Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
have: plant swap in allen/fairview, tx - oct. 2

Posted by denisew z8 TX (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 21, 10 at 12:03

Come out to The Village at Fairview located at Highway 75 and Stacy Rd. (NE corner) on Saturday, October 2 from 9 am until 12 noon for our fall plant swap. Please bring your plants in containers - all labeled. Seeds are welcome in labeled envelopes. We'll have the swap at the new Community Gardens located along the north side of the property just north of the Macy's store near the big fountain and Purple Cow. This event is free and is sponsored by the Allen Garden Club and The Village of Fairview.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: have: plant swap in allen/fairview, tx - oct. 2

Other than your self and plants, is there anything else you recommend to bring. First plant swap.

o

The Village at Fairview is providing tables and a couple tents. You might want to bring an empty flat or produce box to carry any new plants home. I'm looking forward to seeing you there!

I have been busy digging a lot of my plants that have multiplied: rock rose, turk's cap, lyreleaf sage, black-eyed Susans (Fulgida goldsturm), buffalo currant, pink yarrow, sweet autumn clematis, daylilies, etc. I'm still digging plants, so will probably have more by the end of the week.

o

I have several each of Elizabeth Traub & Ellen Bosanquest and 1 Emma Jones Crinums plus a couple of Blue River and Plum Crazy Hibiscus, Turks Cap, a few Brugs and a bunch of either Lycoris squamigera & radiata in a grab bag mix. I renovated an area while they were dormant that contained both. I can't tell which is which when they are dormant.

It will be interesting to see what else will be there.

o

Hi fairview - Thanks for coming out to the plant swap. You mentioned sending me pictures of your garden and I would love to see them. Please either post them here in the gallery or send them to me at allengardenclub.org.
Thanks!
Denise

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Texas are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here