Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
yadda_gw

WANTED: Fort Bend County Fall Swap Oct. 28, 2006

Yadda
17 years ago

Hi Everyone! Get your seeds and cuttings started, I have scheduled the Fort Bend County Fall Swap. The date is October 28. The time is 9 to 1 (or later if lots of people show up). The place is Community Park in Missouri City. The place is the pavailion near Latern Lane Elementary school.

There will be a pot luck luncheon. Everyone is invited to participate in the lucheon. Bring something you like that way you know you will get something to eat. I will bring some brisket and ice for drinks.

Contact me by e-mail if you have any questions or need directions.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fort Bend County Plant Swap Website

Comments (7)

• debbiedo7
    17 years ago

LOL Fort Bend is to far for me to travel. I'm looking for one in the DFW metroplex (Dallas, Fort Worth)
    Does anyone know of any?

• Yadda
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Deb. Consider coming on down and making a weekend of it. We have people come from Crockett and Edna. Join the fun! Yadda out.

• sylviatexas1
    17 years ago

debbie, we always have an autum swap on a Saturday in November at Trinity Park, across from the Botanic Gardens, in Ft Worth.

It's lots of fun, very congenial, very casual.

Stay tuned for further developments, film at ten!

• lorax
    17 years ago

If you are planning on attending the Ft. Bend County swap, you can let people know you are coming and post have/want lists in the plant swap calendar linked below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ft. Bend County Plant Swap

• carletta_gardener
    17 years ago

I'll be there and will bring tea, a salad of some kind and dessert. Also some plates and forks provided I don't forget them this year. I'll have to post later on what I will have.

• Yadda
    Original Author
    17 years ago

The swap is three weeks away! Get your plants, cuttings, seeds and other gardening items ready to swap and come on down to Missouri City. This is the last swap in Houston for 2006. If you couldn't make the others, didn't know about them or just have more plants than you need you can still make this one. The event is free. Bring a covered dish to participate in the pot luck luncheon. Contact me by e-mail if you have any questions or need directions. Yadda out.

• Yadda
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Just a reminder. The plant swap is this Saturday from 9 to 1. Come early most of the swapping is completed before 11. Here is a list of plants I am bringing. I do not want to take any of these plants home so come get them! Banana plants (two over 6 feet tall), three types of prickly pear cactus. Mock orange plants in three gallon pots. Three full size lantana's that I don't want any more. Purple mums (6 1 gallon pots that are starting to bloom. Black pepper vine (one gallon and 4 inch pots.) Rooted pineapple. Passionflower "incense". (11 pots all with viable roots.). Passiflora foetida (two rooted pots). Mexican petunia (ruellia) three pots. Butterfly weed. (two pots), brugmansia cuttings (white and peach). Rose cuttings (white lady banksia and climbing cecil brunner). Hope to see you there! Yadda out.

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz