Posted by carolann_z8 Joshua,TX (gardengateclub@netzero.com) on
Thu, Sep 14, 06 at 7:36

IT'S TIME FOR OUR BIG FALL PLANT SWAP. YOU WOULD NOT WANT TO MISS IT
WE HAVE EVERY PLANT IMAGIONABLE AND LOTS OF COOL PRIZES
PLANT SWAP/POTLUCK SATURDAY OCTOBER 14, 2006 HOSTED BY THE GARDEN GATE CLUB
DATE: Oct. 14, 2006 (TELL YOUR FRIENDS)
TIME : 11:00 to ?

PLACE: 1011 YVONNE DR. JOSHUA, TX 76058

TRADING MATERIALS : PLANTS, WELL-ROOTED, POTS, BULBS, SHRUBS, GARDEN ORNAMENTS OR JUNK ART, GARDEN MAG. BUNDLED, & BOOKS. PLEASE MARK CONTAINERS WITH KIND OF FLOWER PLUS SUN OR SHADE. USE OLD CONTAINERS & PLASTIC FORK WITH PERMANENT MARKER

POTLUCK: I DONT KNOW WHICH IS BEST THE FOOD OR PLANT SWAP. PLEASE BRING A DISH TO SHARE+UTENSILS (MARK YOUR NAME) AND ANY BEVERAGE. I WILL PROVIDE PLATES, CUPS & NAPKINS.

11:00 PEOPLE ARRIVE, SIGN IN WITH NAME & NUMBER OF PLANTS,GET A NAME TAG, SIGN-UP FOR DOOR PRIZE, PUT YOUR TRADE PLANTS IN THEIR AREAS. VISIT WITH OTHER FRIENDLY GARDENERS & VIEW ALL THE WONDERFUL TRADES. THIS SWAP IS PATTERENED AFTER A LARGE SUCCESSFUL PLANT SWAP UP NORTH. THEY HAD 125 PEOPLE & OVER 2,800 PLANTS.

12:00 ENJOY OUR WONDERFUL POTLUCK. AFTER LUNCH DOOR PRIZES. WE'RE GIVING OUT GIFT BASKETS, A LARGE WINDOWBOX PLANTER, BIRD SEEDS AND MORE.

1:00 ROUND ROBIN: WHAT WE ARE ALL WAITING FOR!! EVERYONE SELECT ONE PLANT. ROUND ROBIN 2 EVERYONE TAKE ONE PLANT. ROUND ROBIN 3 EVERYONE SELECT TWO PLANTS. ROUND ROBIN 4 EVERYONE SELECT 3 PLANTS. ROUND ROBIN 5 SELECT 4 AND SO ON. EVERYONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO TAKE HOME AS MANY PLANTS AS THEY BRING & SOME OF US BRING EXTRAS FOR FOLLOW GARDENERS.

TIPS OF THE DAY: PLEASE BRING A WAGON TO SHARE, FOLDING CHAIRS, TABLE FOR PLANTS, ETC. I HAVE A WAGON & SOME TABLES AND CHAIRS SO LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED TO USE THEM.
R.S.V.P : gardengateclub@netzero.com or call 817 447-3438

I CANT WAIT TILL OCT. BECAUSE I RECEIVED SO MANY NICE PLANTS AT THE LAST SWAP.
REGARDS, Carol

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Big Fall Plant Swap October 14,2006~Near Ft. Worth

This is one swap I would not want to miss, there are lot's of nice people,food, fun and plenty of plants to swap.
The last one I went to we had time to mingle getting to know other gardeners, check out the plants for the round robin to see which ones we want to go for. There were plenty of seeds, good magazines, I don't remember all that was set out on the table but there was plenty of thing's to choose from and everyone went home happy with their new found treasures.
I have some organic books that I will be bring to set on the table, these have good info for vegetable gardening.
Plants I'll bring for sure are Ice plant, this is the wide leaved type they have a high gloss to the leaves, great ground cover, easy to care for, they have to be over wintered inside but very well worth it.
I also have dwarf canna (yellow) black blue salvia, Henry Duelberg salvia. Have to poke around the garden to see what else I'll have to bring.
Seeds, Salvia's lot's and lot's of salvia seed, these grow easy just lay the seed were you want it to grow and pat it in the ground-don't cover it or you can start it in doors but they grow so fast there really no need to. Just plant after the last frost date.

o

Barb what a sweet thing to write.

I have some Blue Plumbago, Red Ruellia, Brugmansias and lots of other things.

We have a man who owns a nursery also coming and he'll bring lots of goodies.

o

This sounds like a blast. I'm busy potting things up now. I hope it's not too early.

o

I have some things potted up now. It's not too early.

So far we have about 35 people coming but it should grow before it's time for it.

o

Where is Joshua in relation to Ft. Worth?

o

Hi autumnshowers. It's 15 minutes south of Ft. Worth.

We're all talking about it on the conversations forum.

I hope you can join us.
Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Texas are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here