mint
orange-flowering kolanchoe (filtered light, good office plant, lives under a tree in the summer, must be brought in for the winter)
bamboo palm (stays under a shade tree all summer, must be protected/brought inside in the winter)
Climbing Cecile Brunner roses, own-root, started from cuttings 6 months ago, 1 gallon pots
English Ivy, rooted cuttings, evergreen, shade/filtered light
white yarrow
hugely tall artemesia; it's about 5' tall, taking over the universe, overwhelming the *yarrow*!

want:

evergreens that'll grow in alkaline soil
leatherleaf mahonia
sassafras tree or seedling
winter vegetables (I'm really getting into this vegetable gardening stuff!)
roses that I don't have
irises that I don't have
will think of other things as soon as I hit "submit"!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Ft Worth Autumn Swap Trade Lists: Put Your Haves & W

Haves

***Crinums***
These Crinums have proven to be hardy in zip code 75069 with a layer of mulch in the fall.

1. JC Harvey*
2. Elizabeth Traub**
3. Herbertii (Milk & Wine)
4. Carolina Beauty
5. Dwarf* (Not the plant, the flower) Very large with sprawling foliage. Will begin making offsets the first year, perhpas the first month. Needs PLENTY of room!!
6. Bulbispermum small volunteers from seed, flowers may be variable.
7. St Christopher (maybe 2010)
8. Ellen Bosanquet**
9. Asiaticum Small & medium sized only. the flowering size of this bulb is enormous.
10. Code Red
11. Imperial Guard None available at this time
12. Emma Jones
12. NOID Pure white

***Iris***
1. Dwarf Purple Very Early Blooming*
-------------------------------------
***Other***

1. Turks Cap Red

***Cuttings Available***

1. Honeysuckle red*
2. Vitex*
3. Decidous Yaupon Holly female, bright red berries*
4. Native Persimmon Female
Hymenocallis
1. Tropical Giant (A few in 2010)
2. Sulpher Queen

Wants

Yellow flower red yucca (Please, before NTTA finds me getting offsets from their plants)

Semi evergreen day lilies, named

Iris, any color named

The following Cannas
..Pink Sunburst
..Durban
..Nirvana (Striped Beauty)
..Cleopatra
Byzantine gladiolus
Blackberry Lily
Coral Bells
..Raspberry Regal
..Obsidan
..Rave On
..Ruby Bells
Sea Thrift
Hardy Hibiscus
..Kapper King
..anything but red
Chrysanthemum
Aster

Any rooted cuttings must be potted in a clear see thru container.

Two notes on 'fair' Crinum trading

1. I will only have Crinums for confirmed trades. They are simply too much work to dig on a 'maybe' possibility.

2. When expectations outstrip reality, frustration is the result. In many cases I have flowering sized Crinums that I am willing to trade but I am not willing to trade something I've been growing for four or more years for one small division of a perennial that reaches maturity in a year or less after division. If this is your expectation, you will be frustrated. Now if you have a yellow flowering red yucca with the yellow flower spike intact, I will offer a mature flowering Crinum.

o

Sylvia, I got your Sasafras tree so mark it off your list.

o

do we have a date set for this yet? I can't post a list until there is a date set. -element

o
RE: WANTED: Ft Worth Autumn Swap Trade Lists

yes, here's a link to the thread that details what when were & how & stuff.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ft Worth Autumn Swap October 24 Trinity Park-Note Some Added Rules

o
re: wanted: ft worth autumn swap october 24

Momfox just asked about the date, & I now realize that the date is on one thread, & the haves & wants are on this thread.

(It's the moon, I tell ya, it's the moon, makes people crazy!)

If you click the link above, you'll get not only the date but suggestions to make the swap more enjoyable (bring a notebook, etc)

Also you might go through your garden with a notebook & add things to your lists *as you think of them*;
by the time you get back to the computer, your brain simply will not convey whatever it was thinking to your fingers.

o

Hey All,

Haves:

purple butterfly bush 4" pots
blue sedum 4" pots
white cemetary iris
gloriosa daisy 1 gallon pot
chameleon ground cover
vinca ground cover 1 gallon pot
bell peppers 4" pot
rosemary 4" pot or 1 gallon pot
joseph coat 4" pot
shasta daisy 1 gallon pot
purple heart
cuttings of forsythia,quince,passion vine
christmas cactus--- these are very nice plants so will not trade for anything smaller.

Wants:

Ginko tree
pussy willow
cat tails
unusual day lilies
anything I don't have try me.

o

Hey everybody!! Ruben and I will be doing lunch again. But seriously, I do not want any plants in trade. I'm having surgery on the 27th and won't have much use of right arm for quite a while. And I'd really hate to see anything just sit and die instead of being planted and given lots of loving care. So we want to do the lunch thing again just to see everyone and share a little BS.

o

Yikes!

Take care of yourself, girl!

We want you in top shape for the get-together!

o
RE: WANTED: Haves & Wants

just a note-

I'll be bringing tall Mexican petunias, Wandering Jew cuttings, & 4 o'clocks to the Grand Prairie get-together on Saturday.

o
Grand Prairie Get-Together Cancelled

I have to work, & it seems like everyone else is very busy.

maybe we can try again later!

Meanwhile, I'm digging up Mexican petunias by the truckload for the October Swap!

o

• Posted by ruthz 8a DFW/TX (My Page) on
    Sat, Aug 29, 09 at 18:42

Anyone bringing Fragrant Corkscrew Vine - Vigna caracalla?

o
RE: Ft Worth Autumn Swap Trade Lists: Put Your Haves & Wants

anybody baking this year for trades?

I *must* thin out some of this stuff, & would be most happy to trade for baked goodies or garden supplies, etc.

o

LOL my garden has been neglected this year - forgot to mulch & have grass growing wild in it. Been away alot & hubby hasn't been good about watering so have lost lots of plants from that. I've seen 3 dead rose bushes & shudder to think about the smaller ones covered up with grass. I got a really bad batch of compost manure that was full of wild grass - lol & not the decorative kind either.
LOL DH wants to till it all up & start over - NO WAY - I have to many special plants that I jope to find under the grass.
I have no idea what I may or may not have come swap time. I will actually have a little time this coming weekend to pull grass & see whats under it.

Sylvia I will most likely bring baked goodies if I discover nothing under the grass.
I will have your brownies & will also make my Pumpkin bread & Banana bread. (I hope to find my chocolate mint under the grass)

o
RE: Sylvia -- Grand Prairie get together

SYLVIA
Next time you want to have a get together in Grand Prairie please email me. I could of used the lift, been really depressed & would have loved to of seen ya.

o

Hey guys! I am in the midst of Life Stuff, so I'm not going to do pre-arranged trades this year. I am still going to attend, but what I have is pretty much going to depend on what I can find time to dig up! I've been working on writing and just haven't had the time to concentrate on gardening. Only so much time in a day for my obsessions!

o

Numbers in front of certain plants are how many are available for trade. As some of the others have said, the limited quantity potted plants are really for equal trade please. If there is more requests than plants available, I will do my best to get more if I can. Ones on the trade only list,if you have a plant that grows well for you and something I might like, do let me know. Most of what are listed are potted plants and growing well in my front yard. Especially since we got some RAIN!!! yippee...

HAVES:

Plants:

Peppermint
Spearmint
Lavender mint
*1 -Beautyberry 1 year old plant potted
*1 -Vitex seedling 2 years-potted - bloomed last year
two varieties of Salvia - can be dug and potted before the swap
--red native - salvia coccinia
--large blue - Salvia guaranitica
2 types of multiplying (bunching) onions, these are bulbs ready to plant for fall
--a large white-nice for green onions all winter
--smaller whitish to light purple - greens are more for chives
A few cloves of elephant garlic
2 rosemary plants, one large pot and one small 4"-have others if necessary
Garlic chives -have to be dug
Variegated Spider plant - Chlorophytum comosum 'variegatum'
Tradescantia minima - tiny wandering jew plant. Grows abundantly
*1 -unknown pink old fashion rose- very fragrant, suckers and semi climber-one plant covers a 4x8 lattice at our carport
Lemongrass - have to be dug
*1- 2 yr century plant pup
Varigated ginger
*2-1 year dark pink oleander- can bring extra cuttings for rooting
Blue dawnflower-sterile morning glory vine. http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/51653/ to be dug, lg blue flowers
2-Amaryllis papilio- http://www.zanthan.com/gardens/gardenlog/?p=2335 mine are more green and smaller striped- easy to grow
Epiphillum - Epiphyllum hookeri- these will be unrooted full stems ready to plant
Kolanchoe-double pink- indoor plant nice potted plants
*1 -Crinum Spider lily-large Hawaiian lily-Crinum asiaticum -http://hawaiianhorticulture.com/SpiderLily.html indoors during the winter here,2 1/2'
Monkey grass- Dwarf Lilyturf, Mondo Grass- Ophiopogon japonicus-looks like dark green grass,grows slow,can be mowed.
*2- Mexican mint marigold - Tagetes lucida http://www.desert-tropicals.com/Articles/Sandra_Jefferies/Tagetes_lucida.html

Seeds:
Pavonia-Texas Swampmallow
Garden huckleberry

* - Limited quantity for trade only from want list please

WANTS:

Plants:

Caesalpinia gilliesii Yellow bird of Paradise plants
Sphaeralcea coccinea (Scarlet Globe Mallow)
hoja santa
Iochroma Iochroma cyanea
Texas Star hibiscus
heartleaf hibiscus - hibiscus cardiophyllus
Sage
passionflower red preferably
Jersulam artichoke
yellow yucca hesperaloe parviflora
yellow coral honeysuckle
forsythia Sage - Salvia madrensis
Ghost plant - Graptopetalum paraguayense
Ice plant delospermum
Hops vine
Any colored epiphyllum
Other easy to grow salvias
Other easy to grow perennials
Easy to grow red or blue flowering hummingbird plants
Mints not listed above
any native flowering bulbs
any easy to grow bulbs

Brearded Iris's that are not blue or purple

Misc:
Large 3+ gallon plastic pots
soapberries- not chinaberries

o

I also have a small orchid of some kind that was given to me that I would love to give to a good home. I have no way of keeping over the winter here.

o

I will also be there, but rather not do any pre-trades. We have our 2 yo grandson living with us full time and I have had little time for gardening. I also lost a couple roses this summer, one of my faves, Queen Bess, sob. I will have a variety of offerings though, maybe some garden crafty items or tools. Sylvia I haven't seen anything about the door-prize-gift-exchange-bring-one-get-one-thing. Are we going to do that again or not? I personally like that part. Cheryl

o

Serenity, what color is that orchid? I have a 'small' collection and am interested. And this is in direct contradiction to what I just posted above, but I have Texas Star Hibiscus, some good sized ones, well good sized for one year old specimens, if you're interested. Cheryl

o

Hi Cheryl, I would love to get a Texas star hibiscus. It is a moth orchid -phalaenopsis - I am thinking it was purple?? flower, but it is yours if you want it. If you want any of my other "haves", let me know.

o

serenitymoon, I've been wanting a papilio for a long time, hope I have something that will tempt you!

I can bring any combination of the following, just let me know:

chocolate mint
peppermint
culinary sage
yellow bird of paradise or pride of Barbados, not sure which, but it looks like the photo in Wiki's "caesalpinia" entry.
coral coral honeysuckle, the only yellow I have is the old-fashioned monster-type
Salvia Black & Blue

plmk!

seamommy, I had forgotten to post about the prize thing, will do that right now!

Note to all:

seamommy's crafts are *too cool*!

o

I've read about the plant swaps on this site for years, but never been to one. I plan to come this year, though, and I'm so excited! Thanks for the guidelines, and I will definitely bring a potluck dish to go with the hotdogs, and a door prize !

Here's what I have:

PLANTS
6 - qt - salvia orebsia - red
15 - qt - salvia azurea (picherii)- lt blue
2 - 4" - pineapple sage - red
1 - qt - salvia Mrs. Duehlberg - white
5 - qt - salvia Black & Blue - bright blue

3 - 4" - pink yarrow - Appleblossom
3 - qt - lt yellow yarrow - Anthea
2 - qt - white yarrow
11 - qt - bright yellow yarrow - Moonshine

10 - gal - canna Wyoming - purple leaf, bright orange flower
4 - qt - four o'clocks
1 - qt - virginia sweetspire Merlot (more available)
1 - qt - mexican feather grass
1 - qt - mexican mint marigold
3 - qt - thornless blackberries
5 - qt - hummingbird plant red - I hope someone can ID this
20 - 4" - lambs ear
3 - qt - artemesia Silver Mound
2 - qt - russian sage

SEEDS

Herbs

Basil
Cilantro
Dill
Fennel
Feverfew

Flowers

Balloon Flower
Blackeyed Suan Indian summer
Blue Mist Flower
Cape Honeysuckle
Chocolate Mimosa
Cockscomb
Coreopsis Moonbeam
Crepe Myrtle
Cypress Vine
Four OClocks
French Marigold
Gerber Daisy
Halberd-leaved Mallow (Trudis Pink Hibiscus)
Hardy Ageratum
Joe Pye Weed
Mexican Mint Marigold
Mexican Sunflower
Moonflower
Morning Glory
Purple Coneflower
Red Yucca
Rock Rose
Texas Red Hibiscus
White Coneflower

o
My Wants

I forgot to post my wants:

iris
daylilies
passionvine
sky vine
evergreen wisteria

seeds or plants:
hollyhocks
poppies
larkspur
zinnias

o

SERINITYMOON,I would like the varigated ginger,lavender mint and lemon grass if there's anything you might like on my list.

MSMISK, I have all the seeds you want and even a couple of sabrina hollyhocks i can dig,they are small right now but they get to about 5ft tall. I would be interested in your pineapple sage,pink and yellow yarrows and the thornless blackberry.

o

Msmisk, I will probably be bringing some orange daylilies, FYI. Do you have any seeds from your balloon flower? I had one plant and it went to seed and I picked the seeds and left them in a tray on the front porch and a mouse ate them. I would love to get a few for next year. Cheryl

o

I forgot to list these haves:

flame acanthus
autumn rose sedum

Does anyone have goldfish or chickens they want to trade?

o

Cheryl, yes, I have seeds from the balloon flower. That's actually what I have, not plants. I'll save you some, and I would love to trade you something for your orange daylilies.

Carol

o

Phyllis, I have three chickens that I could part with. Two of them are "elderly" retired ladies, quite friendly but no longer producing eggs. One of them is two years old and she lays one brown egg nearly every day. All of them are a little shy, but are not agressive or mean. They have all been medicated every 6 months for worms and have been free range for all their lives. I have actually been looking for a new home for them because I plan to start out with a new flock of pullets in the Spring. Cheryl

o

Cheryl, Thank you for the offer,but I'm looking for layers plus they would be in a pen here so they wouldn't be very happy. Us retired ladies hate to be pend up.

o

Carol, I would like to have a variety of herb seeds, but I would have to trade the daylilies for them, because I didn't gather any seeds this year. I will have some other plants too, jsut not sure right now which ones. I have some salvias, passion vines, iris, daisies. If I get aroud to it I might dig up some hellebores (lLinten Rose) but I don't want to promise any cause Dustyn my 2 yo DGS is a full time job. Cheryl

Cheryl

o

Well I've walked both properties and here is my list:

HAVE:
: Callicarpa Americana - American Beautyberry (native to my property in east Texas)
: Clerodendrum bungei (Cashmere bouquet/Mexicali Rose)
: Kerria Japonica (Japanese rose) - some single, some double
: "Fiesta" asian jasmine - just a couple
: Passiflora foetida (Corona de Cristo, Scarlet-fruit passion flower)
: Rooted fig cuttings (rooted this spring and growing)
: Ruellia Chi-Chi (tall pink) Mexican petunias (as many as you want!)
: Obedient plant (blooming now)
: Rose cuttings (buff beauty, mermaid, seven sisters, mutablis, Mrs. Gonzales, folksinger)

WANT:
: Summer bulbs, including Hardy Amaryllis, rain lilies (except Zephyranthes Candida), Crinums
: Fall bulbs, such as fall crocus, sternbergia, etc.
: Easy care plants for east Texas high shade (e.g. hellebores, hostas)
: Salvias (I have many so looking for unusual ones that might do well here)

Carol/Msmisk - I would love to trade one of the passionflowers I have (corona de cristo) for one of your salvia oresbia if you're interested in that particular passionflower. See the link below for the plant info.

I don't mind not having pre-set trades, either - it might be more fun to be spontaneous! but DO let me know if you want rose cuttings so I can be sure to get them.

Lin

Here is a link that might be useful: Corona de cristo

o

Lin, HEY!!! You're coming to this one, YEA!! It will be so great to see you again. I have quite a few hellebores and I am planning to bring a few if I can get them potted up before the swap. Don't ask me for names of specific plants though, I'm not that careful. If it looks pretty I leave it in the ground. If it spreads or propagates itself I dig some of them out to share. Cheryl

o

Cheryl, you and I have the same approach to gardening - if it looks good, leave it; if it spread, swap it! I look forward to seeing you again.

Oh - I also checked on my bay laurel that I started rooting in the spring, and I have three or four (or maybe five, depending on how many I want to keep :) that have roots showing through the clear cups and new growth on the top. This is from my bay tree which has been hardy here at least 10 years.

Lin

o

Cheryl, I have some herb seeds which ones are you wanting?
dill,basil,parsley,society garlic,salad burnet,borage?????

Lin, I have rain lily,but I have no idea what kind,but if interested I would love the Japanese rose or a fig.

o

Ok so I'll post a FEW things, that I KNOW I will have ...

Blue Salvia (mealy cup sage)
Passion Flower Vine, light purple
Passion Flower Vine, White (will only have 1)
Butter and Eggs wildflower, otherwise known as Toadflax - invasive but pretty and hardy
Liriope - oh god tons of it!
Asian Jasmine
Artemesia - Silver Dusty Miller Looking Stuff
Artemesia - Limelight (variegated)

Looking for hardy, drought-tolerant perennials like rose mallow. Also want berry vines and stuff for shade.

o

Hi Phyllis -

I'll pot up a Japanese rose for you for that rain lily. I'm addicted to them!!

Thanks!

Lin

o

Lin, I would love to have one of those bay laurel. I'll root around and see if I have anything that might be of interest to you. The hellebores might be a fair trade, they're not huge, I don't think they even get huge, but the blooms are so pretty. Cheryl

o

• Posted by alley 7b Ft. Worth, Tx (My Page) on
    Sat, Sep 19, 09 at 8:12

I think that I might try to come to this. Between the heat earlier this summer and me getting a full time job (just haven't found my grove yet), I don't know what is left in the garden to trade.
I'll have to get a cup of coffee and sift through the previous posts to see what is offered and needed. But, for now, here is what I think I have:

West Texas mist flower (as per the name I found on the internet somewhere--acts and looks like the other blue mist flower with different leaves. It is actually just now blooming).
I do have some seeds, but I have to go check on them to know what I have (I know red sunflowers and hollyhocks are definitely on that list--dark red hollyhocks)

That is it on the flower end of things. I'm sure I'll add more later when I "edit" my beds and move current stuff around.

As for other stuff **note Sylvia** I've just learned how to make cherry fudge. So I can bring some of that. Actually, many things cherry.

I don't know what side dish I'll bring yet and I'm more than willing to chip in on any kind of rental--just let me know what is a good amount.

o

mommyfox, I would love some more of the butter&eggs the ones I recieved last year are wonderful. I have Hosta.

o

alley,
oh.
my.
dod.

Search my list; you can have *anything* for cherry fudge!

fairview, I can bring you iris Indian Chief, Crimson King, what may be Gudrun, & Thornbird, & I have bronze/burgundy mums with small clusters of flowers, & a larger-flowering white mum with a lemonade yellow center.
can use more dwarf grape irises & whatever else you can spare, you choose; if you have more crinums that'd be great.
I have more crinums myself, just let me know if you'd like more.

serenitymoon, I posted somewhere above about the amaryllis papillio, would realllly like to have one; can bring salvia light red or hot pink, culinary sage, salvia Black & Blue , any number of iris I'm sure not blue or purple, schoolhouse lilies, coral honeysuckle, & mints: chocolate, lemon, pineapple, apple. PLMK!

msmisk I can bring you all the iris you could want, would like Canna Wyoming.

lin, I have you down already for coral bells & ginger, can bring crinums, schoolhouse lilies, would like beautyberry.

momfox,
drought-tolerant perennials:
tall and/or creeping artemesia
Brazilian rock rose
will find shade plants, think I have some aucuba rooting somewhere...
wouldl like mealy cup sage

o

phyllisb, I would love some hollyhock seeds & plants, and you can have some pineapple sage, pink & yellow yarrow, & thornless blackberry.

Cheryl, I'll put you down for herb seeds, and I can use more iris or a passionvine.

Lin, I'm saving you a salvia oresbia, and I would love one of your passionflower corona de cristo. I'd also be interested in a bay tree start and a Buff Beauty cutting if there's anything else of mine that you'd like.

sylvia, please do bring me some iris, and I will keep some Canna Wyomng for you.

o

Sylvia,
I've got plenty of artemesia myself, but a Brazilian rock rose would be great! I'll find a nice salvia to bring you. Also, I have a little leatherleaf mahonia that is displeased with my haphazard care. It's about a foot tall. Would you trade for it with a collection of different mints in little 4" pots?

Phyllis, I haven't had much luck with hosta; do you have any tips for keeping it happy? I'll bring some B&E for you!

o

Thanks, msmisk!

Momfox, heck, yeah, I'll bring a bunch of different mints for leatherleaf mahonia!

I love that stuff;
saw in "in person" for the first time on a garden tour & was smitten!

o

mommyfox, Mine has AM sun and I just leave it alone.

Sylvia can I have your leatherleaf mahonia?

o

Anybody interested in white iris? DH thinned out the whole bed and I have several plastic bags full of them. Cheryl

o

Phyllis, of course you can have that ole thing;
I'll trade you for, oh, I don't know, a greenhouse???
Cocker spaniel?
handyman?
pick-up truck???

Cheryl, irises can get a fungus if they stay in plastic;
you might put them in a cardboard box or paper bag or wrap them in newspaper.

o

Cheryl/Seamommy, the hellebores would be a fine trade for a bay laurel.

Carol/Msmisk, I have you down for Corona de Cristo, a bay laurel, and buff beauty cuttings. In addition to the salvia oresbia, I'd love to try salvia azurea.

Sylvia, will have beautyberry for sure for you (as many as you like :). I'll also try to dig up a sassafrass sapling.

Phyllis, we're set right?

I need to start my spreadsheet so I can make sure I bring everything....

Lin

o

Lin, could you please bring me a bucket of pond plants too? I have managed to kill just about all of the pond plants that I have this year. Cheryl

o

Sure thing, Cheryl. The pickerel weed is doing well, and I've some of the water canna for you. I'll see what else is poking out of the small water gardens...Do you need duckweed?

Lin

o

Always need duckweed, and if you have any water hyacinths and water lettuce I could use them too. Got my greenhouse and I'm going to be using a tub in there to propagate the plants that the fish usually eat. I'm wondering if my pond gets too warm sometimes. I use pond plant food tabs, but have aterrible time growing these plants that most folks consider thugs. huh!

I dug up one hellebore yesterday and I have a couple more that need to be moved/swapped. I also have some passionvines, they have the blue flowers, but the vines are so long I'm not sure how to pot them up. I'll figure something out.

Good advice, Sylvia, but how many of them do YOU want? I have to thin this bed about every five years and have a terrible time finding new homes for the little guys. I'm going to take some of them to work with me today and see how many I can unload, er uh, I mean, place with deserving new owners. These iris are pure snow white ones and they have been growing and blooming in semi shade for about 9 years. Cheryl

o

Cheryl, I'll see if I can find you some more thugs :) I would definitely take some of those white iris if they'll last till the swap. I can put them kind of street-side in Quitman since I think they'll do okay with just east Texas rain.

Lin

o

yes, irises, especially the historic "survivors", do fine with rain only;
the last ones I rescued had been growing in full sun, hard clay, for about 40 years.
Those were the famous "backhoe irises" that bloomed while sitting in their blocks of clay!

There used to be a group that always wanted irises for the Lewisville Independent School District Outdoor Living something; acronym was LISDOLA.

o

Cheryl, I'll see if I can find you some more thugs :) I would definitely take some of those white iris if they'll last till the swap. I can put them kind of street-side in Quitman since I think they'll do okay with just east Texas rain.

Lin

o

Lin, were good and the rain lily bloomed white with yellow center do you still want it?

Sylvia, what about 2 cockers an 1 permanent handyman.

o

sorry, phyllis, don't think I can feed 'em all!

& besides, the greenhouse is what I realllly wanted!

o

Cheryl
I have a pot of horsetail reed you can have for your pond. It has been struggling in the dirt, but I am sure it would prefer your pond better.

o

Mikeb, I'm so glad you finally chimed in. I was thinking about driving by your house some afternoon to see if you still were alive. Love the horsetail reed. Cheryl

o

just been busy like everyone else. i may be at the swap but it will be a last minute thing for the list. this year the yard looked great but I am scaling back for next year so I have lots to give away including lots of plastic pots of all sizes.
list to come soon.
mike

o

Sylvia, I have several dozen white iris. I gave away a couple dozen yesterday at the office. I was at the Wally on Sunday and they had the exact same iris in packages of 3 for $5, no extra charge for the mold. By comparison, these would be a pretty good deal. Cheryl

o

If you can't find homes for them, I'll take 'em.

I can always find new gardeners in my area!

o
Ft Worth Autumn Swap Trade Lists

anybody interested in bromeliads?

I got one at a swap about 4 years ago, & it bloomed that summer, a beautiful pink flower, but since then it hasn't bloomed...
it's just made babies!

I divided them today & put each one in its own pot;
at least 2 of them are good rooted plants.

These live outside in the shade all spring, summer, & autumn, & they have to come in for the winter.

o

I have an interesting question for you guys. I might have some baby chicks around the time of the swap. Do you think it would be alright to bring them too, or is that the kind of thing that goes over the line as far as what is a gardening item? I realize we might also want to avoid bringing animals to a plant event. Opinions?

o

I'd be interested in a bromeliad. Waddaya want for it? Food or roses? Cheryl

o

momfox, I think chicks in a ventilated container would be fine.

Cheryl, whatever's easier for you;
I'm thinking you once had some jalapeno jelly?
& as everyone knows, I have a "chocolate tooth" & love bread & cornbread...
but roses are always wonderful too!

o

Well here is what I have

MISMISK-hollyhocks plants and seeds,poppies,larkspurs and mixed Zinnias for yellow&pink yarrow,thornless blackberry and pineapple sage.

BARKINGDOGWOODS-rain lily for japanese rose

MOMMYFOX-HOSTA FOR BUTTER&EGGS.

WHERE IS EVERYONE?

o

Hi Ft. Worth Swappers! I am REALLY hoping to be able to come to the swap in a few weeks. I loved the one last fall and was very sorry to miss the spring event. However, I probably won't know until the last minute if I will get there. My husband was having off and on headaches, nothing major, just annoying. After I nagged him for around 2 weeks he finally went to our GP who told him to come back in another week if he was still having problems. When he went back the GP gave him a second pain prescription and mentioned that a CT scan and visit to neurologist might be a good idea. The neuro couldn't see us for several weeks and I had heck getting the CT scan scheduled. I finally convinced the CT place to fit us in one afternoon; we had about 30 min to get there, so I just grabbed my purse and we ran. When they read the CT scan they sent us directly to the Grapevine ER, where we were informed that an ambulance with ER trained EMT, whatever special crisis type staff was on the way to haul us to Medical Center of Plano where a neuro-surgeon would meet us. It sounded like they were going to be doing brain surgery immediately!! Anyway, after days in critical care, then the neuro floor we are home, but "burr hole" surgery is still possible. My husband actually has "bilateral subdural hematomas"--both fairly large according to the surgeon, probably caused by the blood thinner he has to take to avoid the blood clots (DVT and PE) he has had twice in the past. We see the surgeon again Oct 8th, if nothing awful happens before then, and will find out more about the chance of surgery then. SOOOO, I hope to be able to come to the swap, but it will totally depend on what is happening to Gerry's head drilling wise. If things seem fairly calm I will try to list things I hope to bring. I received SO many wonderful plants and seeds last year and it was just great to get to meet such a super group of people. After the 8th I'll give everyone an update and hopefully will be able to put down some sort of list. Thanks to everyone!! Debby (Chickenmom) More whining-my sweet chickie, Speckles, left us for that big grub garden in the sky on July 1st and I still miss her so much I can't believe it!! Who would have dreamed you could become so attached to a chicken?!! I am hoping for her reincarnation because I could definitely use some stress relief!!

o

Debby, bless your heart, lady. I will keep you and Gerry in my prayers. I know this is a stressful time for you and I am sending positive thoughts your way.

o

Wow, Debbie, bless you and all yours. I've been so busy with the grandson, I had no idea what you have been going through. I hope you can make the swap just for the stress relief, and I was hoping to see you again too. Julie has chicks that she wants to bring to this swap, don't recall if she had any barred rocks, but you just might find a little companion if you are able to make it. If you can't come and she has one, I could bring it to you. And by the way, the verbena bonariensis you gave me has flourished this summer and looks fabulous next to the potting shed. I thank you so much for that.

To whoever I promised the Texas Star hibiscus, I'm sorry. I took that plant up, carefully preserving the root ball, potted it and placed it in my greenhouse. I have kept it lightly watered for the past 10 days and it has proceeded to die as dead as a hammer. Unless I can find another one (growing where I don't want it) I won't have one to trade this year. Sorry.

Great plan, Syliva, to move to the new location. I like it. Do we still need to plan for reimbursement for the site reservation?

Phyllis, I'd like to put in a bid for that permanent handyman. My DH is a nice guy who works 14 hours a day, 6 days a week. I could use a handyman around here and I'll even feed him. Don't need the cockers though, I have a collie and Australian shepherd already. And like I said DH is a nice guy, but not handy and not available. I have a yard guy who does all the mowing, edging, tree trimming and garden tilling for me. I mistakenly let DH use my chain saw three years ago and before he cut anything with it, he took it apart and apparently threw away a couple of parts because I've never been able to get it back together again. If your handyman is handier than that, I'll take him. Cheryl

o

Debbie, sounds like you're holding up well-
As Cheryl said, hope you can come to the swap just to get a breather.

no, Cheryl, Brenda posted something on one of the other threads & said she & Ruben had always done this, enjoy doing this, & they don't want no help with the expense.

so we can all give them a hug & a big thank you!

o

Wow Debbie, good on you for pushing the medical world to get your husband some help! As mentioned above, I do have chicks, and I would be so happy for some of them to go to you! I have three chicks that are about a week and a half old now, they will be a month old at the swap. I have a blue Ameraucana and two cochin/silkie mixes, one splash and one kind of barred that has the fluffiest feet ever!

In the incubator I have a grab bag of bantams - silkies, cochins, turkens, and a few standard Ameraucanas. But you know what they say about counting those hatching chickens! I know what you mean about getting attached to a chicken; they have a lot of personality, and mine are like dogs, they're so affectionate and hilarious. I feel for you losing your favorite! So if you need some therapy chicks, drop me a line!

o

Bless you Debbie,hope all goes well with you and DH. I just went through a near miss with my DH and I know it is very stressful to deal with a situation like that. Hope to see you at the swap.

Cheryl, If I decide to except your bid I must warn you of his chain saw abuse. DH keeps the chain saw oiled and gassed at all times and will cut down anything he thinks is in his way including innocent plants so are you sure you want my handyman?

o
Sylvia's Trade List So Far-Please Review & Correct

I haven't been on top of this so far, but I need to know what to *be sure* to bring, so please let me know if my list is right or wrong or whatnot!

SERENITYMOON:
for me:
papilio amaryllis
for you:
mints, bird of paradise, culinary sage, salvia b & b what combination?

ALLEY
for me:
cherry fudge
for you:
anything you want...so what can I bring you?

FAIRVIEW:
for me:
crinums, grape irises
for you:
Indian Chief/Crimson King/Gudrun/Thornbird irises, burgundy mum, white mum

MSMISK:
for me:
Canna Wyoming with dark leaf
for you:
lots of irises

LIN:
for me:
sassafras?, beautyberry
for you:
crinum, coral bells, ginger, schoolhouse lily bulbs

MOMMYFOX:
for me: leatherleaf mahonia, mealycup sage
for you: collection of mints, rock rose, aucuba?

SEAMOMMY:
for me:
can't remember.....
for you:
water lily with purple flower, bromeliad

o

I am going through all the posts and getting my lists together. Sylvia, here is a link to the amarillis I have. I hope you like it.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Papi Amarillis

o

yes, that's the one!

I love it;
it looks like a wild thing rather than a civilized hybrid!

o

Sylvia, I have some climbing roses, not sure if you wanted them though. I could always bake you some fresh cinnamon raisin bread the morning of the swap if you like, if that sounds fair. It would still be warm and if you don't want to eat it right away, you can always use it to keep your feet warm. Cheryl

o

Hello all! I am a brand new newbie having just discovered this forum. I am looking forward to this plant swap. I have nothing specific to trade, but will bring what I can. I like to share and do not care if I get anything in return or not. I think I saw where someone was wanting Texas Star Hibiscus? I do have some of these seeds. Bill Canright, Springtown, Tx.

o

To whomever may be interested: Three yrs. ago I went on a rose planting spree. The first year I had beautiful roses. Then came the black spot! I have not been able to get it under control. As a result of this fungus and the drought this year my roses are in poor condition. Alas, I have given up on them... Sniff... If anyone is interested in them and thinks they may be saveable, I will give them away. I am going to dig them up one way or the other and try something else, something dummy proof. I do not remember all of the names, but I do know of 2 "Mister Lincolns" and one is a "Cryseller Imperial",I think. lol I hate to see them go but I am a total flop at growing roses! Maybe they are ruined anyway. They are still producing flowers, but they are small and few in number. If interested, send an e-mail. Thanks all.

o

Cheryl, you crazy thing, I have dogs to keep my feet warm!

Bring me a rose;
easier than baking bread on a Saturday morning when you ought to be obsessing about plants!

Bill, the roses you mentioned are hybrid teas, which are the most temperamental!

You can spray (or slosh-that way you don't have to worry about the size of the holes in your sprayer) a baking soda mixture on the leaves for blackspot.

but...
if you're just sick of the whole rose fandango, I'd love Mister Lincoln!

Tell me what I can bring you (you *have* to do this; otherwise, I bring you four o'clocks. by the bushel.)

o

I will gladly bring you the "Mister Lincoln" at the Oct plant swap. The plant is about three and a half feet tall. Advise me here, should I trim it down to a manageable size for transportation or should I dig it up as it is? I don't mind either way. I like crinums, but they are too expensive to trade for a rose bush eat up with black spot. I would be willing to buy one from you though. I would really be tickled just to know that the rose still lived! My wife and I are looking forward to the swap meet and meeting new people. We will be bring one of my aunts along with her trade possibles.

o

I'll bring you a crinum for sure;
I love those things, & I'm always glad when someone else does, too!

You can prune the rose back if you want (Hybrid Teas are supposed to be pruned every autumn anyway), but do whatever is easy for you, the rose won't care!

o

Hi Sylvia -

Keep your fingers crossed that the sassafras makes it! I have a back-up plant for you just in case - I think it's a Carolina buckthorn (I think that because there's a larger one on the fenceline that the fence guys cut through). Leaves are shiny like gardenia leaves. This tree can be an understory tree, so it would do well in the shady part of your yard.

Here is a link that might be useful: Carolina Buckthorn

o

PHYLLIS & SYLVIA - yes, that's what I have for our swaps.

I also have:

CHERYL
for you:
herb seeds, balloon flower seeds
for me:
can't remember !

LIN:
for you:
salvia oresbia, salvia azurea (can I bring you something else?)
for me:
passionflower, Buff Beauty cutting, bay tree

o

Bill(muddauber) HEY! I live in Springtown too. I had posted a while back to see if there was anyone else out this way who would be interested in a local swap but didn't get enough response to make it worthwhile. It's a long drive into town, but of course it's worth it, and I'd love to get a group together out here. Anyway, I look forward to meeting you at the swap. Cheryl

o

OK, here's what I have so far for those pre-trades that I wasn't going to make:

Carol(msmisk)-Balloon flower seeds and herb seeds for orange daylilies, white iris

Lin(barkingdogwoods)-Bay laurel seedling, pond plants for hellibores

Phyllis(phyllisB)-herb seeds for daylilies (and I might have some goldfish for you too)

Sylvia-Bromiliad, purple waterlily for roses

Serenity Moon-orchid for ???

Cheryl

o

Hello Cheryl. Although we have a Springtown address, we are in Agnes. It can be difficult to organize out here. Some of the locals have been trying to start a flea market at the old Agnes school up on the hill here. It was yesterday, the 3rd and only three vendors showed up. I do not know how many people in this area are even aware of this forum, I found it quite by accident myself while doing a google search on some ruella I was given. I would be happy to assist in organizing a local swap. Maybe we can talk it over further on the 24th. :) Seeds I have : loofa sponge (how do you spell luffa), cardinal vine, balloon flower, Tx. Star hibiscus, ...... oops some one at the door..... will finish posting later...

o

I love loofa/luffah/luffa/loufa!

They're fun to play with in the dead of winter when the gourds have dried out & you can't get outside & you can sit & pick the rind off them to expose the "sponge" part & get the seeds...

Yeah, I know:
get a life, Sylvia!

o

Hi msmisk (Carol) -

If you have an extra Virginia sweetspire (or cuttings) I would love to give that a try. Would you like a Kerria Japonica or something else for it? I have irises but their color is kind of random...

Lin

o

If you want something or have something, please send me a private message and let me know to check the boards or make the swap privately then I can add your wants/have to my latest posts. Digging through all the new posts is a bit confusing, so if I missed your post to me, I am not ignoring you, I just missed your posts.

This was a bad year for us. We lost a lot of plants due to vacations and heat issues.

Haves:
Pink Oleander Cuttings,
I will have more stuff to add after I finish my garden clean up
Seeds I will have to go through everything and bring them to the swap.
serrano pepper seeds
Jalapeo Pepper seeds
Hungarian Cherry Pepper Limited #s
sweet basil seeds

Wants:
Hardy Texas Hibiscus prefer reds and pinks large flowers. Cuttings and seedlings
Purple Vitex seedlings
Butterfly bush seedlings
Cigar Plant
Gold Star esperanza seedling
Honeny Suckles
Rose of Sharon seedling or cuttings
Purple Heart, Purple Queen, Wandering Jew - cuttings or plant
Brugmansia cuttings reds and pinks
Daturas
Hot Pepper Seeds
Turks Caps seedlings, plants and seeds - prefers plants and seedlings
Lady In red Salvia seeds, seedlings and plants
Lady in Pink Salvia seeds, seedlings, and plants
Seedums
Yellow Shrimp Plant
Red Shrimp Plant
Succulents
Red Hummingbird Bush
Cast Iron Plants
Indoor Plants that for low light

o
Haves & Wants

Lin - I'll bring you a potted Virginia Sweetspire. You're already bringing me some stuff.

Carol

o

I love this event. I can only stay to 11 this time.

Have:
Plants: rooted rose cuttings in pots (vine from 2009 spring swap),
garden phlox - let me know then I will dig
autumn joy let me know then I will dig
soap wort (pink) let me know then I will dig
Seeds: luffa, purple columbine

Request:
Mommyfox: salvia or Artemisia
What do you like from me?
-------------------------------------------------
Lin: passion flower or rose (cuttings?)
I have: amaryllis bulbs/plant

--------------------------------------------------
Serenitymoon: old fashion rose or Mexican mint marigold
I have: Texas Star hibiscus and autumn joy

o

Hi Fortunegardener -

I would love amaryllis bulbs! I'll bring you some of that native passion flower and some rose cuttings - which roses do you want? Buff Beauty is really putting on a show right now, and Mermaid is its regular thug self doing extremely well :) Seven Sisters only flowers in the spring.

If you want any roses other than those three, let me know ASAP as they're in Quitman and I have to plan the trip to get them right before the swap.

Yahoo! I'm getting excited about the swap!!

o

fortune, I'd like some luffa seeds;
please check my list to see what I can bring you.

o

Hi, Gang.
All you "oldies" and newcomers as well. I didn't look hard.
but failed to see the date posted. If it is the 17th, I will
be south of Houston seeing my grandson, a senior, run cross- country and march in the band. If the meet is on the 24th,
let me know....have a fair assortment that I could bring.

Weldon

o

It's on the 24th so hope to see you there.

Fortune,I would love some Phlox.

o

fortunegardener: I'd love some phlox! You can take your pick of the salvia or artemesia at the swap.

o

Woo-Woo!

Weldon!

so good to hear from you!

Be sure you come to the new (or maybe temporary) meeting place-
our old place in the park is has been pre-empted this year, so we're going to the pavilion just past the ballfields & bleachers on Colonial in front of the zoo.

Easy as pie to get there:

From I-30, go *south* on University about 9/10ths of a mile & turn left on Colonial into the zoo entrance, & follow the road around to the bleachers;
the driveway/parking area is just past the bleachers.

o

Thanks, for date and location. Hopefully things will work out for me to be there.

Weldon

o

These are mine trades:

Have:
Plants: rooted rose cuttings in pots (vine from 2009 spring swap),
garden phlox - let me know then I will dig
autumn joy let me know then I will dig
soap wort (pink) let me know then I will dig
hoya - grow from cuttings from spring
Seeds: luffa, purple columbine

Request:
I have: phlox
Lin: passion flower or Buff Beauty and Mermaid cuttings
Sylviatexas: lemon mint
I have: luffa seeds
I have: Texas Star hibiscus and autumn joy plants

o
Have: Ft Worth Autumn Swap Trade Lists

I also have a heavenly bamboo plant that is about three feet tall and have beautiful red berries in the winter and crimson red leaves. It came up by itself in my garden area. Let me know if anyone wants it so I can dig it up and bring it to you.

o

fortunegardener, I would like phlox. see if there's anything you would like.

o

Y'all don't forget to go over to the head count thread and let me know who's coming and who you might be bringing. So far I've only had 5 people respond. Thanks.

o

fortune, I'd love to have the heavenly bamboo.
I'll bring lemon mint for sure & you need to check my list for more stuff.

The date is a'gettin' closer!

o
Ft Worth Autumn Swap Trade Lists: Haves & Wants

Fortunegardener:

I'd love to have the heavenly bamboo & the rooted roses, *if* you have enough.

Please look at my list & let me know what else I can bring you!

Lin:

Do you need lycoria radiata (spider lily)?
The Carolina Buckthorn would be a good addition to the birds' smorgasbord here!

Serenitymoon:

You know how you can always find more plants that you want every time you re-read a catalog?...
Well.
I went back & re-read your list...

*If* you still have enough lavender mint & pink roses to share, I can bring you any/some/maybe all of these:

coral honeysuckle, schoolhouse lily, irises, easy salvias (they're all easy at my house or they'd be goners for sure!).
PLMK.

o

Sylvia, I would LOVE some lycoris radiata! I am a bulb FANATIC, we must be twins separated at birth. Glad you'll like the Carolina Buckthorn.

In case the sassafrass doesn't live, I brought a Mrs. Gonzales rose if that would do. I've had problems digging up the sassafrass - seems they're all connected at the root.

Time for me to go through my plants and get READY!! Yes, it will take me most of the week ... things are MOSTLY together but you know how that goes.

Lin

o
Ft Worth Autumn Swap Trade List Yucca Anyone?

i have a great big "momma" & her 2 daughters that I dug out yesterday (can't move very well at all today, thank you!).

any yucca fans?

I'd trade for something...smaller.
snork!

o

I thought I would combine all my interests in 1 post and not clog up this post.

Items I am interested in:
SerenityMoon: Vitex Seedling

msmisk: Pineapple sage, rock rose, texas red hibiscus, white coneflower

Barkingdogwoods: ruellia chi chi and rooted figs.

Is there anything you guys are interested in?

o

It turned out I will not be able to attend - need to be in Dallas for anohter event at 10, so my husband will bring mine over.
Here are mine trades:

Request:
Lin: passion flower or Buff Beauty and Mermaid cuttings
Sylviatexas: lemon mint
I have: luffa seeds, heavenly bamboo plant, rooted roses
I have: Texas Star hibiscus and autumn joy plants
-----------------------------------------------------
Phyllisb2008: pink bells seeds

o

Hi Fortunegardener -

We will miss you!

How many cuttings do you want - is two of each rose enough? And I have the passion flower for you as well..

Thanks!
Lin

o

Hi Element! I will DEFINITELY bring you all the ChiChi ruellias you can handle - I can put a bunch in a box or something as I don't have big pots. I looked in the greenhouse today and have a puny fig potted up, will look at the ones that rooted in the side yard to see if there's one that looks better.

We can work out the trade there ... :)

o

Lin is here and if anyone would like cuttings of tropical hibiscus and/or bougainvillea, please post within the next couple of hours and she will bring them with her to the swap. I don't know the names of the hibiscus, but one is a double rose color and the other is a variegated single red.

o

If you're still there, please bring a couple of each;
I can't overwinter them, but Phyllis's handy husband built her a greenhouse!

I think I oughtta have a timeshare there, don't you?

o

Element, you need to post your "haves".

It puts people in a bind when you ask them "is there anything you're interested in?" without letting them know what you have to offer.

o

Carie, the Rosa Trauma is blooming. Thank you.

o

Well, padiddle. Not gonna make it again. Gotta make a run to the farm. Have gobs of fun and eat an extra hot dog for me. Maybe next time.

Weldon

o

Have fun at the farm, Weldon.
Phyllis, so glad Rosatraum is blooming for you. Mine are gorgeous right now .... the warmer days and cooler nights made them burst into bloom. It is almost "cut 'n haul" time again.

o

I only have 10 responses to the head count. If you haven't already posted there please hop over and let me know who's coming. I have sylvia, phyllis, cheryl, lin, msmisk, element, muddauber. Anybody else?

o

I have posted my haves and wants before. I will post them again. I will just copy / paste the post again.

If you want something or have something, please send me a private message and let me know to check the boards or make the swap privately then I can add your wants/have to my latest posts. Digging through all the new posts is a bit confusing, so if I missed your post to me, I am not ignoring you, I just missed your posts.

This was a bad year for us. We lost a lot of plants due to vacations and heat issues.

Haves:
Pink Oleander Cuttings,
I will have more stuff to add after I finish my garden clean up
Seeds I will have to go through everything and bring them to the swap.
serrano pepper seeds
Jalapeo Pepper seeds
Hungarian Cherry Pepper Limited #s
sweet basil seeds

Wants:
Hardy Texas Hibiscus prefer reds and pinks large flowers. Cuttings and seedlings
Purple Vitex seedlings
Butterfly bush seedlings
Cigar Plant
Gold Star esperanza seedling
Honeny Suckles
Rose of Sharon seedling or cuttings
Purple Heart, Purple Queen, Wandering Jew - cuttings or plant
Brugmansia cuttings reds and pinks
Daturas
Hot Pepper Seeds
Turks Caps seedlings, plants and seeds - prefers plants and seedlings
Lady In red Salvia seeds, seedlings and plants
Lady in Pink Salvia seeds, seedlings, and plants
Seedums
Yellow Shrimp Plant
Red Shrimp Plant
Succulents
Red Hummingbird Bush
Cast Iron Plants
Indoor Plants that for low light

Repost - for the items I am interested in.

I thought I would combine all my interests in 1 post and not clog up this post.

Items I am interested in:
SerenityMoon: Vitex Seedling

msmisk: Pineapple sage, rock rose, texas red hibiscus, white coneflower

Barkingdogwoods: ruellia chi chi and rooted figs.

Is there anything you guys are interested in?

o

OK, here is what I have on my list for trades on saturday:

Sylvia : Papi Amarillis, lavender mint, pink rose anything else?
For me : Yellow bird of paradise, culinary sage, lemon mint, schoolhouse lily if you have any extra

Phyllis : Varigated ginger, lavender mint, lemongrass
For me : Flame acanthus, sabrina hollyhocks, purple butterfly bush

Seamommy : Orchid
For me : Surprized me with something not on my have list.

Fortunegardener : Rose and mexican mint marigold
For me : Texas Star Hibiscus, garden phlox preferred or sedum is fine

msmisk : please take a look at my list- I have hollyhock plants (deep red single), large purple bearded iris
For me : if available - salvia orebsia, pink yarrow, artemesia or any other extra's you might have.

element : do you have any potted plants on my wish list??
or kombucha baby or 3 gallon or large pots??

barkingdogwoods : I have a large hawaiian crinum spiderlily if you want it- they are easy to grow, but I do bring them in for winter
For me : if available, rooted fig cuttings, corona de cristo passionflower

I have several pots of a very pretty varity of coleus that I overwintered last year, and still have lots listed above available, just let me know by Friday AM.

o

Hi Serenitymoon -

I also have for you from your want list - if you still want it - Jerusalem artichoke. It only has one stem but the roots ('chokes) are fairly nice. This one was a straggler that I missed when digging them up.

I'm fairly certain I have the passion flower for you, and will check on the fig cuttings today once the rain has passed. I may have to dig some up, the ones in the greenhouse have met MickeyMouse who has moved in for the winter...

I would love the Hawaiian Crinum Spiderlily!! If you have any of the onions or elephant garlic as well, that would be awesome.

Lin

o

Hi Serenitymoon, I think I have a few large plastic pots I can bring for you. And I have some nice purple salvias if you're interested. Cheryl

o

Serenity,

I'm glad you posted;
I'll bring you those 4 things!

Everyone else,

I'd be happy to trade stuff for Landscaper's Mix ($3 for a 2 cubic foot bag at Lowe's).

o

Hi Element -

I'll be glad to swap the Chi-Chi ruellias for pepper seeds, but I have a lot of time and care invested in the rooted fig cuttings so I prefer to swap them for a plant that's on my want list.

Hope you understand . . .

Lin

o

Hey everybody - just found out my niece and Sis in law are coming to the swap from Oklahoma. Niece just remarried and is starting her garden almost from scratch and SIL doesn't have much to bring, but she did say she has some white Texas star hibiscus seeds to share.

o

How cool is that! Maybe there's something she'd like on my list for some of that seed...or I have some other plants I'll be bringing - can you ask them if there's something they'd like?

I bet they get the prize for "farthest distance traveled" - too bad the prize is Sylvia's basket of four o'clocks :)

o

I'm not going to be able to attend the swap after all. I'm still sick with what I'm assuming is the flu - I just can't seem to shake it. I had thought surely I'd be better by now. I apologize to those I had pretrades with, and I'll email you also to let you know. I hope it's not too much of an inconvenience.

Carol

o

Barefoot, I understand about the fig. All I have is pepper seeds. I will be bring some seeds.

I do have several Salvia coccinea Lady in Red volunteers and seeds. I also have some lady in pink about 2 seasons old.

If interested, I have several Double Purple Daturas seed pods and some Datmansia seeds I got from Carrie last summer. I can share some of those as well.

o

Carol, I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Perhaps we can exchange plants another day...

Lin

o

Final update, for me anyways.

Sylvia : Papi Amarillis, lavender mint, pink rose
For me : Yellow bird of paradise, culinary sage, lemon mint, schoolhouse lily if you have any extra

Phyllis : Varigated ginger, lavender mint, lemongrass
For me : Flame acanthus, sabrina hollyhocks, purple butterfly bush

Seamommy : Orchid
For me : Pots and purple salvia will be great

Fortunegardener : Rose and mexican mint marigold
For me : Texas Star Hibiscus, garden phlox preferred or sedum is fine

element : 3 gallon potted Vitex seedling
do you have any potted plants on my wish list??
or kombucha baby or several 3 gallon or large pots??

barkingdogwoods : I have a large hawaiian crinum spiderlily, multiplying onions, elephant garlic
For me : rooted fig cuttings, corona de cristo passionflower

I will have some extras for the orphan table for sure. See you all Saturday.

o

Hi Serenitymoon -

Did you want me to bring you the Jerusalem Artichoke? I'd love to give it a home :)

Lin

o

Oops, sorry I missed that, yessum I do. I will have a special place in my garden for it.

o

Good! Thanks for taking it (and now I feel better about our trade :)

o

I wanted to let everyone know that my dad passed away Oct 9th. I have been so wrapped up in his last care & then the funeral etc. that I never was able to get anything ready for the swap. On top of that I will be working all day Sat. so I can't even come out to say Hi to everyone.
I will miss ya'll & will plan to see everyone in the spring. Donna usually rides with me & so she also will be absent from the swap.

I hope that you all have a wonderful swap.

Love in Christ,
Debbie

o

serenitymoon: I will look through my stuff. I may have 1 or 2 3 gallon pots not in use. No promises though, I wont get in from work until after 8PM and will have to get up early enough to look through my piles of garden stuff to see what I can find.

o

Lin - that prize comment is hilarious. Cracked me up. They would probably both love to have 4 o'clocks though. OK, swap's tomorrow so I'm posting my cell phone number in case anybody gets lost. 4, six, nine, 2, three five, 3, five, zero, one. See everyone in the morning.

o

Hey Brenda, I've swapped for 4 o'clocks myself! On one of my lists there was an offer for seeds for Mirabilis jalapa ex 'Limelight' - chartruse leaves with magenta flowers. If I manage not to kill it I might have some to share :)

o

Lin, two for each of your rose cuttings are enough. Could you also bring folksinger? I just did a web search and found it is a Buck rose. I love Buck rose but do not know where to get them! Do you like a hoya plant from me? I will bring it in anyway. Thanks.

o

HI Fortune -

Sorry - I can't bring Folksinger as it is in east Texas not the DFW area.

FWIW, I got this rose at Redenta's - and at a 75% off sale - guess they didn't know what they had!

Lin

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Texas are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here