wanted: san antonio txgw swap more exchanges

plantmaven
14 years ago

Start new list here.

Comments (84)

• rock_oak_deer
    14 years ago

lol, I hope I would notice that!

Tonya, I can divide my pepper again, so I'll definitely bring one for you.

• nbtonya
    14 years ago

Thanks Shirley, that would be great.

I also have some cherry tomato seedlings, if anyone is interested.

• plantmaven
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Shirley, I have a crinum for you.

Kathy

• rock_oak_deer
    14 years ago

Thank you Kathy

Shirley

• castro_gardener
    14 years ago

Okay, our revolving plans now have me here the weekend of the swap, so unless something else happens, I plan to be there.

Linda, Kathy, Jolana, Shirley, Tonya -- I have sent you a personal email about the trades that we have been talking about.

patty

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    14 years ago

I'm so glad to hear that Patty is going to 'make the swap' -- in more ways than one :-) but unfortunately I won't be there. And it seems the 'fortune' is my own fault. I wrote down a retreat date wrong and then carefully checked it before getting the permit for the fall swap. Oh well, you can guess the rest of the story. But I got the other three retreat dates right! LOL

Anyway Kathy will be bringing the plants that have been promised and I will get any trade plants the next go round -- or not -- IT DOESN'T REALLY MATTER! Like rest of you I just like to pass along plants to those who want them so don't worry about saving them for me. Go ahead to trade them with someone else. Plus I don't want to load Kathy down in bringing things back, keeping track of them and all that.

So y'all have fun! I'm VERY much looking forward to seeing ALL OF YOU at the spring swap :-)

• linda_tx8
    14 years ago

I just wanted to say that I finally remembered I have a potted pregnant onion if anyone wants it. And this morning I noticed how many bluebonnet seedlings have come up where I don't want them, so I potted up half a dozen...we'll see if they all survive. May get more, too!

• dstartz
    14 years ago

Just reposting my lists from the other page. The items with * are additions to my original list.

Society Garlic (Tulbaghia violacea)
    Stalked Bulbine (Bulbine frutescens)
    Bromeliad
    Butterfly Plant (Clerdendron ugandense)
    Sky Flower, Golden Dew Drop (Duranta repens)
    Sky Flower 'Sapphire Showers' (Duranta erecta 'Sapphire Showers')
    Sky Flower 'Alba' (Duranta erecta 'Sapphire Showers')
    Firespike (Odontonema strictum)
    Firecracker Plant (Russelia equisetiformis)
    Unnamed Pink Brugmansia shoots
    Butterfly Weed 'Silky Gold' (Asclepias curassavica 'Silky Gold')
    Chaste Tree (Vitex agnus-castus)*
    cuttings of:

Hibiscus 'Snow Queen' (Hibiscus rosa-sinensis)
    Japanese Lanterns (Hibiscus schizopetalus)
    Mexican Firebush (Hamelia patens)
    Cigar Plant (Cuphea ignea)
    Petite Pink Oleander*

---------------------------

roselee
    Butterfly Plant (Clerdendron ugandense) => Chocolate Plant

nbtonya
    Hibiscus 'Snow Queen' => Old fashioned pale yellow Bearded Irises
    Japanese Lanterns

Kathy/plantmaven
    Japanese Lanterns (Hibiscus schizopetalus) => small aster plant
    Butterfly Plant (Clerdendron ugandense) => Purple/white datura
    Sky Flower 'Alba' -> Dutchman Pipe Vine

• nbtonya
    14 years ago

dstartz, do you still have a 'sapphire showers' available? If so, I'm interested, please check my lists again and see what I can put aside for you...

Tonya

• dstartz
    14 years ago

Hi Tonya,

I do!

Sky Flower 'Sapphire Showers' (Duranta erecta 'Sapphire Showers') => Datura 'Black Currant Swirl

Thanks,

Donna
    My Trade List

• nbtonya
    14 years ago

Thanks Donna, got you down for the datura.

Tonya

• castro_gardener
    14 years ago

wow, Tonya.

I thought I was up early on GardenWeb and I find you and Kathy were still here before me.

did you see Kathy's post at the top of Texas Gardening about the weather forecast for our day ? Read my reply.

patty

• dstartz
    14 years ago

jolanaweb,

I'd love some of your:

flame acanthus
    redbud (as many as you'd be willing to part with)
    african iris (dietes)

Is there anything on my trade list (5 posts above) that you'd be interested in?

dstartz/Donna

• meriberi
    14 years ago

Hello everyone -
    I've been lurking for the last couple years, silently learning from your wisdom and my own trial-and-error as I clean up the 20yo overgrown landscape around my house. I would love to meet my unwitting mentors in person! ;) I don't have much to offer at the swap, just a bunch of plastic nursery pots (mostly 4" and 2-gallon sizes), and about 100 little orange daylilies of some sort (I think - I only saw a couple buds before the deer ate them). I could dig up some purple "wandering jew" or some of the many succulents (euphorbias? my grandma called them "mouse ears") that grew out of an abandoned houseplant.

Here's the stuff I'm looking for but haven't been able to find yet at the nurseries:
    - cast iron plant
    - sweet autumn clematis
    - passionflower vine
    - crinum
    - ginger

Hope to meet y'all next weekend! Thanks for all your help already -
    Meredith

• plantmaven
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Meredith, come on!
    It doesn't make a difference whether you have plants to trade. It is always nice to have a new victim......er..um swapper.
    So quit lurking!

We all have plenty of things to share and DO NOT want to pack them up and haul them home.

Remember you need to bring your own lunch and or beverage.

Are you in San Antonio?

I have you down for:
    white passion vine
    dancing ginger

Kathy

I forgot about name tags. If you want, you could pick up a couple packages of those stick on name tags, if that would make you feel better.

• jolanaweb
    14 years ago

Okay Patty I read your post on discussions about your dream, too funny

I sent emails thinking I was posting on here, LOL

I have cast iron plant I'm bringing it in a hefty but it will be fine, okay?

Incense passion vine
    Sweet Autumn Clematis, potted up after gopher attack but coming back, want it?

Donna - dietes
    Redbud - I've only seen one but will look for more
    Flame Acanthus

Donna, I would love the Fire Spike and a Butterfly plant if you have plenty
    Thank you

• meriberi
    14 years ago

Wow, thanks, y'all! You're very generous :) I will bring my lunch, stick-on nametags, and some money for the pavilion rental (I think I saw that suggested somewhere on here).

Can't wait! :)
    - Meredith

p.s. Yes, I live in San Antonio.

• dstartz
    14 years ago

Thank you, jolanaweb!

dstartz/Donna

• plantmaven
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Meredith~
    I have you down for:
    white passion vine
    dancing ginger

Kathy

• plantmaven
    Original Author
    14 years ago

bump

• dstartz
    14 years ago

jolanaweb & Tonya,

I was just rereading this thread - I have several different varieties of oleanders I grew from cuttings I collected around South Texas. If y'all would be interested I'd be more than happy to bring some cuttings in water for y'all. (That's how I rooted all of mine.)

I have a petite clear pink, cherry red from a plant that was well over 10' tall, a 6'+ off white & a 6'+ med pink.

Thursday & Friday are good days for root development, so I would collected them then.

LMK,

dstartz/Donna

• nbtonya
    14 years ago

Donna, thanks for thinking of us and the oleander. I would love any cuttings you can spare, we are trying to plant a bunch of them on some new property we have. I have one that I have rooted some from in water, but my success rate is not so great. I think I have had 2 root out of 10-15 cuttings. What is your secret to getting them to root?

Tonya

• meriberi
    14 years ago

Hey y'all -
    I found a 1 gal. duranta erecta at Lowe's for $1.50, then got home and realized it was deer candy and would never survive in the spots I have available. So if anyone would like it, I'd be happy to bring it to the swap.

• nbtonya
    14 years ago

Hi meriberi!

Please bring it to the swap, I am getting one from someone else, but if nobody else wants yours,I will take it off your hands. They are very pretty.

If anyone one else wants it, by all means you go first!

Tonya

• jolanaweb
    14 years ago

Okay, here is the list... I think of what I am to bring, lol
    if there are any mistakes, don't hesitate to point it out, lol

There are some that were done even before I was coming to the swap that aren't listed

Tonya
    lyre leaf sage
    maid of orleans

Shirley, Rock Oak Deer
    Mex. feather grass

Linda
    Lyre leaf sage

Roselee
    Maid of Orleans

Donna, Dstartz
    Flame Acanthus
    Red bud
    African Iris, Dietes

Meredith, Meriberi
    Passion vine
    Cast Iron Plant
    Sweet Autumn Clematis

• rock_oak_deer
    14 years ago

Last Spring I went to the swap thinking "but I don't have anything to trade!" I had a great time and brought home some great plants to help reclaim my neglected yard.

I'm glad you decided to join us and I look forward to meeting you.

• castro_gardener
    14 years ago

Hey, Jolana !

you forgot me ! :-(

I have the 2 salvia madrensis for you, and you were bringing African iris and feather grass for me.

Since Roselee can't make it, I picked up her trades today and will be bringing the plants she has for you. I'll deliver her goodies back to her when she gets back from her field trip.

***** Tonya, she's sending your stuff, too.

Patty

• castro_gardener
    14 years ago

hi Shirley --

Sent you a personal email .... I'll be at the swap and will have goodies for you !

patty

• jolanaweb
    14 years ago

No I didn't silly girl, our deal was made before I knew I was coming but if it will make you feel better, lol

I am really looking forward to meeting everyone that I don't know, lol
    and to see ole friends that I haven't seen in a while

Patty
    Mex Feather Grass
    African Iris
    Royal Poinciana seeds

• linda_tx8
    14 years ago

Was anyone bringing an elderberry? The lists are kind of scattered out and I thought someone had one, but maybe not?

• castro_gardener
    14 years ago

Thank you, Jolana.

I just felt soooooo left out. boo hoooooo !

patty

• nbtonya
    14 years ago

Hi everybody. Thought I'd put in my list of what I have and who I'm bring some to, so y'all can correct me if need be and so anyone can make a last "dibs" on stuff I still have available. I will bring extras of some things, but some of the common stuff I will not dig up unless someone requests them.

Datura (devil's trumpet) 'black currant swirl' (2) -gone
    Ragna,
    Donna

peppermint

Salvia farinacae (sp?) mealy cup sage

old fashioned pale yellow bearded irises
    Shirley,
    Kathy

apple mint (2 kinds)

short mexican petunia

tall mexican petunia

shasta daisy 'white knight'

purple coneflowers - standard variety

obedient plant

pavonia rock rose

Salvia Leucantha - gone
    Kathy

Salvia Mexicana 'limelight' - gone
    Kathy

Walking iris (yellow)
    Kathy (2),
    Shirley,
    Patty
    Sweet Basil cuttings, maybe some rooted

Cinnamon Basil cuttings, maybe some rooted

Basil NOID, cuttings

Cherry tomato seedlings

Tonya

• castro_gardener
    14 years ago

I have a lot left over from the church plant sale last Sunday. Please consider giving some of these a home in your garden or patio.

sanseveria / mother in law's tongue
    soap aloe
    multiplying onion
    bryophyllum kalanchoe
    night blooming cereus
    jewels of Opar
    large elephant ears
    spider plants
    bulbispermum crinum
    carolina jessamine
    bulbine
    asparagus fern
    aloe vera
    salvia coccinea
    mexican flame vine
    plumbago
    lantana
    acorn squash
    regular shrimp plant
    fruit cocktail shrimp plant
    texas native mountain laurel
    pothos ivy
    callisia fragrans / old man's pipe
    large leaf kalanchoe
    Jingle Bells kalanchoe
    variegated artemesia
    ruella squarrosa
    dwarf artillery fern
    4 o'clocks
    peace lily

don't be shy !!

Please email me directly SOON -- I'm packing up boxes on Friday and loading them into my truck.

oh...these are in addition to, and could be duplicates of, what is on my original list, which is still good, but I might not have time to dig up some things, if they are still in the ground.

patty

• dstartz
    14 years ago

Patty,

I'd love some of your:

sanseveria / mother in law's tongue
    texas native mountain laurel
    peace lily

dstartz/Donna

• phoenix7801
    14 years ago

Donna-I got you down for a trichocereus pups, ric rac cuttings,dragonfruit cuttings and some gerberas

Patty-you get a trichocereus cactus and a ric rac plant

• castro_gardener
    14 years ago

Phoenix, I left a message for you on the other thread, on the first page of Tx Gardening, where you put more of your list.

I'd also like some of the cactus/succulent soil for my babies that need something different. I didn't know you had it last year.

:-)
    patty

• rock_oak_deer
    14 years ago

Patty,

Put me down for variegated artemesia.

Thanks - Shirley

• meriberi
    14 years ago

Hi y'all -
    I'm really looking forward to meeting you all tomorrow! Thanks for your generosity (especially Jolana and Kathy). Tonya, I will bring the duranta for you, along with nametags and money for the pavilion.

Phoenix, if you happen to see this in time, I'd be interested in your crinum, but I don't have anything to offer in exchange (unless you want some orange daylilies or plastic nursery pots). So no expectations, but if it needs a home, I'd be happy to oblige!

Can't wait to meet you all tomorrow!
    - Meredith

• carrie751
    14 years ago

Well, all I can say is, "you guys have fun", and no dueling over plants ...........LOL>

• jolanaweb
    14 years ago

Thanks Carrie

I am bringing a couple of baby Turk's cap
    mex. feather grass
    couple of pieces of confederate jasmine

• plantmaven
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Someone is bringing Mother-in-laws tongue. Those could work for swords...if anyone gets out of hand. haha.

• jolanaweb
    14 years ago

HAHAHAHA,uh, can I park where I can watch from a distance, lol

• jolanaweb
    14 years ago

Roselee, we missed you. I just wanted to tell you that I got all of your plants, including the Cherry so be expecting a ransom letter when you return, lol

Linda, if you read this would you please email me, please
    If you would do it through GW so I don't have to write my addy here if you don't have it, Thank you
    jolana

• linda_tx8
    14 years ago

Linda or Linda? I think there was two at the swap...or am I mistaken?

• jolanaweb
    14 years ago

Linda that I traded with, lol

you silly.

• linda_tx8
    14 years ago

Jolana, did you get my email?

• jolanaweb
    14 years ago

No ma'am I didn't

• linda_tx8
    14 years ago

Well, for yahoo.com, mine is flameflowerx. Don't know how many times I've tried to email people on GW...and it doesn't get through. One thing I like about DG's site, their d-mail always works!

• jolanaweb
    14 years ago

I know, that reminds me, I need to check my email with yahoo and d mail
    Okay I will go through there

• tect_one
    13 years ago

"Well folks!
    Had a lot of you ask if we can get together and have a swap before the SA Festival one. YEP!
    Over at Vivians Saturday morning on May 22nd. She has been gracious enough one time to host a swap and she is doing it again!"

Plant Swap and You are very welcome to come!! Started out as a Bloomin' Buds activity, but got posted on craigs list and has now opened itself up so - more plants!!
    22 May - About 9:30/10 am 'til everyone is done.

For trading newbies: Everything may be traded as long as plants are healthy and have true leaves started. Labeled cuttings with care instructions, rooted cuttings, Seeds (especially rare types) are welcome. Bare root is acceptable for appropriate plants. Please label plants/seeds if you know what they are.

If you have no plants to trade: Probably no cash, but you can trade potting soil, mulch, anything a gardener might want or need. For instance, I am laying garden walks, so I am quite willing to trade for bricks, flagstones and 2"x4's!! We also welcome shares for new arrivals to the area who have no plants to trade.

btw: My neighbor is having a garage sale the same day.

Vivian Nelson
    7001 Spring Leaf 78249

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!