Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Rockwall Master Gardeners Swap

Posted by msmisk NTX8 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 24, 09 at 12:05

Rockwall County Master Gardener Plant & Seed Swap
October 10, 2009 - 9:00 am
Rockwall county Discovery Garden - 875 Riding club Road, Rockwall

Bring your unwanted plants and extra seeds. Swap them with other residents from the county. Put plants in old pots, plastic bags, or grocery sacks. Seeds should be put in zip locking bags and labeled. The activity will start promptly at 9:00 am. To have the best selection, be ready at 9:00 am. There may also be a select group of plants available from the garden itself. Gates open at 8:00 am.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Rockwall Master Gardeners Swap

Is anyone here going to this swap? We are going in with a lot of plants and bulbs to trade.

o

I think I'm going to try and talk Sylvia in to going. It's not that far from us.

o

I'm going, too - can't wait !!

o

The Rockwall swap was fun, and well-attended for their first time. I came home with evergreen wisteria, japanese blood grass, bog sage and chocolate plant that are new to me, as well as seeds for giant coneflower and butterly weed.

At the same time, the master gardeners were having the fall cleanup of their discovery garden, so they were pulling out and cutting back and mulching, assisted by a group of enthusiastic young 4-H-ers.

I learned from a plumeria expert how to overwinter that plant, so I may try one again soon.

I hope they have it again next year, and maybe one in the spring, too !

Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Texas are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here