Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sylviatexas1

HAVE: Ft Worth Autumn Swap-October 20

sylviatexas1
16 years ago

I know it's early, but the San Antonio people are already revving up & rooting cuttings, so...

The moon goes into the first quarter (on the increase) on the 19th, so the 20th & 21st should be good days to plant stuff other than root crops!

We'll meet at Trinity Park, just north of I-30 across the street from the Botanic Gardens/Japanese Gardens.

Has anyone rooted roses using the technique Venessa demonstrated at the Spring Swap?

& how many are you bringing to trade???

I rooted a couple, already gave them to friends, but I'm really enthused that the technique works so well;

I may do some more if I don't roast/bake/broil/fry first!

If anyone knows of a scheduling conflict, like if the park will be hosting some giant event that Saturday, PLEASE post here, & we'll pick another day.

Comments (151)

• ambersas
    16 years ago

I'll bring red bud (potted, about a foot tall including pot). Also have at least 2 taros for pond/bog. Since I'm still learning what will grow where and how well, don't have a lot of extra stuff around.

We just finished redoing our pond system - two small ponds with a stream inbetween - so I could use just about any ground covers - except ivy. Anybody have any frogfruit? I'll even take some creeping jenny though I know it can easily get away from you.

Oh, and I'll take orders for aprons if you want one. Just didn't get around to getting them in time this swaptime.

Dorothy

• kay75052
    16 years ago

Hi everyone, I plan to come and I have these plants to bring--water plant: umbrella plant, pickerel rush, yellow flag iris, fairy moss, and lizard tail, other plants: black pearl oramental peppers, agrave, aloe vera, pink rock rose, brazilian rock rose, cypress vine, dwarf peach tree seedling, ghost plant, snake plant, spider plant, rosemary, red rose and some small garden decor items.

Barb, I would love to have one of your small amaryllis and a bonanza daylily if you still have some available. I have some red cannas, but they are about 4-5 feet tall with green leaves if you're interested.

Cheryl, I would also like to have some of you stella d'oro lily if you still have some available.

Please let me know if you would like anything from me.

Thank you.

Kay

• mikeandbarb
    16 years ago

Sylvia, a firecracker fern is not the same as a plant but I am interested in the firecracker plant not the cigar plant, if what your telling me it might be the one I was looking at - at green mamas last week. It is red open tube flowers. If that is the one then yes I'd love a start.

Alley I have all the orange cannas I can handle but thank you for getting back to me on the color.

Kay, I have you down for Bonanza daylily and Amaryllis, I'm always looking for yard art, decor items. Thank you for the offer of the cannas but I have red :)

• weldontx
    16 years ago

Sylvia, I have a Cherokee rose that just rooted and plan to pot it on Tue. I'll bring it with your name on it. Will probably need to stay in the pot this winter and plant in spring.
    Barb, I'll have plenty of rudbeckia -- brn eyed and triloba.
    PLEASE somebody tell me if you're interested in roses. I have at least 15 - 20 that I could bring. Would rather not haul that many with all the other plants if there's not much interest.

Debbie -- roses for pumpkin and/or banana bread??????
    Dorothy, Dorothy, Dorothy -- please, may I have an apron that says POPS ?? You want money?, plants?, roses? I've even got a couple of crepe myrtles I might could load in!!!

Weldon

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

uh.

weldon.

it is I, rose junkie of the Texas forum, speaking to you here-

I have a splitting headache right now (too much "fresh" pollen & mold-laden air), so I'll have try to think tomorrow of what I can trade for some roses.

barb-what I have is about 3' tall & maybe 4' across, loses its leaves in winter, I never water it. the leaves are sort of like willow leaves only shorter, & the flowers are tubular orange/red ones.
    When I googled cigar plant, the flowers look similar but the hardiness zone is 9 & 10, & this thing has been outside forever.

I'll check more tomorrow.

• debbiedo7
    16 years ago

Weldon,
    I've got pumpkin bread for you & if I can get some over ripe bananas then one of them too.

I like ever-blooming - re-blooming roses especially in 2 tone pinks - reds etc. if you have anything like that. Do you have any of the double white daturas and rudbeckia left? OH AND if you bring toooo many roses I promise to take em all off your hands .... lol remember Donna my next door neighbor, weeelll she & my grand daughters want ROSES.

Don't know if anyone else is interested but Direct Gardening has their Fruit Cocktail trees at 50% off so they're only 12.48 each. I'm planning on ordering a couple & would be happy to split the $9 flat shipping with someone. (I live in grand Prairie)
    http://www.directgardening.com/index.asp

Sylvia how does Black Walnuts repel fleas????
    I know that Eucalyptus works (Does anyone have Eucalyptus trees - seeds?) Also I'll bring your brownies & bread for daylillies - irises, lantana & lambs ear.

Oh Marti I just saw that you have crinum lillies - do you still have any up for grabs, also I'd like some confetti Lantana & the pots you offered. Let me know what you want for them

Mommyfox I'd like to have some of your columbine, caladiums, abutilon & some passion vine. What's your desire??

Shushuang if you still have any of the pomegranate's, daylillies & the cherimoya plants I'd love to have some. Let me know

Barb do you have any Bonanza Daylillie left? If so what would you like in trade?

Oh & I'm always looking for all kinds of pots to plant in.

I can make Pumpkin bread, maybe Banana bread, brownies &
    I also have my moms bread machine & will probably bring some dill , fresh ginger, cinnamon or onion bread if someone wants to trade for any. I practiced making up different types of bread this summer for my mom so I'm ready. Just put in your order by Wednesday night. I'll be getting the stuff Thursday & start baking during Thursday & Friday

:o)
    Debbie

• mikeandbarb
    16 years ago

Sylvia, I think I'll pass on the firecracker plant.

Debbie, I put your name on the last Bonanza daylily, if your able to make some banana nut bread I'll take one. DH love it so it will make him happy.

Weldon I looked up the brown eyed susan and I think I have the same thing.

I think my brain stopped working, I'm so tired LOL

• weldontx
    16 years ago

Sylvia- Barb, I empathize with the allergy/fatique syndrome.
    OK here's a rose list. Several are once bloomers (spring) but some are rare and probably not found anywhere in this area
    Be sure to look them up on http://www.helpmefind.com/rose/roses

Johann Strauss (aka Sweet Sonata); Wm. R. Smith;Mme Henri Fontaine; Haynesville pink cluster; Haywood Hall; Lafter; Gardinia (cl, spg blm);Mlle. Franzika Kreuger; Martha Gonzales; Hansa; Sally Holmes; Twister (cl); Prairie Star(Buck); a lg yellow (lg bush-lg bloom); a smelly bi-color--yellow w/red edge; one of my favorites--powder pink in an old fashion type bloom. A couple of surprises!
    Miniatures: a really cute red climber; Sunnydew (yellow);Rose Gilardi (red w/pink moss type); Scarlet Gem -red.
    See you there.
    Weldon

• txtearose
    16 years ago

I'm going to try to make from Central Texas.
    I have:

rooted roses:
    Cl. apricot (unknown large climber), Red Cascade, Caldwell Pink, Madame Alfred Carriere, St. David, Excellence von Schubert (1), and cl. fairy (invasive)and a few others...won't have room to bring all so email if you want one.

other plants:
    Mexican Heather, Mexican ruellia (small), Turk's cap (not the lily), Texas Star Hibiscus Red, Walking Iris tropical), Asiatic jasmine (ground cover), Blue\lavendar Lantana, Mother of Thousands (tropical), Aloe, Speedwell (Venoica, Royal Candles-blue-spiked perennial).

Weldon, I would love William R. Smith if I have something you would like. If you want a particular rose, check with me, I have some not listed. Some are listed on my trade page.

Sylvia, I would love cuttings of Lamarque, Geoff Hamilton, and Graham Thomas if I something you would like. Also, Lamb's ear.

Things I would like:

Lamarque cuttings (or rooted, looking for two)
    Zephirine Drouhin (or rooted, looking for two)
    Sweet Chariot(min rose) cuttings or rooted
    Perennials, especially blue, that do well in Texas
    Bulbs

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Weldon, if there're enough, I'd love to have a William R Smith & a Hansa...

I'll bring a zillion cuttings.
    I called one of the roses by the wrong name, it's The Apothocary Rose, not the Alchemist.
    & I also have Darlow's Enigma, New Dawn, & Zepherine Droughin.

& txtearose, I'd love to have a Caldwell Pink.
    I'll bring you cuttings from the 3 you listed & from Z Droughin & lamb's ears.

• txtearose
    16 years ago

Thanks, Sylvia...do you just need one Caldwell Pink, if you need two, I can do that also.

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

If you can spare 2, I'd love them!

Hello, my name is Sylvia, & I am a rose-aholic.

• weldontx
    16 years ago

I just happen to have 2 Wm R. Smith: 1 for Sylvia, plus Hansa and 1 for txtearose. TTR I would like Caldwell pink, if you have a 3rd, Tx star hibiscus, and blue perennials if small.
    Does ANYONE have hummingbird bush --trade you THREE roses or whatever for one. Also What's puppy paws?? someone at my plant sale told me about the plant. Also who has candle bush?

Weldon

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

txtearose, if you don't have 3 Caldwell Pinks, I reeeeally don't need 2, save one for Weldon.

Weldon, when you say butterfly bush, are you talking about buddleia?

They're *wonderful*!

• debbiedo7
    16 years ago

Weldon,
    I googled the roses & these looked nice, Lafter, *Rose Gilardi, Twister, Johann Strauss rose (aka Sweet Sonata).

IF YOU FIND ANOTHER Wm. R. Smith I WOULD REALLY LIKE ONE OF IT - IT LOOKS pretty & says it's continuous blooming.

Thanks,
    Debbie

• debbiedo7
    16 years ago

Kay,
    If you have enough I would love to get some of these that you are offering.
    yellow flag iris, fairy moss, black pearl oramental peppers, agrave, pink rock rose, brazilian rock rose, cypress vine, dwarf peach tree seedling, ghost plant.

Would you like to trade for bread?? Read above for types. I will bring some extra loaves to trade while I'm at the trade.
    Thanks,
    Debbie

• debbiedo7
    16 years ago

Sylvia,
    I would also like to request several clippings of your roses ... Graham Thomas, Geoff Hamilton & Lamarque. I want to try my hand at propogating them the Vanessa way.

OK I know I've posted 3 in a row - BUT I'm trying to get all my wants in before Saturday.... LOL YES I AM A PLANTAHOLIC.

Anyway here is the list I have configured - some with acknowlegment some without.

Please respond so I know who to look for & what your wants are. OK

Sylvia,----------- Me  Brownies, Pumpkin bread
    daylillies - irises, lantana & lambs ear
    roses ... Graham Thomas, Geoff Hamilton & Lamarque

Marti
    crinum lillies - also I'd like some confetti Lantana & the pots you offered

Mommyfox
    I'd like to have some of your columbine, caladiums, abutilon & some passion vine.

Shushuang
    pomegranate's, daylillies & the cherimoya plants

Barb ---------- Me  Banana nut bread
    Bonanza Daylillie

Cheryl Stella d'Oro

Weldon, --------- Me - Pumpkin & Banana nut

Lafter, *Rose Gilardi, Twister, Johann Strauss rose (aka Sweet Sonata). IF YOU FIND ANOTHER Wm. R. Smith

Kay,

yellow flag iris, fairy moss, black pearl oramental peppers, agrave, pink rock rose, brazilian rock rose, cypress vine, dwarf peach tree seedling, ghost plant

Again breads I will try to bring are:
    Pumpkin bread, maybe Banana bread, brownies &
    I also have my moms bread machine & will probably bring some dill , fresh ginger, cinnamon or onion bread if someone wants to trade for any. I practiced making up different types of bread this summer for my mom so I'm ready. Just put in your order by Wednesday night. I'll be getting the stuff Thursday & start baking during Thursday & Friday

Thanks,
    Debbie

• txtearose
    16 years ago

Weldon, I'm labeling a Caldwell Pink for you, as well as a red Texas star hibiscus and blue perennials. I'll bring some red Tx star seeds (plants are small) also and just a few white Tx Star Hibiscus seeds, which is new to me this year so I have just a few. Looked up Twister... wow, is that a beautiful thing!

Sylvia, thanks so much...I'll bring 2 Caldwells or one and any other rose on my trade page you may want.

I'll trade rooted rose for any named rose cuttings if any else is interested. This is the time of year I propagate roses.

Thanks, Faye

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yay!

If you have an Amazone, I'd love to have that;
    it's gorgeous!

& I can bring you cuttings from Tradescant & probably LaMarque, too.

Debbie, I'll bring you cuttings, too!

I don't know how black walnut keeps fleas away, or even if it really really does, but if it works for Vi, I'm getting me some black walnuts!

• dirtmomma
    16 years ago

Is anyone interested in potted annuals? I have pink (green leaf) begonias, and coleus (shade) that I don't plan to overwinter; I also have umbrella plants and crinum

• txtearose
    16 years ago

I put your name on Amazone, Sylvia...I'm looking forward to cuttings. Thanks, Faye (TxTeaRose)

• kay75052
    16 years ago

Hi,
    Barb, thanks, I will put aside the small garden decor items for you.

Debbie, I will set aside those for you. can I have pumkin & banana nut please.

Sylvia, would you have that thornless rose from last year? My DH accidentally weeded mines that I had planted. I think it was a yellow color rose. Does anyone else have thornless or near thornless roses that I can have cutting of?

Mommyfox, can I have one of your abutilon? Please let me know if there is anything you want from me.

Thank you.

kay

• catlunatic
    16 years ago

Weldon,

Are you meaning Flame Acanthus. If so I have lots of it coming up from seed. I can pot up some for you. I think I may be able to make it to the swap. Also if candle bush is candlestick tree I also have some already in pots.My local nursery had them marked down to 50 cents. I picked up all 8 of them.They are 2-3 ft tall.
    I have seeds from porterweed- coral, blue and dwarf red.
    Ihave seeds of a plant that I grow as an annual called african foxglove. It gets pretty tall and sprawls if not staked. Also have a few small cat's whiskers.

Hope

• mikeandbarb
    16 years ago

Hope I'd like some Flame Acanthus please.

• debbiedo7
    16 years ago

dirtmomma,
    I am willing to overwinter some of your annuals, if you don't have enough pots just put em in a bag & I'll pot them up, also I'd love some crinum. Whats you choice in bread?

Kay,
    You got pumpkin & banana bread coming.

Hope,
    I would love to trade bread or buy a couple of the candle trees, also I'd like some of the Flame Acanthus seeds/plants, & a couple cat's whiskers

Sylvia,
    I forgot to ask for some of your vicks plant - sounds interesting.

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Debbie, I may have to pot some Vick's plant-
    it really does smell like Vaporub!

Kay-
    Was it Lady Banks?
    Lady Banks is a delicate yellow rose with small leaves & small flowers, spring-blooming, thornless, & it grows very large.

I'll bring you cuttings.

& Zepherine Droughin is thornless; I'll bring cuttings of that too.

It's a big climber with big deep rose-pink, almose fuschia, flowers.

• dirtmomma
    16 years ago

Debbie - either banana or pumpkin bread will work
    I'll bring all my annuals - maybe more than you want -
    I'll also bring the crinum.

Candle tree person
    I'd like to buy or trade for one of the candletrees if any left -

Dorothy B.

• sshuang
    16 years ago

Debbie,

I can bring you Pomegranate, Daylily, and Cherimoya plants. The Daylily is the common orange variety. The Cherimoya is a tropical plant which cannot tolerate any frost.

Sherman

• ambersas
    16 years ago

I've not been able to keep up with the swap items this time. . . guess I just have to see what's left over. :-)

I could use any ground covers and decorative grasses. Anybody have those?

We also have quite a few pods from Mexican Buckeye if someone should want to try their hand at germinating them.

A branch fell and topped my Mrs. Chambers brugmansia. I have the cuttings/broken pieces but they don't seem to be drinking water. . . any hints?

Could someone refresh my memory of where we are holding the swap please?

Weldon - for sure I'll sew what you want on an apron!

Dorothy

• barefoot_in_texas
    16 years ago

Ok - hubby and I will be bring the hot dogs, condiments and sodas/water. We'll also bring paper plates, etc. What a deal, trade a plant for a meal. lol.

• barefoot_in_texas
    16 years ago

Oops - forgot to add - I'd like one of those candlestick trees. And if anybody has any homeless plants, I've got room at the inn.

• TxMarti
    16 years ago

Dorothy, do you have any Redbuds left? If so, I would like one.

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Dorothy I can take cuttings from the vinca minor;
    I have it growing under & up into a big shade tree.

Let me know if you want it.

The swap is the easiest place in the world to find:

From I-30 just west of downtown Ft Worth, take the University exit & turn north.

Immediately turn right, into Trinity Park.

Look for maniacs with plants.

easy.

NOTE TO THE FORUM:

I probably have lost count of everything, but it doesn't seem to me like barefoot in texas has asked for maybe 3 or 4 things & any "orphans", & she's the one feeding our army!

If we could each put back one nice something-or-other for her, I think she can go home with enough nice garden plants to keep her busy til spring!

• TxMarti
    16 years ago

Here's my list of haves & wants if y'all could double-check it.

Have:
    Crinum lily, 1 to debbiedo, 4 unclaimed
    Yellow water iris, 2 pots with multiple plants
    Firecracker plant, 1 to seamommy, 1 to Weldon, 1 to barefoot, 1 to Weldon
    Confetti lantana, 2 to seamommy, 1 to debbiedo, 1 to barefoot, 1 unclaimed
    Arc n Ciel water lily, 1 to Dorothy?, 1 unclaimed
    Texas Dawn water lily, 1 unclaimed
    Hyacinth bean vine seeds, 2 packets, unclaimed
    4" pots with tray, 1 to debbiedo, 1 extra
    4" divided pot trays, several of them, unclaimed

Want:
    Redbud, if Dorothy has any left
    Flame Acanthus, if Hope has any left
    Black Taro, 1 from Dorothy
    Rosemary, 1 from Weldon
    Datura, if Weldon has any left
    Fresh ginger, if debbiedo has any left
    Mexican buckeye seeds from Dorothy
    put me down for 2 hot dogs barefoot

Kay, are your spider plants red? If so I would like one if you have any left.

I can bring a door prize, and food if someone will tell me what to bring.

Also, do we need to bring our own tables & chairs?

• TxMarti
    16 years ago

I forgot one. Does anyone want any sedum? I don't know what kind, like a ground cover.

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

My plan is to get the boxes together tomorrow morning & take the rose cuttings tomorrow night.

So, here's my working list, please let me know if I've left you off or made a mistake:

BARB-
    I bring you: pool floats, iris
    You bring me: plumeria (doesn't matter what color), daylilies

BAREFOOT GIRL-
    I bring you: lantana, lamb's ears, 'orphans'
    You bring me: lunch!

REBECCA-
    I bring you: comfrey
    You bring me: dog food? coupons? sump'n!

CHERYL-
    I bring you: What *do* I bring you?
    You bring me: Gala Apple seedlings, pecan seedlings, maybe Stellas if you have enough.

WELDON-
    I bring you: $10! & millions of rose cuttings
    You bring me: Cherokee rose, Hansa, William R Smith

DOROTHY-
    I bring you: lamb's ears? pond plants, La (pond) iris
    You bring me: redbuds, black taro if you have enough

MOMMYFOX-
    I bring you: pots for forcing bulbs
    You bring me: violets or sump'n for shade

SHERMAN-
    I bring you: soaker hose if I can find one in good shape, 1 gallon & up pots
    You bring me: gardenia, pomegranite, yaupon
    I think you need to receive something else; you're bringing me a bunch of stuff. Can you use a couple of hanging baskets lined with coconut or some such?

ALLEY-
    I bring you: Kwanzos & "anything" (Bwah hah hah hah!)

KAY-
    I bring you: cuttings for Lady Banks & Zepherine Droughin
    You bring me: ghost plant if you still have any.

DEBBIE-
    I bring you: Vick's plant, lantana, lamb's ear, iris, caylilies, cuttings LaMarque, Graham Thomas, Geoff Hamilton
    You bring me: your famous brownies, any & every kind of bread that you are inspired to bake.

FAYE-
    I bring you: lamb's ear, cuttings from LaMarque, G Thomas, G Hamilton, Z Droughin, Tradescant
    You bring me: Caldwell Pink, Amazone

MARTI-
    I bring you: cuttings from Dusty Miller

If I've omitted anybody or any plant, puhleeze let me know!

WINDDANCER-

I'll *try* to post signs, but the park police may remove them.

It's very easy to get to the park, & all you have to do is follow the trail around & look for us when you get there!

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Marti-

Yes, if you can bring chairs & maybe a table, it makes it easier for you.

You can put your "available" plants on the table & the ones you're taking home underneath, & taking time to sit down a bit sure helps.

reminders:
    We start around 10-ish, just beyond the pavilion if possible.

We cannot use the pavilion because it's "reservations only", &, even if no one is there when we arrive, they'll likely show up as soon as we all get comfortable!

Bring a notebook, pen, maybe a hat, stick-on labels, if someone has stick-on nametags those would be nice, I'll bring what I have but they're not stick-on.

• TxMarti
    16 years ago

BTW, I just noticed the lunch/food sign up post. If anyone else is looking, there is a separate fw swap lunch post.

What can I bring you Sylvia?

• TxMarti
    16 years ago

I don't have name labels, but have envelope labels that would probably work.

• txtearose
    16 years ago

Marti, if Dorothy doesn't have a redbud, I do..I'll bring it just in case...I'd love a crinum if we can work something out...Faye

• catlunatic
    16 years ago

Hi All,
    I potted up a lot of flame acanthus today. It is a little wilty but should be o.k. Also potted up a few chinese pistache trees if anyone's interested.
    Debbiedo do you have a preference on the cat's whiskers color. I have both white and lavender.
    May also have a couple of hoya starts available.
    Can also bring crinum lilies if more are needed.

Hope

• mommyfox
    16 years ago

Dang, you guys have been busy!

I finally managed to get out and dig stuff today. Here's my list, belated though it is ...

3 Rock Roses
    A pot of artemesia (a bit like Dusty Miller)
    2 Blue Daze
    3 Dwarf Columbine (one with debbie07's name on it)
    2 Violets (Sylvia, not sure how these do with snails but they're pretty tough. I'll keep one back for you.)
    Boxwood (And if anyone wants more, I have a whole hedge for you. But I ain't diggin' them tomorrow for a swap on Sat.)
    2 Bromeliads (one for weldontx - though they're looking a little shabby, I hope that's ok)
    2 Abutilons for debbie07 and kay75052, assuming I actually get out to pot these tomorrow. Otherwise, I have lots of seed. Guys, any color preference between apricot and pink?
    A bag of mixed irises (white, purple, yellow)
    Pothos
    2 pots of Wandering Jew

I didn't get out to dig my caladiums unfortunatley, and my flame acanthus and passionvine didn't root for me. :-( Alas, I am not a great rooter. Sorry!

As far as what I want, I'm up for lots of stuff - bulbs, perennials, redbuds (I hope), roses, whatever! Just as long as it's pretty hardy, because by February my life will be eaten by an eight-pound bundle of needs, and next spring is going to be a tough-it-out-or-die season for my plants ...

• mommyfox
    16 years ago

D'oh! And pots! I need lots of pots for forcing bulbs for Christmas presents! Does that make me a pot-head? (My husband says, only if I wear the pots like a hat.)

• TxMarti
    16 years ago

I was just walking around the yard & there are 3 Spanish Lavender I need to dig up (if I can get them out with enough roots) if anyone wants any.

Mommyfox, you aren't alone, I just started digging & potting yesterday too. Well, I did dig up some lantana earlier but they died so they don't count. ;)

• kay75052
    16 years ago

Sylvia, Cool. I knew you would have something for me :-) Thanks. I will put you down for the ghost plant.

Marti8a, can you put me down for one of the arc n ciel water lily and a crinum lily, please. the spider plant I have is a house plant; it's not like the "nake ladies" plant. I think I have a double white datura if you like one. It sprouted next to my big plant. I can pot it up for you if you're interested.

mommyfox, I would like one of your columbine also. On the abutilon, I don't have a color preference so any one is fine. Would you be interested in something that is not garden related? It's more for your new bundle of joy. I can send you a pic of it if you're interested. please let me know.

• TxMarti
    16 years ago

Hi Kay, I know what spider plant you are talking about now, aka airplane plant?

I have you down for a crinum & arc n ciel.

Txtearose, if Dorothy doesn't bring one, I would love to have a redbud.

• TxMarti
    16 years ago

Oh & Kay, I would love to have a datura. Then Weldon won't have to worry about it. I don't need any indoor plants so don't put me down for a spider plant. Thanks!

• sshuang
    16 years ago

Sylvia,

I dug up around 6 Yaupon Hollies for you. My Yaupon sucker alot so the supply is limited by the amount of pots and soil that I have. I also have a couple of Pomegranates for you and several Gardenias as well.

I can certainly use hanging baskets if you have some to spare.

Catlunatic,

I would like to get some Chinese Pistache trees. I have Gardenia, Jasmine, Aloe Vera, Pothos, Pomegranate, Luffa seeds, and Cherimoya seeds. I can dig up Yaupon Holly, Coreopsis, and orange Daylily if someone want those plants.

Sherman

• TxMarti
    16 years ago

My neighbor is coming over this afternoon to help me dig. I have a couple of small vitex suckers if anyone wants those, widow's tears, Roughleaf dogwood, and purple heart. If no one wants them, I'm not going to dig them up.

• rebecca150
    16 years ago

Oh for pete's sake.

Please all, forgive my inability to post more than once in a fortnight! I have three children, ages 9, 6 and 2 and a half and I swear each one of them is in some sort of "stage". They also have managed to infect the household with one wicked running nose bug and a separate tummy bug.

Fun days of motherhood.

But we are all better now. I'll be at the swap tomorry, pending actually finding my way:-) But I won't be bringing homemade treats. Unless someone WANTS to get sick....Anybody??? Didn't think so!!!!!!!!!

I have a list of nonplant materials that I will be posting very shortly.

Sylvia, I managed to score four free cans of dog food. Please take a look at my list when I post and tell me if there is anything else I can give you.

I'll have my list up as soon as I can. My two and half year old needs tons of attention these days so it may take 2 and a half hours, but I will get it up!

Rebecca

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH