Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

o
HAVE: San Antonio Fall Plant Swap

Posted by roselee z8 SW Texas (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 16, 10 at 19:43

DATE: Saturday, October 9, 2010

TIME: 9:00 until......

PLACE: MacArthur Park on Loop 410 in San Antonio. Google maps will give directions.

PAVILLION #1. It has several large tables with benches. Bring your own sack lunch and drink. A dessert to share would be yummy :-)

The main theme for the SAPS is to enjoy the company of other gardeners, keep things loose, & have fun.

We all bring our extra plants, plus any garden related "stuff" like garden magazines, iron fence pieces, baskets, buckets, pots, manure, fertilizer, etc.

Pre-trades are good, since you know you'll be getting something you want, & you know your stuff is getting a new home.

You can swap anything for anything, no "rules" about seed-for-seed, plant-for-plant, etc; as long as the gardeners agree, there you go.

You can swap a Ferrari for a package of tomato seeds if you want (or a cow for a package of magic beans ;-)!

Just post what you have & what you want, & people can reply with offers. once both gardeners agree they're in business!

Do not remove plants or other items from tables. Plants and things no longer up for trade are placed beneath the tables and are off limits.

It's handy to put your pre-trades for each person in a box with that person's name on it & jot down on the label or box what you are to get from that person.

If you have room in your vehicle, it's good to bring a card table, cart or little red wagon.

Loose comfy clothing, comfy shoes, a hat, maybe a sweater, water, hand lotion or sun block, newspapers for packing, Sharpies, notebook, camera, labels, etc are all good things to have on hand "just in case".

Even if you don't have much extra plants or garden material for trading yet, cookies & brownies go over very well. We don't worry about even-steven trades.

Many of us have been doing this for several years, & we *always* have tons of plants that we'll trade for a token or even "free to good home".

(Even if you've only decided to start a garden on Friday night, by Saturday afternoon, you can start working on your garden!)

We also bring fun stuff for door prize drawings. You can bring anything garden related like used or new books, pots, decorative items, tools, gloves, etc. for the drawing. We like to have lots of things so everybody gets something.

There will be a can for donations to cover the $65.00 cost of renting the pavilion.

See you there!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: San Antonio Fall Plant Swap

I'll be there. No bells on the toes.
I owe someone a couple of yellow Irises promised at the spring swap.
pa

o

PA The yellow iris are for me.

Thanks roselee for posting. I have ordered a new computer.
I am using my son's.

The Altex person told me the virus is "MY Security Shield".
It resembles the gold shield that shows up for windows updates. People think it is part of that. Once you get it, it keeps adding virus after virus. A 6yr old laptop is not worth the cost of removing it.

Kathy

o

Kathy, good to see you on line even if on your son's computer. Thanks for the tip on watching out for the fake windows updates.

When Kathy went off-line she asked me to post about the upcoming SAPS. I used her tips from last fall too.

We'll be posting our have and wants here and maybe somewhere else too. Somehow we usually end up with a couple of threads going on the subject :-)

o

Bump

o

I have an abutilon growing in my yard.
I think it is:

Family: Malvaceae (mal-VAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Abutilon (a-BEW-tih-lon) (Info)
Species: fruticosum (froo-tih-KOH-sum)
The leaves are a gray/green and the stems are sticky (like sticky notes)
I have no idea where it came from. Maybe the seeds were in some of the bags of leaves.

If any one wants seeds, let me know.

o

Kathy, you have my sympathy about the computer problem! I just have to cross my fingers and hope nothing will make an end run around McAffee and that I don't do anything dumb. The last virus that snuck through DH was able to root out for me, but it hasn't always worked that way. I'm planning a laborious job this fall, redoing a large existing garden bed this fall, so don't know that I'll need any new plants while that's going on, but I'll plan to come anyway...maybe I can give some plants away.

o

Kathy, I will be coming. Since I am retired, I no longer have scheduled vacation weeks. So, I will be there for sure. Barbra,

o

I just sent you an e-mail.
Congratulations on your retirement.

K

o

It's only about six weeks until the swap so I'll start the trade lists so everybody can be thinking about what they want to trade. Thus far I have:

HAVE:

Mature BLUSH NOISETTE ROSE (healthy, fragrant, always in bloom, but blooms don't open well for me)
Mature IRENE LANTANA (maybe it will bloom for you)

The following are small plants, but well rooted in pint or quart pots:

NIGHT BLOOMING JASMINE (2)
FANICKS PHLOX (3)
LEMON HIBISCUS hardy (4)
SCARLET PENTAPETES, Scarlet Mallow (2)
KIDNEY WOOD TREE (1)
VELVET POD MIMOSA (2)
WINTER HONEYSUCKLE BUSH (2)
LOUSIANNA IRIS YELLOW (4 one gallon pots full of bulbs)
PACIFICA MUMS (3 one gallon pots full)

Can dig up plenty of these:

CORAL VINE
CHOCOLATE PLANT

There will probably be more as they come to mind ....
~ ~ ~ ~ ~

WANT:

PLUMERIA in pretty colors (I have one that is about to bloom, not sure what color yet)
HARDY HIBISCUS Texas, dinner plate, etc.
SPICE BUSH
ROSE CUTTINGS (or plants :-) Duchesse of Brabant, Prosperity, Nur Mahal, and English roses -- depending on what variety you have
AGAVES THAT STAY SMALL
INTERESTING CACTI, ALOES AND SUCCULENTS that I don't already have

Let's trade! :-)

o
RE: My page

You can post here about the trade plants offered or email me through 'My Page'. Thanks!

o
RE: HAVE: Also ...

Can dig:

PIGEON BERRY
FRUIT COCKTAIL SHRIMP PLANT

Also willing to part with a large size:

CLERODENDRUM UGANDENSE, blue butterfly plant. (I've enjoyed it but don't have room in the greenhouse for it to winter over)

The CHOCOLATE PLANT mentioned above is Pseuderanthemum alatum
The LEMON HIBISCUS is Hibiscus calyphyllus

o

Will plumeria cuttings be ok? David has a dark pink, a swirl of some sort( which I gave him) and a 3rd one I don't remember.

o

Kathy, cuttings would be great! I've been reading about plumerias and someone said it is best to try to root cuttings in the spring, but that cuttings would keep (in the fridge?) for months. What do you think? As for trades you already know that anything I have available is yours.

Also just to let anyone who might be interested in the "Irene" lantana and Clerodendrum Ugandense, they have been spoken for.

o

I plan on coming and am looking forward to it.

Salvias:
Leucantha
coccinea "coral nymph"
coccinea lavender
"Blue Chiquita"
Lyrata "purple knockout" (can dig if requested)
Salvia Mexicana "limelight" (cuttings)

Hibiscus syriacus:
"Bluebird" (1)
"Blue Satin" (1)

Artillery fern
Kalanchoe (red blooms)
Veronica speedwell
Cinnamon Basil
Stevia (2)
Pavonia Rock Rose
Creeping Thyme (can dig if requested)
Echinacea (can dig if requested)
Pink/orange candylily (can dig if requested)
White bearded iris
Egyptian walking onion
Vicks plant

Tonya

o

I may have some good plants to bring but I just transplanted them and gotta see how they do. Also, I've been making that cactus mix and giving it away for years but i've never actually heard anyone say whether it was good or not. Sorry folks no worm castings this year...Theyre still low in numbers after last winter. More to come....

o

Joey, looking forward to seeing what you have to bring. I got the most beautiful datura from you one year. It started out yellow, turned purple and then mostly white. Got any more of those? I never got any of your cactus mix, but need to talk to you on what you use for the ingredients.

If there is interest I can bring a couple of 'elephant ear' bulbs. I have the 'regular', upright, upright ruffled, and red upright. While they grow larger with lots of water none of these are the kind that need standing water and they will take some sun.

o

I'm looking forward to the swap too.

Here's my list

Have

Creeping Jenny Light chartreuse ground cover or hanging basket plant
Creeping Fig Ground cover, climbing plant, topiary. Needs some protection in winter.
Dichondra Silver Ponyfoot
Boston Fern (2) - These can winter outdoors with some protection
Angel Wing Begonia Not cold hardy, but very pretty plant
Coleus - Chartreuse

Bluebonnet Seeds A few still in pods from this past spring.

I'm going to try rooting some cutting from new things I have this year and will add them later.

Want

Ornamental Grasses

Joey - I just used your mix for Hens and Chicks yesterday so I should have a report soon. It looks really good and is better for them than the standard mix they were in which seemed way too wet.

Roselee - I would love a Fanick's Phlox. From an earlier thread you were planning to bring a purple cactus pad.

Marcie - I will bring the Creeping Fig and Angel Wing Begonia you requested at the last swap.

o

Shirley, gotcha' down for Fanick's phlox.

And thanks for the reminder about the purple cactus. I'll being a few extra pads. I know Kathy wouldn't want to miss out on getting a few ;-)

Something else I can dig and bring is:

INLAND SEA OATS

o

Hey Ragna, how do those sea oats do in full sun?

Tonya

o

Tonya, I'm not sure. The inland sea oats here are growing in the partial shade of a pecan tree.

They've seeded themselves around in the same area and I haven't tried them elsewhere.

o

Hmm...I grew those datura's from seed that said it was a triple purple.

o

Joey, here are some flowers from those seeds. The second and third ones are the same flower photographed early in the day and later showing the progression from yellow to white. The last one is a different flower from the same bush. It was the prettiest datura I ever saw. I saved seed, but lost track of them. Do you remember where you got them?

o

I've never seen a datura with the yellow and purple mixed (not that I've seen a whole lot of datura!) That is pretty.

The sea oats are pretty, too, Ragna. I think I'll take you up on your offer to dig some up. I don't have much shade right now, but it wouldn't hurt to give them a try.
Tonya

o

Holy Smokes!!! It grew into that? I think I remember that I bought them as seeds off of ebay and they were labeled "Double Purple Datura" or Datura Metel. But If I remember also correctly, the seller also was selling Double Yellows. If he even grew the plants he got the seeds from in the same greenhouse, then they could've crossed. If you still have those seed's, I'd like to try some.

Also I recieved a red mexican bird of paradise from someone at the swap and with the early rains and all I got some seeds from it...So I'll have those.

Anyone interested in some Monstera Seeds?

o

Joey, I'm afraid the seeds got thrown out as I can't find them. Can you possibly locate the seller on Ebay? They were the first Datura I'd grown in 20 years and I didn't realize how unusual the color was.

I looked up Monstera seeds on Google and would like to have some, but someone said the seeds don't keep well and need to be sown as soon as possible. There's a lot of interesting comments on the D site included how the fruit tastes. I've had one planted outside close to the brick wall of the house for 15 years and the roots survived the freeze last year, but being so shaded it has never made seeds.

Shirley, I'd like some of your Creeping Jenny. Thank you!

o

Roselee - Okay, Creeping Jenny set aside for you.

Those Datura are beautiful.

o

HAVE: Mature Ixora

It's another one for which I don't have room in my small green house. There are two in the pot so could separate if two people want it.

o

Hmm...maybe i'll sow them and see if they become anything big enough to swap.

I think the seller might've gone outta business because I cant find them. I know that someone on the Brugmansia/datura forum had a site where they sell unusual forms of datura. That might be a good place to start.

o

Rock oak deer, I would be interested in trading for the angel wing tip begonia, they do great at the coast.

Rosalee I would be interested in the red elephant ears. are the green Jacks giant, if so I would also like to trade for those. Barbra

I will print my list when I get back from the coast next week, I do know for sure that I have 2 yellow bells esparanza, 6 sweet memories duranta( kathy wants one), 6 tropicanna canna( Roselee wants one) 2 giant red leaf crinum.,and some african hosta. I will see what else I have when I get there next weekend. I have alot of white and pink salvia. I got two years ago at the plant swap. I need to pot them up, they are still in my yard, in San Antonio. Barbra

o

Barbra - I have an Angel Wing Begonia for you. Would love a Tropicanna.

Thanks
--Shirley

Photobucket

o

Shirley will hold one for you. If you have deep shade you would love to have the African hosta, it is really neat Plant. Barbra

o

Barbra, I just looked up the African hosta and see that it will grow here so...okay if you insist! :-]

o

Shirley, I promise you will love it, the secret is that it has to be in deep shade, it is a conversation plant. I am so happy you will get one. I Can't wait to meet everyone. I always seem to miss the swap date for
the past two years. I alredy used 40 lbs of dirt, and need to get another bag tomorrow. Barbra

o

Barbra, it will be good to see you again. I am planning on bringing some flower seeds for your "dessicated" bed. Are there any in particular that you are looking for?

Tonya

o

Time for true confessions (of a busy gardener).I have several brugs that have been very graciously given to me at swaps that I have not been able to get to bloom. I'm sure I would just need to baby them a bit more, feed them more often, etc., but I really don't have time right now to give them that attention so I will be offering them up to good homes (no interview needed!) I will probably try brugs again when we move to Blanco in a few years and I have space to put them in the ground, but for the time being, I am really not doing them justice. So I have a pink one that Barbra gave to me, a yellow one from Kathy, a peach (maybe from Barbra also?) and maybe one more. I will have to look. They are in pretty good sized pots and a couple are pretty tall. Since they are so big, I may not bring them if they are not spoken for ahead of time, so let me know!

I am also adding to my list:
a red and white striped amaryllis (hasn't bloomed for me either) and a few other amaryllis that I grew from seed.
a root beer plant
Walker's Low Nepeta (can dig if requested)

I am interested in cuttings of some things if anyone has any to offer.

Tonya

o

Adding

Asparagus Fern - Springeri, need to divide this soon so I'll go ahead and have it for the swap.

o
RE: HAVE: Joey - Houseplant request

Joey - I just saw your houseplant request and posted a note there about bringing Areca Palm to the swap. Do you want Airplane/Spider Plants? I have plenty of those in both green and variegated.

--Shirley

o

Tonya, I am interested in the red and white amaryllis, I can bring you a blood banana, they don't bloom but they are beautiful in a flowerbed. They only get about 5 ft tall. Yes, I did give you the peach brugmansia, they will not bloom until next month, its too hot right now. Throw some epsom salt on it, and watch it bloom. Barbra

o

Hi Barbra,

Gotcha down for the amaryllis. What amount of epsom salt do you suggest per plant? I can sure give them until October! Let me think if I have a good place to put a banana. If not, don't worry, the amaryllis is still yours :)

Tonya

o

Tonya, I will go down this weekend, I will post what I have when I get back in 2 or 3 weeks. I think you would like the sky flower, it gets about 5 ft tall, and blooms almost all year. Mine did not freeze in San Antonio, but I had about 3 inches of mulch on it. I bet I will have something that you will want. Barbra

o

Tonya ~ I would like some of the Walker's Low Nepeta.

Kathy

o

Thanks Barbra, I actually have three different colors of sky flowers, if you are referring to duranta, and I do love them. My tallest one is putting on quite a show right now. I'm sure you will have something I'd like! Keep me in mind for cuttings, too.

Kathy, gotcha down for the Walker's Low. I think you will like it. Very low maintenance :)

Tonya

o

Ok, Tonya, now you have my interest. I thought there were only 2 colors, purple and white. What is the 3rd color? I hope it red or Coral, and where did you get it? Barbra

o

Cool! I would love an areca palm and some spider plants.Still trying to look at what I have

o

Well Barbra, I guess I use the word "colors" loosely. One is dark purple with white around the edge of the petals, another is light purple and I have forgotten what I was told the third one is that I received at a swap that hasn't bloomed yet. So I may actually only have two "colors" now that I think about it. I have not seen any red or coral ones. Sorry to disappoint you! Tonya

o

Barbra, I'm putting you down for the red/black elephant ears. Not sure which ones are Green jack's giants. When I looked up the name on line the photo looked like what I call the 'regular' EEs. I can bring some of those if this is what you want.

It's only about a month untill the swap. We'd like to hear from the rest of the swappers and especially any new comers. For them, and others, I'll be bringing several plants not spoken for and they will be up for grabs. So come on down :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Green jack's giant EE?

o

I asked for nepeta as I want to try it under the roses like this person does.

Here is a link that might be useful: nepeta and roses

o

As usual, I don't have much to trade; most of my plants are still babies. I'm still looking for:

- agapanthus (lily of the nile)
- society garlic
- crinum
- anything that will grow in shade

I can offer:
- unknown volunteer palm (?) (pulled from garden and potted)
- 2 "hardy red hibiscus" rescued from Lowe's
- lots of plastic nursery pots, from 4" to 1gal

I can also bring cuttings of any of the following:

perennials:
purple fall aster
mexican oregano
various perennial salvias (pink or red)
purple trailing lantana
upright rosemary
purple wandering jew
asparagus fern

roses:
old blush (china)
mme. antoine mari (tea)
excellenz von schubert (poly)
mme. alfred carriere (nois., vigorous climber)
champney's pink cluster (nois.)
souv. de la malmaison (bourbon)
archduke charles (china)
duchesse de brabant (tea)

shrubs:
glossy abelia
texas cenizo sage (barometer plant)
regular green pittosporum
yaupon holly
dwarf burford holly
boxwood
viburnum suspensum
red tip photinia (healthy)
purple rose of sharon

vines:
english ivy
virgina creeper
pink (fall-blooming) trumpet vine (supposedly less invasive)

o

Kathy, I hadn't seen the pictures you linked above, but been thinking about the Nepeta Tonya offered and clicked on this morning to ask for it.

So TONYA, if you have enough I'd like a start of WALKER'S LOW NEPETA also.

o

Kathy, those rose and nepeta pictures really are pretty. I may have to try that. And yes, Ragna, I can bring you some, too. I will tell you ladies that my Walker's Low doesn't seem to mound like other pics I have seen. It's probably 12" high at the most and spreads out quite a bit. It is in direct sun, so maybe it's growth habit would be different in some shade.

o

Joey - I'll bring the Areca and the Spider plants for you

Meredith - I would like Mexican Oregano

--Shirley

o

Meredith

I have an agapanthus Very dark blue
as it gets a tad cooler, I will divide it and bring you one.

Garlic chives

crinum

o

Ok...I got a list now so this is how it goes:

Zexmenia plants
Native yucca's (not spanish dagger)
Datura Inoxia seeds
Echinopsis pups(might have them rooted)
Mexican bird of paradise seeds
2 desert rose's 4inch pots
more to come.....

o

Joey, I would love a Desert Rose!

--Shirley

o

Ok Shirley...I'm gonna set one aside for you. Do you still have a boston fern or are they spoken for??

o

The Boston Fern is yours Joey. So glad you asked because I had already put it with your stuff anyway!

I have two, I can give you both if no one else asks. They grow so fast that I have to divide mine every fall and I hate to throw them out.

o

Hello All. Although I really want to come to the swap, I really don't need more plants. I have hundreds and hundreds that I'll need to put in the greenhouse as soon as it cools off. So, I really would like to trade for non-plant items unless there's something I really want, like a great daylily or other perennial. I'm interested in non-plastic pots (unless it's a nice ornamental plastic), garden junk (which can include almost anything), fertilizers, potting soil, statues (even broken ones), bird baths, rocks, driftwood, cute gardenening t-shirts or other clothing, etc....I'm open...tempt me.

Is there anyone who would be open to this ? Do you have anything at home you just don't want anymore ? Of course, I know it depends on what I might have to trade, but no one has ever had a problem finding a plant (or 10) on my list that they want.

So, before I set out to make a list of what I can bring, I would like to know if I have any potential swappers who might be interested. If not, I may just sit it out this year.

If anyone needs plastic pots of all sizes, please let me know. I have been consolidating my stock and I have wayyy too many.

Would appreciate it if you could email me directly for any correspondence, as I will get to that sooner than viewing in GardenWeb.

Thanks so much !
patty

o

Hey Patty. If your interested I could make some container soil and I'm usually finding twisted roots from land clearings in the area.

Also to Patty as well as everyone else...I have a large amounts of crocks for the bottom of pots. They're from one of those mexican ones that always seems to fall apart

o

I will also have several small pots of:

LEMON YELLOW ROSEMALLOW, HIBISCUS CALYPHYLLUS

JUJUBE, LIN VARIETY

Plus some other plants that just need a good home. No trade required.

o
RE: Mutabilis?

Does anyone have a Mutabilis rose bush from which to bring cuttings?

And/or Souv. de St. Anne?

o
RE: HAVE: Mutabilis cuttings have been offered...

Mutabilis cuttings have been offered :-)

Still looking for Souv. de St. Anne and David Austin roses (English roses) that are out of patent. I have Heritage and a few other Austins already.

o

Can dig if anyone wants it:

MANFREDA, Texas native, in sun it has the pretty spotted leaves

o

meriberi, I have some society garlic although I'm not sure if I'm coming yet. No you know how I could start a baby plant for you off the one I have? (Is that possible? I'm new to this.) I'm interested in your roses.

o
Lil Tomato -- follow up for society garlic

Hi Lil Tomato -- tried to send you a personal email but you aren't set up to receive email here through GardenWeb. Hope you read this in time....
Society garlic are rhizomes and all you need to do to share with someone else is dig up a rhizomes. You can't make a cutting to make a baby plant. They also will start from seed, but it's easier to dig up a rhizome. If you have any other questions, please feel free to email me about this or anything else, including this swap. If you click on "My Page" next to my name, it will take you to a place you can email me through GardenWeb.

Hope you can make it to the swap.

Patty

o
Etiquette for Plant Swap

Hello All ! Just a few reminders that will help us all have a nicer swap experience. After 10 years of hostessing and attending these swaps I've learned a lot from others. This is especially helpful to newbies who have told me often that they were confused with the way things were done at the swap. Hopefully, this will help them a little.

When you arrive, please seek out the hostess if we don't greet you first. Especially if you haven't been before. Any of us will help you with any questions you might have. Get a name tag, sign up for door prizes, and if we have one, sign the list for future notifications of swaps.

Don't forget to bring a sack lunch. We'll need sustenance for continued swapping !

We will have door prizes. If you'd like to donate to our stash, please bring a new or gently used gardening item. We usually include things like fertilizer, gloves, tools, outdoor decorations, books, etc.

Garden Junk and Garden Art is also welcome for trading. Hoses, trellises, rusty buckets, signs, you name it ! We've had people bring homemade soap, mosaic pots, and other great items.

We welcome donations to help pay for the rental of the pavilion. Although it is voluntary, please consider that you're leaving the swap with plants that would have cost so much more at a nursery. A few dollars in the jar will go far to help us rent this nice pavilion for the next swap.

You may consider bringing cardboard boxes to haul home your booty. You may end up taking home more than you bring, and it's not always easy to get it all back in your car. Packing in boxes will allow you to stack them and keep your plants safe.

Bring something to use for labeling the plants you receive. Old window blinds are excellent for this purpose ! They last forever and they're kept out of landfills.

On that note, please label your plants for others. It saves a lot of time at the swap. You don't have to tell everyone what each plant is, since they already have names on them.

Another helpful hint, which takes more time, but is great to have: consider putting a notebook together of your plants. Add pictures and descriptions of each plant you bring. Over time, you can add to it as you accumulate different types of plants. This also saves time at the swap. Others can view your notebook to see what a certain plant will look like.

While swapping, please don't take plants off other's tables without asking. They may be across the room promising that same plant to someone else. Please find the owner and ask permission. Everyone's different, of course, and may bid you take whatever you like. But it's good to err on the side of caution, and ask anyway. It's a good idea for all of us to put our name on our table so that everyone knows who to find when they see a plant they'd like.

Plants under the tables are not for swapping. This is where we place the plants we're taking home.

Some plants are special or rare and the swapper may want something special in return. This is understandable. On the other hand, some of us don't always need something in return. Please consider everyone's feelings while swapping.

Last but not least, have a good time. Make new friends ! I've met really great folks at the swaps and we're still swapping 10 years later !!

If you can't make the San Antonio swap, consider the swap just up the road in Buda.

patty

o

I posted above on Sept 5, but I am not getting many takers for this idea: requesting non-plant items in a swap. I was finally able to get a list together of what I have and hope that this might get some of you to start thinking of what you might have to trade. :-) I hope to hear from more of you.

Bulbs of large pink rain lily
seedling white rain lilies
cannas
datura if you'd like to over winter it
pride of barbados
fruit cocktail shrimp plant
chile pequin
roses
jade plant
cissus quadrangularis
angelwing begonia
regular begonia
different sanseverias
love leaf kalanchoe
bryophyllum kalanchoe
kalanchoe jingle bells
K. donkey ears
crag lily echeandia texensis
avocado plants
tallow tree
large elephant ears
crinums
salvia coccineas red/white/dreamsicle
vicks plant plectranthus
aloe vera
rosary vine
epiphyllum / night blooming cereus
aristilochia
clitoria vine if you have a place to over winter
moonflower vine " " " " " "
air potato vine / dioscorea bulbifera
chasmanthium latifolium / sea oats grass
clivia
billbergia
artillery fern
ruella squarrosa
maybe Katie ruellia
night blooming jasmine
vinca
Christmas cactus
pothos ivy
orchid tree
coral bean
ghost plant succulent
coleus
what looks like a pencil cactus
sedums
spider plants
purple heart tradescantia

If you're interested in anything, please email me directly. Thanks a lot !

patty

o

Does any one have a purple New Orleans weeping crepe myrtle?
If so I would like a few cuttings.

Kathy

o

WANTED: Passiflora caerulea, (Blue crown passion flower)

Here is a link that might be useful: Passiflora caerulea

o

HAVE: Constance Eliot passion vine

white passion flower

Let me know if you want a plant/vine.

o

Hi y'all -
Just checked back in here and saw there's a whole lotta swapping goin' on! I emailed those of you who have that option enabled; for the others, I hope you see this post:

Shirley: I'll bring you some mex. oregano cuttings. I'm interested in your silver ponyfoot and bluebonnet seeds if you still have those.

Tonya: What kind of cuttings are you looking for? I've listed the mature plants I have above; let me know if you want cuttings of any of those. I'm interested in some Walker's Low Nepeta, but I know several have already spoken for it.

Kathy: Thanks for the agapanthus, chives, and crinum! What can I bring you in exchange?

lil_tomato: Did you see Patty's post about dividing the society garlic? If you think you have a rhizome to share, that would be cool :) I will bring the rose cuttings for you - any in particular you'd like?

Looking forward to it!
- Meredith

o

Meri, you don't need to bring me anything.

I am mostly going for the socialization...is that a word?

o

Hi all,

My husband and I (and maybe a couple friends) will be there. This is our first time at San Antonio swap but not our first swap. We are very excited to meet everyone. Here is what we have so far:

-Elephant ears variegated
-Crepe myrtles volunteer, pink
-Sedum
-Dianthus
-Angel trumpet gold
-Lotus seedling pink,white,red
-Umbrella palm water plant
-Spider plants
-Ground cover
-Ornamental peppers
-Zinnia
-Rice plants

Edible
-Lemon grass
-Watercrest
-Rau ram herb
-Water spinach
-Longan fruit seedling

I can bring cuttings if requested for these plants:
-Passion vine red
-Dutman's pipe vine
-Gourmet popcorn rose
-Don juan rose
-Belinda dream rose
-Montezuma rose
-Ambassador rose
-Blue girl rose
-Proudland rose
-Gold glow rose

WANTS: Not sure. But I'm easy, tempt me :).

Plantmaven, your white passion vine is beautiful. Can I have one? (or 2 if possible). Thank you.

Tia

o

Tia, you certainly may have the white passion vine. I will see how many I can find.

I am so excited you will be joing us.

As you drive in the gate pavillion # 1 is the one you will be looking at.

You will be able to back into a parking space to unload.

Kathy

o

Hi Meredith, I'll be glad to bring you some Walker's Low. May I have a cutting or two of Archduke Charles?

Hi Tia,I am interested in a cutting or two of Belinda's Dream. Do you see anything on my list that interests you?

Tonya

o

Kathy, thank you for the passion vine. If you don't see anything on my trade list, I might have some books and crafts,

Tonya, you can have as many cuttings as you want. If your amaryllis is still available I'd like to have one. Thanks

Tia

o

Tia (is that your name or "thanks in advance" -- either way is nice :-) we're looking forward to meeting you, your husband and friends. You have a lot of interesting plants. Tell me about the varigated EE. I might like to trade for that.

Also does anyone have Dalea greggii to trade? I've grown it and would like to get it going again.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dalea greggii

o

Tia, my red and white amaryllis is claimed but I have some others that I started from mixed seed. They are smaller and I don't know the color, but you can sure have one!

Tonya

o

Meredith - I have the Silver Ponyfoot for you, but the Bluebonnet seeds are taken. I will try to get a lot more next year.

Tia, welcome and look forward to meeting you.

o

Tonya,
I will bring you a handful of Archduke Charles cuttings. Roselee gave me some tips on how to take them (take cuttings from a stem that has recently bloomed, that way you know you get a blooming bush and they are what they call semi-hard cutting. Cut them the night before and put them in the fridge in an HEB bag) - let me know if you want them a different way.

Thanks for the Walker's Low!
- Meredith

o

Tonya, anything will do. Like always, I promise my DH not to bring anything back. But I'm weak!!lol

Roselee, didnt know my name is so cool :). Is that what you youngsters speak these day? I don't speak "text" that much lol. Anyway, all I can tell you about the EE is that
"it's yours"!!!

o

Meridith, I have some bluebonnet seeds I can bring for you if you still need them. Other seeds if anyone would like some:
Purple Leatherflower, Clematis pitcheri
Basketflower, Centaurea americana
Damianita, Chrysactina mexican
Barbara's Buttons, Marshallia caespitosa
Mexican Buckeye, Ungnadia speciosa
I'm going to look at my plants tomorrow to see what I could bring. Oh...Ragna, do you still need the Passiflora caerulea...I have one I forgot was there in a pot and it's a bit neglected, but it's staring to recover.

o

Linda ~
I would like some of the
Purple Leatherflower, Clematis pitcheri seeds.

I can't think of anything I have that we have not all ready traded .
But if you think of something ask, I might have it.

Kathy

o

Meredith, your "cuttings system" sounds fine to me. I will definatley be picking Roselee's (Ragna's) brain on how best to get those to root.

Linda, would love some of the following seeds:
Purple Leatherflower, Clematis pitcheri
Mexican Buckeye, Ungnadia speciosa

Tonya

o

Tia -- yes, you have gratefulness embedded in your name :-) Incidentally, this 'youngster' has to decipher these things when my grandkids write to me ... LOL. So TIA for the varigated EE! What on my list I can sneak to you? I've got something in mind already, a surprise. (We won't tell your hubby.)

Linda -- YES on the Passiflora caerulea. TIA :-)

WANTED: LADY HILLINGDON ROSE CUTTINGS if anybody has this rose.

I'm no expert on rooting roses, but the zip lock baggie method has been working well for me. The old teas, chinas, and polyanthas seem pretty easy to root.

o

I have 5 dark blue agapanthus. Let me know if you want one.

Agapanthus 7-1-09

o

The native abutilon is absolutely stunning.
It is almost up to the gutters and has tons of blooms the hummers love it.

I have a lot of seeds.

Here is a link that might be useful: Indian Mallow

o

Hello there Kathy. I was wondering if I could have one of those agapanthus? Take a look at my list and see if there is anything you'd like. I'm probably going to add more soon.

o

Ok, Joe, I have you down for the agapanthus (storm cloud). I am trying not to bring any more plants home.
But thanks anyway.

o

Here's a "how-to" link for rooting roses:

Here is a link that might be useful: Zip lock baggie method for rooting roses ...

o

Okay, been busy digging, but those who wanted seeds, I marked you down. These are plants that need homes...I don't need anything in return. I'll be doing good this fall to get the get all the plants I have to move replanted!
1 Flame Acanthus
1 Corona de Cristo, Passiflora foetida var. gossypifolia
1 Tahitian Bridal Veil
1 Missouri violet, very small
1 White Mistflower, Eupatorium havanense
And my big pot of Sweet Violet is overgrown and needs thinning out...if anyone wants a start of it.

o

I'm new here so bare with me please. Was sent here from Dave's. I would like to participate if possible. I have loads of stuff. I will post what I can remember below and see what happens.
Maximillian Sunflower Helianthus maximilianii seeds
2 Turk's Cap Malvaviscus arboreus I can dig up
lots Northern Sea Oats Chasmanthium latifoliumI can dig up
lots of Rough Horsetail Equisetum hyemale I can dig up
lots of Sharp-pod Morning-glory Ipomoea cordatotriloba seeds
I can divide some Yellow Flag Iris pseudacorus
lots of White Horsenettle Solanum elaeagnifolium I can dig up
I have all sizes of black plastic planters from small to great big.
I have plant markers

and probably lots more.

o

I just read that someone wants stuff besides plants. I have LOADS of that kind of stuff. check out my links.

http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q53/renateed/for sale or trade/

And for wants... just about anything that deer don't like much plus I'm pretty open for stuff as long as I know what to do with it.

o

Welcome Renatelynne!!! We're looking forward to having you join our swap. Now I'm off to check out your plants on google :-)

o
for Renatelynn

hi Renatelynn --
was going to email you but your account isn't set up for that, so I hope you see this.

I'm the one looking for non-plant items. We should talk. :-) can you email me directly and let's get a swap going ! I hope you find some things on my list which you would like. Please see the list above.

Do you have anything in particular you're looking for ? I have other things that aren't listed.

patty

o

ok I emailed you this afternoon (or at least I tried) but I guess it didn't work. I just signed up today so I haven't got everything set up yet. Give me a day or two to get all the new stuff ironed out.

I like plants deer don't eat or that I can display on my deck. If you mean not a plant.. I have a huge list on craigslist in the trading forum. I love trading. Get rid of something I'm not using and get something I can use. I have my brothers, grandads and moms stuff, so if I haven't gotten rid of it yet I usually have two of everything. I had 6 lawn spreaders *g. I'm down to two, (a big one and a handheld) and my grass yard is only about 20x20

Here is a link that might be useful: my stuff at craigslist

o

How cool! renatelynn, what took you so long to get back to plant swaps? Will be happy to see you again!

o

I had knee surgery Feb 08. Got MRSA. Was in bed 8m in a wheelchair 18m. 8 total surgeries and now learning to walk again still. I still use a wheelchair for places I might have to stand or walk for a while. I was just to sick or too tired to do much about plants.

o

Welcome renatalynne. I look forward to meeting you at the swap. If you want to bring your wheelchair, the building we are using is accessible with HC parking next to the door. We help everyone unload too.

Shirley

o

I have a friend who would like to come with me to the swap but she has no plants to trade. Is anyone interested in trading for some horse poop ? That she has in abundance !

I will also accept any pots that you'd like to recycle. Let's keep them out of the landfills !

patty

o

Horse Dookey right here! I need some to start alot of compost piles. Also I'd like to do some sheet composting too. Ask her if she'd like anything from my list!

o

Me! I'll trade for horse poop. Just let me know what plants she's like to trade for.

o

I could probably use a small bag to put in my composter to help jump start it.

o

Shirley, if you still have one of the BOSTON FERN's left I would like to trade with you for it.

o
Roselee, Renate and Joey

Okay, you three.... I've emailed to let her know that you DO want the DOO. I need to get her set up on GardenWeb to see what you're offering in return then you guys can work it all out. She's at a new job so give us some time to get back to you.

thanks,
patty

o

Roselee - I do have a Boston Fern for you.

If anyone else wants one let me know and I'll just divide them off the main plant. It's easier for me to manage over the winter and better for the plant.

--Shirley

o

How well would it handle outside in the winter or is it one I would have to put in the cold frame?

o

Well, I just got back from Rockport today, I was gone for 3 weeks. When I got there, I started cuttings, from my bleeding heart, and from a few other plants. I will check next week to see if I have had any luck. They still look green so I hope they took. I will bring them to the swap.
I have so far for sure in pots:
Esparanza " yellow Bells"
Duranta " Sweet Memories"- Kathy I have you down for 1
Tropicanna Canna- holidng one for Shirely and Roselle
giant red leaf crinum
whiute salvia
afriacn hosta
yellow mexican bird of paradise
rooting are 1 yellow plumeria- from Hawaii
rooting- red and pink bleeding heart
rooting- red and white bleeding heart

o

Kathy please hold me a white constance passion vine, I love it. Barbra

o

Honeybunny2, I'm interested in your giant red leaf crinum. Please check out my list, let me know if anything I can trade you. Thank you.

Tia

o

Tia, I would be interested in the variegated elephant ears, and the dutchman pipe if it is the giant one, I already have the small one. Barbra

o

Barbra, the ee is yours. I'm not sure if the Dutchman pipe is the giant one but the flower is 8 inches long. I'm trying to root it on cuttings but not sure if it's working. If you can do it I'm happy to bring you a bunch of cuttings.

Tia

o

Tia, that is the big one, that I am looking for. Please bring me one. If you want the small one I can bring you one the small one has a green and white leaf, with a small green pipe on the vine. I bought it from Schumachers in New Braunfels Tx. I am not good at rooting stuff, I am learning myself. I will check next week to see how well I did. I put my cutting right in the ground next to the mother plant. Barbra

o

Hi everyone I WANT I WANT!!! I see so many plants! so many traders GREAT! I would love to have if at all possible: white passion vine cuttings or plant, red passion vine, variegated ee, if any available, the giant dutchman pipe cuting or plant.the yellow plumeria cutting, the bleeding hearts, I HAVE purple passion vine, 1 dble white rose of sharon, small adenium color? small seedlings of Texas mountain Laurel, variegated century plant, some thornless cactus,seeds for various flowers. some hard back books on dried flowers.2 or 3 monthly planner for 2011.some permanent markers. odds and ends that I will bring to the swap, I realize its not much ,. Does anyone wants a puppy? small dog he is a mutt.If anyone interested I will bring him/her with me.Will come back and check how this is going later in the week.Thanks everyone. Marcie

o

Barbra, I bought mine last year at Nelson water garden in Katy. We had an unusual cold winter last year in Houston and it died to the ground but came back strongly. Although I saw only 4 flowers so far, they were beautiful. On my have list I only offer cuttings as I don't have any extra plants (yet). I'm trying to root them. I placed each cutting in the wet foam and bury them in a pot filled with perlite. It's been 10 days and I haven't seen any new growth yet but the cuttings are still very green and fresh. There is hope :).

Tia

o

White passion vine for Marcie. check

Kathy

o

Tia, I understand you posted just a cutting, I know that it will be a shot in the dark, but I am willing to take it. I have only cuttings of the bleeding hearts, and I will not know for sure until next weekend if they took, but I posted them anyway. I also have datura double yellow and double purple and white to offer, I unloaded them and forgot to put on my list. Tia would you like one of each. They love either full sun or partial sun. I will also try and bring a blood banana, I saw a pup come up this last week, and will try and dig it up next weekend, it was too wet to do anything last week, with all the flooding. Prince Albert, I am brining you a ROOTED double brugmanansia. I hope you like yellow its " Angels Swingtime"
Marcie if the bleeding heart cuttings take, I will put you down for one. They still were green when I left, I put them in the ground 3 weeks ago. Barbra

o

Gee, I don't know what happened, I posted a diffrent message, so here goes again.

Kathy did you save a white passion vine for me? You did not post when I asked for one?

Marcie, I will hold the cutting of the yellow plumeria for you, I just took the cutting yesterday.

o

Barbra, I LOVE datura and brugs and yes I would like to have them. Thank you.

Marcie, I'll bring you EE, cutting of Dutchman's pipe, red passion vine.

Tia

o

Barb, I have you down for the white passion vine.

o

Tonya, If you still have Blue Chiquita Salvia, I would love some.

I going to take a guess here that Ragna/Roseless will want that one too.

o
RE: Oops, sorry

Roseless? How did I post that? Certainly not "Roseless" by any means.

o

Tia, do you have any more of the red passion vine? If so I would like one. I was not going to bring any brugmansia, except one for Prince Albert, it was left over from my spring cuttings that I won on Ebay. I should have doubles next year, I lost all my doubles, from the Dec freeze, and had to start over this spring with cuttings. I can take a cutting from Xena, when we go down this weekend, and I can show you how to root it at the swap. If you want rooted plants, Tonya is getting rid of her peach and yellow brugmansia at the swap. Barbra

o

Shirley, 'Roseless' made me laugh so much I almost choked on my salad. Especially since I've ordered four more roses that will be coming in next week!

And you're right about "Blue Chiquita" !!!! I didn't even know what that was. So Tonya I'd love to have a rooted plant if you have one, and some cuttings that I could try to root as well. Is it a fall bloomer, or does it bloom earlier in the summer also?

Also would like to ask you to dig some Lyrata "purple knockout". What else can I bring for you?

Thank you!

o

Tonya, if you have extra purple knockout, could you bring some for me? I love anything purple. I will go to Lowes on tuesday, to see if they have anything marked down that I can bring to the swap. Sometimes they have such great deals. I have not been there in such a long time, they probably think I died. Barbra

o

Barbra, I will bring you red passion vine cuttings. I might be able to give you the rooted cuttings, i'll wait to see if they take.

Edible bog plants, water plants, anyone?!? I'm not taking them back home again. :)

Tia

o

I finally had time to read the above threads, and just wanted to tell Renatelynne, that I know exactly how she feels. I had a total knee replacement on 6-1-09, I had totally lost my interest in plants. They were dying because I could not water, in those hot 100 degree days, and I did not even care. I just wanted you to know that when you start to feel better, your green thumb returns. Maybe you do not feel like planting stuff right now, but we have another swap in April, and by then you should feel much better. I can't wait to meet you on Oct 9th, and see everyone else. Barbra

o

Hello again everybody!
Shirley and Ragna, yes "Chiquita" is blooming right now. I will see what rooted plants I still have and bring either a rooted plant or cutting of her to each of you. If the cuttings don't take I can give you as many baby plants as you want in the spring. She is VERY productive, kind of like "Lady in Red"! I was pulling up babies for a couple of weeks!

Ragna and Barbra, gotcha down for some purple knockout.

For those of you that asked for Walker's Low. I thought the large mass I had was coming up from roots, but appears to be just long "branches" so I have quite a few cuttings in water trying to root those before the swap. I will bring those, hopefully with some roots already on them! If they have enough roots to pot up by then, I will try to put them in pots.

Love this cooler weather BTW!

Tonya

o

Have: Red Flowering Yucca, which is actually an Agave according to the online info. Grows fast, flowers every spring, common in commercial landscapes.

o

Thanks Tonya. The S. Chiquita is blooming beautifully at ARE right now.

o

I will be putting up my list of haves next tuesday 5 Oct.
I know that is short fused but maybe somebody may want some of them. The reason for the short fuse is I will be out of town.

honeybunny, I am honored with the Brug.

Everyone feel free to look at my photobucket a lot of the items I'm bringing are there.
http://s628.photobucket.com/albums/uu5/1prince-albert/

pa

o

Albert~ I would love a cutting of a white brug and another of the pink.

I don't have much to trade this time. But the dark blue agapanthus is very pretty. If you want a start of that let me know.

Kathy aka plantmaven

o

Kathy, I would love to have one of the dark blue agapanthus. I have a large root beer plant, tall pink mexican petunias, pink coneflowers, up for grabs. Barbra

o

Sure Barb. But I don't want anything.

o

Princealbert, Can I have some cuttings of the big white brug that you took picture with? Let me know what I can get for you in return. Thank you very much.

Tia

o

Tia (waterjasmin),
you certainly may. I will cut them the night before. I'll also look and see if I have any rooted cuttings.

Kathy aka plantmaven,
I'll bring a bucket of the white ones and a couple of pinks too. I may even cut a couple of stray branches off the varigated one.
It'a almost time to cut the white one back to put up the temp greenhouse. It has not had but 1 flush this year. I believe because of the hot wx.
pa

o

Patty, I'd like to have your crinums and cannas, if they are still available. I will bring you some crafts that I made. Thank you.

Patty said: "Plants under the tables are not for swapping. This is where we place the plants we're taking home." But there is no rule about secretly putting plants under ppl's table hahaha. Just a thought. I'm suppose to go home with less than what I brought.

Tia

o

Does anyone want RED CANNAS. I can dig a few. They are about 4 ft all and their flowers are smallish, but bright red and if watered and fertilized each plant will have 5 to 6 blooms stalks one after the other. They are my favorites.

Barbra, I'd like to "grab" some PINK CONEFLOWERS!

PA, your pictures are wonderful! You'll have lots of visitors to your table :-)

Looking forward to seeing all of you!

o

Here are my promised items. If I forgot anyone, please let me know.

Barb Fox
white passi
phlox
agapanthus

Ragna
reve d'o cuttings
white passi

Meredith
garlic chives
crinum
agapanthus

Patty
agapanthus

Joey
agapanthus

Marcie
white passi

Waterjassimine
white passi

o

Barbra, if you have any pink coneflowers left, would love one!

Prince Albert, what is that frilly peach hibiscus in your photobucket that has a dark center and a frilly stamen? Would love a cutting of that, if possible. Is there anything on my list that interests you?

I hope to add a couple of things to my list when I have a chance to see what I have out there!

Tonya

o

I have lots of seeds on the MALABAR SPINACH and PENTAPETE (which is still putting on a nice show) but I don't know if they will be ripe by trade time.

So if you want seeds to these bring a self addressed envelope and I'll mail them to you.

o

Roselee, and Tonya, I have both of you down for pink coneflower. I also have to offer blue plumbego, one or two variegated ginger, and yellow butterfly weed. I can also bring cuttings from my Flores Street Eater Rose, I grew from stolen cuttings from the actual plant on Flores Street. This is suppost to be the first rose in the state of Texas. It is cream color, and has beautiful blooms, easy to root. I got the cuttings for a lady that lives in Dallas, I had to mail her the cuttings, but my husband stuck some in a pot on the back porch and they took. I will also bring some plants I bought from Schumachers many years ago, and forgot to write down the names of( I am sure Patty will be able to tell me when I get there. Barbra

o

Roselee, I would like a chocolate plant and also fruit cocktail shrimp plant, if they are still available.

Meredith you put down that you wanted anything that grows in the shade. I have a large Rootbeer plant, that is beautiful, and loves the shade. It grows large, has the tropical look, and when in bloom, smells just like rootbeer, would you want me to add that to your list? Barbra

o

Barb, I was thinking that Flores St. rose just recently.

o

Kathy do you remember how I almost got arrested, getting those cuttings for that gal in Dallas? I still can't belive I did that. The thread asked for anyone in San Antonio area, begging them to take cutting from the rose, because it was going to be destroyed, by construction the next week. I went down after work, started cutting from the sidewalk. The owner came out and asked me what I was doing?I think I almost fainted. The lady from Dallas drove down, but had an emergency. She had to leave before I got off work, so she never got all those cuttings. I never wanted the Rose, I was just trying to help. That was the day I became a Rose Rustler.
The owner of the Rose Emporium, worked where I did, and he really wanted that rose, but I never got back with him. Barbra

o

nbtonya,
Yes it is if you are talking about the poodle tail one.
I got it at walmart, and saw them at Lowes too.
I will whack off a cutting the day before the meet and mark it for you.

honeybunny,
So you are another one of those plant rescuers.
I carry clippers and an army shovel around in case I run across something that needs rescueing. LOL
I may call you tomorrow evening, but don't be upset if I don't I may be too tired. There is lots of grass to mow down there in ap.
pa

o

Barb, I do remember that. But I did not realize you were the one involved. That's ok, you are not the first criminal I have known.
Diane got arrested once for using a curse word in public.

Long BS story. LOL!

o

Gosh Kathy, Maybe its not such a good idea to bring Gary. He could end up in prison. He just walked out in a suit, and told me to watch the news at noon, he would probaly be on. I never knew there was a law against cursing in public! No, its something to do with the SA Airport security, and SAC. Barbra

o

Here's the requests I have so far, please let me know if I missed anyone

Joey - Areca Palm, Boston Fern
Ragna - Boston Fern, Creeping Jenny
Marcie - Creeping Fig, Angel Wing Begonia (These are from the last swap)
Barb - Angel Wing Begonia

Shirley

o
RE: HAVE: Adding

Joey - I also have Spider plants, Green and Variegated, for you.

o

Here is the list that I have, please let me know if I have forgotten anyone.

Kathy- Duranta" Sweet Memories
Roselee- Tropicanna Canna
Pink Coneflower
Tonya - Pink Coneflower
Marcie -Yellow Plumeria cutting
Bleeding heart cutting, that may be rooted
Price Albert- Double Brug small plant
Shirley - Tropicana Canna
African Hosta
Meredith - Red Leaf crinium
African Hosta
Bleeding heart cutting, that may be rooted
May want large rootbeer plant
Tia - Red Leaf crinium
- rooted yellow double/triple datura
- rooted purple and white double/triple datura

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here