Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
First Frost Date Estimated to be November 12 or 13,...

Posted by sylviatexas z8a Tx (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 8, 09 at 17:25

so we need to plan to have swap plants in the ground a couple of week before...

so I'm thinking October 24-

The Botanic Garden Fall Sale is October 10, so if we go to that, we don't have room for swap plants!

but the Autumn Festival at the Japanese Gardens is October 24-25, so we *could* make it to 2 wonderful events in one day.

Whaddya think>

Here is a link that might be useful: FW Swap Site

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: First Frost Date Estimated to be November 12 or 13,...

I am coming this time, barring a medical emergency or hurricane in Galveston, so whatever time you put up, I plan on being there.
I need to check out the Botanic Garden sale info. When we were there this Spring, I saw many things in the native section I would love to try. I am a salvia nut and there were some really nice ones growing.

Or what kinds of things do they sell, I've never been before. I know, its sad.

o

They sell a whole bunch of stuff, & the words to the wise are:

1. Get there *early*!
There's plenty of parking, but it fills up fast, & the later you are, the further away you have to park, & the further you have to walk to get to the plants, & they'll all be gone when you get there!

2. Don't think "maybe?...well, I'll come back to that one."
It won't be there.

Take your little red wagon & grab stuff as you go, & if you get too much, leave the plants at an attended waiting area & take your now-empty little red wagon around just as fast as you can go!

o

I'm all for the 24th.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Texas are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here