Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Fort Bend County Fall Swap Oct. 28, 2006

Posted by yadda 9 TX (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 7, 06 at 23:40

Hi Everyone! Get your seeds and cuttings started, I have scheduled the Fort Bend County Fall Swap. The date is October 28. The time is 9 to 1 (or later if lots of people show up). The place is Community Park in Missouri City. The place is the pavailion near Latern Lane Elementary school.

There will be a pot luck luncheon. Everyone is invited to participate in the lucheon. Bring something you like that way you know you will get something to eat. I will bring some brisket and ice for drinks.

Contact me by e-mail if you have any questions or need directions.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fort Bend County Plant Swap Website

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Fort Bend County Fall Swap Oct. 28, 2006

LOL Fort Bend is to far for me to travel. I'm looking for one in the DFW metroplex (Dallas, Fort Worth)
Does anyone know of any?

o

Hi Deb. Consider coming on down and making a weekend of it. We have people come from Crockett and Edna. Join the fun! Yadda out.

o

debbie, we always have an autum swap on a Saturday in November at Trinity Park, across from the Botanic Gardens, in Ft Worth.

It's lots of fun, very congenial, very casual.

Stay tuned for further developments, film at ten!

o

• Posted by lorax z9/Friendswood (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 31, 06 at 11:52

If you are planning on attending the Ft. Bend County swap, you can let people know you are coming and post have/want lists in the plant swap calendar linked below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ft. Bend County Plant Swap

o

I'll be there and will bring tea, a salad of some kind and dessert. Also some plates and forks provided I don't forget them this year. I'll have to post later on what I will have.

o

The swap is three weeks away! Get your plants, cuttings, seeds and other gardening items ready to swap and come on down to Missouri City. This is the last swap in Houston for 2006. If you couldn't make the others, didn't know about them or just have more plants than you need you can still make this one. The event is free. Bring a covered dish to participate in the pot luck luncheon. Contact me by e-mail if you have any questions or need directions. Yadda out.

o
Saturday this week: Fort Bend County Fall Swap Oct. 28, 2006

Just a reminder. The plant swap is this Saturday from 9 to 1. Come early most of the swapping is completed before 11. Here is a list of plants I am bringing. I do not want to take any of these plants home so come get them! Banana plants (two over 6 feet tall), three types of prickly pear cactus. Mock orange plants in three gallon pots. Three full size lantana's that I don't want any more. Purple mums (6 1 gallon pots that are starting to bloom. Black pepper vine (one gallon and 4 inch pots.) Rooted pineapple. Passionflower "incense". (11 pots all with viable roots.). Passiflora foetida (two rooted pots). Mexican petunia (ruellia) three pots. Butterfly weed. (two pots), brugmansia cuttings (white and peach). Rose cuttings (white lady banksia and climbing cecil brunner). Hope to see you there! Yadda out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Texas are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here